As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Mini] Series: [Phalla] Hunters - Village and Various Victory!

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    reserve since I just ate it in the main :/

Curse you Bedlammmm!!!!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Curse yourself!

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Quick question for those who know more about the potential settings of this forum:

Does everyone have the same "posts per page" amount?

Well, yours is post 85 & the 3rd on pg 3 for me.
    Can it be different for different people?

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    stever777 wrote: »
    Quick question for those who know more about the potential settings of this forum:

Does everyone have the same "posts per page" amount?

Well, yours is post 85 & the 3rd on pg 3 for me.
    Can it be different for different people?

On the old forums it could be. I don't think that setting exists on Vanilla, but just making sure.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    So there's a mechanic based on posts on a page, you're saying.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure everyone is always 40/page

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I know you could change it on the old forums, I don't know about here

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    So there's a mechanic based on posts on a page, you're saying.

A mechanic?

pfft

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Apparently if we don't post at least once a page, we will die. It's like that movie about the bus that couldn't slow down...

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Musical chairs but with post pages, if your post doesn't find a place on the page? You're out.

• Options
    Oh you guys and your speculations.

I can't wait to see how this game plays out. Seriously.

I will warn you that these are some highly experimental mechanics but they should be pretty fun.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    BLEH IGNORE...posted in the wrong phalla thread

sorry, sorry

Egos on
  • Options
    DAY 0 - A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

It was just a normal day in Aldera, the capital city of Alderaan. Until the shadow came. The distinctive triangular shadow of a Star Destroyer slowly and ominously crept over the bustling city. Speederlanes came to a standstill as drivers stared at the behemoth starship above them. People filed out of the buildings, eyes to the sky.

Then the firing started.

The city was engulfed in an unnatural green light as turbolasers rained down all around the city. The city was in complete panic as people ran for safety and speeders flew off in every direction. Destruction continued to rain down from the Sith Empire capitol ship for what felt like an eternity.

Then the firing stopped. Unimaginably, the worst was yet to come.

Every holoscreen in the city simultaneously showed the same image. It was a face that everyone in the galaxy knew. Lord Amphibious, one of the most dreaded Sith in the Galaxy stared at all the inhabitants of Aldera at once and spoke.

"Fellow members of the Sith Empire, I regret to inform you that your city has been infested with the terrorists known as... Jedi", the last word snapped with derision, "This can not be allowed to stand, but we can and will be merciful if you cooperate. Non-cooperation will be met with... pain" and a faint smile came to the mouth of the Sith Lord.

Lord Bobby "The Brain" Heenan's image then came on the screen and continued, "All you have to do, as citizens of the Empire, is be vigilant. Watch and listen for any Jedi and then at the end of the day submit yourself to the Voluntary Interrogation Machines, VIM for short, so we can extract your experiences. Do not worry, we will pay you for your time and... experience in the machine. Additionally, you are to turn over one of your citizens a day for questioning, it is in your best interest that this citizen be a Jedi. We have deployed our apprentices in your mist to help the process of finding the Jedi as well as contracting some hunters. We have helped you, now it is your duty to help us.

Lord Amphibious came back on the screen, "Our initial bombardment only hit the areas surrounding your city and caused only minor casualties, barely a million, and have created a line that none shall cross. If anyone attempts to cross this line, we will end your life. Attempt to reach space and we will end your life. If you are unable to provide us with all of the Jedi in seven days, we will end all of your lives." the faint smile returned.

And with that the holovid cut off and Aldera was quiet, still blanketed by the shadow of the Star Destroyer.

PMs for Roles are being sent out now. PLEASE DO NOT POST AT ALL until I post that they are all out.

After all PMs are out, please begin voting and getting in your actions. Voting and action submittal closes Friday at 10pm MST/PDT

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Reserving up in the name of the dark lords.

e:
    PLEASE DO NOT POST AT ALL until I post that they are all out.

Whoops.

Kaplar on
  • Options
    Man everyone sure is talkative

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    ALL PMs are out

EVERYONE NEEDS TO PM ME THEIR CHARACTER NAME. Be aware it will be used in narrations and other things.

PLEASE DO NOT POST UNTIL I SAY THE DAY HAS STARTED!

I am going to get some food, get those names in.

• Options
    Also, please don't communicate with anyone else about the game until the day has officially started

• Options
    edited July 2012
    DAY 0.5 - A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

Throughout the night, the sounds of turbolasers were heard as people try to escape the blockade and are instead shot down. Very few beings slept while the sounds of VIMs being dropped into the centers of city streets echoed throughout the city.

When morning breaks, the Star Destroyer still casts its shadow on the uneasy city. Again the entire city's holoscreens light up simultaneously and again Lord Amphibious is seen by every citizen in the Empire.

"Get to work, fellow citizens of the Empire. Our apprentices and hunters will report to me about your success or failure. If on any given night, none of them report in, I will not hesitate in shortening your previously stated time limit and incinerating every last one of you in turbolaser fire."

The holoscreens all went dark and the citizens of Aldera knew what they needed to do.

Day 1 has officially started.

