Options

Strength.Training.Guile. [Mass Effect].The Special Tasks Group needs you.USE SPOILER TAGS

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    More Cronos Station spoilers
    Why is it such a big thing to see that video log confirm that Shep was brain-dead?
    I thought it was established that he was completely, totally, and in all other ways dead

It was two fucking years on an uninhabited planet after going through re-entry, was Shepard really hoping "well maybe I was just in a coma for all that time"
    to get you thinking about transhumanism. if you haven't already with all those little chats going on in the ship

not sure if that should be spoilered or not... not really ...but just being safe

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Veretas wrote: »
    alright

got the tumblr up to date with everything we've done so far

wonder which mission she's gonna want to do first

Oh god

did she leave Wrex behind

don't tell me she left Wrex behind

we still haven't actually left the citadel, we stopped as soon as the cutscene where you're made a spectre ends

Well remember you have most of the rest of the game to decide to come back and pick him up.

I did a run through where I never ever took him off the Citadel, just to find out what happens.

ME2:
    On Tuchanka, the game thinks he's dead - you talk to Wreav and such. On the ship, Joker acts like you talked to Wrex. Strangeness!

ME3:
    Wrex is alive, but he acts all chummy to you anyway.

that's weird, I did a playthrough where I didn't take Garrus in 1, and it actually changed a fair bit of his dialogue in 2

Yes, and it will be accurately reflected in the third game. For example, he won't reference doing anything done in the first game as part of his accomplishments when trading brags with Vega.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Shepard was presumably rescued from the planet relatively quickly, he spent two years being rebuilt.

I think the big reveal was supposed to be
    he fact that they used Reaper tech to rebuild him.

wait, did I miss something?
    I thought reaper tech was used to help build Edi not Shep?

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Veretas wrote: »
    alright

got the tumblr up to date with everything we've done so far

wonder which mission she's gonna want to do first

Oh god

did she leave Wrex behind

don't tell me she left Wrex behind

we still haven't actually left the citadel, we stopped as soon as the cutscene where you're made a spectre ends

Well remember you have most of the rest of the game to decide to come back and pick him up.

I did a run through where I never ever took him off the Citadel, just to find out what happens.

ME2:
    On Tuchanka, the game thinks he's dead - you talk to Wreav and such. On the ship, Joker acts like you talked to Wrex. Strangeness!

ME3:
    Wrex is alive, but he acts all chummy to you anyway.

that's weird, I did a playthrough where I didn't take Garrus in 1, and it actually changed a fair bit of his dialogue in 2

Yes, and it will be accurately reflected in the third game. For example, he won't reference doing anything done in the first game as part of his accomplishments when trading brags with Vega.

Which also explains why so much of his critpath dialog references stuff in 2.

It's a really nice touch.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Shepard was presumably rescued from the planet relatively quickly, he spent two years being rebuilt.

I think the big reveal was supposed to be
    he fact that they used Reaper tech to rebuild him.

wait, did I miss something?
    I thought reaper tech was used to help build Edi not Shep?

Both

you know that glowy spookiness that you have when you are pretty renegade

that is what that is

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    So when is the DLC going live?

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Tuesday

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Thank you shoe, that is helpful.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Just to make it clear from a couple pages ago, I have already played and beat Mass Effect 3.

I just thought naming specific locations in the late game of ME3 may be a spoiler - I'm not sure that mission, i.e.,:
    Cerberus HQ
    is a given if you haven't played 3 yet.

What I'm doing right now is my "renegade" run, with a play through I started in ME1 and imported in ME2. I intend to carry it into 3 right after this. (The original ME1 play through started last fall and then I picked back up again a couple weeks ago, beat ME1, and am now working on ME2.)

Edit: also I just started Mordin's loyalty mission.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    I'm going to do some bronze stuff if anyone is keen.

• Options
    "What is fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens, electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Why, yes, I did bring Garrus you with me on this mission just for that bit of ambient dialog.
    He references it again in ME3. It was on Earth, I think?

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    It is a really good bit of ambient dialog

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »

Why, yes, I did bring Garrus you with me on this mission just for that bit of ambient dialog.

that was one of my favorites

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Cerberus base on Horizon, I think.

Either that or the main base.

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

I remember it so well because the first time I played ME2 two years ago I was laughing so hard that I had to pause the game.

Not quite the same impact now, but still great.

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

I remember it so well because the first time I played ME2 two years ago I was laughing so hard that I had to pause the game.

Not quite the same impact now, but still great.

YouTube please.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

9739_13b7_900.jpeg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

I can't tell if this is sarcastic! That's all anyone knows!

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    I'm starting to wonder if they made the outset of this mission so funny because the end is so heavy.

Mordin on live test subjects: "No tests on species capable of calculus. Simple rule, never broke it."

The best renegade interrupt in the game:
    "You talk too much!"
    "See, the human cannot hit a simple target!"
    *BOOM*

• Options
    "Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine!"

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »

I can't tell if this is sarcastic! That's all anyone knows!

I wasn't being sarcastic, I thought it was going out Monday, but then I wasn't sure if it was up yet.

