As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    tastypastrytastypastry Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?Registered User regular
    Pooka, your hair is so cute! Sheri, so do you want a pixie with longish bangs? I love short hair so much. Ginnifer Goodwin's hairstyle is particularly adorable to me. If only I could pull off something like that! I do have a bee in my bonnet to change up my hair but I am not sure what I want.

• Options
    That's pretty much what I already have, I just want it shorter

And. . . different

I guess it's too hard to explain.

• Options
    tastypastrytastypastry Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?Registered User regular
    ooh, well, your current hair sounds like my dream hair so I am no help!

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    aw yeah

glamourpuss.
    dsc01359az.jpg

shove it all the wrong way...
    dsc01373x.jpg

and shake it back into place!
    dsc01375b.jpg

she also put makeup on me. it was nice!

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    oh gosh your eyes are amazing! SO JELLY

• Options
    also, im planning on picking up a new pair of glasses this summer and would like to take some suggestions! dont worry about color/shape, just post some frames you think are cool if you please!

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    nice haircut! and you're super pretty!

have you checked out warby parker, mensch? I like a lot of their frames! http://www.warbyparker.com/women/optical

• Options
    I was also going to suggest Warby Parker. You can try them on at home, 5 pairs at once and you have a month to decide if you like the ones you picked. Langly and I both got our frames there. Pooka, you are so pretty and I am kind of in awe at how you pull off so many hairstyles and they all look awesome on you.

• Options
    thanks for the link guys, these look really neat

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Pooka you have nice hair.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    god i need a haircut

i got a great haircut right before graduation last june after having god awful hair for a while

and then i got a series of bad to eh i guess haircuts

i need a good haircut so bad

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    my Pink Quartz custom foundation arrived a few days ago and I have been trying it for the past few days

it makes me look a TEENSY bit orange, but not in an unbearable sort of way

I quite like the coverage, though; as long as I wear concealer UNDER the foundation, it actually lends a very nice finish!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    OKAY HERE IS CURRENT HAIR (and glasses, for mensch, cuz I think my glasses are the best ever)
    Neat
    HpTv3.jpg

Messy
    MyHqQ.jpg

This is immediately after my first pixie cut late last year. Not my first ever, but I've had a few cuts since this.

Sheri on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I think it looks cute, someday I'm gonna go that short.

Right now though I am oddly preoccupied with the idea of hair pieces and wigs though.

• Options
    So I want the short to start immediately after the bangs, if that makes sense

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    so like

best_celebrity_haircuts_of_2008_rihanna.jpg ?

• Options
    Maybe. Still too long at the top, still has all the top-of-head hair brushed forward. I want that short. Like I said, I haven't found a photo that matches what I want.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    but I thought you wanted your bangs short?

most bangs look like they are being brushed forward from the top of the head even if they are not, which looks totally deceptive in most photos (in that photo the top of head hair is actually brushed to both sides, it just looks forward in those photos, but I get that you want that short, but it still needs to GO in some direction unless you are getting a buzz cut)

like I think I know what you want, which is your "fringe" line to begin further forward and to include little to no hair from the top and back of your head

which would be cute provided your hairdresser manages the transition of the in-between hair lengths well, between your forward fringe line and the first of the "short" hair

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Okay. @Sheri, I see what you're saying now and my haircut is definitely not what you want. It's kind of similar to what you already have, except my bang area starts farther back and my right side is almost more of a bob than a pixie:

hair_left.jpg

Also, I don't usually spike the short parts because I am lazy. Here's the other side. I'm thinking about getting it all clipped short, because the only reason it even is that long is so I can tuck it behind my ear and get it out of my way:

hair_right.jpg

And a front view:

hair_front.jpg

I would show it from the back but it turns out I can't take a picture of the back of my head to save my life.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Omgosh my roomie asked me for a makeover, it was so much fun!!!

• Options
    Sheri wrote: »
    OKAY HERE IS CURRENT HAIR (and glasses, for mensch, cuz I think my glasses are the best ever)
    Neat
    HpTv3.jpg

Messy
    MyHqQ.jpg

This is immediately after my first pixie cut late last year. Not my first ever, but I've had a few cuts since this.

those glasses are so great, what brand are they!

and uh

nice hair I GUESS (its badass)

• Options
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    but I thought you wanted your bangs short?

most bangs look like they are being brushed forward from the top of the head even if they are not, which looks totally deceptive in most photos (in that photo the top of head hair is actually brushed to both sides, it just looks forward in those photos, but I get that you want that short, but it still needs to GO in some direction unless you are getting a buzz cut)

like I think I know what you want, which is your "fringe" line to begin further forward and to include little to no hair from the top and back of your head

which would be cute provided your hairdresser manages the transition of the in-between hair lengths well, between your forward fringe line and the first of the "short" hair

No I said specifically that I want to keep the bangs long (though they do need a trim right now). So yes, fringe to start closer to front of head.

