As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2]New thread before bed. Go post in it when your not busy PLAYING!

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I just made a Mighty Bronze Greatsword of Might!

It's pretty serious.

I love it

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I just made a Mighty Bronze Greatsword of Might!

It's pretty serious.

I love it

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    CondimentsCondiments Registered User regular
    Yeah, got too level 6 last night and only had problems transitioning to some areas and playing with friends in overflow areas(which sucks admittedly). All my MMO launch experiences has conditioned me to not froth over problems at the beginning.

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    I'm curious about this game. Is the endgame more directed towards co-op raids and such, or pvp?

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Derrick wrote: »
    I'm curious about this game. Is the endgame more directed towards co-op raids and such, or pvp?
    There are no traditional raid engame stuff here.

You go for the huge dynamic events for that kind of crazy big group action.

There are dungeons you have to party for though, think thats the only bit of content you can't just jump right in the middle of.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Derrick wrote: »

Speaking only from my experience with the first Guild Wars, PvP. It is structured almost like a FPS: when you go to the PvP game type, the game caps you out at the max level and you get your choice of the best possible equipment. Whether you win or lose depends almost entirely on your knowledge of the game over your time investment; the results of one match have absolutely no effect on future games (barring the World vs. World game type standings). The PvE and associated "dungeon" gameplay is entirely viable (and contains a large number of anti-nuisance design decisions that remove the sorts of player-antagonistic features that plague more cynically monetized online RPGs) and can't be discounted, but in my opinion this is a game designed from the ground up to support its grind-free PvP mode.

To put it another way: the game's main draw is its PvP (the titular "Guild Wars"), and that "endgame" technically starts as soon as you boot the game up.

The ridiculously detailed OP can probably give you more info.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    PA European guild info?

• Options
    AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    not a fan of the sylvari and especially there city....it's mainly there city really. love the simplicity(as in layout, they're both detailed and interesting) of the norn area and the asura.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Places like Skrittsburgh are just... wow.

• Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    Alegis wrote: »
    PA European guild info?
    I don't think there is one. I mean you can switch freely between American and EU servers and it seems wisest to just consolidate all PA players on one server since ping usually does not matter much in MMO's anyway. All PA EU guilds tend to die pretty quickly in my experience

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    A bunch of Euros are on Gandara, but server choice only matters for WvW once they enable guesting.

• Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    I've started putting up some basic info about the EU guild at www.TPReview.co.uk/cwg but the short version is they're on Gandara, Thornhel is one of the guild leaders and they're called Chaps Wot Guild

• Options
    OhtheVogonityOhtheVogonity Registered User regular
    Thread sure slows down when everyone is playing instead of waiting.....

Off to work, good playing with you this morning Rysk and FoolishChaos.

Oh freddled gruntbuggly...thy micturations are to me/ As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Any idea if guild invites are working? I sent a couple messages out but I have no idea if anything's getting through.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    Guild invites are still borked, I believe.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    MukkMukk Registered User regular
    Damn, cooking is even more involved than I first thought. Discovering new recipes is much more difficult for some reason. I guess I haven't fully grasped what form the basics of a finished product.

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    What's up with the npc height in this game? Made a human, left him at the default height, which is like 75% of max, and i come up to human NPC's navels, it's ridiculous =0

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to play for at least a few months. However, by then hopefully the servers will have calmed down a little and the economy will be a bit more stable. :p Besides, I still have unfinished quests in GW1!

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Can play the game yay!

Turns out you can only pick one server and if you do your stuck there unless you buy a world transfer.

Server with people I want to play with is full and can't be picked.

Blah.

What rotten luck, what is one suppose to do in that situation, wait for the sever to be just high or what.

• Options
    InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    Server transfers are free at the moment, at least the first one.

• Options
    Woot, thanks for telling me. At least I can try out the game then!

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    So...been trying since yesterday to purchase the digital collectors edition of this either via paypal or CC, neither of which work. JUST TAKE MY MONEY AND LET ME PLAY!
    please?

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Radiation wrote: »
    So...been trying since yesterday to purchase the digital collectors edition of this either via paypal or CC, neither of which work. JUST TAKE MY MONEY AND LET ME PLAY!
    please?

Yeah, I just successfully purchased the game with a CC, but it won't let me register the game.

*sadface*

• Options
    zen-zen- Registered User regular
    my retail box for this arrived while I was at work, big thanks to whoever posted the £24.99 greenman gaming deal :D

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Still no luck. Pre-purchased 12/4/2012. I have been waiting four months.

Pretty dispirited just now, especially since all the FAQs about error 9 say stuff like "Sorry, you pre-ordered, you don't get access yet, this is YOUR FAULT."

• Options
    Is there somewhere in game you can see what your latency or MS is?

• Options
    DestinPsDestinPs Registered User regular
    Can i get an invite on Aspenwood, I'll be on all weekend most likely... ingame is Demides

• Options
    wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Have any groups congealed in an overflow server?
    *EDIT*I'm hitting Sanctum of Rall

wavecutter on
  • Options
    king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
    So weak animal blood... anything in particular that drops this that I can farm? Barely have any and want to level some crafting.

Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    Underwater mobs in the asura area, or harpies outside the Black Citadel drop weak animal blood

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    So weak animal blood... anything in particular that drops this that I can farm? Barely have any and want to level some crafting.

im in same boat

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I can't wait until i can actually mail crap to my guildmates, or use the trading post. Ah, launch woes. At least the game is playable, and oh so fun.

• Options
    tehkensaitehkensai Registered User regular
    So, did they put in a way to join people in other overflow servers that are in your party/guild or no?

jAhPU.jpg
  • Options
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    I can't wait until i can actually mail crap to my guildmates, or use the trading post. Ah, launch woes. At least the game is playable, and oh so fun.

It's not playable for me, sadly. I can't wait to get in and run around though. The art direction looks amazing from the promotional material.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Does anybody know a way around the "Processing previous mail" error when trying to send mail? My wife and my friends have mostly stopped getting it, but some of us(me included) are still getting it non stop and can't send any mail. It's kind of the worst, because I have a bunch of crafted stuff and materials to give to my friends and can't do so.

• Options
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »

im in same boat

Drakes are great for this, not sure what other mobs drop them but drakes are usually pretty good about it

In other news, I got stuck like this for awhile after dodging mid-heal, was hilarious running around like that:
    gw007.jpg

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    I hope they fix the guilds soon, it's kinda weird to be guild leader but according to the game currently not being in a guild at all D:

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    eirlouseirlous Registered User new member
    Anyone have a problem with people in party being in different instances? I can't get people together, defeats the purpose of having a party.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Where the hell are people finding all these giant swords. All I have are normal looking claymores.

Will have to hand it to the game though. I've never played an MMO all day before. Still only halfway through Caledon Forest.

Sarksus on
This discussion has been closed.