• Options
    Mordin's loyalty mission is really really good

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options

Yeah, it is. Just had the conversation in the room with the dead Krogan female.

I had forgotten that this bit in ME3 was a reference:
    In ME2 he says:
    Sometimes wish were less intelligent. Someone else's problem.

Fool's wish. Had to be me. Others might have gotten it wrong.

Had to take a break.

• Options
    Sometimes I forget why i love ME2 so much.

Then stuff like that reminds me.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

In ME2 he says:

Had to take a break.

I have to say, that the frequency with which they quoted that line in ME3 (I recognized it immediately) was sorta off-putting for me. Took me out of the moment.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    this just made me think about a difference in how i play ME2 and ME3
    in ME3 i was pretty much constantly on task

there is one situation and whatever i was doing is working toward a solution to that problem and i am constantly reminded of this

in ME2 i feel more that i am basically bumming around on the cerberus dime and seeing the galaxy

every time the illusive man calls and i literally cannot move on until i deal with his shit

okay FINE SHEESH i'll deal with the stupid main storyline

am i done with this collector shit for now because i got some stuff to do on illium

sure, everything in ME2 is supposed to be in service of the larger story thing

stop the collectors and stop the reapers

but it really doesn't feel like that

it feels much more self-directed and less desperate and as if it is more about the cast of characters than the main plot

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »

In ME2 he says:

Had to take a break.

I have to say, that the frequency with which they quoted that line in ME3 (I recognized it immediately) was sorta off-putting for me. Took me out of the moment.

If it was referenced multiple times in ME3 I either disregarded it or forgot. Only made the connection later.

• Options
    Sometimes I wish I could achieve the detachment necessary to just select the bottom options all the time.

Trying to figure out what to do with the data (and, yes, I know all the consequences (and Wrex is alive)).

• Options
    There are a lot of level twenty vanguards playing bronze.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Horseshoe wrote: »

there is one situation and whatever i was doing is working toward a solution to that problem and i am constantly reminded of this

in ME2 i feel more that i am basically bumming around on the cerberus dime and seeing the galaxy

every time the illusive man calls and i literally cannot move on until i deal with his shit

am i done with this collector shit for now because i got some stuff to do on illium

it feels much more self-directed and less desperate and as if it is more about the cast of characters than the main plot
    It IS more about the cast.

There are only really four plot-focussed missions once you have control of the Normandy. Horizon, the Collector Ship, Dead Reaper, and the Collector Base.

As opposed to the 22 missions devoted to the recruitment and loyalty of the rest of your crew, each with it's own entire story to tell.

ME2 is all about the characters. And it's also the one where you just happen to responsible for keeping them alive in the final mission. Not a coincidence, I think.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Chose to destroy the data.

That should spice up my ME3 play through a bit.

• Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Horseshoe wrote: »

It IS more about the cast.

There are only really four plot-focussed missions once you have control of the Normandy. Horizon, Collector Ship, Dead Reaper, and the Collector Base.

As opposed to the 22 missions devoted to the recruitment and loyalty of the rest of your crew, each with it's own entire story to tell.

ME2 is all about the characters.
    yeah exactly

i mean technically recruiting team members and doing loyalty stuff is all in service to the main mission

but the fact that the main mission is being supported is not why i enjoy them

hell if it was all about the main mission i would skip as much of that stuff as possible just so that i could put a swift end to the collectors and their bullshit

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

In ME2 he says:

Had to take a break.

If it was referenced multiple times in ME3 I either disregarded it or forgot. Only made the connection later.

He said it one other time when you
    discover he was the mole

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Quick question. Blake and I share the one copy of ME3 on the 360. Blake already has a live acct and I am thinking of getting one so that I can play multiplayer.

Do we need a second access code for me to be able to play the multiplayer stuff?

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Okay, time for something a little more lighthearted.

I think it's time to go Yahg hunting.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Quick question. Blake and I share the one copy of ME3 on the 360. Blake already has a live acct and I am thinking of getting one so that I can play multiplayer.

Do we need a second access code for me to be able to play the multiplayer stuff?

If you're both on the same 360 then you shouldn't need another code.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »

If you're both on the same 360 then you shouldn't need another code.

Cheers bro

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    YES

Mom Racer hates Garrus

this is like the perfect ME1 playthrough

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    On the way to the Wards, we come across a hanar arguing with a C-Sec officer. The cop is angry that the hanar is preaching in public, and Mom tells him that he should leave it alone. The officer explains that everything would be fine if the hanar just had a permit. Mom calls him pathetic for not being able to handle the problem and turns to the hanar. It gives its side of the story and mom tells it to piss off. It refuses. Mom starts to talk to the C-Sec officer again before she remembers that she doesn’t care. She calls him pathetic again and leaves for the bar.

oh my god :^: :^:

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    the last premium spectre pack I'm probably going to get had a Krogan Sentinel in it

finally!

since I also got my first respec card I have decided to try out a rage-oriented build

given that as well as the fact that his cousin is named Chex the only possible name for him was Captain Crunch

This discussion has been closed.