As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kitty [Chat]s!

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I hate everything you stand for, Abdhyius.

:^:

Soon you will be ready, my son.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    msmya wrote: »
    clocks all set to EST
    it's official
    i am a coast traitor :(
    best coast, you mean.

which means u live closer to me now... yayyyy!
    but thanatos says where you are is some sort of hell hole
    it managed to scar him and change him into the misanthropic curmudgeon we see today
    that scares me
    Hey, I was a misanthropic curmudgeon long before I went there.

But yes, Upstate is a total hellhole. Sorry, msmya. Sorry, Sarksus. It hurts, but sometimes the truth hurts.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i just got my ass beat in this medieval total war battle

i'm all ok i have these longbowmen, i'll mow down incoming infantry and when they get in melee range i'll switch to further targets. also i'll charge in half my swordsmen to each incoming line, and as my troops tire i'll commit the other half from the side

i got massacred

FUKK U AGINCOURT

u suk

also do you like LOTR?

i am not very good

also i guess i kind of like lotr

i'm not a devotee or anything (and i prefer non-fantasy stuff i guess) but i am ok with the universe

are you gonna recommend a lotr rts?

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I only care about men with long pointy sticks. That is the essence of my conquering ways.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Damn the land of ooo is earth with canada blown off. Whoops

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    upstate ny is pretty terrible. i mean, it's nice that there are a lot of tech jobs i guess but it's just stupidly cold and boring and expensive for no reason

nyc is the only good part of ny

you agree or i feed

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Well, my aunt is now officially about to die. My sister thinks it would probably be bad to let her kids see her in the terrible state she's in but I don't know, they have the right to say goodbyw at least, don't they?

It depends. It depends on a lot.

How old are the kids? How is she now - is she still mostly herself? Is she conscious?

I wasn't much more than ten when I saw one of my granddads not long before he died, and to be honest it didn't really help me much. He wasn't really there anyway, and it was mostly just sitting there, being sort of confused about what was going on my parents and the other grownup's heads, and sort of wishing I could be alone to sort my thoughts about it out.

She's conscious, just with a bunch of tubes sticking out of her. She has cancer, so she won't lose her faculties.

Her kids, one is 5 and the other is 9 or so. So I don't know. I mean, they love their mom.

And thanks Cass, I appreciate the thoughts.

They should see her. That is a shittastic thing to go through though

I can't picture what it must be like.

I don't want to be there when they find out their mom is dead.

I can't deal when children (adult or kids) find out their parents are gone. I was happy I did not witness my cousin's children finding out he had been murdered or I would've lost my shit.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »

Canada lurks beneath the depths of the ocean. We care not what happens to you drylanders.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

i'm all ok i have these longbowmen, i'll mow down incoming infantry and when they get in melee range i'll switch to further targets. also i'll charge in half my swordsmen to each incoming line, and as my troops tire i'll commit the other half from the side

i got massacred

FUKK U AGINCOURT

medieval is fucking hard

I guess I would not make a good general

i guess i'm not sure how much i should pay attention to morale/freshness

every time my dudes got super tired i'd try to back them up and give them a break while committing other troops, plus move my general near them

but i feel like the time it took them to strategically retreat just had the french dicks hacking at my back

meh

hit-and-run only really works for cavalry

when infantry is engaged they should be engaged somewhere they're going to win

also, the primary use for archers is damaging enemies' morale, so that when you charge, you can cause a general rout

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    semi-NSFW:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/521973_347171418652717_203327903037070_853415_467170176_n.jpg

Carrie Fisher and stunt double on the set of Return of the Jedi

• Options

i got massacred

FUKK U AGINCOURT

medieval is fucking hard

I guess I would not make a good general

i guess i'm not sure how much i should pay attention to morale/freshness

every time my dudes got super tired i'd try to back them up and give them a break while committing other troops, plus move my general near them

but i feel like the time it took them to strategically retreat just had the french dicks hacking at my back

meh

When you bring in fresh troops, have them move in from the side to attempt a flanking maneuver. If the enemy disengages from your tired troops (and it does matter), you can retreat them and bring up a fresh cohort. Never bring guys forward on top of your troops because they get all tangled and muckity muck muck.

It's less one big line, though that feeeeeels good, than a bunch of smaller fists, IMO. That's how I fight anyway.

