Options

Vampire: The Masquerade, The [Phalla] for Columbus Night : Camarilla* and Neutral victory

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I take it then that your entire clan went for level 3 obfuscation

so that they can't be killed and needn't worry about anything else

and if not, damn, I bet they regret that now

we are nothing if not prudent

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Does you ability prevent conversions? Is that even possible with the Nosferatu in the source?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I mean come on. Requirement for information? Seer abilities strangely coming up wacko when targeting him?

OF COURSE HE IS A NOSFERATU.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    Does you ability prevent conversions? Is that even possible with the Nosferatu in the source?

Nosferatu begin the game with Animalism, Obfuscation, and Potency. I took level three of Obfuscation. This ability voids all abilities on my person. This includes busdrives, seers, vigs, anything.. You are free to ask anyone else who took this power for confirmation. This is why the seer and busdrive did not work on me. I am completely immune to all powers and effects. I can not be converted.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Huh... well, then. Give it for the uglies. !Langly

Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Nosferatu are rather known for having clan loyalty trumping sect loyalty, so being neutral and unable to be converted would make sense.

Langly

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    !Langly! On the back of the turtle, we shall plod to a slow but steady victory!

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Not liking the dancing.
    ObiFett

Langly

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Well then, I find that a lot more believable than 'neutral reporter'.

!Langly and !Langly

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »

Nosferatu begin the game with Animalism, Obfuscation, and Potency. I took level three of Obfuscation. This ability voids all abilities on my person. This includes busdrives, seers, vigs, anything.. You are free to ask anyone else who took this power for confirmation. This is why the seer and busdrive did not work on me. I am completely immune to all powers and effects. I can not be converted.

THIS IS ALSO WHY YOUR SEERINGS ON ME TURNED UP JACK AND SHIT. HE CAN'T BE BUDSDRIVEN, BUT WHEN YOU BUSDRIVE ME AND HIM YOU STILL SEND ABILITIES TARGETED TOWARDS ME INTO THE YAWNING ABYSS THAT IS OBSFUCATE 3

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Langly, of course.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

You had lots of big, bold text. Thus, I didn't read the normal text :P

I'll gamble with you. Langly

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    !Langly

on some level this still doesnt sit right with me

i mean who the hell would make indestructible neutrals in a game nd who could be trusted to play a role with oh wait nm

• Options
    Fiaryn wrote: »

THIS IS ALSO WHY YOUR SEERINGS ON ME TURNED UP JACK AND SHIT. HE CAN'T BE BUDSDRIVEN, BUT WHEN YOU BUSDRIVE ME AND HIM YOU STILL SEND ABILITIES TARGETED TOWARDS ME INTO THE YAWNING ABYSS THAT IS OBSFUCATE 3

Would that actually be true? It seems like the entire bus drive would cancel and abilities sent to you would still go to you.

Steam
  • Options
    !Langly

on some level this still doesnt sit right with me

i mean who the hell would make indestructible neutrals in a game nd who could be trusted to play a role with oh wait nm

I am not neutral. I am Camarilla.

• Options

Would that actually be true? It seems like the entire bus drive would cancel and abilities sent to you would still go to you.

It would probably work like he said. It would just shunt into an abyss.

• Options
    BECAUSE SOME OF YOU ARE AWFUL AT READING:

THE MORTAL INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER THING LANGLY SAID EARLIER WAS TOTAL BULLSHIT.

NOSFERATU DAMN IT

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Wiet wrote: »
    Nosferatu are rather known for having clan loyalty trumping sect loyalty, so being neutral and unable to be converted would make sense.

Langly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nosferatu

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Yeah, I figured Langly was Cam with a secondary victory condition to throw shit in the game.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular

Yeah. A bus drive would put all effects on Fiaryn onto Langly, and Langly would ignore all effects, meaning nothing has any effect. A bus drive from Langly to Fiaryn would simply fail at the start, and all effects on Langly would be ignored.

So EVERY effect that went between Langly and Fiaryn was ignored tonight, I guess?

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

Langly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nosferatu_(World_of_Darkness)#Nosferatu_antitribu

There are nosferatu antitribu in the world of the fluff

there are not any nosferatu antitribu in this game.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Got it. (Re: Busdriving)

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    !Langly sounds solid.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Okay, fair enough. Part of why I was suspicious was I didn't believe Langly's claim of being neutral, so this at least gives more context.

Langly

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular

Langly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nosferatu

From that same page
    The Nosferatu did effectively split during the formation of the Sabbat, however Nosferatu antitribu are largely identical to their Camarilla kin. Nosferatu tend to place a higher emphasis on clan unity and mutual survival, and are consequently fairly cordial with each other even though technically enemies.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I will gladly vote Langly

Also gonna vote stever for jumping on a bandwagon on me after it was shown that I was correct in defending langly.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Huh, well since Fiaryn doesn't want it. Langly

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I knew it! Nosferatu fit the facts way better than that reporter line.

langly it is.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    !Langly

And people said softnetworking will be the doom of us all.

Which, let's be honest, it will, but this is far more entertaining than the other way.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Haha! I was right! Langly WAS lying about his alignment, then!

Also, holy crap that's a powerful tandem of powers you have there.

!Langly withdraw my vote, and !Langly[color]

Hopefully the turtle prince does not harbour grudges D:

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    I refuse to correct my sad sad attempt at bbcode on principle. It's good enough.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

Langly

I guess I missed that host clarification.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

Langly

I guess I missed that host clarification.

you could ask the host if masons are reliable

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Kay wrote: »
    Antitribu just means that they go against the majority of their tribe-sect wise, I think. Like you could have Sabbat Clans in the Camarilla just like you could have Camarilla clans in the Sabbat.

I'm pretty sure that I read in the lore that Tremere are unique in that they have no Sabbat members, but CJ would have to confirm that. Also, I thought the Gangrel had gone idependent - not anti-Camarilla, more just 'fuck you all and fuck your whining' and just went off on their own, which doesn't seem to be the case here - could be wrong, though.

Remind me at some point to tell a hilaaaaaarious story about that particular bit of lore from the last V:TM phalla.

EDIT: Actually, wait - pretty sure you were in that game, @Kay. Where I was the last Tremere standing and everybody decided that clearly I had to be mafia because they hadn't found a Tremere Antitribu yet, except lolnope, we just happened to be the one clean faction.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    TREMERE ANTITRIBU EXIST BUT ARE ABOUT AS RARE AS LASOMBRA AND TZIMISCE ANTITRIBU SO YOU CAN REALISTICALLY ASSUME THEY DO NOT EXIST IN THIS GAME.

• Options
    Alright, so if mafia had any inkling of who Langly was or what powers he would have selected (defensive powers seem like a clear choice) then they knew they had to vote to kill him. I would like to re-cast my suspicion on that early langly wagon and hopefully some seers check them out.

Steam
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I like how the things Fiaryn says are becoming more and more moderate, reasonable, and ordinary, but he's still shouting all of them.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Langly Why not? I'll give him a shot now that he's dropped that stupid cover idea... Throwing a vote on ObiFett until a better target shows up.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Gaslight wrote: »
    I like how the things Fiaryn says are becoming more and more moderate, reasonable, and ordinary, but he's still shouting all of them.

SUSPICIOUS OF HIM

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Langly, all I'm saying is that I would have been far more willing to share information with you provided you had been straight with me.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche