As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] Collusion!

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    @wirehead26 guess what was done at the NXT tapings? (dark match but still)
    Dy3fJ.jpg
    Kings of Wrestling Chris (Kassius Ohno) Hero and Claudio (Antonio Cesaro) Castagnoli vs CM Punk and Tyler (Seth Rollins) Black
    NO3xx.jpg

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    @wirehead26 guess what was done at the NXT tapings? (dark match but still)
    Dy3fJ.jpg
    Kings of Wrestling Chris (Kassius Ohno) Hero and Claudio (Antonio Cesaro) Castagnoli vs CM Punk and Tyler (Seth Rollins) Black
    NO3xx.jpg
    Pretty fucking sweet I must say even if I still don't think Black has what it takes to make it big time. Was that a dark match?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    there's a dude at work that is going to be incredibly excited because of those pictures

• Options
    Holy shit...
    just read the spoilers and that KoW vs. Punk/Rollins apparently wasn't a dark match and was the actual main event of the last episode.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Holy shit...
    just read the spoilers and that KoW vs. Punk/Rollins apparently wasn't a dark match and was the actual main event of the last episode.

No it was the dark match main event of the last episode. There were two dark matches for the last episode.
    Dark Matches:

* Dean Ambrose defeated CJ Parker.

* Damien Sandow defeated Garrett Dylan.

Episode 1:

* Drew McIntyre defeated Richie Steamboat.

* Big E. Langston defeated Aiden English.

* Kassius Ohno defeated Percy Watson. Ohno was attacked from behind by Steamboat before the match.

* Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd defeated The Ascension.

Episode 2:

* Bo Dallas defeated Johnny Curtis.

* Backstage segment with CM Punk and Seth Rollins.

* Leo Kruger defeated Dante Dash.

* Seth Rollins defeated Michael McGillicutty to retain the NXT Title. Punk was on commentary.

* Punk vs. Antonio Cesaro was announced for tonight.

Episode 3:

* Alex Riley defeated Jinder Mahal.

* Trent Barreta defeated Jake Carter.

* Kassius Ohno & Ascension defeated the Usos & Ricky Steamboat.

Dark Main Events:

* CM Punk vs. Antonio Cesaro ended in a No Contest when Ohno came out to attack Punk. Rollins made the save.

* Punk & Seth Rollins defeated Ohono and Cesaro in a tag match. During the post-match celebration, John Cena appeared on the big screen and announced that he will be at the next NXT tapings.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Holy shit...

No it was the dark match main event of the last episode. There were two dark matches for the last episode.
    Dark Matches:

* Dean Ambrose defeated CJ Parker.

* Damien Sandow defeated Garrett Dylan.

Episode 1:

* Drew McIntyre defeated Richie Steamboat.

* Big E. Langston defeated Aiden English.

* Kassius Ohno defeated Percy Watson. Ohno was attacked from behind by Steamboat before the match.

* Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd defeated The Ascension.

Episode 2:

* Bo Dallas defeated Johnny Curtis.

* Backstage segment with CM Punk and Seth Rollins.

* Leo Kruger defeated Dante Dash.

* Seth Rollins defeated Michael McGillicutty to retain the NXT Title. Punk was on commentary.

* Punk vs. Antonio Cesaro was announced for tonight.

Episode 3:

* Alex Riley defeated Jinder Mahal.

* Trent Barreta defeated Jake Carter.

* Kassius Ohno & Ascension defeated the Usos & Ricky Steamboat.

Dark Main Events:

* CM Punk vs. Antonio Cesaro ended in a No Contest when Ohno came out to attack Punk. Rollins made the save.

* Punk & Seth Rollins defeated Ohono and Cesaro in a tag match. During the post-match celebration, John Cena appeared on the big screen and announced that he will be at the next NXT tapings.

#There'sTrent

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Here's what Regal had to say about the main event.
    William Regal ‏@RealKingRegal
    Very proud to be apart of @WWENXT tonight.I'm hoping the dark match is at least put on YouTube (hint,hint)as it was as important a match as the first time Marty Jones faced Mark Rocco in the history of evolving out business for those who know.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Well while we're riding the NXT hype:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlnS5TTu6o4

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I love me some Regal, but I'm really not sure about that statement

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Here's what Regal had to say about the main event.
    William Regal ‏@RealKingRegal
    Very proud to be apart of @WWENXT tonight.I'm hoping the dark match is at least put on YouTube (hint,hint)as it was as important a match as the first time Marty Jones faced Mark Rocco in the history of evolving out business for those who know.

Marty Jones vs Mark "Black Tiger" Rocco you say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xhmy28Cdmw

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    So what's the new buzz about what you can do in WWE 13? Let's ask Ledesma.
    @RAWFShowtime: @KartikBRAND You have a bar that tracks how you ref the match. If it depletes Ace comes out and ejects you....
    @RAWFShowtime: @KartikBRAND If you fill it up, you can hit a finisher and pretty much get away with it, but it depletes your meter 3 quarters of the way.
    @RAWFShowtime: @KartikBRAND It fills up when reffing right and goes down when you do shady stuff.

