Options

Que veux-tu, [chat]? Happy May Day!

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I got my CCNA text book in

holy fuck

man no wonder I never wanted to take this cert

those sure are a lot of words

and boy this looks like a lot of work

maybe I should just be happy for the years of work I got and go work at geek squad when my job ends

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Self improvement is just too hard

why can't I just download this book into my head

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Best part of ADD is when you procrastinate having fun.

Ugh.

wait, that's an ADD symptom?

i spent all day procrastinating playing a video game...

i'm getting freaked out, man. Freaked out!

I'm pretty sure you need to have a lot of the symptoms to even consider it.

95% of the time I can't focus hard enough to play a videogame. Unless you're like that I wouldn't worry.

This depends. For instance, my mom and sister have ADD and there's no way they could focus hard enough to play a video game for very long. However, it's actually documented that people with ADD often turn to playing video games for hours and hours, and I certainly do this.

Basically, people with ADD get mentally exhausted very easily, and like to revert to doing whatever will give them the most stimulation while allowing them to rely on procedural ability.

Yep. I used to be obsessed with videogames and played them up to 16 hours a day when I was a kid, but as I grew up I just started to get very exhausted from them. Still like them, just can't focus on them.

My default activity these days is just reading [chat]. Everything else is pretty tiring to me even though I enjoy it.

Yes, chat is so goddamn addictive.

I think I've been chatting since I woke up today.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out an incantation to summon Pony.

MMA SUCKS, STEAMPUNK RULES, BROS ARE STUPID, PONY IS A MALL NINJA

lets see if it works

man why do you want chat to be all super-judgemental and angry? just PM the guy and leave us in peace.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options

lets see if it works

why do you want to summon Pony

the best way for me to summon him is start talking about something that would be embarrassing to see, then he shows up like clockwork

Because I want him to show up. Be like what the fuck do you want? And then I'll be all like

soo

..WACHA DOIN?

you want to make out with him don't you be honest

Try again.

I want to make out with Choco. Figured I better ask his fiance.

• Options

lets see if it works

man why do you want chat to be all super-judgemental and angry? just PM the guy and leave us in peace.

oh rie you are a scoundrel 8->

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

lets see if it works

oh rie you are a scoundrel 8->

indeed. but in this case I'm serious. We really don't need another X pages of angry, frothing rants bashing on fairly innocuous shit like steampunk or renaisance fairs or whatever.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    i found life really boring and couldn't go on

so my doctor cooked me up some mescaline

now life is wonderful!

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

lets see if it works

why do you want to summon Pony

the best way for me to summon him is start talking about something that would be embarrassing to see, then he shows up like clockwork

Because I want him to show up. Be like what the fuck do you want? And then I'll be all like

soo

..WACHA DOIN?

you want to make out with him don't you be honest

Try again.

I want to make out with Choco. Figured I better ask his fiance.

Choco's lips are so soft but he's trying to grow a beard right now so good luck with that

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Oooh oooh analyze me next Winky!

Honestly?

I'm not sure, but I've thought to myself before that you might have ADD because you have a very similar waxing/waning pattern to me in which you will get very deeply interested in a hobby or subject for a relatively short period of time and then move onto another one. For instance, you tend to gain a lot of advanced knowledge very quickly about competitive games, but you never stick with them long enough to develop into a competitive player.

And if it seems like I am very quick to diagnose people with ADD; well (1) I am and you shouldn't trust me because I only have a bachelors and (2) I would predict that there is a much higher incidence of ADD and ADHD than normal among people who play video games, as well as among people who post on forums.

Who is next?

<--

Chu, I don't know what your psychiatrist told you but I am, like 99.9% positive you have adult ADHD.

You were apparently violent and impulsive when you were a child but you have since calmed down in adulthood. If you weren't bumping up the numbers a lil' bit when you told me then you are rather promiscuous (and if you were then you were lying which is an ADHD thing too). You talk a lot and are fairly charismatic when you do, and you seem to spontaneously talk to strangers without any fear.

These are all commonly qualities of someone with ADHD.

There are all common qualities of a human being as well.

Well no fuck, it's a question of degree. Most people were violent and impulsive as children, most people like to screw, most people lie, most people like to talk, and most people like to meet new people. However, if you were exceptionally violent and impulsive as a child, you screw a much larger than average number of people, you lie impulsively, you talk a more than most people, and you have a significantly lower fear of strangers than average, these are good grounds for helping to determine a diagnosis.

These are also common evaluative questions for antisocial personality disorder. Almost to a T.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I am up to eight pills a day now

I am 21, grey hairs, lines under my eyes, eight pills a day, cunt mohawk, also i have a weird vagina

why is choco with me

why why why why why why why why why

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular

I am 21, grey hairs, lines under my eyes, eight pills a day, cunt mohawk, also i have a weird vagina

why is choco with me

It must be your confidence and strong self-esteem.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    I was both lacking in energy and extremely anxious. I asked my doctor what I should do.

