As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Voyage of the 3rd [Phalla] - Game Called - Mafia Victory impossible at the present time.

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Yes. It's useful if people reply to it directly.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    warban wrote: »
    We don't need to know If @warban died by cannon fire guys.

So if you quote a post with @warban it notifies @warban?

@warban

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

So if you quote a post with @warban it notifies @warban?

@warban

it does? @warban?

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I wonder if @warban will hear this. And I wonder what pokemon he is.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    In space, @warban can hear you scream when you alert him to it!

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    I will not stoop to such le

@warban

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    @julius

why didn't we see any zombies?

we decided to put the infections on the ships we weren't on to throw you guys off. it actually worked, but part of the plan was then also eating you guys ourselves.

we did get another two infections to place for our next move, and I was gonna put one in our ship. But sadly the game was already over. plus we could choose to either go for passing as human more or becoming a zombie-monster.

it was going to be great but we didn't even get to see whether our powers were going to be awesome. our first convert was a fucking mafia and then I didn't find people to eat and then the game ended.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Right, we were very clear Shabooty wasn't to be trusted, i was just sure he wasn't Fed.

• Options
    I thought he was the bodyguard for a while. Until Mill had no idea who he was.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    All the village had to do to win the game was... do nothing. O_o

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I TOLD YOU SHABOOTY WAS NOT VILLAGE. HRRRRRK
    No one thought he was.

So whyyyy couldn't we throw him in the brig?
    Fire burns zombies and feds just the same

• Options
    edited July 2012
    We had just gotten a captain.

Also, what is a play by post? Each person posts actions and the game is updated that way? I don't even know.

Retaba on
  • Options
    Retaba wrote: »
    All the village had to do to win the game was... do nothing. O_o

PEACE DAY all over..or whatever that crap was called.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I'm liking the idea of making each ship it's own faction vying for control of the artifact. That probably would have upped the kill count and made it easier for a pair of zombies and small group of six mafia to operate.

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    M.D. wrote: »
    The Dagon wrote: »
    Yeah, this was a pretty great game. Every night had me virtually on the edge of my seat waiting for the narration. Can't think of any other phalla that drew me in so much since Gehenna. @Gumpy phalla is great!

Imagine if each ship was a separate faction, all vying for control of the artifact, with mafia hidden amongst each ship sowing dissent. And then, ZOMBIES.

then i could see a 6 person mafia working out because everyone playing the peaceful lets sing by the camp fire type this game had was not working out

yeah six persons without a kill could possibly work but there was only one village faction. there could also be more zombies.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    @saberovereasy just read your note in the fed boards. You played it pretty well, I mostly was defending you cause I reallly wanted to fire that cannon.

I'm pretty impressed that my day 2 suspicion list of two was entirely correct.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Right - I've run through a lot of options, and I'm going to have to call the game I think.

The village has been far, far more conservative then I ever expected, the kill count isn't going up any time soon, and there are only 2 Bad Guys who are not the focus of regular attention. That, on top with a lot of other things (Good god the new PM system) has made the 4 or so hours I have to put in to get a narration out impossible.

The village has won for all extent and purposes, because after 5 years of Phalla we've learned not to kill each other. Peace reigns in Critical Failures.

I've got a couple of people saying they'll help rebuild and rewrite this to make it leaner, and actually playable (From the hosting end) and it may resurface in the future. Lot of neat stuff still left to do with it, just requires too much (and produces too many mistakes which really, really suck when you find them during work the next day) to make this work.

So, ask away I guess
    Gumpy, I will turn this entire thing into a web game if Infy and MrB don't beat me to it. This idea is way too goddamn awesome to die.

Leave it to them. Spend your time developing CK2 map/interface! I think most of what it should do we figured out in that first night.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Well not exactly. We needed to keep the WoB from blowing up. The zombies and the federation should of started on the same side.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    I decided not to kill you at the last second.

Amusingly, I also decided not to kill M.D. earlier in the day. Easily the most suspicious guy on the Fury.

I am so sad this game is over.

it was engineering going dark wasnt it?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Also: BEEEEEDLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAM

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    what was the standard win condition?

• Options
    Mill wrote: »
    I'm liking the idea of making each ship it's own faction vying for control of the artifact. That probably would have upped the kill count and made it easier for a pair of zombies and small group of six mafia to operate.

Just make it Dead Space. And introduce evil space Scientologists on-board each vessel who want to get ahold of the "artifact" and the artifact has a chance of causing everyone to go insane. And people can become zombies also.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Victory Condition: Ensure the Third Fleet survives to carry out its mission.

Egos on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I just want to say

Im really sorry

More people didnt die.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    So, for my next main (either Deadlands or Vampire), I was kicking over everyone having attack powers, but I'm kinda rethinking that given how this game turned out.

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    @saberovereasy just read your note in the fed boards. You played it pretty well, I mostly was defending you cause I reallly wanted to fire that cannon.

I'm pretty impressed that my day 2 suspicion list of two was entirely correct.

Yeah, between that and you being able to turn the power back while being located RIGHT next to engineering, if I could've killed you day 2 I would have.

• Options
    I'm not certain. But my theory towards the end was the villages win condition was that it was neutral to Lady Special and the Federation and just wanted to survive. The whole officer thing of being able to change peoples objective to protect the artifact seems to suggest it wasn't our objective to begin with. I assumed but was wrong that Federation could convert people as well.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    I just want to say

Im really sorry

More people didnt die.

@bedlam was there some mechanic in place driving your actions, or did you just wanna blow some shit up?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So what the hell was up with bedlam? was there an actual space madness spreading?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    So, for my next main (either Deadlands or Vampire), I was kicking over everyone having attack powers, but I'm kinda rethinking that given how this game turned out.

I think the thing that sort of stopped this game in its tracks was that there wasn't a clear reason to attack most people. The lack of a mafia kill especially meant that we had nothing to theorize with.

Imagine that the mafia can kill two people on any ship in any room. Now maybe that's overpowered. But suddenly the village is worried that the people in that room attacked the people who died. No one trusts each other anymore.

In this game, because the mafia were so incognito...up until having a bunch of bombs...no one was all that wary of one another.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I just want to say

Im really sorry

More people didnt die.

Somebody needs a nap!

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Man, this being only my second game back I clearly wasn't ready to be mafia if I had so many people on to me so quickly.

Although the last two times I was mafia my faction won, and those were both weird games. >_>

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I think I'll let Bedlam's actions slide for the most part because that was pretty damn amusing.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Also, we need another game sign up. I want to play more. D:

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Well not exactly. We needed to keep the WoB from blowing up. The zombies and the federation should of started on the same side.

And yet you kept insisting on shooting the ship whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Also, we need another game sign up. I want to play more. D:

FEED THE ADDICTION.
    Back in my quarters
    With some sham-paggn
    :winky:

• Options

yea i dont even see how this has anything to do with wanting feds dead? Seeing as our win con had nothing to do with destroying the fleet and only lady belmont and her cargo

so all you fed hunters go die in the dark and fires :p

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    I just want to say

Im really sorry

More people didnt die.

Somebody needs a nap!

I'll get the warm milk.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options

yea i dont even see how this has anything to do with wanting feds dead? Seeing as our win con had nothing to do with destroying the fleet and only lady belmont and her cargo

so all you fed hunters go die in the dark and fires :p

What do you think the missions was? :P

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    im just confusing everything this game possibly because i am upset that i felt so powerless when i should be going mwhahahaha when i secretly kill people