As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2]New thread is up. Hope everyone enjoyed the April BWE! It was awesome!

• Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Razor4884 wrote: »
    I was trying to get onto their Ventrilo, but I can't get the password right. What do they mean when they say "PM me or Entaru" as the password?

We're actually not using the Vent - we're using Teamspeak 3. All the info, and the pw are in the OP below where Vent is mentioned.

Server IP: 66.135.59.185:9999
    Password: pa

Geod on
  • Options
    Razor4884Razor4884 Registered User new member
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Razor4884 wrote: »
    I was trying to get onto their Ventrilo, but I can't get the password right. What do they mean when they say "PM me or Entaru" as the password?

You have to private message Corehealer or Entaru to receive the password.

Thanks ;). I needed that.

• Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    Interesting wowinsider.com has GW2 advertising plastered all over it. . .

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    But yeah, that small server is for smaller groups. Our main server will be the Teamspeak server.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Geod wrote: »
    Draygo wrote: »
    I should be home in an hour or two, gunna see if I can sort out who is running what pa guild, and see what we want to do about creating the megacorp.

Its only G&T and se++? I'm still new to the PA forums so trying to get used to the different sections and which are playing what.

The two seperate guilds then one bigger PA unified guild for wuvwuv would be awesome.

I imagine @Vivixenne would be the one running the SE one. Hopefully all the SE people would be in the G&T one too.

All PA people, regardless of sub-forum, are welcome in all the PA guilds. PA guilds are for us all to focus on specific elements of the game as well as for regional distinction.

Yeah I'm honestly thinking that the split isn't all that important... I'm happy to play with all the G&T folk and I would imagine the SE++ group are happy to do the same.

For those that really aren't, though, then it's not too difficult to just join both and activate one or the other where you want it.

And @Geod cheers for the vote of confidence - I may not actually be running the SE++ guild though. I think that job is falling to other people in that thread, like @unintentional or someone, since I just won't be on that much this weekend because TIME (SADFACE). I'm happy to be an officer though!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Angry WeaselAngry Weasel Registered User regular
    Link to listing of where all the large communities are going -

http://openetherpad.org/ep/pad/view/Hcpzc4HD46/latest

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    maybe, hop on TS with us :)

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I think if se++ wants to have a seperate guild it should, just to avoid any leadership and member issues that may occur because people may feel loyal to one group or the other.

We could always coordinate through our awesome teamspeak or these forums if needed. Se++ may have their own leadership structure and what not already in place that may conflict with what we are doing with ours now or down the line.

I honestly think the SE++ crew are more about enjoying the BWE than worrying about what guild is doing what when... all guilds will be wiped before the game is released, anyway, so talking about it in-depth right now is not so helpful

could be an idea to experiment, though, over the next few BWEs over what guild splits work and what don't

in fact I think more of a "play style" split is better than a subforum split

like, people who are more likely to initiate and organize PvP/WvW in one guild, people who are way more casual about the PvP (as in happy to do it but maybe less inclined to organize, run, or meta the shit out of it) and can lead/run any and all PvE stuff in another guild

that way PvP/WvW can be organized in the one guild and then someone can feed into the other guild that "hey, PvP is happening now, join us if you are free otherwise no worries"

and the same going backwards, like the PvE guild meeting up in a high-level area somewhere and roaming around looking for events or unlocking areas all together - these can get fed back to the PvP guild and those who are available can join

so it's not that one is PvP ONLY or PvE ONLY, it's that one takes the LEAD in organising PvP and the other takes the LEAD in organising PvE

thoughts?

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I think if se++ wants to have a seperate guild it should, just to avoid any leadership and member issues that may occur because people may feel loyal to one group or the other.

We could always coordinate through our awesome teamspeak or these forums if needed. Se++ may have their own leadership structure and what not already in place that may conflict with what we are doing with ours now or down the line.

I honestly think the SE++ crew are more about enjoying the BWE than worrying about what guild is doing what when... all guilds will be wiped before the game is released, anyway, so talking about it in-depth right now is not so helpful

could be an idea to experiment, though, over the next few BWEs over what guild splits work and what don't

like, people who are more likely to initiate and organize PvP/WvW in one guild, people who are way more casual about the PvP (as in happy to do it but maybe less inclined to organize, run, or meta the shit out of it) and can lead/run any and all PvE stuff in another guild

that way PvP/WvW can be organized in the one guild and then someone can feed into the other guild that "hey, PvP is happening now, join us if you are free otherwise no worries"

and the same going backwards, like the PvE guild meeting up in a high-level area somewhere and roaming around looking for events or unlocking areas all together - these can get fed back to the PvP guild and those who are available can join

so it's not that one is PvP ONLY or PvE ONLY, it's that one takes the LEAD in organising PvP and the other takes the LEAD in organising PvE

thoughts?

