As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There is a brand new STEAM thread for this sale now

• Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    My suggestions (sadly not on steam):
    Master of Orion 3 (win a game)
    Tribes: Vengence (finish campaign)
    Swat 4 (non lethal every level)

My Suggestions (is on steam)
    Just Cause
    Flatout 3
    Darkest of Days

I notice a lot of games get crappy at the third installment.

While I like it (bold) it's far from cruel. That's like saying, gorge yourself on sundays. I'm in for $10 btw. I'll just cut my winter sale back more then I had already planned:)

-- little out of place, but ... this is still on:)

Choose a game (from list) raffle -- 2 winners - repost

To: List.SecuritySection8@Imperium.DS7.security.gov

Subject: Security breach. Bonus opportunity available

Body:
    As you all very well know, last week we had a rather major security breach in section 8... YOUR section. Several of the rebel scum managed to infiltrate through a security
    hole the designers of this fortress overlooked. Luckily only one landed close enough to have time to make of with data before our department got the place on lockdown. While that
    response time is a testament to my training, that data was valuable and this is not good enough.

Since y'all seem to be incapable of doing your jobs for your normal wages, management has decided to implement a one time only bonus for the tracking down of this security
    hole. We were able to trance the rebels landing location but unfortunately only managed to extrapolate the distance to their entry point and not actually location of it. Blame
    this on the fact that we only had the delay from landing and a broad section level security alert to go on. I will attach a list of all know landing points and distance to entry
    for our rebel scum.

Its your job as security for this section to use this data to extrapolate the precise point of entry so that our engineering detail can devise a patch. If you manage to
    locate the point of entry you'll be entered into a raffle that the department head, me, will run for your choice of one item on the attached prize list. This is just
    a little extra incentive for you all to work quick. Remember, the Empire does not look well on failure and I don't think any of us want another visit from Lord Vader.
    Good luck everyone. If everyone works together we can eliminate the rebel threat forever.

So, since I know how much you security guys enjoy reading I'm gonna condense this so I'm sure everyone gets the jist:

Use the attached distances to a common point below to find said common point. If you succeed you will be entered into a raffle with 2 drawings for your choice of one of the games on the other attached list.

Get cracking
    Security Chief
    -Olsen

Attachment 1: (click to read)
    01) (32,66) D = 5 * sqrt(2)
    02) (47,63) D = 4 * sqrt(29)
    03) (57,82) D = sqrt(1021)
    04) (78,92) D = sqrt(3042)
    05) (17,84) D = sqrt(269)
    06) (27,14) D = 57
    07) (21,39) D = sqrt(1060)
    08) (13,49) D = sqrt(680)
    09) (9,99) D = sqrt(1108)
    10) (7,7) D = sqrt(4496)
    11) (41,32) D = sqrt(1717)

First roll will get first choice, Second roll will get second choice.
    Attachment 2: (click to read)
    (Sorry for the cheap games -- All I can do right now and still good games:)
    - Magicka Collection + The Stars Are Left DLC
    - Sword of the Stars Collection
    - Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter
    - Victoria II

Entries: 4
    Days: 3

hints:
    1) trilateralization
    2) circles
    3) coords are integers

striderjg on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Rogue Warrior was pretty bad wasn't it?

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I'm in for $9 just to make the total divisible by 10

Thank god.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    staplerofpaperstaplerofpaper Registered User regular
    Popping in like I do every 100 months to say I can't give much, but I just sent $10 to Child's Play. I don't know if someone needs proof sent somewhere, just let me know. Sorry I'm tired if this information is somewhere already.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm in for $9 just to make the total divisible by 10

I would bump it to 1609 just to make it a prime number, but it wouldn't last

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    I could LP my attempt to learn Ruby and make a game in RPG Maker...but, uh, I think that'd be more terrible for all of you than me. :P

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    kalkal Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Btz14.jpg

Ok so these donations are for PA forumer anoffday to complete an LP of Bad Rats before the start of the Steam Winter Sale on 12/20. The Donations will go to Child's Play at the completion.

