As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Colonoscopy: It’s Not that [Chat]

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    @donkey kong oh i'm familiar with nero, but i'd never heard the john adams parts before and didn't pick up on the slight chord structure derivations, because they suck

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Weapons officer Landshark is now repairing the oxygen system for the second time in two battles. This bodes ill...

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Like, I cannot fathom the thought process of going "wow, this is such a powerful piece of music, intricate in its construction and complex in its rhythmic structure"

I KNOW

I'LL DUBSTEPS IT!

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    There need to be more games like FTL

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    YES! My "What's Opera Doc?" poster has arrived. Woo!

Mondo-Tom-Whalen-Whats-Opera-Doc-Reg.jpg

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Eep, i just realized, we only have about 13 weeks until the end of the world.

13! that's not a lot!

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    The unasked for, amateur, defective church fresco story rumbles on! Apparently she wants some of the profits made by the church since the story broke to be donated to a medical charity that is researching a condition her son has.

Of course the story does not get reported well!

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120919/10464820431/old-lady-ruins-fresco-claims-copyright-demands-money.shtml

http://m.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/20/ecce-homo-cecilia-gimenez-royalties?cat=world&type=article

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Eep, i just realized, we only have about 13 weeks until the end of the world.

13! that's not a lot!

I thought the election was in 7 weeks?

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    @Sir Landshark

Captain @Abdhyius rejects your demand for a breathalyzer, explaining that there's already been enough trouble breathing on this ship and there's no need to commission a study to quantify it!

Then he orders you to go repair yet another hull breach before the engine room becomes inoperable. Hold your breath and get out the wrench!

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Have I mentioned lately how much I hate the RPG trope where you do sidequests for a guild or organization and despite joining it a few hours ago, end up running it at the end of the quest arc?

It's particularly prevalent in sandboxy games. And it is awful.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    ios6Maps.jpg

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Have I mentioned lately how much I hate the RPG trope where you do sidequests for a guild or organization and despite joining it a few hours ago, end up running it at the end of the quest arc?

examples?

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

examples?

It's almost universal. Mage, Fighter, and Thief guilds in Skyrim just for recent examples.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    What a couple of days. We are just recovering from the worst outtage in the company's history.

Every single service went down across the board.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    ios6Maps.jpg

This is hilarious.

• Options
    I dont like Bethesda games.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    iO6 doesn't stop you from going to the google website and getting the maps does it?

*Glances at iphone from the corner of his eye cautiously*

D:

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

examples?

Basically all of Skyrim. One of my other annoyances about that game is that nothing really affects anything else. So nobody bats an eyelid at say, the Archmage of the College of Winterhold joining a warrior cult or becoming head of the Thieves Guild.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    The unasked for, amateur, defective church fresco story rumbles on! Apparently she wants some of the profits made by the church since the story broke to be donated to a medical charity that is researching a condition her son has.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120919/10464820431/old-lady-ruins-fresco-claims-copyright-demands-money.shtml

http://m.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/20/ecce-homo-cecilia-gimenez-royalties?cat=world&type=article

The lady destroyed classic artwork. They're lucky an angry mob hasn't killed her son.

In all seriousness though, this is by far the most entertaining thing that's happened in the art world in the last 30-40 years, and it'll be in history books without a doubt.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Hey, new antidepressant is probably gonna make me gain a bunch of weight. I don't particularly care about how I look, having been fat for most of my adult life, but I don't wanna be, y'know. Obese.

On the other hand, works instantly and I won't be so miserable.

But then I'll be a whale and even more miserable so pffff

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    iO6 doesn't stop you from going to the google website and getting the maps does it?

*Glances at iphone from the corner of his eye cautiously*

D:

Yeah you can, it's not a big deal at all, but the backlash is funny because Maps is seriously lacking in a lot of places.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    spool32 wrote: »

examples?

It's almost universal. Mage, Fighter, and Thief guilds in Skyrim just for recent examples.

It is totally unnecessary.

And as your new King of the Mage/Thief/Fighter Guilds-AND-World Savior/Guy You Ask At Random To Do Your Choirs For You, I promise to end this lazy hiring practice once and for all.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular

The lady destroyed classic artwork. They're lucky an angry mob hasn't killed her son.

In all seriousness though, this is by far the most entertaining thing that's happened in the art world in the last 30-40 years, and it'll be in history books without a doubt.