The following have been added to the OP:

The Bounty Board
    Bounties Issues by the Sith Empire and its Allies

Terrorism and Treason against the Empire - 5 million credits each
    Keer Morningstar - unclaimed
    Marasha Xiloscient - unclaimed
    Jon Snow - unclaimed

Aiding and abetting Terrorists and Traitors - 3 million credits each
    Badguy - unclaimed
    June Slicer(Alias) - unclaimed

Unlawful possession of spice and illegal weaponry, blockade running, and 40+ other Class 1 offenses - 2 million credits each
    Rad - unclaimed
    Sodium Aluminum Phosphate - unclaimed

Sample Villager/Citizen PM
    You are a Citizen of the Empire. Whether an Alderaanian Noble or a simple hyperdrive mechanic or an immigrant from another planet, your family and loved ones live in this city and you must protect them. If you can survive the 7 days, you will surely be rewarded by the Sith Empire and be put in a position of power. There is also the potential of someone seedy helping you and your family escape the city, but who knows what future that will bring. You can use your powers a total of 5 times per day. This means you can use one power 5 times and the other none, the other power 5 times and the other none, or any combination in between.

Before vote close, you must PM me a monetary value (0-500 credits) that will be assigned to your VIM scan results. If your scan results are bought, you will be given that amount of money. The more vigilant you are with watching and listening, the better chance you have of your VIM results producing good information for the Empire.

Power instructions: The following powers are used within the thread. To activate a power, use the keyword anywhere in the post. Keywords may be part of a larger word, but cannot span multiple words.
    Watch – Keyword: “See”, Targeting: None. Effect: Watch for abnormal Jedi behavior around your post. Doing this contributes to your VIM results.
    Listen – Keyword: “Hear”, Targeting: None. Effect: Listen for abnormal Jedi behavior on this page. Doing this contributes to your VIM results.

Wincons – Root out all the Jedi in the village OR Buy passage out of the town

ObiFett on
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    OK, so two things,

1. If we're getting like, millions of credits for these bounties, how are our pitiful allowances of 0-500 credits going to mean anything?

2. We should be able to get a read somewhat by analyzing who would pick what names. Jon Snow and Sodium Aluminum Phosphate stand out to me as being particularly good to do this with.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Sodium aluminium phosphate (SALP) is a chemical used in food processing. It is synthetically produced from aluminium, phosphoric acid and sodium hydroxide. As a food additive is has the E number E541.

SALP has two forms: an acid form used in baking powder, and an alkaline form used as an emulsifier in processed cheese. It is used in baking powder because most of its action takes place at baking temperatures, rather than when the dough or batter is mixed at room temperature.[1][2]

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Oh man. I'll have to catch up on this later....

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    I mean, Kime seems like a lock to have picked "Badguy" as his name.

Or maybe I just REALLY want to day 1 him :) I've been told you're not a real phalla player until you have.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    I see what you're talking about MrT. I'll keep a watch out for anyone acting suspicious.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Oh, hells yeah, day 1 started?

On it.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    KIME, do you mind if I try something out? I'm sure this isn't some sort of trap, but I really am curious to see how quickly you get results back.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    TRV all code wording it up. I hear that's the thing to do

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    I look forward to tracking down the jedi this game, kime please promise not to murder me? Remember I voted you in for captain.

• Options
    Potential allowances. We don't know if they're going to be automatically bought or bidded on by some opaque mechanism

• Options
    Just WAIT til the RP posts start coming in. Then no one will know what keywords are what.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    What is this VIM scanning?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Just WAIT til the RP posts start coming in. Then no one will know what keywords are what.

No... it's "see" or "hear" in any post. Quite simple

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »

I see what you did there.

• Options

For the vanillagers. Who knows what it is for the mafia/specials. I'm sure SABER AMPHIBIOUS has a few tricks up his sleeve.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular

I hear that brother.

• Options
    The bigger question is how is obi going to keep track of it all?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    LADIES AND GENTLEMEN It's THURSDAY July 5th 2012, happy fourth of July the DAY[9] DAILY IS BACK. OOOOOOOOO! I feel great, I was on a vacation, do I have circles under my eyes?

Well I do.

But you know what, it's because I had to set my alarm early this fine Thursday to show up again. I haven't done anything for a while. I've done nothing. Normally when people go on vacations they do something crazy, they go to Alderaan or Yavin...and other planetary locations...but the thing is I'm on spaceships so often I thought, I'll have a staycation. In the year 2011 I think I was on 215 flights. I was out of town 30 weekends out of the 52. So instead of flying out I STAYED HERE

And got addicted to Magic the Gathering DOTP

Seriously I'm hooked on Magic. It's like a very slow form of competitive gambling. It's- OHHHH THE BIRDS ARE SINGING OUTSIDE, listen to that! It is truly the return of the Day[9] Daily, where we teach you to be a better phallaer.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Only one order per post. Multiple orders in a single post will void both orders

ObiFett on
  • Options
    I'm sure that's why he wanted to limit how many people were in the game. Having to dig through all of our posts (along with overlaps) makes things very difficult.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »

I hear that brother.

Who shall we seek to murder tonight, then?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Anialos wrote: »

I hear that brother.

Who shall we seek to murder tonight, then?

I hear that Bedlam may have done something.
    Will we see votes for him I wonder?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