Donations will be accepted up until the start of the Steam Holiday Sale

Attained Golas
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    If you all raise, let's give you a challenge, $1,225 dollars then I will LP something of your choosing from my Steam library. If someone is willing to gift me something (I am kinda broke) and the community wants me to LP that, then I will begrudgingly accept the gift.
    Shit, If it hits $1,500 I'll LP Bad Rats and I'll even enjoy it.
    Ruiner999 wrote: »
    I don't have a means to donate currently, but I'll tell you something I will do. For a paltry donation of $10 to this cause, I'll write a song complete with lyrics, vocals, and a bitching solo to be the theme of this horrible game's playing. All songs will be offered up for free download on Soundcloud in WAV, FLAC, and MP3 so you can hear how awful I am.

Ongoing Goals
    Also, for paltrier donations of $5 to this cause, I'll write you your own theme song, replete with "[Blank] is the best!" and gang vocals.  All songs will be offered up for free download on Soundcloud in WAV, FLAC, and MP3 so you can hear how awful I am.

Forumers owe'd a song

Gear Girl
    kal
    Banzai5150
    Dahkath

Current Goals
    InkSplat wrote: »
    If someone can think of something for me to do at $2k, I'm willing to offer myself up. I'm not a forum celeb or anything, but offer is on the table! :P
    milski wrote: »
    I'll also volunteer my services for a let's play or (most) anything else if we can reach 2k, and put me in for $15 because I hate myself love you guys hate myself.
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    My brother has agreed to do an LP with me, separate from my solo..."experience", if you can all raise $2,500.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NO ACTUAL DONATIONS NEED TO GO OUT AT THIS TIME.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CURRENT DONATIONS

Elvenshae $350.00
    KafkaAU $250.00
    Big Isy $200.00
    Banzai5150 $100.00 + $5.00 for a Ruiner999 theme song +$3.00 for some milski Dredmore play throughs
    Idx86 for $50.00
    Undead Scottsman for $50.00
    Iolo for $50.00 (in DS games)
    Roshin $50.00
    testsubject23 $40.00
    simac $30 (worth of Xbox games)
    SoulGate $30.00
    Gear Girl $25.00 (donation confirmed) + $25.00 for a song from Ruiner999
    kal $25.00 + $5.00 for a Ruiner999 theme song
    aerynkelly $25.00
    Lord Yod $25.00
    RandomHajile $25.00 (for something from the Amazon wishlist for Cincinnati Children's Hospital)
    Incindium $20.00
    Minor Incident $20.00
    Lord_Snot $20.00
    anoffday $20.00
    Dire Jay $20.00
    Dahkath $20.00 + $5.00 for a Ruiner999 theme song
    Gaardean $20.00 (donation confirmed)
    vegeta_666 $15.00
    milski $15.00
    AnakinOU $11.00
    shdwcaster $10.00
    Maz- $10.00
    SoundsPlush $10.00
    joshgotro for $10.00
    Elbasunu $10.00
    UreshiiAkuma $10.00
    Elin $10.00
    rikdaly $10.00
    Custom Special $10.00
    Krummith $10.00
    Stragint $10.00
    cardboard delusions $10.00
    Viking $10.00
    CorporateRed $10.00
    striderjg $10.00
    initiatefailure $10.00
    staplerofpaper $10.00
    bloodatonement $9.00

Total

$1728.00

Post for the new page. I'll keep this one updated as we go along.

kal on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Also, as an additional minor incentive for roguelike fans: for every dollar you give and mention me with an @Milski, I will run 1 character of your choice in 1 free roguelike of your choice (or Dredmore, and I loathe Dredmore) and give you a brief epithet of their inevitable failure.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Hey!

Who wants Max Payne 3?

5618.jpg

In order to get the url for this SteamGifts giveaway, write something Noir-ish and PM it to me.

Here's an example:

215123817_97Z7w-L-2.jpg

I'm not sure how many entries I'll be allowing into the contest, but I'm also not sure how many people don't own this already.

I'll announce it if I'm not taking any more.

Also, while I'm bumping this, thanks to @Heatwave for Dawn of War!

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Popping in like I do every 100 months to say I can't give much, but I just sent $10 to Child's Play. I don't know if someone needs proof sent somewhere, just let me know. Sorry I'm tired if this information is somewhere already.

I think we do need proof.
    mhpVN.png

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Oh, in that case my next options would be 1621 or 1627.

