As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

(500) Days of Spidey

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Harrumph

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    jV9XZ.jpg

bkATb.jpg

Nvnqw.jpg

Uk840.jpg

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    damn_spiderman.jpg

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I thought Reed was stretchy enough to catch a bullet?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    marvel-item-47.jpeg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SpazMuffinSpazMuffin Hey Cut it outRegistered User regular
    I was just thinking about a part of Spider-Man 1 that always confused me a bit. When the Goblin blasts into JJJ's office and demands to know who's been giving him pictures of Spider-Man, Jonah says he doesn't know, and that he gets them in the mail. Was Jonah just being a good guy or did I miss something? Because Peter was right outside his office and since Jameson was about to be crushed by a psycho in a goblin costume, you think he would at least drop his name.

Cosgrove_Face_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I thought Reed was stretchy enough to catch a bullet?

It's a Franklin Richard bullet.

Dude ain't catching that.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    SpazMuffin wrote: »
    I was just thinking about a part of Spider-Man 1 that always confused me a bit. When the Goblin blasts into JJJ's office and demands to know who's been giving him pictures of Spider-Man, Jonah says he doesn't know, and that he gets them in the mail. Was Jonah just being a good guy or did I miss something? Because Peter was right outside his office and since Jameson was about to be crushed by a psycho in a goblin costume, you think he would at least drop his name.

JJJ is a dick but he's the kinda guy you can count on at the end of the day.

Quire.jpg
  • Options

Despite being a jackass and persuring a completely unjustified crusade against Spider-Man, JJJ is still be on journalistic integrity: you don't sell out your source. Not to thugs, not to the government, and not even to crazy person dressed like a power ranger.

• Options

I mean if you aren't familiar with Jonah it is confusing. He's a complicated character but first and foremost he's a good guy who has some misguided views. He'd never betray his employees.

• Options
    SpazMuffinSpazMuffin Hey Cut it outRegistered User regular
    Yea, I used to read some of the comics a while ago, mostly when the ultimate spiderman line started, but lately I just read about the comics, either on these boards or by browsing marvel wiki sites. I definitely get that he's a principled if not, sometimes misguided figure with some trust issues (his barber, aside)

A similar sort of hiccup I had with the new movie
    I ended up looking away from the screen for one second when Peter was "Bing-ing" his parent's and it showed that they had died in a plane crash. That one split second scene aside, I thought the movie kind of left their fate a little unclear, especially since the fact that they disappeared seemed to be the main point of discussion, and not that they tragically died. But I guess that's why Peter got such a rise out of Uncle Ben, with the "where is he?" comment, when Ben replied, "How dare you?" It's all far from a major complaint, I just thought it was weird that the only definitive indication of the Parkers' deaths was a one second image.

That aside, I loved this movie and really would put it well above the rest in terms of superhero movies. I thought I wouldn't like Garfield from early pictures of him (was thinking, pretty boy Peter Parker), but he was awkward and goofy, and that sort of underbite thing he has going really made me love the character. I can't really think of anything I didn't like from the movie, it just seemed to work so well (well maybe not the field goal post thing). The only thing that I noticed was that I preferred the Danny Elfman soundtrack from the old movies, but I guess it was a pretty good movie if I'm digging into the music for complaints.

Cosgrove_Face_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Yea, I used to read some of the comics a while ago, mostly when the ultimate spiderman line started, but lately I just read about the comics, either on these boards or by browsing marvel wiki sites. I definitely get that he's a principled if not, sometimes misguided figure with some trust issues (his barber, aside)

A similar sort of hiccup I had with the new movie
    I ended up looking away from the screen for one second when Peter was "Bing-ing" his parent's and it showed that they had died in a plane crash. That one split second scene aside, I thought the movie kind of left their fate a little unclear, especially since the fact that they disappeared seemed to be the main point of discussion, and not that they tragically died. But I guess that's why Peter got such a rise out of Uncle Ben, with the "where is he?" comment, when Ben replied, "How dare you?" It's all far from a major complaint, I just thought it was weird that the only definitive indication of the Parkers' deaths was a one second image.

That aside, I loved this movie and really would put it well above the rest in terms of superhero movies. I thought I wouldn't like Garfield from early pictures of him (was thinking, pretty boy Peter Parker), but he was awkward and goofy, and that sort of underbite thing he has going really made me love the character. I can't really think of anything I didn't like from the movie, it just seemed to work so well (well maybe not the field goal post thing). The only thing that I noticed was that I preferred the Danny Elfman soundtrack from the old movies, but I guess it was a pretty good movie if I'm digging into the music for complaints.

A ton of stuff regarding that particular plotline was cut
    http://badassdigest.com/2012/07/05/was-the-untold-story-cut-from-the-amazing-spider-man/

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Also those posters in the Avengers box set are

marvelous

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    I want a Lego Spider-Man game

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Not sure what the legality of that one is.