That's right. Instead of improving the gameplay, or updating the roster so at least a few people could shine, or even improving the graphics so they don't look worse than the Gamecube Day of Reckoning games, they added in a special bar for special referee matches, and if you don't call things down the middle the match will be interrupted by Johnny Laurinaitis ejecting and replacing you. But buy WWE 13 guys please! You wouldn't want poor old THQ to go out of business!

Don't get me wrong, the premise sounds cool and all, at least the first time you play it, but there were a lot more things that needed to be improved before the Special Ref match.
    As we discussed yesterday on the No Name Show, TNA ended up wrapping up the AJ Styles-Claire Lynch storyline on last night's Impact Wrestling.

Why? Well,the short version of the story is that the actor playing Claire Lynch, quit the company.

The longer version of the story is why she bolted. A number of TNA sources over the last several days confirmed that she gave immediate notice she was quitting after fans online figured out her real name (we are witholding that name for reasons that will be clear as you continue to read) and began bombarding her professional website, LinkedIn.com and Youtube.com accounts with derogatory and hateful messages about her acting, her character's actions and her character's appearance.

Disgusted by the situation because as a working actor (I do not believe she was signed to a contract by the company) who was still going out on auditions for other roles, she didn't want potential employers and casting directors researching her to come across the hateful scorn, which was described to me as "some of the most classless garbage you'd expect to see, just low rent message board loser stuff." So, she quit the company and immediately turned off all her professional accounts in an attempt to deflect the hatred.

So, the long form answer is that fans who didn't like the storyline harassed her into quitting the promotion.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Is it wrong that I completely understand why Lynch quit despite her being terrible?

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Why is this segment lasting so long? I'm really glad it's pretty much over, but I just want it to end faster.

I like AJ apologizing for his fans for having to go through this crap. I think he meant his honor being besmirched, but I'm going to interpret it as the whole stupid fucking angle.

It was a shitty feud but hey, we did get that segment with the flipping hoody AJ doll out of it. It still makes me laugh.

I still don't understand what the hell the point is of the gut check. I mean, it provides a decent feel good moment when someone gets a job and gave Joey Ryan an interesting and unique way to enter the company but if they fail anyone (which I don't believe they've done, aside from the Joey Ryan angle?), I just think they're going to come across like dicks because they just spent the last few weeks building those guys up. I mean the current guy is in poor shape and was poor in the ring but the vignettes where he talks about his brother dying and his family still make you want him to get the job. Plus it's not like they're really getting a job on the show, they're just getting developmental contracts at OVW.
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    I love me some Regal, but I'm really not sure about that statement
    To be fair, he's an announcer now, so if he isn't overstating shit, he probably shouldn't have a job.

I ordered the Kanyon shoot last week by the way. It probably won't arrive for another week or two though. Would've been nice if they'd just let me download the bloody thing.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Finally saw Richards/Elgin from Showdown in the Sun night 2. I don't think it's a 5 star match I have to say. It's a fantastic match don't get me wrong and both Richards and Elgin busted out some incredible shit but I have to give the edge to Taker/HHH the night after for pure storytelling magic. Yeah the ROH match had more flashy moves but I don't think I ever went more apeshit during a wrestling show when the Sweet Chin Music/Pedigree combo happened.

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    So what's the new buzz about what you can do in WWE 13? Let's ask Ledesma.
    @RAWFShowtime: @KartikBRAND You have a bar that tracks how you ref the match. If it depletes Ace comes out and ejects you....
    @RAWFShowtime: @KartikBRAND If you fill it up, you can hit a finisher and pretty much get away with it, but it depletes your meter 3 quarters of the way.
    @RAWFShowtime: @KartikBRAND It fills up when reffing right and goes down when you do shady stuff.

That's right. Instead of improving the gameplay, or updating the roster so at least a few people could shine, or even improving the graphics so they don't look worse than the Gamecube Day of Reckoning games, they added in a special bar for special referee matches, and if you don't call things down the middle the match will be interrupted by Johnny Laurinaitis ejecting and replacing you. But buy WWE 13 guys please! You wouldn't want poor old THQ to go out of business!

Don't get me wrong, the premise sounds cool and all, at least the first time you play it, but there were a lot more things that needed to be improved before the Special Ref match.

If anything I don't think they went far enough with the special referee matches. They should have made a season mode out of it and let you play the role of Charles "Little Naitch" Robinson, Mike Chioda, or Little Guido. Hell, add it Earl Hebner as an unlockable legend, add a Montreal Screwjob scenario too.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Double post.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Is it wrong that I completely understand why Lynch quit despite her being terrible?

Why would it be wrong? It's just a fucking tv show, no-one deserves that kind of abuse.

Anyway, oh wow, Cesaro's now officially using Dean Malenko's old entrance music. Much better than his old one.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Holy shit they gave Cesaro his FCW theme back? They ARE learning to improve!

Now if they'd only stop writing most of their faces to act like dicks.

