Options

[WoW] WoW Expansion info leaked

• Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I don't want to see this shit. Warcraft 3 is nice and all but I want to know more about the Death Knight. I might go back and finish my Paladin before starting a DK.

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Pharezon wrote: »
    VaLiantine wrote: »
    Wow, the feed just went down at Giga.de. And he was getting into the Death Knight...

they just switched over to tournaments wtf.

haha well done. see their traffic drop to 0 right about......now.

ill hit up the full panel videos probably in a few days. 1up has full coverage on the go and a Live 1up yours coming.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    That Dalaran thing is stupid.

So is a whole zone for world pvp. 80% of the characters on Stormrage-EU are Alliance. Blizzard won't address sever imbalances so it's basically an extra Alliance zone.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Javen wrote: »
    Lynx wrote: »

No, starting at level 1 would be much, much better. For one, you actually learn how to play the class instead of just getting a character, and two, Blizzard cares if it's fair because in terms of classes, the game is about balance.

Really? It took you 60 levels to learn how to play your class? Should only take about 10 to get the jist of how it works. . .

Ever notice how people who buy accounts off of ebay are notoriously bad? Why do you suppose that is? Is it because they completely skipped the part that teaches you the fundamentals of the class you're playing? Maybe!

Ever notice how people who are level 20 are notoriously bad?

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    LynxLynx Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

No, starting at level 1 would be much, much better. For one, you actually learn how to play the class instead of just getting a character, and two, Blizzard cares if it's fair because in terms of classes, the game is about balance.

Really? It took you 60 levels to learn how to play your class? Should only take about 10 to get the jist of how it works. . .

Ever notice how people who buy accounts off of ebay are notoriously bad? Why do you suppose that is? Is it because they completely skipped the part that teaches you the fundamentals of the class you're playing? Maybe!

I think its because they've never played before. I've played most of the classes to some degree, but I know the game. It wouldn't take me very long to learn the specifics of the class.

Lynx on
  • Options
    terminal stupidityterminal stupidity Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

This is a poor argument. WoW is so easy that even dumbasses who don't buy their characters can get to the level cap and still suck hard.

Playing a character well is more dependent on you wanting to play that character well and not being an idiot, rather than how long you've played that character.

While someone with 300 days on a single class will be better at it than someone with 30 days on that class, assuming all other things even, the person with 30 days can still be an excellent player of that class.

MMOs are not rocket science. Dumbasses who buy characters play badly because they're too dumb to play well and too lazy to learn to play better, not because they bought characters.

terminal stupidity on
  • Options
    AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007

I think its because they've never played before. I've played most of the classes to some degree, but I know the game. It wouldn't take me very long to learn the specifics of the class.
    This is very, very true. For instance, my friends and I all know each other's accounts so we can hop on when that person isn't there and we need their class. I've found that everything I've learned about the game leveling my character makes it incredibly easy to hop onto their characters, spend about a half-hour or so figuring out their abilities and learning strategies, and then play them with decent competency. Sure I'm not as good as they are, since they've had their characters a lot longer, however if I had an entire 10 or 20 levels to try out all the character's abilities, I'm sure I could do just as well.

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Rami wrote: »
    So is a whole zone for world pvp. 80% of the characters on Stormrage-EU are Alliance. Blizzard won't address sever imbalances so it's basically an extra Alliance zone.

I feel your pain. Halaa is in Alliance hands 99% of the time on Greymane. Sometimes it'll switch to Horde for 15 minutes when a lot of people need to turn in their dust, but the allies inevitably retake it. Same thng with most of the world PvP areas. Although there's lots of cool stuff that could be done with a capturable PvP zone, I'd rather not see an entire zone that apparently affects most of Northrend be permanently in Alliance hands.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    MetalChickenMetalChicken Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    "The sinister serpentine race is using massive generators to melt the surrounding glaciers and ice caps, threatening to flood the entire region."

Oh shit, looks like they've got Al Gore to write the story.

MetalChicken on
  • Options
    terminal stupidityterminal stupidity Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    "The sinister serpentine race is using massive generators to melt the surrounding glaciers and ice caps, threatening to flood the entire region."

So, when we stop the melting, we can expect a bag of moon sapphires as a reward?

terminal stupidity on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

We just need to get the Draenei to go find an ice planet and just start dropping ice cubes in the ocean every so many years.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    eelektrik wrote: »

We just need to get the Draenei to go find an ice planet and just start dropping ice cubes in the ocean every so many years.

408nl-16.jpg

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    KronusKronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    DALARAN!

FLYING MOUNTS!!

YES! Kirin Tor moved it to Northrend. :lol:

Dalaran...that's the city that's currently under the big protective pink magic dome, correct?

Yes they moved it to Northrend to fight against the blue dragonflight. It'll be the Shattrath of Dalaran.

