Wow. That's a new one for me.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    GorakGorak Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    Wow. That's a new one for me.

With a combination of cockney, Punjabi and Jamaican pattois, we get some interesting slang.

Gorak on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    I like my gravity-bong. It's more efficient than joints.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Ever tried a lung? Difficult to make it work right, especially if you're alone, but man its a lot of fun.

Shogun on
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It's not REALLY like smoking 5 cigarettes because I'm not getting nearly as many chemicals as cigarettes contain. I'm sure there some residue herbicides, things like that, but it can't be nearly as bad as what's inside a cigarette.

Endomatic on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Shogun wrote: »

Ever tried a lung? Difficult to make it work right, especially if you're alone, but man its a lot of fun.

I don't know what that is, but I don't pay money for smoking-impliments.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

I don't know what that is, but I don't pay money for smoking-impliments.

It will require a 2-liter bottle, a bag from a loaf of bread, and some duct tape. If you can't McGuyver this thing together you don't deserve to be smoking.

Cut the buttom off the 2-liter bottle. Put the open end of the bread bag around the now bottom-less 2-liter and thoroughly tape that shit to create a solid seal. Just shove as much of the bag inside the 2-liter as possible. Now take off the cap and rig up a bowl. I prefer not to use aluminum foil, and I hope you do too, if you don't you suck, but whatever rig up a bowl and load up whatever you plan on smoking. (I know, I know but I don't feel like getting my cock chopped off for saying something 'illegal')

This part works best with 2 people. Light whatever it is you're smoking and slowly pull the bag out of the inside of the 2-liter. It should be filling with a very large volume of smoke. Remove the bowl and inhale. A simple lung.

Shogun on
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I know this will sound dumb, but I'm SUCH a lightweight when it comes to weed I prefer to smoke the shittier stuff out of small pipes or joints, that way I can regulate how high I get a lot easier.

The last time I smoked out of a bong I was comatose for like 10 hours.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    geckahngeckahn Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah. Lungs can get you pretty fucked.

geckahn on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Shoggoth wrote: »
    I know this will sound dumb, but I'm SUCH a lightweight when it comes to weed I prefer to smoke the shittier stuff out of small pipes or joints, that way I can regulate how high I get a lot easier.

The last time I smoked a bong I was comatose for like 10 hours.

Really? Man I'm a lightweight with booze. Like 3 or 4 beers in a short amount of time and I get stupid. I'm always smoking though. Not always, but pretty close.

Shogun on
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Really? Man I'm a lightweight with booze. Like 3 or 4 beers in a short amount of time and I get stupid. I'm always smoking though. Not always, but pretty close.

Yeah some of my friends are like that, either can drink a lot of booze or smoke a lot of weed but not both.

Then again a lot of them can and will do everything.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Yeah some of my friends are like that, either can drink a lot of booze or smoke a lot of weed but not both.

Then again a lot of them can and will do everything.

Eh I don't get too crazy with the drugs. I had a hot minute with painkillers and recognized how dangerous it was, not to mention how much they cost. Its absurd. I tripped *way* too hard on mushrooms so I've no real desire to do them again. I guess I just enjoy smoking some good bud and not taking it past that heh. Maybe take a valium now and again but I don't do any hard shit.

Shogun on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm a lightweight with all. And I smoke so infrequently, intentionally, that I take 2 big bong hits and I'm giggling for hours.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    geckahngeckahn Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I build up virtually no resistance to pot. I literally will get high and stay high for the next 6 hours, ever fucking time.

Due to this I cannot smoke during daylight hours or my entire day is fucked up.

geckahn on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'm a lightweight with all. And I smoke so infrequently, intentionally, that I take 2 big bong hits and I'm giggling for hours.

I take tolerance breaks regularly. A couple weeks ago I was smoking multiple bowls a day of very good bud. I breaked for 3 days and I'm back to smoking one bowl a night. Lately I haven't been able to finish the one hah. Its nice to get that toasted again.

Shogun on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    This is not going to be a thread where you swap drug-taking techniques and stories about how fucking high you got that one time. It stops now.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    The Cat wrote: »
    This is not going to be a thread where you swap drug-taking techniques and stories about how fucking high you got that one time. It stops now.

Should we change the title, then?

Shogun on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Should we change the title, then?

Go back and read the OP. There is your topic. If that's all talked out, its lock time.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    lunasealunasea Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Marijuana, depending on the method of delivery, can be just as safe as ingesting food. Bongs, vaporizers, and cooking eliminates the harmful carcinogens in weed. Bongs filter out the chemicals as the smoke travels through the water, hence the nastiness of bong water. Vaporizers simply release the cannaboid's in weed with a smoke-free delivery. Marijuana can be as safe as swimming in the backyard.

lunasea on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Got any studies demonstrating that effect? Far as I know, water isn't a selective filter that grabs everything bad for you and only lets the fun stuff through.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Got any studies demonstrating that effect? Far as I know, water isn't a selective filter that grabs everything bad for you and only lets the fun stuff through.

Correct. Water actually filters out more THC than carcinogens.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

One of my friends built a gravity bong using an ancient gasmask as the inhaler. it was fucking brutal.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Correct. Water actually filters out more THC than carcinogens.

