As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A [chat] Unlike Any Other

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Also this music is pretty cool.

if i am tired of the endless grinding monotony of managing my planets to do completely undramatic and boring things in other, far-too-protracted 4X games, what will i think of this one

because it sure looks slick!

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Apparently you can terraform colonized planets into new types that are inhospitable to what's living there :D

About the only big annoyance about Master of Orion 2 is that you can only use the planet-destroying-laser on inhabited planets.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    My brother's night out with his girlfriend fizzled. At their drinking den a random woman came up and kissed her - the girlfriend, not my brother - on the cheek. This would be odd enough to unbalance the evening's atmosphere, but the girlfriend is riddled with allergies and soon her cheek started burning painfully. D:

It's subsided somewhat, and we're now calling it the kiss of death.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Sarks, is it turn based? It is turn based right?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

if i am tired of the endless grinding monotony of managing my planets to do completely undramatic and boring things in other, far-too-protracted 4X games, what will i think of this one

I dunno. It seems to give you a good amount of choice without being too micromanagey. It is definitely not like GalCiv2 which is apparently spreadsheets in space. I will know more later but so far I am enjoying myself just looking at all the menus and reading the tutorial.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    By "partner" I don't mean like a partner in the firm.

I mean another company we do b2b stuff with.

They really really really want to develop a mobile app for us and I really really really think it's a waste of money.

That's what I assumed. That's whose demanding apps from us, our partners.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    @Pony, my brother didn't get his for a while after I got mine. Maybe when you go back it'll be there.

i just checked

it's not fucking there

on the upside, i played a bunch of Silver games earlier today before going out and i unlocked both Batarians and the Krogan Sentinel via two premium Spectre packs

so i now have all the classes, including the new ones

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    As a not coder,

it seems like it should be simple on these victory packs to create something that disallows from getting duplicate weapons seeing as they're pointless

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Sarks, is it turn based? It is turn based right?

Yup. Simultaneous turn-based, like Civ V I believe.

You don't directly control combat, as well. There are three phases (I think it's long range, short range and melee?) and you make strategic decisions with cards.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    3p4lw7.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    As a not coder,

it seems like it should be simple on these victory packs to create something that disallows from getting duplicate weapons seeing as they're pointless

There's several levels of each weapon, so if you get a dupe it becomes more powerful.

• Options
    Eventually multiplayer will be added and that makes me really excited.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    As a not coder,

There's several levels of each weapon, so if you get a dupe it becomes more powerful.

I dunno if they stop dropping at level 10 though.

They should.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options

I dunno. It seems to give you a good amount of choice without being too micromanagey. It is definitely not like GalCiv2 which is apparently spreadsheets in space. I will know more later but so far I am enjoying myself just looking at all the menus and reading the tutorial.

yeah i regret buying GalCiv2. It's just completely fucking boring for the vast majority of the game. Let me know what you think of Endless Space when you play it.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Reading some of the critical press on The Avengers is making my eyes roll. I get that summer tentpole blockbusters aren't to everyone's taste, especially not someone who has to sit through dozens of shitty ones, but I think a critic who has lost the ability to differentiate between a worthwhile genre exercise and a bad one is probably in the wrong business. Especially grating are the ones that trot out their little Naomi Klein words like "commodity" - as if the people investing in a Michael Fassbinder penis movie don't expect a return on their money.

• Options
    As a not coder,

no they're not

when you get a weapon you already have, it upgrades it

for example, my fiancee has a Valiant III, which is better than the previous two in every way

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Haha, this tundra planet next door has an anomaly called psychoactive air.

It means everyone is fucking high at all times.

The game is said to have a certain sense of humor.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Pony wrote: »
    As a not coder,

no they're not

for example, my fiancee has a Valiant III, which is better than the previous two in every way

every way?

including number of shots before you have to reload?

valiant I gives you three shots per clip.

• Options
    As a not coder,

I dunno if they stop dropping at level 10 though.

They should.

they do

when a weapon reaches level X, or a mod reaches level V, they stop popping up in your packs

however, fucking class customizations still keep coming up even if you have all the customizations for that class and they're max level, rendering that card completely worthless

so that's annoying

• Options
    the problem with packs in ME3 is getting CLASSES you already have (maxed)

although i think getting one when you already have it, but you don't have it maxed, gives you XP or something?

• Options
    And it has an impact on gameplay too. It increases approval but it decreases scientific output

because everyone is high.

• Options
    the problem with packs in ME3 is getting CLASSES you already have (maxed)

although i think getting one when you already have it, but you don't have it maxed, gives you XP or something?

XP and appearance options

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular

yeah i regret buying GalCiv2. It's just completely fucking boring for the vast majority of the game. Let me know what you think of Endless Space when you play it.

Did you like Sins of a Solar Empire? Endless Space is more to that end of the micromanagey scale, but turn based rather than real time.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Job. Hunting. Is. Laaaaaaaaame.

• Options
    As a not coder,

no they're not

every way?

oh, no, mag size doesn't increase

pretty sure spare shot does, though

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    so if i promote a dude in multiplayer

what happens?

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Incenjucar wrote: »

you have to coat yourself in job pee so it thinks you're one of them

• Options
    they do

when a weapon reaches level X, or a mod reaches level V, they stop popping up in your packs

That's good.

however, fucking class customizations still keep coming up even if you have all the customizations for that class and they're max level, rendering that card completely worthless

so that's annoying

Yeah, that's balls.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i need to get out of this goddamn house my dad and my brother are having a screaming match about his cats

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    so tired, oh god

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »

what happens?

it does some bullshit with single player but who gives a fuck about that

• Options
    edited May 2012

what happens?

you get +75 to your war assets in single player, that class goes back down to level 1, and your N7 rating (sum of all total levels and e-peen) goes up by 10.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »

you have to coat yourself in job pee so it thinks you're one of them

I was doing that all weekend but it's not working!

• Options
    edited May 2012

what happens?

10 points added to your multiplayer e-peen (N7) score

75 points added to your singleplayer War Assets score

all characters in that class are reset to level 1

you keep all costume options and gear that was on that character

Feral on

• Options
    i need to get out of this goddamn house my dad and my brother are having a screaming match about his cats

Two stupid males fighting over pussy
    the_lion_king_cartoon-5070.jpg

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    As a not coder,

no they're not

every way?

Not number of shots before you have to reload but it does increase total ammo capacity.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    if i were a dude i would fuck a lady until i ejaculated and then take my semen on my thumb and slowly smear it on her forehead while whispering simbaaaa

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Mim watch Avatar so I can bother you about it.

I need you to do this

Nah, after I finish Twin Peaks, I'm starting in on a re-watch of NANA.

Maybe over the summer.

This discussion has been closed.