Options

The Phalla Arcade Expo: MAFIA VICTORY (Also B:L and Langly)

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Removing T_A is more of a net positive for the village than Assuran

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    What benefits who now?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I mostly just wanted to work net into that sentence

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I am, for the moment, caught up. I just felt like recording that. And now I'm gone until until like 4.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Assuran's way of presenting the microphalla as proof of his innocence strikes me as mildly suspicious. The only reason I'm not voting for him today is that I'm curious to see what, if anything, comes out of the microphalla.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    YOUR POSTS ARE INCREASINGLY INCOHERENT AND DEVOID OF MESSAGE. YOU MUST BE ROLEPLAYING. WHAT A TRAGEDY.

MAFIA ABILITIES ARE CHOSEN WITH CARE, WHEN YOUR NAME ISN'T ASSURAN OR TRV, BECAUSE IT'S AN IMPORTANT PART OF GAME BALANCE. GIVING THE MAFIA AN ABILITY WHICH IS GOING TO EITHER A) OUT THEM ALL IF THEY COORDINATE USE OF IT TO BENEFIT THEMSELVES PRIMARILY OR B) BENEFIT A WHOLE LOT OF VILLAGES MOST LIKELY IS RETARDED.

You say that as if you expect modern phallas to be balanced.

Based on the OP, powers are tied to roles, and roles are randomized. Then, the mafia roles are randomized amongst them. It could be possible that the mafia has no powers and they have to make due with whatever player role power they have, or an alternative is that they have player role powers and mafia role powers together.

It bears investigating.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    IF THE PHALLA WAS INDEED "BALANCED" ALONG THOSE LINES I WOULD FORFEIT MY CAPACITY TO GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME, HONESTLY.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Yeah. Who would make an unbalanced game?

*cough*Farangu*cough

• Options
    IF THE PHALLA WAS INDEED "BALANCED" ALONG THOSE LINES I WOULD FORFEIT MY CAPACITY TO GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME, HONESTLY.

It is actually Infidel-style, soooooo. :)

See Mario Kart, League of Legends, etc.

It is the way to prevent rolecalls, which people legitimately have a problem with. Not the RANDOM BULLSHIT ARHGGHGHGHGH complaint of yours.

You're saying that the broken ability to prove yourself in the middle of day 1 is obviously the situation over "roles are random" as precedented by other games and seemingly indicated in the very OP because... you don't like it?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Infidel wrote: »

It is the way to prevent rolecalls, which people legitimately have a problem with. Not the RANDOM BULLSHIT ARHGGHGHGHGH complaint of yours.

You're saying that the broken ability to prove yourself in the middle of day 1 is obviously the situation over "roles are random" as precedented by other games and seemingly indicated in the very OP because... you don't like it?

I'M OBJECTING TO THE NOTION OF MAFIOSO AND VILLAGER POWER SETS BEING TOTALLY RANDOMIZED, NOT TO THE NOTION OF PREVENTING ROLE CALLS.

• Options
    BECAUSE IT'S A REAL GOOD WAY TO POTENTIALLY GIMP ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER.

• Options

I'M OBJECTING TO THE NOTION OF MAFIOSO AND VILLAGER POWER SETS BEING TOTALLY RANDOMIZED, NOT TO THE NOTION OF PREVENTING ROLE CALLS.

And as I just explained, this is Infidel-style and seemingly the style of this game. I am explicitly talking about powers being randomed to the mafia.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Yeah I agree with infidel and others.

A self confirm role on day one seems more imbalanced than what random roles might do.

It's like the change from pokemon yellow to emerald green

Langly on
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Plus you could always make all the crazy roles and assign a few folks to 'traditional' roles. You can randomize the crazies, and then put the traditional roles in places that helps balance the game.

That's how i would approach it, at least.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Langly likes Pokemon. Fyi.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Randomize Everything!

so sayeth THE MOON!

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Langly likes Pokemon. Fyi.

Who doesn't?

The mafia, that's who.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Hey I guess I should post in here or something whatever.

What's new, guys?

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    i remain unconvinced that the ability to run a micro in the game somehow proves he is aligned with the village

besides, agree langly and noone can explain

campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Hey I guess I should post in here or something whatever.

What's new, guys?

banter and languid argumentation, not candid evaluation

campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Look I know big words-don't vote for me.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Look I know big words-don't vote for me.

Pff. Possessing an inordinately oversized vocabulary? Stereotypical antagonist motion!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    Preposterous.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    What the fornication is transpiring?

• Options

And as I just explained, this is Infidel-style and seemingly the style of this game. I am explicitly talking about powers being randomed to the mafia.

I COULD GIVE LESS THAN HALF A FUCK WHO STYLE IT IS.

• Options
    It might be very much of interest to everyone here when you are all WHO FUCKING DOES THAT?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    It might be very much of interest to everyone here when you are all WHO FUCKING DOES THAT?

You're not being nearly bossy enough for your role!

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    I am actually following the strategem of another player, but I don't think it would be easy to figure out who yet.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Is Fiaryn just playing himself?

What a doofus

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Fiaryn obviously isn't enjoying himself. Let's help him with that.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    I am actually following the strategem of another player, but I don't think it would be easy to figure out who yet.

Did you claim invincibility at any point?

• Options
    Megafrost wrote: »

Did you claim invincibility at any point?

Not yet.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    It seems entirely possible that all the roles are completely randomized. I would think that there would be some semblance of balance. Not sure how you achieve that with completely randomized roles. So maybe it's not balanced at all. That could be interesting. We'll need more information to find out what is going on. Day 1 deaths usually help with that.

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Ebum said specifically that things could be a bit unbalanced. My best guess is that the roles are semi-randomized. There's a few roles that are definitely village, a few that are definitely mafia, maybe a few that are definitely neutral, and the rest are randomized into those three groups.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Well it's difficult to balance 50 unique roles. The game can swing either way every day. As long as there are no glaring issues (impossibility to win/lose etc) it's good enough to enjoy the game and make do with what you're given!

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Not every role has an actual power, either. I don't think metagame analysis is going to generate terribly productive results here, mainly because the only people who know what they did are the hosts and whoever advised on the project. Of course, it's still Day 1, etc. etc. I guess we could keep going on about this until vote close and see if we can get Fiaryn's rageboner so swole he explodes.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    It'd be trivial for the host to create seemingly randomized roles, yet make sure the mafia doesn't become too strong or too weak. Complex Phallas can easily get otherwise unbalanced though, because the host can't possibly take into account every possible combination of events. I think the main point of the discussion is that any one player's role isn't going to help us determine whether they are mafia or not. Not at this point in the game anyway.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Megafrost wrote: »
    Yeah. Who would make an unbalanced game?

*cough*Farangu*cough

He has gotten a lot better.

Egos on
  • Options
    I'm actually quite comfortable in the knowledge that I almost certainly am not a role in this game.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg