As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vampire: The Masquerade, The [Phalla] for Columbus Night : Camarilla* and Neutral victory

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I'm not sure we really have to worry about the annarchs that much. Their conversion is a silly one where you have to choose to be converted, and while langly is leading the village so well, I'm not sure why people would jettison their win conditions for something that's harder.

I didn't accept it, by the by

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It's a matter of whether your faction VC has become realistic, I think.

For example a birdie told me that there's a faction that needs to have more members of its clan alive than any other clan. If you've got one member, well, the anarchs look a lot more attractive.

Not much, but more.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    I'm not sure we really have to worry about the annarchs that much. Their conversion is a silly one where you have to choose to be converted, and while langly is leading the village so well, I'm not sure why people would jettison their win conditions for something that's harder.

I didn't accept it, by the by

There are probably some clans which have suffered losses enough that some individuals don't expect to win with them and they figure "why not try something new?" But then I don't know all the wincons.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Anyways, torpor really isn't a good indicator of anything. It just means they were doing stuff for either the network, their clan or the mafia.

So here are the red votes made by bedlam.
    Day 1: Langly
    Day 2: TheRoadVirus
    Day 3: Baidol
    Day 4: Void Slayer

Votes cast against Bedlam
    Day 1: Baidol, Mikey CTS
    Day 2: TheRoadVirus
    Day 3: none
    Day 4: none

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Here is the deal with voluntary conversions:

If you accept it, even if you think you will lose, you are paying against your win condition.the choice itself is anti village, which you are supposed to help win above all else

• Options
    but it was also intentionally put in the game which means it is a conscious decision by assuran to allow players from factions whose victory conditions look unattainable to trade them in for a wincon that may potentially be more attainable

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ...why are you defending people leaving the village INANTP? Is there something you'd like to share with the class?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    There are powers that steal blood by the way, so that's there

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    If all the cool kids are doing it though:
    tumblr_mdestpKeCr1qj4zo3o8_250.gif

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    INANTP was the first to inform the village of possible voluntary conversions, Spoit.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    i don't see why it's so illogical that someone who has an "In addition" to their victory condition does not care about the first half of their victory condition, because this is a faction game and no one wins by just eliminating the mafia

if your victory condition's second part is unattainable it does not matter if you are village when the game ends, you still will not have won

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    INANTP was the first to inform the village of possible voluntary conversions, Spoit.

quote?

I'm looking at his posts and not seeing it http://phyphor.padev.net/phalla/11/posts?filter=&who=32803&day=&f=&e=

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    i think baidol may be confusing private communications with public ones

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Pretty s ure I brought it up first

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    also I do not remember how it worked, but in Stever's logic phalla there were voluntary conversions of certain types of players.

Langly brought up the possibility of the conversions being voluntary. But I'm confirming it

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    i think baidol may be confusing private communications with public ones

This is what happens when you have so many PM's they start to blend in with the main thread.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    vampire phalla

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I am nearly all the way through my PMs, however I have a handful left. I will finish those off at work, hopefully within the hour.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Here is the deal with voluntary conversions:

If you accept it, even if you think you will lose, you are paying against your win condition.the choice itself is anti village, which you are supposed to help win above all else

Well, not really. You are always supposed to make sure that village wins; you're supposed to make sure that you win. Now, for a villager, these are one and the same, but if you are presented with the option to switch to a win condition that you think is more likely to win, the correct move is to switch to that win condition.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    ooooooooooo

I'm a mighty theasaurus! Rawr!

ooooooooooo

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    OooOooOOOOooOoOo

There are things in the walls, they watch us.

They do not interfere though, because we are not as interesting as our prey.