• Options

yeah i guess for now just shoot me a pm with a screen shot of it and ill put you down as confirmed so Rorus can keep you off his naughty list.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Okay, so you guys may remember me talking about my wife's extended stay in the hospital, and how I couldn't imagine the same experience with a kid, and thus how I am a big believer in Child's Play. This event just reaffirms the amazing warmth of this community (in making someone play a terrible game so that sick kids can play games). With my wife's medical bills, our finances are stretched to the limit. I was barely able to justify a purchase of the THQ Bundle, with most of the money going to Child's Play. (As a side note, I wonder how much money went to charity on the THQ bundle...)

HOWEVER!

My Christmas gift from my parents always involves some Amazon gift cards. So I'm down for around $25 for something from the Amazon wishlist for Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Added to the spreadsheet.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I almost forgot, every few years I ask if they made a Super Sentai/Power Rangers villain sim and every time I am disappointed.

They haven't yet, but standing up straight, screwing my face into a scowl, grabbing my penis, and yelling "WAAAAND! MAKE MY MONSTER... GROOOOOOWWWWW!!!" in my best Rita Repulsa voice has been a core component of my foreplay repertoire for the past few years.
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    Pussy ass Rogue fuckin' Warrior was fuckin' pretty fuckin' shitass goatfuck bad enough to suck my hairy nuts wasn't it, bitch ass piss motherfuckers?

NSFW, this is an actual gameplay montage:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy8bfp5D7pg

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CFF3sG0CI0

Is this game perhaps too good? "Long range varmint hunting" sounds less painful than brushing unicorns for crystals.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Okay, so you guys may remember me talking about my wife's extended stay in the hospital, and how I couldn't imagine the same experience with a kid, and thus how I am a big believer in Child's Play. This event just reaffirms the amazing warmth of this community (in making someone play a terrible game so that sick kids can play games). With my wife's medical bills, our finances are stretched to the limit. I was barely able to justify a purchase of the THQ Bundle, with most of the money going to Child's Play. (As a side note, I wonder how much money went to charity on the THQ bundle...)

HOWEVER!

My Christmas gift from my parents always involves some Amazon gift cards. So I'm down for around $25 for something from the Amazon wishlist for Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Added to the spreadsheet.

That's awesome, and it looks like it brings the total on the spreadsheet to $1645!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An8p__buB1QxdHBNcGlkcUU1X2FWNEhtUWQtbmg5OUE

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Given all the LP pledges of terrible games these last couple days it seems only fitting that there's a bunch of Nickelback Rocksmith DLC that just came out. Which of you has a guitar?
    That's just EVIL.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Given all the LP pledges of terrible games these last couple days it seems only fitting that there's a bunch of Nickelback Rocksmith DLC that just came out. Which of you has a guitar?

for the moment I'm just going to add myself to the donation list for $10, BUT... if I get either of the jobs I interviewed for this week I would totally do this.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    (As a side note, I wonder how much money went to charity on the THQ bundle...)

i gave most of my money to THQ considering that as charity.

kal on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    GaardeanGaardean Registered User regular
    Classiest forums ever! I'll toss $20 into the pile.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I don't have a means to donate currently, but I'll tell you something I will do. For a paltry donation of $10 to this cause, I'll write a song complete with lyrics, vocals, and a bitching solo to be the theme of this horrible game's playing. Also, for paltrier donations of $5 to this cause, I'll write you your own theme song, replete with "[Blank] is the best!" and gang vocals. All songs will be offered up for free download on Soundcloud in WAV, FLAC, and MP3 so you can hear how awful I am.

I'm already in for a Benjamin but put me down for another $5 so that @Ruiner999 has to write me my own theme song!
    Also, as an additional minor incentive for roguelike fans: for every dollar you give and mention me with an @Milski, I will run 1 character of your choice in 1 free roguelike of your choice (or Dredmore, and I loathe Dredmore) and give you a brief epithet of their inevitable failure.

Hell, for an extra Dollar I get @Milski to play through Dredmore as Me and get his Epitaph? Put me in for another $1 for NetHack as well.. and while we're at it Elona too. That's what $3 total?

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Man, I have been catching up on this thread so long that I didn't even realize what time it is. I have got to get to bed.

Try not to fill up another thread overnight... okay, fellas?

RandomHajile on
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    I think we should try and find a copy of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/big-rigs-over-the-road-racing

For Rorus to LP...

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    RichardRichard Registered User regular
    @kal Should know better than to steal from Omar aka kal but thanks for Saints Row 3.