This is not true. Water does indeed filter out some THC, however according to this study

Nicholas Cozzi, Effects of Water Filtration on Marijuana Smoke: A Literature Review, MAPS Newsletter, Vol. IV #2, 1993]

water can remove up to 90% of the carcinogens. I have my own anecdotal evidence as to the effects of water concerning an experiment I performed in my Biology 2 lab. However I wish to keep that to myself since it isn't welcome here.

Edit: Also, if you're interested in any sort of drug, be it you wish to try something new or just want to know how it works, everyone should be familiar with Erowid. If you're doing drugs and not reading Erowid, I'm sorry.

Shogun on
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Guys I haven't smoked in over a week and I feel fucking great. Like yesterday I had the option to buy and declined because shit is really working out for me. I'm on vacation and met a new chick that is fine and for the first time in a long ass time I feel good about myself. So yeah, no need for dope finally.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Fellhand wrote: »
    Guys I haven't smoked in over a week and I feel fucking great. Like yesterday I had the option to buy and declined because shit is really working out for me. I'm on vacation and met a new chick that is fine and for the first time in a long ass time I feel good about myself. So yeah, no need for dope finally.

Wait what dope were you smoking? You should never ever have a need.

Shogun on
  • Options
    MerovingiMerovingi regular
    edited August 2007
    Edit: NVM... just read Cat's post. Grrr. Lame.

Yeah, agreed. If you it becomes a need then you really should take a break. With anything, it's so much more enjoyable if you do it in moderation. I haven't smoked in about two months so I know that when I start smoking again I'll enjoy the hell out of it. Now, I wouldn't normally take such a long break but being unemployed calls for such a measure (IMO). Normally, I'd smoke enough to get decently high every night (or at least a couple of times a week) but once I start to notice it requiring more bud I actually just stop for four to five days. That's plenty enough time before I'm back to normal.

Moderation. It makes everything more enjoyable.... just like weed.

Merovingi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DefunkerDefunker Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Your average smoker doesn't smoke out of bongs because they're trying to filter out the cancer. They smoke out of bongs because it cools the smoke down. Much more pleasant.

Defunker on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MerovingiMerovingi regular
    edited August 2007
    Defunker wrote: »
    Your average smoker doesn't smoke out of bongs because they're trying to filter out the cancer. They smoke out of bongs because it cools the smoke down. Much more pleasant.
    That, and it seems more effective and efficient. At least, for us it does.

Merovingi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HKPacman420HKPacman420 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Smoking out of my buddy's $300 dollar bongs is a awesome [ one is permanently at my house, so I don't have to buy one :) ] but I'd never spend that much on a damn bong. At the same time though, I refuse to smoke out of waterbottle bongs and such, just buy a $80 nice bong, or hell a $20 dollar convience store one :/

Also; with bongs there's no idle burning, so no smoke is wasted.

HKPacman420 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007

One of my close friends died from cancer and it fucking sucked and I kind of fell into it as a habit because of that.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    A friend of mine created a bong out of a Super Soaker. Pumping it drew air in through a valve until the chamber was full, and then it gets shot out at full pressure into your face.

I did it once. I wasn't just high, I was furniture.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    My second year at uni I built a pipe out of some weight lifting bars. It had the cup end protruding from between two arm chairs while the hitting end was supported by a stolen police cone. Fortunately it was a shared house as it was about six foot long and needed someone else to light it.

Gorak on
  • Options
    SamSam Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So is it true what they say about cannabis preventing alzheimer's?

I mean, smug-ass non smokers would have you believe it's the other way around...is there any truth to it though, beyond "lolz i haven't been able to remember shit for years anyway, i feel young"

Sam on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Sam wrote: »

I mean, smug-ass non smokers would have you believe it's the other way around...is there any truth to it though, beyond "lolz i haven't been able to remember shit for years anyway, i feel young"

There is a possibility that smoking prevents alzheimers, but there's nothing proven. There's also a lot of questions that need to be asked pertaining to the effects stimulation of cannibinoid receptors has on the development of tumors.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Really, they should just look into making it legal so more solid scientific research can be done on it and we actually know shit instead of some vague maybes.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Really, they should just look into making it legal so more solid scientific research can be done on it and we actually know shit instead of some vague maybes.

They don't need to legalize it to do more studies or to do unbiased studies. I'm all for legalization, but I'm just saying they can investigate into it without legalization.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Sam wrote: »

There is a possibility that smoking prevents alzheimers, but there's nothing proven. There's also a lot of questions that need to be asked pertaining to the effects stimulation of cannibinoid receptors has on the development of tumors.

I actually read a study that said THC kills cancerous cells. Now finding it on the other hand is going to be a bitch and a half but I'm gonna look.

Also, Fellhand, we don't want cannabis legalized. Anyone who says that doesn't know what they're talking about.

Edit: Little bit of reading material:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729.html

http://www.halexandria.org/dward069.htm

That second link sucks dick. I have the fucking study but every time I try it times out on me. I'll try it again later goddamn you Murphy.

Shogun on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

They don't need to legalize it to do more studies or to do unbiased studies. I'm all for legalization, but I'm just saying they can investigate into it without legalization.

What are the regulations governing what research on marijuana is allowed to find?

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Also, Fellhand, we don't want cannabis legalized. Anyone who says that doesn't know what they're talking about.

I want it legalised and I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Gorak on