Too much work. Just tell me where to show up.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    that sounds like a good plan to me, viv

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular

We could always coordinate through our awesome teamspeak or these forums if needed. Se++ may have their own leadership structure an what not already in place that may conflict with what we are doing with ours now or down the line.

thoughts?

I like that idea, I thinkk it would work well as people who are more casual/pve oriented wouldn't get flooded with msgs for pvp or wuvwuv if they aren't mainly on for those reasons. Or with the multiple guild function people can just hop back and forth depending on how they want to play that session.

• Options
    also - and I know this isn't just me talking - can we NOT have a timezone-based guild split?

because I hate those

and it could be an idea to have officers in each timezone so that they can lead or initiate stuff across the day

I say this only because stupid Australian timezones are stupid and it means I miss out on half a day of the beta because of work on Monday :C

• Options

We could always coordinate through our awesome teamspeak or these forums if needed. Se++ may have their own leadership structure an what not already in place that may conflict with what we are doing with ours now or down the line.

thoughts?

I like that idea, I thinkk it would work well as people who are more casual/pve oriented wouldn't get flooded with msgs for pvp or wuvwuv if they aren't mainly on for those reasons. Or with the multiple guild function people can just hop back and forth depending on how they want to play that session.

Yes. This exactly. So if you're more in the mood for PvP that day, you pop into the PvP-oriented guild to see if anything is being organised, or if you can find help organising something. If you're in the mood for PvE that day or session, you pop into the PvE-oriented one.

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular

thoughts?

I can see the appeal of it from an "organization" standpoint, but it means fragmenting the community. I can't really see the benefits outweighing that negative. I don't think splitting up by playstyle is really necessary unless we reach guild size limits (seems very unlikely).

We should probably just have one major guild and and people can form WvW, PvP, dungeon, etc groups from there. That would allow people who are interested in multiple things to easily join up with different groups without having to worry about which guild they ought to be active in.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    HewnHewn Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    My only concern with a huge guild from all communities here is an inability to communicate in a reasonable manner in guild chat or on TS. Guess we can't know how that will be until we experience it but I am...apprehensive but willing.

that's what the separate subforum guilds are for

Speaking of, is there interest from anybody at all regarding role-playing? I dabble.

Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • Options
    Hewn wrote: »
    My only concern with a huge guild from all communities here is an inability to communicate in a reasonable manner in guild chat or on TS. Guess we can't know how that will be until we experience it but I am...apprehensive but willing.

that's what the separate subforum guilds are for

Speaking of, is there interest from anybody at all regarding role-playing? I dabble.

Gonna roleplay my sylvari who is addicted to the Dream and is trying to go back to sleep.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Can someone lead me to the latest beta download?

• Options
    @Enig on the contrary, I would think that it serves to JOIN the community rather than fragment it by reinforcing the G&T/SE++ divide

my personal agenda is that I would like to see both groups become one and the same, with just all-round niceties and mutual hangouts

which in my view is actually community BUILDING

I know that is not the same as what other people would like to see

that said, one huge guild, as @REG Rysk mentioned previously, makes communication difficult, and if there's a lot of spamming with people trying to set up PvP groups with people who aren't interested, it encourages people to ignore guild chat

I know there are ways around the communication divide, but who knows

maybe go with one big guild during this BWE and try the playstyle split at the next?

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiv

Hi :D

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Link to listing of where all the large communities are going -

http://openetherpad.org/ep/pad/view/Hcpzc4HD46/latest

I was updating that list at work, but I added PA se++ before we had decided to join them on FA, and when I went to update it with just PA it said only 100 updates allowed total :O

Someone fixed it though.

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Well, beta is all downloaded and ready to go. My god I can't decide what class I want to play.

In GW1 I only ever had a Necro/Warrior, so I'm considering a Necro Sylvari for live. I just started messing around with that build calculator someone posted earlier, very interesting.

My Dranyth namesake character is traditionally a wizard/mage, so an Elementalist would fit just fine. Pretty much all the classes look very interesting, I always like Rogues and the Ranger seems neat. The gameplay TB put up of the Mesmer made them very intriguing as well, and I remember some early PvP footage with an Engineer...

So very torn.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    There won't be so much chatter that it is "spam" (well, apart from BWEs and launch, perhaps). If you have people hopping over to advertise groups and such there will still be a mix of PvP/PvE chatter anyway.