• Options
    Richard wrote: »
    @kal Should know better than to steal from Omar aka kal but thanks for Saints Row 3.

hah enjoy sir

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DahkathDahkath Registered User regular
    I don't have a means to donate currently, but I'll tell you something I will do. For a paltry donation of $10 to this cause, I'll write a song complete with lyrics, vocals, and a bitching solo to be the theme of this horrible game's playing. Also, for paltrier donations of $5 to this cause, I'll write you your own theme song, replete with "[Blank] is the best!" and gang vocals. All songs will be offered up for free download on Soundcloud in WAV, FLAC, and MP3 so you can hear how awful I am.

What? Theme Songs? Put me down for another 5. Looks like I have a new ringtone!

• Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Oh Steam thread... I step out for a day and the class is overflowing the place, spilling out everywhere, getting into your shoes.

I would like to pledge $40 to the ongoing let's play roundup. For the kids... and the schadenfreude.

In honor of this auspicious occasion, along with the season and the impending sale... I decided to make Steamgifts giveaways 'til I can't make no more Steamgifts giveaways. :)
    May I humbly present my 2012 Gift Wall (partially spoilered for length):

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png
    signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    DahkathDahkath Registered User regular
    On top of my monetary contributions, I'd like to donate a Steam game to the highest bidder.

I have a copy of Bioshock 2 for the person who contributes the most to the cause. Anyone else want to kick something in to entice some more bidders? It wouldn't be a Steam thread project if free games aren't sailing around the place.

• Options
    slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    Holy shit, thanks! ^^

Eating up all my points haha

• Options
    Daaamn.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »
    Incindium wrote: »
    I think we should try and find a copy of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/big-rigs-over-the-road-racing

For Rorus to LP...

I don't think that game is beatable, considering the noclip through bridges and whatnot.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Oh it's beatable, you just have to make sure to rev your engine all the way up into reverse town for maximum winninnations, just like with real big rig racers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHkTgihsnaU

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    BornToHulaBornToHula Registered User regular
    PM me or message me on Steam for song details chatifying. I need details bruhs.

steam_sig.png

Origin is the exact same as my Steam, in case you're needing a Support or Assault in BF3.
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    paging @minor incident steamgifts has a marked as received box that it would like to have checked

• Options
    edited December 2012
    iRevert wrote: »
    paging @minor incident steamgifts has a marked as received box that it would like to have checked

I totally checked that off. Is it claiming I didn't?

Edit: just went back and double checked. Apparently it unchecked my box. Just tried it again. Let me know if it sticks.

minor incident on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    I tided up the spread sheet, moved the totals into a new column that will auto-calculate all of column B. I've also added milestone goals and their amounts. I left off the song goal.

@minor incident I would recommend removing edit privileges to anyone with the link before we get trolled hard.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    So now that I have an Awesome theme song being composed by @Ruiner999 and possible Roguelike play throughs by @Milski... I'm going to throw this out here: If you have some artistic ability and no funds to donate at this time, I'll donate for you in exchange for something cool.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

I'm already in for a Benjamin but put me down for another $5 so that @Ruiner999 has to write me my own theme song!

Hell, for an extra Dollar I get @Milski to play through Dredmore as Me and get his Epitaph? Put me in for another $1 for NetHack as well.. and while we're at it Elona too. That's what $3 total?

I'm not a Pizza hut; I don't mind if you claim two offers at once.

If you want another five characters to go along with your song, be my guest. And if you want any specifics on the characters, feel free. Besides making me play Dredmore, just playing a roguelike doesn't really make me suffer.

Oh, and Elona is gonna be completely blind, so you aren't going to get much out of that one.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    I tided up the spread sheet, moved the totals into a new column that will auto-calculate all of column B. I've also added milestone goals and their amounts. I left off the song goal.

@minor incident I would recommend removing edit privileges to anyone with the link before we get trolled hard.

Looks nice, thanks for cleaning things up! I just locked it back down for the night, so as not to get trolled while I'm sleeping. It's not a big deal during the day because it's easy to rollback any changes, though, so I'll probably unlock it again when I wake up.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

I'm not a Pizza hut; I don't mind if you claim two offers at once.

If you want another five characters to go along with your song, be my guest. And if you want any specifics on the characters, feel free.

If only each character's epitaph could be sung.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
This discussion has been closed.