• Options
    Just like Madden NFL has it's Madden Curse, WWE has it's Undertaker curse, where, in the Smackdown VS RAW series, the wrestler feuding with the Undertaker ends up dying in real life. It first happened with Eddie Guerrero in Smackdown VS RAW 2006, in which it ends in a Casket Match. Guerrero died 2 days later. It got worse in the following year in a feud with Chris Benoit. The creepiest part? Undertaker says to him, "While your family mourns over your dead carcass, your family will have no one to blame but you." Brrrr.

Seriously, is THQ built on an ancient Indian orphan burial ground? How have they even held the WWE license for this long?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    well they haven't had one of those in seven years so yeah that seems like a real curse all right

• Options
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I want to make fun of the Gut Check guy some more, because he deserves it. First off his punches were so weak Jeff Hardy would have felt bad about throwing them, and second off he stated in his pre-match video that he was so hungry you could see his ribs. When he got in the ring without a shirt. That was clearly not the case. Also he sucked at wrestling. I hope somebody tells him that, and he gets three no's.

Also I'm tired of people talking about being hungry and wanting more. Just fucking stop it. Say you want to prove you're the best.

Magell on
  • Options
    Has there ever been a case where a talent is brought up saying he "hungry" and "wants to prove himself" made it big? Do wrestling promotions not understand yet that money making talent comes up naturally and not forced?

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Speaking of terrible wrestlers:

Alicia Fox's match this week seemed to contain no botches and, dare I say it, some psychology with her working Layla's legs and the braced knee. This just goes to show what a combination of shaming somebody, giving them training from Sara Del Rey and spending two days editing a show can do.

Congratulations Divas division: you put on a four minute match without making botchamania or ending it with a rollup.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    For fucks sake just give Del Rio the title. Yeah it would probably just extend the already over long Sheamus/Del Rio feud but I like Rio and I hate to see him keep choking.

• Options
    Heath Slater beating Sin Cara is the funniest damn thing.

• Options
    I'll take Cody being in the spotlight more any way I can get. Yeah in theory his feud with Cara is weak but at least it's simple and will lead to good matches. Hope Rey heals up from his concussion so him and Cara can keep teaming though.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Bully Ray vs. Mr Anderson was a fairly enjoyable match. RVD vs. Styles vs. Robbie E wasn't too bad either, but there was a lot of bad stuff as well. TNA better be able to get some names behind the Aces and 8s. I don't know what kind of choices they can realistically get, but they need somebody for the fans to care about.

Just needs a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

moment

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I am perfectly fine with them making Santino's Cobra an actual character.

Edit: And Sweeney, Cesaro kinda sorta threw the first kick in that confronation so it's not like Santino blindsided him like the spoilers seemed to suggest.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    I have decided TNA can save Aces & 8's if it turns out that King Mo is the guy behind the group. I still don't think it would be that awesome, but it would make me happy, and as far as I know that's their best choice.

• Options
    I have decided TNA can save Aces & 8's if it turns out that King Mo is the guy behind the group. I still don't think it would be that awesome, but it would make me happy, and as far as I know that's their best choice.

Oh man, I completely forgot they signed King Mo. That would be so perfect.

• Options
    King Mo has limited dates to work with so that might not be a great choice.

• Options
    Hey, if you have limited dates for the dude, having him be the leader of a gang faction that can retreat to the shadows and cut video promos would actually be a great idea. Work through the lesser dudes like you're in river city ransom or something, and then King Mo is the final boss

• Options
    I bet those goons are just like Claire Lynch and are people who work at Universal getting some side jobs. I'm assuming Universal has some stunt people shows like Disney. It's been a while since I went to a theme park.

• Options
    I'm guessing tag team turmoil for NoCs judging by that brawl segment.

• Options
    I bet those goons are just like Claire Lynch and are people who work at Universal getting some side jobs. I'm assuming Universal has some stunt people shows like Disney. It's been a while since I went to a theme park.

Won't be long until the Internet finds out their real identities and harass them into quitting, then.

Speaking of the worst Impact since the move to 8PM:
    Last night's Impact did 1.72 million viewers, its best mark in months.

welp

• Options
    I don't think it's been mentioned here yet but a few months ago WWE signed two former NFL players, Dean Muhtadi and Brandon Carter. Their NXT names? Mojo Rawley and TAC respectively. Thats... suprisingly not bad. Not generic at the very least.

• Options

Won't be long until the Internet finds out their real identities and harass them into quitting, then.

welp

All wrestling shows seem to get their best ratings on the worst shows. It's weird. TNA has always done that.

The name TAC sounds like somebody remembered they signed a guy named PAC and liked the sound of that.

• Options
    Holy shit TAC looks like a beast. Covered nearly head to toe in tattoos including a very Bam Bam Bigelow-ish heat tat. Hope he can work because he's got the marketable look down pat already.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

welp

All wrestling shows seem to get their best ratings on the worst shows. It's weird. TNA has always done that.

The name TAC sounds like somebody remembered they signed a guy named PAC and liked the sound of that.

Well you could also assume that the improved ratings could just be momentum from the recent shows...which have actually been quite good by TNA standards. This one was a missfire, but on a whole the product has been going in a much better direction.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
This discussion has been closed.