• Options

i got massacred

FUKK U AGINCOURT

u suk

also do you like LOTR?

i am not very good

i'm not a devotee or anything (and i prefer non-fantasy stuff i guess) but i am ok with the universe

http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-total-war

A medieval 2 mod

it is very cool

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    It's not that the east coast is BAD, per se. It's just that the west coast is so much better.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    BREAKING NEWS: North Korea has launched a rocket into space containing a display sink from the bathroom appliances section of Home Depot.

More at 11.

You just know that all the US military radar guys had bets on how long it would fly, too. Someone made some money today.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    you agree or i feed

i missed u

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    what is this 'west coast'

i know only of worst coast

• Options
    semi-NSFW:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/521973_347171418652717_203327903037070_853415_467170176_n.jpg

Carrie Fisher and stunt double on the set of Return of the Jedi

I thought that was a dude at first (so sorry!)

(because I still kinda think that)

• Options
    Grocery store did not have simple syrup. FUCKING PROLES.

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ok so it's not super exciting up here, but I kind of like it that way. No crime, kind of peaceful and quiet. It also means that my vacations will be fun and exciting. Since I actually will make enough money to afford it

PLUS ME, SARKSUS, and LOSERFORHIREX ARE UP HERE, we make things better. obviously.

msmya on
  • Options

Canada lurks beneath the depths of the ocean. We care not what happens to you drylanders.

No. The piece with Canada on it is totes gone.

• Options
    always flank enemies

...north america?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Ok so it's not super exciting up here, but I kind of like it that way. No crime, kind of peaceful and quiet. It also means that my vacations will be fun and exciting. Since I actually will make enough money to afford it

everywhere seems low crime to me

• Options

totes isn't a word so everything is fine!

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    totes is totes a word

a p. great word imo

• Options
    /-\ /--\ /-\
    -- -- -- --

Could be a way to you have your armies set up, chu

• Options
    that looked way better when i was in preview than what it came out as ... bah. stupid board.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

I had friends who were afraid to go into Baltimore and I was like "...We live in Philadelphia"

• Options
    Other than passing by the cops sitting and talking with someone every weekend (sitting on top of said someone, last time) I don't see any crime

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

lolPhiladelphia? I feel like I should make a semi-sarcastic joke here but I don't know how.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Is Pax East usually held during the Easter Week-end?

Because if so, i'd definitely going there next year.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    upstate ny is pretty terrible. i mean, it's nice that there are a lot of tech jobs i guess but it's just stupidly cold and boring and expensive for no reason

you agree or i feed

but you can't have guns there
    doesn't that automatically put it in the bad pile for you

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I went to get a soda, but I forgot I didn't have any cash. I felt kind of bad for using a debit card for a $1 purchase. Then it turned out that someone was hogging up the one phone line they had so the cashier had to kick his coworker off the phone so the debit card transaction could proceed. I felt really bad after that.

Shitty sitcom life

You're the kind of person who writes checks at the supermarket

Feral, check your privilege

• Options

you agree or i feed

but you can't have guns there
    doesn't that automatically put it in the bad pile for you

i actually stopped carrying

*sad trumpet*

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    What the hell is a cat?

A miserable little pile of secrets.

If you catch them you can ransom them for their secrets

but the Duchess disapproves

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    always flank enemies

...north america?
    No the part south of Canada is there the rest got blown off clear to the lower mantle.

• Options
    Is Pax East usually held during the Easter Week-end?

Because if so, i'd definitely going there next year.

this was the first year it was held over easter. previously it was mid march.

• Options
    God, this browser game.

Giving it a bit of gameplay, and some visuals of battles would be p amazing

this boss fight is thousands of players in their ships attacking a huge ship

visuals of that would be pretty awesome

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

i got massacred

FUKK U AGINCOURT

u suk

also do you like LOTR?

i am not very good

http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-total-war

A medieval 2 mod

it is very cool

I am so installing that when I get home.

Just finished reading The Return of the King (again) yesterday and an into Appendix B.

This readthrough of LOTR was the first time I had used my phone as an e-reader. Other than Google Play Books (such a stupid name) not working with footnotes on Android yet it worked amazingly well.

The huge screen on my Droid 2 was easily big enough for comfortable reading.

also, damn those are good books. Every time there is new stuff to find in there.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    love dis muh'fuckin' baby

Photo%20Apr%2012%2C%207%2055%2029%20PM.jpg

she makes me miss alex, though :S

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Michigan is best chigan

Psn:wazukki
This discussion has been closed.