Isn't that sad?

oOooOooOoOOOooOo

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I'm still not 100% that the magic box is actually tracking the right close posts but:

Day 1
    TehSpectre: 16 (Rainfall, Langly, Fiaryn, facetious, HeavyVillain, MagicPrime, matev, oaklore, SaberOverEasy, 38thDoe, Cythraul, Gaslight, kime, premium, jdarksun, CesareB)
    jdarksun: 8 (Kaplar, Delmain, Phyphor, Wiet, Peccavi, El Skid, TehSpectre, Kilnaga, Figgy)
    Langly: 5 (The Anonymous, bedlam, Celebrim, JaysonFour, LonelyAhava)
    I needed a name to post.: 3 (blahmcblah, shalmelo, Void Slayer)
    Solar: 3 (Egos, Spoit, pharezon)
    CesareB: 3 (zombie hero, stever777, GrimmyToA)
    facetious: 2 (Anialos, Capfalcon)
    Fiaryn: 2 (cj iwakura, DumpShock)
    LonelyAhava: 2 (Mill, infidel)
    Mill: 2 (LoserforHireX, WhiteZinfandel)
    bedlam: 2 (Baidol, Mikey CTS)
    kime: 2 (jonathanmichaels, cayrus)
    Spoit: 2 (obifett, Solar)
    WhiteZinfandel: 1 (virgil_leads_you)
    38thDoe: 1 (kay)
    premium: 1 (Retaba)
    Kilnaga: 1 (SeGaTai)
    Rainfall: 1 (CaptainPlanet82)
    The Anonymous: 1 (Alegis)
    SeGaTai: 1 (TheRoadVirus)
    pharezon: 1 (I needed a name to post.)
    MagicPrime: 1 (EnlightenedBum)
    TheRoadVirus: 1 (Maximus)
    obifett: 1 (warban)

Day 2:
    kay: 15 (zombie hero, warban, oaklore, blahmcblah, matev, SaberOverEasy, obifett, kime, Anialos, GrimmyToA, El Skid, Peccavi, Phyphor, Cythraul, pharezon)
    GrimmyTOA: 9 (kay, CesareB, SeGaTai, Fiaryn, Rainfall, Egos, Alegis, HeavyVillain, Baidol)
    facetious: 6 (Mikey CTS, Mill, Solar, Langly, Kaplar, Capfalcon)
    JaysonFour: 4 (facetious, Celebrim, stever777, shalmelo)
    El Skid: 4 (Spoit, Wiet, Gaslight, MagicPrime)
    Peccavi: 3 (LonelyAhava, Kilnaga, Void Slayer)
    obifett: 2 (The Anonymous, JaysonFour)
    jdarksun: 1 (cj iwakura)
    CaptainPlanet82: 1 (CaptainPlanet82)
    matev: 1 (LoserforHireX)
    bedlam: 1 (TheRoadVirus)
    TheRoadVirus: 1 (bedlam)
    LonelyAhava: 1 (Figgy)
    Solar: 1 (I needed a name to post.)
    kime: 1 (WhiteZinfandel)
    stever777: 1 (38thDoe)
    Egos: 1 (jdarksun)

Day 3:
    oaklore: 32 (Langly, zombie hero, blahmcblah, Mill, El Skid, I needed a name to post., Mikey CTS, Solar, CesareB, Spoit, Kilnaga, SaberOverEasy, Wiet, HeavyVillain, facetious, SeGaTai, Peccavi, DumpShock, CaptainPlanet82, Anialos, Rainfall, WhiteZinfandel, Gaslight, MagicPrime, Egos, Maximus, JaysonFour, stever777, matev, Baidol, Cythraul, warban)
    El Skid: 3 (jdarksun, Celebrim, jonathanmichaels)
    Gaslight: 2 (TheRoadVirus, The Anonymous)
    facetious: 2 (Kaplar, LoserforHireX)
    Void Slayer: 2 (shalmelo, obifett)
    Peccavi: 1 (Void Slayer)
    Baidol: 1 (bedlam)

