Options

Strength.Training.Guile. [Mass Effect].The Special Tasks Group needs you.USE SPOILER TAGS

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i can't believe my last premium spectre gave me two redundant class cards it's just

guh

i had to scratch up that 99000 credits with half-aborted silver pubbie games and bronze matches

I got a couple of these last night. They're just the best

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    Well my last pack got me GPS IV and GPR III.

All I want are brogans :(

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    thanks to super spectre packs I have a falcon X

waiting for its time to come again

Give me that gun, Dichotomy.

• Options
    The GPS is a monster, especially once you get it up above V or VI.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I didn't actually get anything I really wanted from the super spectre packs, but at least I won't be getting many more things I don't want

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    like after those days of farming gold

falcon X
    geth plasma shotgun X
    geth pulse rifle X
    revenant X

hornet VI

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I'm up to Widow VII, Carnifex VII, GPS VI, and Javelin II

and a metric crapton of shit I don't care about

and a bunch of duplicated character cards that aren't even unlocking appearance options for me anymore

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    want to trade degrees later? i haven't even graduated yet and i'm sick of accounting.

I will never understand why people become accountants

job stability. guess who gets fired last?

If you guessed the CEO, you're correct, but if you said accountants you are second most correct.

also it's not very hard work and it pays alright.

I just forgot about how easily I get bored.

yeah, that's fair

it's just

I don't think I could ever force myself to work with numbers for a living

• Options
    I didn't actually get anything I really wanted from the super spectre packs, but at least I won't be getting many more things I don't want

I thought you could still get stuff you have maxed out?

Or is that just for character cards and not weapons

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    I think it was designed with a high level of promotion turnaround. I guess they expected people to be playing the multiplayer concurrently with many single player playthroughs. So it makes sense that you get a lot of character cards because they give you a shitload of XP quickly.

• Options

I thought you could still get stuff you have maxed out?

Or is that just for character cards and not weapons

yeah, once you get X you'll never see that gun again

the best part is once you have most of the weapons it doesn't even necessarily mean you're guaranteed to get the remaining weapons you want

just more character cards

lots and lots of character cards

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    I think it was designed with a high level of promotion turnaround. I guess they expected people to be playing the multiplayer concurrently with many single player playthroughs. So it makes sense that you get a lot of character cards because they give you a shitload of XP quickly.

character cards don't even give you a shitload of XP

haven't touched vanguard and despite all the drell/asari vanguard cards I've gotten the class is still only at level 16

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    basically I hate character cards

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Every time a premium spectre pack gave me a drell vanguard and an arc pistol I stopped to think about the paladin and carnifex it gave me in consecutive packs.

It reminds me that the universe is at least somewhat fair.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Character cards are great, until you get the character, then they're mediocre

and once you max out the customizations, they're shit

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Outside of the Crusader and the Predator I haven't found any gun I truly love

I guess the eviscerator's pretty good

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Man

The guy who replaced Mordin's actor? The first time you talk to him, it's really jarring. But after that, it's like they never changed actors at all

And then if you're a Renegade

He knocks that shit out of the park so hard

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    "I made a MISTAKE!"

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Graal Spike Thrower VI
    Geth Plasma Shotgun VIII
    Turian Soldier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Mordin
    I talked him down.

Somehow

Somehow I feel like I dragged him to Hell with me.

The man working on the Crucible is Mordin the scientist, Mordin the STG op, Mordin the spy.

Mordin the healer, Mordin the man of medicine, is dead.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Man

The guy who replaced Mordin's actor? The first time you talk to him, it's really jarring. But after that, it's like they never changed actors at all

And then if you're a Renegade

He knocks that shit out of the park so hard

some dude called William Salyers

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    I'd probably use the carnifex if I could unlock it

My game is real stingy with pistols though

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    basically I hate character cards

if character cards that didn't give you anything would be auto returned for some sort of credit amount that would be great

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    hope so much that that new harpoon gun is good

I hope it's a sniper rifle

I'd love if it behaved like a sniper rifle

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    The_Scarab wrote: »

character cards don't even give you a shitload of XP

haven't touched vanguard and despite all the drell/asari vanguard cards I've gotten the class is still only at level 16

I mean, they'll allow you to not have to play a level 1 and be useless for at least one game, possibly two or three.

They seem designed to cut out the tedium of alts in an MMO sense. Classes only really become your own at around level 10, when you can start making power choices and permanently defining your guy.

If you were churning through classes all the time, never sitting at level 20 at all because you wanted to get more war assets, then they'd be more useful, for sure. I guess that was their original intention, they just didn't expect nobody to care about war assets once they'd finished the game once.

Also. it's be unfair to the people who play far less who haven't yet unlocked the character classes if they tweaked the drop rate to be lower because a lot of people find them redundant.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    anyone want to origin multi?

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    sure, langly

one moment

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    I'm gold farming with some pubbies, I'd be down to play with you folks when I'm done in this game (on wave 4 atm)

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I didn't even notice that mordin had changed actors, to be honest

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular

same

• Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular

Mark Meer did a stand in voice for the pre-release promotional stuff while they were trying to negotiate with the old acto which was alot more noticeable.

• Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    Where does the Black Widow fall on the Sniper Rifle scale? Is it awesome? Should I be using the one I have?

hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    it's weird, I'm usually pretty sensitive to that kind of thing

• Options
    haha dubh if you are looking at the thread, you didn't pop up in my friends list, so I can't chat you.

we need two more btw people

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    hope so much that that new harpoon gun is good

I hope it's a sniper rifle

I'd love if it behaved like a sniper rifle

I'm fairly sure it is a sniper rifle.

• Options
    Where does the Black Widow fall on the Sniper Rifle scale? Is it awesome? Should I be using the one I have?

less damage than the widow, but three shots per clip, it's pretty fucking good. has the armor piercing inherent to the widow as well.

• Options

opinions vary from "OMG WORST SNIPER RIFLE" to "OMG BEST SNIPER RIFLE"

it really comes down to whether you want to have more than one shot before needing to reload

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I thought Mordin's new voice actor was way worse! Especially having just played through ME2

Any scene with him lost a significant amount of impact for me because I was constantly thinking "man this would be so much better if they kept the other guy"

He also can't sing for shit, which, considering how much they drive that joke into the ground is kind of a big deal

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Dumb question but ....RANNOCH SPOILERS
    When you travel throught the Geth 'Collective', you are treated to some footage of various Quarians helping out the Geth (wearing helmets still...which seemed odd) Is Legion the Geth hardware shown? I think it's implied, but maybe I was reading the scene wrong. Also, I got the feeling it was the "Creators" who defended the Geth were the ones that shaped the views the Geth had about Quarians. Had they not defended them, the Geth may have well as annihilated the Quarians, calculating that all Quarians would destroy them.

• Options
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Dumb question but ....RANNOCH SPOILERS
    When you travel throught the Geth 'Collective', you are treated to some footage of various Quarians helping out the Geth (wearing helmets still...which seemed odd) Is Legion the Geth hardware shown? I think it's implied, but maybe I was reading the scene wrong. Also, I got the feeling it was the "Creators" who defended the Geth were the ones that shaped the views the Geth had about Quarians. Had they not defended them, the Geth may have well as annihilated the Quarians, calculating that all Quarians would destroy them.

re helmets
    legion brushes it off as you not having seen enough naked quarians to know what they would look like, even if you banged tali

2x39jD4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.