@MadEddy that def looks like a version of what I'm sporting now, as it has grown out quite a bit. Plus it looks like your hair is way thicker than mine.

@mensch-o-matic seeeyewear.com

• Options
    Like if you look at that second photo, see how flat the top of my head looks? I want all that to be short (like an inch or so) and spike-able

But it still needs to look good un-spiked.

I'll see if the stylist is picking up what I'm laying down. Appointment is Saturday omg I am impatient wanna cut all this hair off again

• Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    I bought some Lemony Flutter from LUSH the other day, it works great on my cuticles but it's unfortunately greasy. Will be a strictly before bed ritual I guess. Also re-bought the Mint Julip lip scrub because it's awesome.

Got a 5 dollar silicone face scrubber thing from Sephora, which so far is ~awesome~, and a tiny travel size Bumble and Bumble Styling Creme to try out.

• Options
    There is a Sephora opening in town in June. I move away in May. I swear they planned it deliberately to taunt me.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    @pooka Looking good there lady! A+ hairs :^:

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    thanks for the compliments! i am so pleased with my new cut. fwip fwip.

and sheri, i really wish i had better pictures, because now i'm almost certain what i had is what you want. and i think it will look fetching on you! unfortunately, a (non-pro) friend cut it for me, so i'm not certain there's a name for that style, but i'll ask her.
    ...I am kind of in awe at how you pull off so many hairstyles...
    cower before my hair versatility, lest it incorporate YOU!

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Should I look into after shave and/or cologne?
    And in what cases is cologne use appropriate?

• Options
    cologne can be used anytime, anywhere if you feel like smelling good

• Options
    I would add the caveat that it should always be used sparingly. People shouldn't be able to smell you unless they're very close to you.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    calzone, however, is reserved for private moments

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Alright, so what kind/brand of cologne should I look for?

• Options
    MadEddy wrote: »
    I would add the caveat that it should always be used sparingly. People shouldn't be able to smell you unless they're very close to you.

yes. this.

• Options
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Alright, so what kind/brand of cologne should I look for?

That really depends on what kind of smells you like, and what works with your skin chemistry. Sometimes something that smells amazing in the bottle can be underwhelming or even unpleasant on the skin.

Do you have a big department store anywhere near you? They usually have fragrance testers. That way you can narrow down what you like.

I mean, I assume they have testers for the cologne just like they do for the perfume. I've never bought cologne so I'm not 100% sure about that.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I am envious of all of you ladies totally rocking those short hairstyles!

Pooka, lady, you have amaaaaaazing bone structure, I am not surprised you can carry off so many different hairstyles!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    fun fact: cologne and perfume are not exclusive to men and women respectively

perfume is a layered scent, where there are multiple (usually) scents layered on one another, with each one fading at a different pace than the others... it's usually super strong and concentrated and is meant to be dabbed onto the skin

cologne is a single scent that comes in mist form, where instead of having notes that fade one at a time, the whole scent is created in a single go and the whole lot fades at the same time... it's more "diluted" than perfume and the best way to apply cologne is to spray the air in front of you and walk through it

in no situation should be you be "spraying" cologne into your wrists and neck like I see lots of people doing - this is SILLY! if it's a spray, it is meant to be go all over your body, hence the misting-and-stepping-through-it technique

a true perfume will come with a vial, dropper, or some other concentrated dispenser (sometimes a really tiny spritzer)

most women who say they wear perfume are actually wearing cologne or just a body spray

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    what i heard was the best way to use scents is to dab it on the back of your knees so that the heat would steadily release its fragrance to where you could smell it while still keeping it low key

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Yep, following up on what Viv posted, the percent fragrance oil to alcohol or other dilutant for various combinations:

Eau fraiche: 3% or less perfume oil.
    Eau de cologne: 2 - 5% perfume oil.
    Eau de toilette: 4 - 10% perfume oil.
    Eau de parfum: 8 - 15% perfume oil.
    Perfume: 15 - 25% perfume oil.
    Perfume oil: 15 - 80% perfume oil

Which is why the cost scales up as you go from cologne through eau de toilette to parfum, you're getting more smell per spritz.

• Options
    Janson wrote: »
    I am envious of all of you ladies totally rocking those short hairstyles!

Pooka, lady, you have amaaaaaazing bone structure, I am not surprised you can carry off so many different hairstyles!

Agreed. Short hair is so pretty and cool. Sheri and Mad, you both look wonderful with it. I am so tempted to go for it but then I remember my hair is crazy and huge and does not do cute things like frame my face nicely or be casually rumpled -it requires some weight to keep it from spazzing. And I worry my face is a boy face so the whole thing seems a disaster on all accounts. Oh well! I can admire it on others!

This discussion has been closed.