Day 4:
    Peccavi: 13 (jdarksun, Mill, Baidol, JaysonFour, Phyphor, SeGaTai, Cythraul, Gaslight, cj iwakura, Alegis, HeavyVillain, DumpShock, El Skid)
    cj iwakura: 11 (I needed a name to post., blahmcblah, SaberOverEasy, ???, WhiteZinfandel, stever777, Spoit, Mikey CTS, Peccavi, Egos, Void Slayer)
    El Skid: 4 (Anialos, Rainfall, Figgy, Celebrim)
    Void Slayer: 4 (Capfalcon, MagicPrime, bedlam, Solar)
    HeavyVillain: 4 (Kilnaga, CesareB, TheRoadVirus, Langly)
    Spoit: 1 (LoserforHireX)
    DumpShock: 1 (Kaplar)
    LoserforHireX: 1 (Wiet)
    Gaslight: 1 (shalmelo)

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    You have 2 rows for Obifett on day 2. I assume the first one is supposed to be GrimmyTOA. It would be interesting to see where the votes were on day 3 before Langly made his announcement.

• Options
    I do believe all PMs are out. If you need one and didn't get one, I'm an idiot, so let me know.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    The blood Hunt today was on Bedlam. Sorry bedlam, the gangrels have not had an antitribu come up yet and you were our best guess.

If I am killed tonight, I am almost certain that kaplar is not mafia.

Thank you Langly.

While I hope that nothing comes of it and can only commend you on the work you've done, I appreciate the vote of confidence in you naming me as your successor.

Support Langly. Support Kaplar. Support the Camarilla.

• Options
    Oops, yeah I probably forgot to change the 2nd replace field when I was doing the find replace for the colors. I'll fix that in a second

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kaplar

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CesareB wrote: »
    You have 2 rows for Obifett on day 2. I assume the first one is supposed to be GrimmyTOA. It would be interesting to see where the votes were on day 3 before Langly made his announcement.
    This was done by hand, let me know if there are any double votes

facetious (Anialos, zombie hero, kaplar, gaslight, Mikey CTS, gaslight, captain planet, matev, solar, CesareB, blahmcblah, LFHX)
    El Skid (Rainfall, WhiteZinfandel, jdarksun, Killnaga, Celebrim)
    Mill (matev)
    Warban (spoit)
    Peccavi (Void Slayer)
    Gaslight (TRV, T_A, Captain Planet)
    Rainfall (El skid)
    Void Slayer (shalmelo, heavy villain, segatai, magicprime, Sabre over easy, grimmyTOA)
    Baidol (Wiet, bedlam, Mill)
    Pharezon (sabreovereasy)
    Capfalcon (captainplanet)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    TRV has a rather innocuous looking vote record...which I find suspicious. Oh, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't noticed them posting as much as usual.

• Options
    jonathanmichaelsjonathanmichaels Archduke of Levity Registered User regular
    El Skid

For the sake of consistency

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    El Skid

Shhh.

• Options
    jonathanmichaelsjonathanmichaels Archduke of Levity Registered User regular
    Oh.

I'm dead.

Someone coulda mentioned it. :(

• Options
    edited November 2012
    El Skid

@jonathanmichaels.

Sorry man, you missed the vote and have been killed off due to 2 missed votes. I apologize, but I have to be fair to everyone else. Also, your death was revealed in the narration.

Assuran on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »
    TRV has a rather innocuous looking vote record...which I find suspicious. Oh, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't noticed them posting as much as usual.

Feel free! It's not been the best week ever for me to be phallaing and now i think I'm getting sick so.... yaaay.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    kaplar

I don't appreciate that, sir. Not at all.

While I disagree with your vote, I'll defend to the final death your right to cast it.

Kaplar on
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Won't be around until after close on Sunday, so stayin' on
    cj iwakura

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    OooooOOOooooOOoo

Avenge me, my prince!

OooooooooOOOooooOOoo

• Options
    Ok, there are some clan actions going on that is messing with finding mafia.

We aren't going to have enough time to think about faction fighting if we're all dead in five days.

so, house keeping #5

IF YOU HAVE AN ATTACK POWER, PM ME. EVEN IF WE HAVE TALKED BEFORE. ALL ATTACKS SHOULD GO THROUGH ME.

• Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    I was thinking HeavyVillain yesterday. Need to catch up on what I missed yesterday though.

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    Dumpshock. Let's see if my mafia/anarch voting streak breaks.