Options

Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4B.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    well how much do you bet that the protagonist of the new trilogy will be a white man

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    well how much do you bet that the protagonist of the new trilogy will be a white man

no bet

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    You know I'm curious. The Sith were able to successfully breed with humans, but aren't considered a Near Human species. Do you think it's possible for most species physically capable to breed with eachother, or was there something special about the Sith and Humans?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    I hope the lightsaber extends directly from their finger.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    You know I'm curious. The Sith were able to successfully breed with humans, but aren't considered a Near Human species. Do you think it's possible for most species physically capable to breed with eachother, or was there something special about the Sith and Humans?

yo stop and think about what you just asked and then decide if you wanna ask if it's opssible for a wookie and a mon calamari to fuck and have a hideous mutant of a child

Buttlord on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

I don't believe there is any other instance of hybridization in the EU

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    okay

yes

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

50/50 it's a white woman.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Buttlord wrote: »

yo stop and think about what you just asked and then decide if you wanna ask if it's opssible for a wookie and a mon calamari to fuck and have a hideous mutant of a child

I want a twi'lookie stripper for my star wars fanfiction, and I will fight any and all naysayers.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I just read cracked today

Huh. R2D2 could do everything but speak. That's funny.

Rest of the article was loaded with bullshit though
    The T-X had weapons AND the ability to control machines; plus a endoskeleton meant it couldn't get completely frozen (which stopped and fucked up the T1000 in Terminator 2.. or at least in the directors cut.)

Data was NOT designed to serve on a starship (and certainly wasn't designed with emotions). He was designed to be a synthetic being with no stated goal other than to exist. Having super strength wasn't a flaw; it was just the result of how he was designed.

Still, that does beg the question of why R2 units couldn't talk.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    you know what's funny about Return of the Jedi?

in the credits, most of the characters in Jabba's Palace are given actual names

sy snootles
    the twi-lek dancer whose name I forget
    max rebo

but the big lady?

nope

she's just Fat Dancer

Shorty on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

no bet

star wars is actually really good with female characters

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular

That's racist

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    yeah

Leia straight-up saves han, luke and chewie within moments of them opening her cell

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Sy Snootles is such a great name

• Options
    Goatmon wrote: »

I want a twi'lookie stripper for my star wars fanfiction, and I will fight any and all naysayers.

Isn't that mandatory for all Star Wars fanfiction*?

* not the EU (though I'm sure they show up there as well)

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

no bet

It wouldn't hurt to throw in a cool, female jedi in one of the new movies, though.

Not holding my breath on a female protagonist, but I suppose anything is theoretically possible.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Retcon Episode III and make Aayla Secura the protagonist of Ep VII

• Options

no bet

i agree
    but there wont be a woman as the main character

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

I don't believe there is any other instance of hybridization in the EU

No other instances of specifically mentioned or systemic hybredization, but that doesn't mean it can't happen...

And yes Buttlord. Yes I do want to ask that question.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Fuck, now I'm reminded of the fucking new dance scene from the special edition.

I honestly think I hate that fucking scene more than all three prequels combined.

I hate it more than Greedo shooting first!

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    Odds the lead of the next Star Wars movie is Johnny Depp

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    edited November 2012

no bet

i agree
    but there wont be a woman as the main character

Then she'll be the secondary character at least. In the mold of Ahsoka Tano, not Princess Leia.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Asajj Ventress was my favorite character in the original clone wars.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    And Lando was an awesome black male character

But the new protagonist is totally going to be a white dude. These new movies are unlikely to be passion projects. They're there to make money, and that means lot of marketing teams in the project, which means lots and lots of demographic analysis. Strong female and poc characters? Sure. But not as the lead.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular

Jeb Porkins

Ha! He's fat! Get it!
    Hey, we need to cast a fat guy to be the fighter pilot Jeb Porkins!

• Options
  • Options

Except instead of stripping, she shaves.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

I honestly think I hate that fucking scene more than all three prequels combined.

It's weird

ROTJ is my least-favorite of the OT, yet I find the things done to it in the Special and Ultimate editions more offensive than most things done in the other films or the prequel trilogy

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

Jeb Porkins

Ha! He's fat! Get it!

Still better than his name in the original story draft

Fatso McButterchins

• Options
    edited November 2012

ahahahahahah

Goatmon on

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular

go on...

• Options
    I just read cracked today

Huh. R2D2 could do everything but speak. That's funny.

Rest of the article was loaded with bullshit though
    The T-X had weapons AND the ability to control machines; plus a endoskeleton meant it couldn't get completely frozen (which stopped and fucked up the T1000 in Terminator 2.. or at least in the directors cut.)

Data was NOT designed to serve on a starship (and certainly wasn't designed with emotions). He was designed to be a synthetic being with no stated goal other than to exist. Having super strength wasn't a flaw; it was just the result of how he was designed.

Still, that does beg the question of why R2 units couldn't talk.

1) that's not what "beg the question" means

2) any number of reasons. just make one up, it's fiction. maybe a voice modulator is bulky. maybe using one would take more computing power than it's worth. maybe the astromech language is more efficient than any spoken language.

• Options

go on...
    she's a barber

• Options

go on...
    she's a barber

with a tiny light saber she uses as a razor

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    well how much do you bet that the protagonist of almost every movie ever will be a white man

• Options

yeah that addition made an already hard-to-watch scene even worse

though I didn't mind the backup singers

• Options
    freezing stopped and broke the t1000 in the regular cut?

like i remember the thing with his hand on the railing from watching it on TV as a kid

• Options
    Asajj Ventress was my favorite character in the original clone wars.

She's excellent in the CGI Clone Wars, too.
    And Lando was an awesome black male character

But the new protagonist is totally going to be a white dude. These new movies are unlikely to be passion projects. They're there to make money, and that means lot of marketing teams in the project, which means lots and lots of demographic analysis. Strong female and poc characters? Sure. But not as the lead.

Don't be too sure. It's much easier to find a passionate Star Wars fan in Hollywood then a passionate super-hero fan. Especially with the younger generations who grew up with it.

• Options
    edited November 2012

Jeb Porkins

Ha! He's fat! Get it!

Jek Porkins

also people in real life sometimes have hilariously appropriate names

example: I once knew a gay dude named Richard Love

Shorty on
This discussion has been closed.