He whipped of his belt and said

FUCKING SPEEDBALLS BITCH LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    I want Podly's imaginary doctor.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I guess what I'm trying to say is if you look for something you're going to find it, and you'll overlook a million other things in that person's life that may be causing it. You're fetishizing the disease, doctor!!!

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Holy crap.

I assume all of your doctors are aware of all the medication, so the pills are not having a fight in your liver, or counteracting one another?

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    I was both lacking in energy and extremely anxious. I asked my doctor what I should do.

He whipped of his belt and said

FUCKING SPEEDBALLS BITCH LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2255983-speedball90s.jpg

• Options

why is choco with me

he's a gnomopuellaephile

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Remember when I said I was procrastinating fun?

Still am.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    _J_ wrote: »

Holy crap.

I assume all of your doctors are aware of all the medication, so the pills are not having a fight in your liver, or counteracting one another?

yes these are all my daily brain pills

also some of them are multiple doses of the same medication i'm only on four or five of those

i'm also not counting occasional pills like my migraine medication and ativan

• Options
    I guess what I'm trying to say is if you look for something you're going to find it, and you'll overlook a million other things in that person's life that may be causing it. You're fetishizing the disease, doctor!!!

Seriously.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    I picked up some poison oak while I was visiting my parents over the weekend.

I'm kind of tempted to go to the doctor and get him to prescribe me some prednisone just to make it go away.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Self improvement is just too hard

why can't I just download this book into my head

"I know CCNA."
    "Show me."

<martial arts ensue>

• Options

Holy crap.

also some of them are multiple doses of the same medication i'm only on four or five of those

You take 8 brain pills a day?

Damn, dude.

• Options
    Is meth ruining your teeth? Are you fucking retarded?

Stop that shit! Just get ADD medication, dummy!

We now return to Breaking Bad, brought to you by pfizer.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Thanatos wrote: »

I'm kind of tempted to go to the doctor and get him to prescribe me some prednisone just to make it go away.

i can only assume that the poison oak is on your penis.

Do you really want a doctor to look at your penis?

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    The latest PA comic strip is the greatest PA comic strip.

• Options

Holy crap.

You take 8 brain pills a day?

Damn, dude.

I DON'T FUCK AROUND WITH BIPOLAR

YOU STEP TO ME, I BRING THE BRAIN CRAZIES SON, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    I need that VG Cats hearts! image. Need.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Oooh oooh analyze me next Winky!

Honestly?

I'm not sure, but I've thought to myself before that you might have ADD because you have a very similar waxing/waning pattern to me in which you will get very deeply interested in a hobby or subject for a relatively short period of time and then move onto another one. For instance, you tend to gain a lot of advanced knowledge very quickly about competitive games, but you never stick with them long enough to develop into a competitive player.

And if it seems like I am very quick to diagnose people with ADD; well (1) I am and you shouldn't trust me because I only have a bachelors and (2) I would predict that there is a much higher incidence of ADD and ADHD than normal among people who play video games, as well as among people who post on forums.

Who is next?

<--

Chu, I don't know what your psychiatrist told you but I am, like 99.9% positive you have adult ADHD.

You were apparently violent and impulsive when you were a child but you have since calmed down in adulthood. If you weren't bumping up the numbers a lil' bit when you told me then you are rather promiscuous (and if you were then you were lying which is an ADHD thing too). You talk a lot and are fairly charismatic when you do, and you seem to spontaneously talk to strangers without any fear.

These are all commonly qualities of someone with ADHD.

There are all common qualities of a human being as well.

Well no fuck, it's a question of degree. Most people were violent and impulsive as children, most people like to screw, most people lie, most people like to talk, and most people like to meet new people. However, if you were exceptionally violent and impulsive as a child, you screw a much larger than average number of people, you lie impulsively, you talk a more than most people, and you have a significantly lower fear of strangers than average, these are good grounds for helping to determine a diagnosis.

These are also common evaluative questions for antisocial personality disorder. Almost to a T.

Indeed they are! I personally believe that ADHD and antisocial personality disorder are incredibly related. Every person I've personally known with ADHD has had someone with either explicit or subtle antisocial personality disorder.

• Options

I usually pick it up playing frisbee golf.

I don't want to know how you play frisbee golf that you'd immediately jump there, _J_. It doesn't sound like it's regulation, though.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus

I would.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

I usually pick it up playing frisbee golf.

I don't want to know how you play frisbee golf that you'd immediately jump there, _J_. It doesn't sound like it's regulation, though.

I can only play at night.

• Options
    My pet chicken is sitting in my lap. I am patting his rump in rhythm like bongos.

• Options
    Elki wrote: »

I would.
    Yes, but you are a wuss. You can't even handle hippie laundry detergent, let alone poison oak. :bz

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    My pet chicken is sitting in my lap. I am patting his rump in rhythm like bongos.

Your pet what, now?

• Options

Your pet what, now?
    Chicken2.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2012
    You are a weird dude, emnmnme. Though, I guess pet chickens are super-popular in Seattle these days.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    hey @Mim

I am in Allentown

wanna do something?

don't do it, mim

1) allentown sucks

2) i'm pretty sure this guy jerks off with a curling iron

This discussion has been closed.