Whaaaaaa?! I missed the part about the Blue Dragonflight, did they say why Kirin Tor would want to fight them?

Kronus on
  • Options
    NORNOR Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

In my experience 95-98% of players are really bad. Maybe it's because people are just stupid?

NOR on
    Swehehehehehahahahahahahahahawhawhawhaw
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Kronus wrote: »
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    DALARAN!

FLYING MOUNTS!!

YES! Kirin Tor moved it to Northrend. :lol:

Dalaran...that's the city that's currently under the big protective pink magic dome, correct?

Yes they moved it to Northrend to fight against the blue dragonflight. It'll be the Shattrath of Dalaran.

Whaaaaaa?! I missed the part about the Blue Dragonflight, did they say why Kirin Tor would want to fight them?

Malygos and the Blue Dragonflight have gone insane and want to kill all magic users now.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Malygos and the Blue Dragonflight have gone insane and want to kill all magic users now.

. . .are you serious? Because if you are, I'm REALLY getting sick of "X has gone insane and are now EEEEEEEEVIL!"

At least Arthas is sane. He's just evil because he's an asshole.

Lynx on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

. . .are you serious? Because if you are, I'm REALLY getting sick of "X has gone insane and are now EEEEEEEEVIL!"

Malygos has a right to be insane though. He's been alone without his flight for thousands of years.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Where are you seeing all this Dalaran stuff?

Also, Malygos has always been hostile to anyone not a blue dragonflight. His lair is surrounded with corpses of idiots who try to take his magical treasure or something.
    It would be cool if Arthas managed to defeat him and make him part of the Scourge. You could have a huge dragon flying around with a huge cone of ice stuck through his chest.

MetalChicken on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Malygos has a right to be insane though. He's been alone without his flight for thousands of years.

Didn't Krasus fix that, though?

I dunno how ok I am with killing a Dragon Aspect. Like, if it was Deathwing, that's one thing. But Malygos? I dunno. . .

Lynx on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Another lore 180 so they can make dragons raid bosses. Malygos went insane because his whole flight was wiped out, he came around enough to help Alexstrasza and and the blue flight was restored with their help, and he was fine.

If Malygos is a raid boss WoW can go fuck itself.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Didn't Krasus fix that, though?

I dunno how ok I am with killing a Dragon Aspect. Like, if it was Deathwing, that's one thing. But Malygos? I dunno. . .
    WoWWiki wrote:
    After Deathwing was defeated and the Demon Soul destroyed, Malygos seemed to reclaim the vitality of his former self. Rhonin the mage destroyed the artifact using a scale of Deathwing and with a spell, all the magic and power of the Demon Soul]was transfered back to the other Great Aspects, returning their full power to them. As promised, Alexstrasza helped reunite what members of the Blue Dragonflight she could. Although still a sparsely populated dragonflight, the blue brood grows slowly, giving hope to Malygos.
    What. The. Fuck. Blizz.

Kronus on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Well, apparently, there were people riding around on blue dragons in one of the videos. So, all of the Blues seem to have not gone insane. That's. . .good, I guess?

Maybe when you *cringe* beat Malygos, one of the sane blue dragons becomes the new Aspect? I guess that could work. . .

Also, since people bitched about not having much interaction with Illidan outside of being the last raid boss of the expansion, part of the Death Knight quest will take you on a journey to meet him. Neat!

Finally, there's one more raid zone coming before the expansion that's not Zul'Aman (Since we already know about Zul'Aman). Grim Batol, maybe?

Lynx on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Rami wrote: »
    Another lore 180 so they can make dragons raid bosses. Malygos went insane because his whole flight was wiped out, he came around enough to help Alexstrasza and and the blue flight was restored with their help, and he was fine.

If Malygos is a raid boss WoW can go fuck itself.

WoW's "lore" sucks balls. Do you really, honestly care if they retcon it as usual?

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Honestly? If the game is still fun, I don't care the least bit

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Seriously. If I really cared about WoW's plot, I wouldn't be playing it, its terrible. The gameplay is all that matters.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Seriously. If I really cared about WoW's plot, I wouldn't be playing it, its terrible. The gameplay is all that matters.

That still doesn't explain why your playing WoW then.

Hoho! Inquisitor, away!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I can't look at those vrykul and not think about Chaos. But that's probably because both of them were inspired by vikings.

MetalChicken on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    WoW doesnt have a plot per se cause its an MMO. But the universe, the mythos the characters and locations are all pretty cool.

This is, considering the crushing embarasment it is for me to admit this, WoW is my first Warcraft game. I didnt play and still have not played WC123 or frozen throne. So WoW is and was my entire reference for the lore and its pretty good. I like it.

But killing shit like Kel Thuzad and Kael Thas doesnt really have the same impact for me as for my guildies cause I have no fucking clue who they are except these cool looking badass boss monsters.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    WoW doesnt have a plot per se cause its an MMO. But the universe, the mythos the characters and locations are all pretty cool.

