As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So, [Arizona] is going crazy again

15678911»

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Hey now, Mormons don't have a monopoly on misogyny and idiotic views of reality. There's plenty of dipshits on the bench who have fucktarded ideas of how things work that are any given religion.

Some of us are aware enough of reality and the rights of other people to be aware of how profoundly offensive that judge is and how that sort of attitude is unacceptable in any situation.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Not a monopoly, but I'm pretty sure much like when Judge Judy goes all orthodox jewish on someone its based on her belief system and nothing to do with the law.

Judge apologized, but it was pretty stupid "I didn't realize the harm my words would cause." Really? You didn't think telling a victim she wouldn't have been a victim if she wasn't there would have caused harm? What are you like 6?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6ZoflDRxS8

Oh hey look that Judge is awful in her personal life as well.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Except there's nothing in our religion that actually teaches anything like that.

That's not to say there's not a lot of ideology from the culture surrounding the church that produces idiot shit like that; but blaming someone for being sexually assaulted is patently not part of our beliefs.

But you're right, I'm sure it did come from whatever twisted reality she lives in; mormon or not. EDIT: I don't want to take this down the usual D&D 'every thread turns into a religious debate" thing though, so that's not what I intended. I just meant to say that terrible people are terrible people, whatever their religion.

EDIT: I swear I've seen that video of that judge here before on D&D. Good to know she's keeping it real. :rotate:

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Except there's nothing in our religion that actually teaches anything like that.

That's not to say there's not a lot of ideology from the culture that produces idiot shit like that; but blaming someone for being sexually assaulted is patently not part of our beliefs.

But you're right, I'm sure it did come from whatever twisted reality she lives in; mormon or not.

Its not a specific dig on mormons, maybe I should have said fundy more than anything. Much like how Jesus taught about tolerance and modern christian fundamentalists are all about hate and bigotry.

Anyway reading up on this lady again she's all around terrible, and its a god damn travesty she's on the bench till 2014 and will be promptly reelected because Arizona is a fucking hole.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    I always feel bad for younger more progressive mormons.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    mrt144 wrote: »
    I always feel bad for younger more progressive mormons.

Shit's a generational cycle of perpetual guilt and shame, yo. Almost any fundamentalist denomination is, and that definitely includes the LDSers.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Some of the coolest people I've ever met were very liberal Mormons.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Same. Too bad most of them are drummed out of the church due to the higher ups being a bunch of ultra-shits.