Indeed. the story will keep delivering too!

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

examples?

Skyrim?

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »

examples?

Basically all of Skyrim. One of my other annoyances about that game is that nothing really affects anything else. So nobody bats an eyelid at say, the Archmage of the College of Winterhold joining a warrior cult or becoming head of the Thieves Guild.

Yeah that really bothered me too. My wife put like 70 hours into skyrim and she's basically everything but the new emperor. I think they should have made it so if you chose to join the companions, you couldn't join the assassins, or maybe you can't join the magic guild if you only know the starting spells.

Hell even just putting level and skill requirements into joining guilds so that you kind of HAVE to focus one one or the other would be fine, but my barbarian with no lockpick or sneak ability has no place running a den of thieves.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    1348115051242469.jpg

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    @Sir Landshark

Captain @Abdhyius rejects your demand for a breathalyzer, explaining that there's already been enough trouble breathing on this ship and there's no need to commission a study to quantify it!

Then he orders you to go repair yet another hull breach before the engine room becomes inoperable. Hold your breath and get out the wrench!

grumble grumble I'll be speaking to my union rep about this grumble grumble

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options

examples?

Yeah that really bothered me too. My wife put like 70 hours into skyrim and she's basically everything but the new emperor. I think they should have made it so if you chose to join the companions, you couldn't join the assassins, or maybe you can't join the magic guild if you only know the starting spells.

Hell even just putting level and skill requirements into joining guilds so that you kind of HAVE to focus one one or the other would be fine, but my barbarian with no lockpick or sneak ability has no place running a den of thieves.

I became head of the mages college knowing only the first couple of spells that you find and also that one that shows you the route to the next destination.

• Options
    The USS Edsel journeys into a nebula, with repair duties thankfully taken away from Weapons Officer Landshark by the arrival of an engi refugee. Likewise the rescue of a damaged Federation ship yields a gross-but-useful telepathic slug, bringing our total crew to five!

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

examples?

They even did it in Kingdoms of Amaladingdong.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Wait, you can't download google maps on to the new iphone?

And someone actually questioned me about letting other people beta test new technology, telling me that kind of thing is no longer necessary. Google Maps is my boo and I don't want your fuckery in it's place, Apple. I'm glad I bought a 4S instead of waiting for the new phone to come out.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular

examples?

I became head of the mages college knowing only the first couple of spells that you find and also that one that shows you the route to the next destination.

obviously you had your destination set to be head of the mages college

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I basically look at Bethesda style games as choose your own adventure. Do what you want, ignore the rest and play around in your little sandbox. My warrior joined the Companions. My assassin is in the Thieves Guild. Casters in that game can suck my balls so I am ignoring the mages college except to get into a tomb.

I rarely do the story and instead wander around the world finding things, exploring caves and tombs and killing mans. It is a world simulator more than anything to me.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

And someone actually questioned me about letting other people beta test new technology, telling me that kind of thing is no longer necessary. Google Maps is my boo and I don't want your fuckery in it's place, Apple. I'm glad I bought a 4S instead of waiting for the new phone to come out.

Google has its iOS 6 maps app ready, Apple just hasn't approved it yet.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    I woke up early and played a bunch of FTL this morning, good times. Tried using the crew teleporter for the first time and was super pleased with how effective warping in the two manti (mantises?) I picked up was while I just kept their weapons/drones locked down with ion blasts.

Tried it again on the next fight but I also had my anti ship drones out...

oops...

blew up their ship while my dudes were still on board, lost 1/3rd of my crew :(

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    @podly

nero is good stuff pods

i'm sorry but here we are going to have to agree to disagree

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »

it's iOS6, not the iPhone 5

if you upgrade your new phone, you'll lose gmaps and you can't really downgrade

• Options
    I think I found Skyrim particularly jarring because I literally went straight from finishing Mass Effect 2 (which is quite narrow, but fairly deep) to Skyrim (which is extremely broad, but very shallow).

Also Skyrim is starting to feel kind of oppressive because 99% of the time your interaction with the world is restricted to killing stuff. Fallout 3 had the same problem.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Wow. Ultima IX is terrible. This is going to be a grueling game. Maybe I will play Ultima IV for a while after finding the fucking mayor who is hard to find despite there only being like five buildings in all of Britannia.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    kingdongs of analdongs

This discussion has been closed.