This is, considering the crushing embarasment it is for me to admit this, WoW is my first Warcraft game. I didnt play and still have not played WC123 or frozen throne. So WoW is and was my entire reference for the lore and its pretty good. I like it.

But killing shit like Kel Thuzad and Kael Thas doesnt really have the same impact for me as for my guildies cause I have no fucking clue who they are except these cool looking badass boss monsters.

Remedy this now. NOW.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I wish they would just advance the plot past "Kill enemy X because he's evil." It just seems that no matter who dies, nothing really happens. You'd think the deaths of all of these major characters would have some impact on the world. Warcraft lore was pretty intricate and deep until WoW came along, and I only discovered this when I started to read WoWWiki. (I spent hours and hours reading lore. It was fun!) It seemed like they were going somewhere with the Warcraft story. But now? Not.

And if there are no readable books in Northrend, I'm going to fucking kill someone. Biggest mistake of TBC ever.

Kronus on
  • Options
    Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    With Death Knight and hero classes a reality. What hero classes could we see in the future?

Warden? Ranged CC/DPS class
    Blademaster? High DPS/Anti-Melee class
    Spell-Breaker? Anti-Caster/Advanced Magic CC/Protection (polymorph multiple enemies at once?)

Really makes me think what other classes Blizz potentially is considering. Because there IS going to be more than one Hero class in the future.

Black_Heart on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Frankly I don't give two shits about the integrity of WoW's plot. They could announce tomorrow that Thrall defected and is now Arthas' second in command and that would be fine by me. Seriously, it's an MMO. The story is just fluff to introduce new raids.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Remedy this now. NOW.

More than one person has said exactly that.

Shit, my jobs probably on the line.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    Frankly I don't give two shits about the integrity of WoW's plot. They could announce tomorrow that Thrall defected and is now Arthas' second in command and that would be fine by me. Seriously, it's an MMO. The story is just fluff to introduce new raids.

See, pre-WoW, it wasn't. It, like Starcraft, had a pretty good story for a video game. Now, Lore has been reduced to nothing more then an excuse for a dungeon. Especially with the expansions.

Sadly, they have now broken me. Even after BC, there was still a small part of me that thought "Ok, the lores not screwed up TOO bad. It still works".

Now? I just don't care anymore. Warcraft Lore has died (or at least, they've dug up it's corpse and shot it in the face a few times, just to make sure). Death Knight looks cool. I'm excited.

shryke on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Remedy this now. NOW.

So what do you want them to do?

Put an offline campaign in the middle of an MMOG so you can get some exposition on the characters and how they interact with the world?

There IS plot in WoW, just no one cares to find it or read it. READ YOUR QUEST TEXTS!

Seriously, how the fuck do you implement a plot and see the influence characters have on others when you've got 9 million people playing the game online? Do you want there to be huge cutscenes in every dungeon before you fight a boss?

Give me a realistic gameplay design in an MMOG that fully explores the lore so that everyone can't avoid it.

Black_Heart on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    With Death Knight and hero classes a reality. What hero classes could we see in the future?

Warden? Ranged CC/DPS class
    Blademaster? High DPS/Anti-Melee class
    Spell-Breaker? Anti-Caster/Advanced Magic CC/Protection (polymorph multiple enemies at once?)

Really makes me think what other classes Blizz potentially is considering. Because there IS going to be more than one Hero class in the future.

Dark Ranger or regular Ranger hell yeah.

Or a Shadow Hunter - Being able to polymorph someone (with hexx) that won't break if you attack him.

MetalChicken on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Remedy this now. NOW.

So what do you want them to do?

Put an offline campaign in the middle of an MMOG so you can get some exposition on the characters and how they interact with the world?

There IS plot in WoW, just no one cares to find it or read it. READ YOUR QUEST TEXTS!

Seriously, how the fuck do you implement a plot and see the influence characters have on others when you've got 9 million people playing the game online? Do you want there to be huge cutscenes in every dungeon before you fight a boss?

Give me a realistic gameplay design in an MMOG that fully explores the lore so that everyone can't avoid it.

He meants I should remedy my lack of playing Warcraft games, not the lack of a plot in WoW

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I think you're all missing the point of this new XP

New Dances

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    He meants I should remedy my lack of playing Warcraft games, not the lack of a plot in WoW

Ohh sorry.

I just see so many people complaining that the lore in WoW sucks, when Blizz is doing the best they can to keep it in game and affect players who are interested in it.

Black_Heart on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I can't look at those vrykul and think about Chaos. But that's probably because both of them were inspired by vikings.

The 'Vrykyl' are a race of undead knights from the Sovereign Stone trilogy of books.

So the vrykul... giant evil vikings that fight for their god to become undead warriors... yeah, kinda sounds like they were inspired by Chaos/Vrykyl.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png