Personally I am interested in PvP and PvE, and I would not like having to hop back and forth to try and find a group to do something with, and only being able to chat to half of the PA'ers at any given time.

I'm not saying we should have a G&T/SE++ divide either.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Can someone lead me to the latest beta download?

http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/Gw2.exe

• Options
    Viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiv

Hi :D

Ryyyyyyyyyssssssssssssssssssssssssk

miss playing with you, can't wait to do so again

• Options
    so why don't we just trial one big huge guild for this BWE and see how we go

there won't be that many of us anyway since it's just a beta, and we'll want to group or join others were possible just to make sure we are all experiencing things to the max, so it makes sense that at least during a BWE we should have as much chatter as possible

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    so why don't we just trial one big huge guild for this BWE and see how we go

there won't be that many of us anyway since it's just a beta, and we'll want to group or join others were possible just to make sure we are all experiencing things to the max, so it makes sense that at least during a BWE we should have as much chatter as possible

I like this idea. It's simple and a good way to test out that solution to start.

488W936.png
  • Options
    SE++ is already going nuts with trying to name the guild

many want an homage to the WoW guild name (Shambler Milk)

I am lobbying very, very hard for something with the word "Yakkington" in it

• Options
    So is the idea for pretty much everyone to be in WANG, and then SE++ and D&D have sort of "sub-groups" for whatever reason?

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular

I'm not not sure if this has been said before but you can join more than one guild, at the same time in GuildWars 2.

This means you can have your smaller Guilds + One larger broadcast WvWvW guild etc for Penny Arcade World PvP.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    I still say one big guild is the way to go. I'm pessimistic, so I think the guild will shrink over time, so it would be better if everyone was centralized in one.

I'm sad you won't be able to play too much this weekend Viv :( Guess it might be a bit longer till we play together again!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I would prefer the "sub-groups" thing just disappear all together and we all get along puppies-and-rainbows-style

but that's me (and a few notable others from SE++ that I know of)

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    So I'm planning on pre-ordering the collector's edition. If I pre-order the physical edition from gamestop will I get into the weekend beta.

If not, where the fuck should I order from to get into the weekend beta? Cause dammit I NEED to play this game. NOW!

WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I still say one big guild is the way to go. I'm pessimistic, so I think the guild will shrink over time, so it would be better if everyone was centralized in one.

I'm sad you won't be able to play too much this weekend Viv :( Guess it might be a bit longer till we play together again!

I will be around as much as humanly possible, but yeah I've got errands to run this weekend that I've put off for a few weeks that I absolutely need to get done this Saturday (your Friday). But my Saturday afternoon and Sunday looks relatively free!

I will just miss out on the last half-day of the BWE (again) thanks to work. Poop.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Wishpig wrote: »
    So I'm planning on pre-ordering the collector's edition. If I pre-order the physical edition from gamestop will I get into the weekend beta.

If not, where the fuck should I order from to get into the weekend beta? Cause dammit I NEED to play this game. NOW!

If you pre-purchase (not pre-order) from Gamestop they should give you a code for BWE participation. Check with them before you buy, but that should be the case.

You can buy the game digitally directly from the GW2 website and that will guarantee BWE access, but you can't get the CE there.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    EB Games Australia being completely uninformed about the difference between pre-ordering and pre-purchasing is pretty much the reason why I just bought the DD version online instead of the CE.

I was on the phone to three different EB Games stores here and it's almost like none of them had a freakin' clue... I'm a customer, I shouldn't be the one telling YOU how this shit works.

Then I found out they were going to be getting the beta codes LATE, and I was all: FUCK THAT.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    I do find it interesting though, that if Aus/Nz players go to Sea or Sorrows, then they might have players pretty much in Wuvwuv at all times. I don't know if that gives them an advantage over, say, our server where most people will be asleep when Aus/Nz peoples are on.

Viv can defend us all during those times.

hahahaha I just saw this post

WvW Dark Horse by Australian day, casual PvE grinder by Australian night

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Chiming in late, but I also don't see any need to split the group up. Personally, I really like a faster moving guild chat though. I've played too many games where it's only a handful of people even using the guild chat :|

Still debating what profession to play first and will do so until the last bitter moment. Definitely going to play some pve as well as wuvwuv.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I'm going to be rolling a Norn Guardian to start

who else will be Norn with me? (there is an idea in SE++ to make identical human Mesmers, which also sounds fun, but I'd rather play Norn this time around)

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    They are not. Just humans, big humans and litter box sitters.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I'll be going norn and mainly waffling between thief, hunter, and engineer. I'll play all the professions eventually, but want to put more time into whatever I pick first.

This discussion has been closed.