MSPA: Hussmaster A raises 2 million trillion bajillion dollars

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    even the black chess pieces are white

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2012
    To crwth, every update is just a 650 x 450 block of pure whiteness.

Through his white hood, one can see his eyes glaze over and drool begins to cascade down his lips, and his hand slowly rubs the burgeoning erection through the denim of his jeans.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    i go to kkk and neo-nazi rallies mainly to jack off

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    crwth is not a member of the KKK

He's just a Ku Klux Fan

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    in my headcanon everyone, even the trolls, are white to satisfy my white power fetish

In mine all the dead characters are just different personalities of Bert

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    @Zay it just occurred to me that your sig is actually two thumbs up and not two flexin' arms with a little kiss to the guns.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    @Zay it just occurred to me that your sig is actually two thumbs up and not two flexin' arms with a little kiss to the guns.

oh man

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    From my phone it looks like a snarling bear

• Options
    :-bd

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

WHAT

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    2801p8i_th.png

• Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    2801p8i_th.png

whatever happened to the disagree button

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    eh more stickers

it's cool still get that keychain

might even use that

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    I think the corners will make it catch on stray threads in my pocket

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    I'm really glad I decided to start over, because now I can be reminded of fantastically written pages like these.

• Options
    But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    EDIT:double post somehow?

Whoa wait, I actually posted this like hours ago. What the hell happened?

But you can call me on
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    :-bd

:-c

xet8c.gif

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    \m/

• Options
    EffefEffef Who said your opinion mattered, Jones? Registered User regular
    tumblr_mam5krRZev1qmw0pko1_1280.jpg

ox30LTf.gif
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    uhm

why is she white

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    because white makes right

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    GUYS WHAT PRECEDENT DOES THIS SET?! I'm sure Friends got some criticism for being about a bunch of white people but if one day Chandler was black it would be very weird!

I mean, could it be any weirder?!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    earlier in the thread I saw a thing that was like "why won't andrew just say that he accidentally said dave was white because of his white privelege" and that seems a bit of a misuse of the term and possibly not even accurate?

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    what is the correct term

• Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    Making me wish it was cold and raining here instead of bright and getting hotter by the day.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    earlier in the thread I saw a thing that was like "why won't andrew just say that he accidentally said dave was white because of his white privelege" and that seems a bit of a misuse of the term and possibly not even accurate?

i think "assuming everyone in media is white and that that's normal because you're white" was the implication and that that is privilege but i'm not super well informed about this arena to be perfectly honest

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    that rose is

a good rose

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    tynic wrote: »

WHAT
    tnjm4.gif
    @Tynic

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    worksintheoryworksintheory Registered User regular
    tumblr_magi6j6QE51qj5rgto1_500.jpg

I am just going to post this cosplay and try to forget I read the last few pages.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Stickers....more stickers.

• Options
    ZapRatZapRat Mage of Mind A place apartRegistered User regular
    This thread really needs a Kankri-themed title at the moment.
    crwth wrote: »
    uhm

why is she white
    Because she has yet to discover the joys of Grimdarkness.

CYDUJ.jpg
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    So when I first started reading Homestuck intensely it was shortly after the grimdark shift, and I saw fanart of Dark!Rose really briefly without thinking much of it.
    So for a while I actually held a headcanon of Rose having darker skin and being light in the comics because art.

And this was two years ago. Looooong before SJ debates.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

i think "assuming everyone in media is white and that that's normal because you're white" was the implication and that that is privilege but i'm not super well informed about this arena to be perfectly honest

yeah

he was saying they're racially blank but subconsciously he was equating "has no race" to "is white"

• Options
    edited September 2012
    I anything, grey would have been a better color for the kids than the trolls if Hussie really wanted a truly aracial color for them. White is frequently used to represent caucasian...ism...ness.

And yes, I realize there is more to it than that, but the whole scenario showed a kind of ignorance on Hussie's part. His refusal to back down pretty much ever didn't help.

Why is Racestuck a thing again? That was last January.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    I anything, grey would have been a better color for the kids than the trolls if Hussie really wanted a truly aracial color for them. White is frequently used to represent caucasian...ism...ness.

And yes, I realize there is more to it than that, but the whole scenario showed a kind of ignorance on Hussie's part. His refusal to back down pretty much ever didn't help.

Why is Racestuck a thing again? That was last January.

tarot deck official art is all white and people are mad

homestuck...

• Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    I do rather enjoy Homestuck.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Andrew handled the situation poorly after the fact, but really, there was never a problem to begin with. Or at least not one he should be expected to deal with in a fun webcomic without that specific purpose.

It's certainly a indication of privilege to think non color means the same as acting white, but, it's also just kinda the way things are. Like, that's a shitty thing, but it's a thing. You don't stop having privilege. It's how you are raised, and how other people see you. Checking your privilege should, in the correct usage of the term, just mean you think about what you're saying/writing/etc and how it relates to people outside your personal sphere. Which comes from recognizing you have a personal sphere.

This being the case, it's not any particular fault of Andrew's he was naturally inclined to make a white cast who act white, 'cause hey, he's a white dude. This is a crappy thing on the part of the world, but no fault of Andrew's. How the situation probably should have been handled would for him to say "yeah, I guess you guys are right, but it would be pretty equally if not more shitty for me to just randomly introduce a new character of color or something just to try and balance it out."

It's a bad thing that white dudes just kinda naturally write white, likely straight cisgendered characters, but it's not something they should be blamed for. It's an issue of society. And fixing society is not the purpose of this webcomic, so expecting it to be completely 100% inclusive to everyone is absurd. Expecting anything to be 100% inclusive is absurd, unless the creator is somehow all races, genders and sexual orientations at once. You just need to strive to not be exclusive.

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Really the best thing he could have done was just ignore everyone bitching about it. I mean yeah he could have been more racially diverse and it would have been nice if he was but between getting really irritated about the accusations before and now writing a big apology coincidentally when he's trying to gather money for something seems like it could all be taken the wrong way.

Like, the offer to let artists redraw the cards and now the stickers with some characters darker skinned seems like a hasty reaction and probably one seen as "too little too late."

This discussion has been closed.