Activision may hold the video game rights to Spider-Man; or they may just own the rights to "The Amazing Spider-Man the Movie" based videogames. Still, no reason they couldn't publish a Spider-Man game made by Traveller's Tales. However...

Megablocks still has the license for the movies, meaning there can't be a Lego "Amazing Spider-Man." HOWEVER..

Lego has the comic and cartoon rights to Spider-Man, so we could see a generic Lego Spider-Man ala Lego Batman, or even a Lego Ultimate Spider-Man (Ultimate Lego Spider-Man?). Though I'd prefer a more generic Spidey. The recent cartoon kinda sucked.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Joss Whedon's entire animated run of the Astonishing X-Men is getting released on two-disc Blu Ray by Shout! Factory on Nov. 13:
    ASTONISHING X-MEN: GIFTED

Can the X-Men protect the world’s mutants against a powerful new alien menace and the “cure” that threatens to rid them of their unique abilities forever? This DVD features the first story arc of the ASTONISHING X-MEN 3-part series. Extensive bonus content includes: a conversation with Joe Quesada and Neal Adams, ASTONISHING X-MEN “Rise Up” music video, ASTONISHING X-MEN – GIFTED trailer, visual history of the characters, behind-the-scenes, Marvel Super Heroes™: What The — ?, artists gallery – John Cassaday, and additional trailers.

ASTONISHING X-MEN: DANGEROUS

In the second installment of the Astonishing X-Men arc, the tragic death of a student at the Xavier Institute reveals that a powerful enemy is working from inside the mansion to destroy the X-Men. It’s an enemy who knows all their weaknesses and can predict their every move. This new foe doesn’t want wealth, power or world domination – it only wants them dead. As the X-Men fight for their lives, they learn they’ve been deceived by one of their own. Even if they survive, the team will never be the same.

ASTONISHING X-MEN: TORN

This third installment of the Astonishing X-Men story arc brings more action and adventure as Emma Frost’s erratic behavior has the X-Men spinning in a nonstop downward spiral. Will an unlikely union be the final straw? After secretly lying in wait for months, the new Hellfire Club makes its move!

ASTONISHING X-MEN: UNSTOPPABLE

Strap yourselves in, folks! The final arc on Astonishing X-Men! After the shocking and brain-smashing events of recent issues, the X-Men are off to protect the Earth from its destruction at the hands of the Breakworld. And when it's all over, nothing will ever be the same! No, really, we mean it! Whedon and Cassaday prove they are more than Astonishing: They are unstoppable!

No cover art, price, or special features have been revealed yet.

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    to go off on a tangent Space Punisher might be the greatest human achievement in history

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Honestly, I don't get Punisher in space.. What is he doing up there? Hunting down space criminals or something? Angel-Employed Frank I get. FrankenCastle I get... but Space Punisher?

• Options
    Honestly, I don't get Punisher in space.. What is he doing up there? Hunting down space criminals or something? Angel-Employed Frank I get. FrankenCastle I get... but Space Punisher?
    it isnt just space punisher

it's space everything

it doesnt take place in 616

• Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular

You shouldn't get any of that stuff.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    space crime is vastly more corrupt and poisonous than earth crime

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

it's space everything

o

oh

this suddenly makes an excruciating amount of sense

... and is a little disappointing

• Options
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »

it's space everything

o

oh

this suddenly makes an excruciating amount of sense

... and is a little disappointing
    i was disappointed too.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Is there a The Grid Marvel universe, where every character is actually a Tron-inspired program?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I'm sure that'd be the easiest thing ever to pitch to Disney.

Cable is really doom.exe

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    trippy i fucking hate you

that will never happen beyond those amazing tron legacy covers and ahhhhhhh

• Options
    What if I pitch it to FanFiction.net?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghgggggggghghgh

• Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    What if I pitch it to FanFiction.net?

I don't want to check, but I'd bet someone beat you to it.

• Options
    yIn6h.jpg

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    yes

Tron Grit

yes

• Options
    ..Anyone else surprised that Doctor Who has the most Tron crossovers?

• Options
    i'm disappointed there aren't more Tronsformers

that's Megatron

he fights for the users

• Options
    Guess what movie has the most crossover fiction?
    Camp Rock?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    yessssssssssssssssssssss Teen Trontans GO

• Options
    ..Anyone else surprised that Doctor Who has the most Tron crossovers?

I'm trying to wrap my head around the animorph one.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    My Little Tronie

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I am very interested in that Tron/Big Lebowski one. How the hell would that work?

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    I am very interested in that Tron/Big Lebowski one. How the hell would that work?

jeff bridges is the dude in both movies

• Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, he's a lazy stoner in one, and a highly motivated, really smart programmer in the other.

Same thing! The cross over writes itself.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
This discussion has been closed.