As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Operation Group RAGE] Star Wars [Mini]series: [Phalla] Squadron - RAGE/MALICE Victory!

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Mill wrote: »
    I really want to sign up for this but I need to take a phalla break. ><

Doing the opposite, here. I really want to take a Phalla break but I need to !sign up for this. As Grim Darkshooter of Firehawk Xtreme Squadron

I've been interested in a 'no outside communications' Phalla for a while. It's going to be weird knowing who the mafia is... as I assume we will when they start only posting in the red thread. This may be a not-quite-a-phalla, really.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »

Doing the opposite, here. I really want to take a Phalla break but I need to !sign up for this. As Grim Darkshooter of Firehawk Xtreme Squadron

I've been interested in a 'no outside communications' Phalla for a while. It's going to be weird knowing who the mafia is... as I assume we will when they start only posting in the red thread. This may be a not-quite-a-phalla, really.

I don't think that's quite how it works. The second thread isn't a "red thread" from my understanding. The game is split Faction v Faction v Mafia, one thread for each faction with the mafia supposedly split between both. Its the factions (mafia included) that don't get to peak at the other thread. So its like, each side of the battle gets their own communications channel (their own thread) to coordinate maneuvers against the other faction and voting and whatnot takes place in the threads as well. It definitely won't be as easy as all that to catch the mafia, especially with Obi's distaste for straight seering.

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    !Sign Up
    Wolf
    Hound Squadron

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »

I don't think that's quite how it works. The second thread isn't a "red thread" from my understanding. The game is split Faction v Faction v Mafia, one thread for each faction with the mafia supposedly split between both. Its the factions (mafia included) that don't get to peak at the other thread. So its like, each side of the battle gets their own communications channel (their own thread) to coordinate maneuvers against the other faction and voting and whatnot takes place in the threads as well. It definitely won't be as easy as all that to catch the mafia, especially with Obi's distaste for straight seering.

Yeah, that makes sense. I was actually wondering whether it might be a straight-up fight, numerically speaking. We know who the mafia members are, but can't just vote them out because they tie us. The dogfighting then provides the mechanism by which the tie is broken. I guess you'd run into bigger-than-usual snowballing issues.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    sign

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    !sign up
    Horizon Lamshwoop
    Skulls

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    signing up

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I sign up

Pillbox

Double Deuce

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Signing up.

I will be Fabniss of the Gay Companions.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Are we allowed to ask clarifications outside of the thread?

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Question:
    Attack value is calculated by adding up the total Laser power of the Squadron. Defense value is determined by adding up the total Engine power of the Squadron. Damage is determined by the attacking squad rolling a D2 for every point of Attack Value (with a 1 counting as a hit) and rolling a D3 for every point of Defense value in the defending squadron (with a 1 counting as a miss). Every miss cancels a hit, the remaining hits deal damage randomly across the squadron.
    In the D3 portion of the Defense value, what does a 2 count as?

• Options
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    Dave of the Discovery One

• Options
    Does investing a point in a skill provide some sort of power?
    Does it cause a straight increase of stats?
    Does it cause a stat increase with increasing or diminishing returns?

Don't expect an answer but it's worth a try.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular

Glough McLawgh of Frost Bite

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    I find the lack of names and squadrons for some of you disturbing.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    So uh

If you're using threads on these forums, how are people supposed to not see the last poster info on the mafia thread

Or did you mean factions other than village/mafia and there are mafia in each

• Options
    It's a snubfighter scrimmage. Two competing teams with rebel (mafia) sleeper agents on either side. Knowing who is on either team isn't going to help.

• Options
    In fact, you're going to know who's on each team simply because of their absence from your thread alone.

But since there are two village factions, you won't know who the rebels are.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    whoooo

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Me!
    DeathScythe
    Gundam Wing

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Showing complete and utter apathy towards mixing my nerd tropes:

Kain
    Dragoon Squadron

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    The Grey Earl
    The Winged Hussars

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Was I too late? :(

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    moar liek The Winged Hussies

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    moar liek The Winged Hussies

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

• Options
    Was I too late? :(

If my counting is accurate (which it generally isn't), I was sign-up #25 which would make you sign-up #27. Maybe.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Signup
    INANTP
    The Queer Eyes

We arent quite as good as Eagle Eyes but way better than the Forest Witaker eyes.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    oh and I'm . Don Tello, green squad.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    oh and I'm . Don Tello, green squad.
    PURPLE. PURPLE SQUAD.
    GOD.

• Options
    skin comes thicker than masks, TRV

• Options
    or something

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    or something
    Whatever. Frodo sucks anyway.

• Options
    Seadevil of The Glowing Anglerfish

• Options
    Or not, since based on my count the last person to get in was Slym. So Reserve, I guess?

• Options
    cesare have you tried an obiphalla yet?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Well so much for Starscream and the probably won't backstab you squadron...

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Well so much for Starscream and the probably won't backstab you squadron...

Sounds like my ideal second-in-command.

• Options
    cesare have you tried an obiphalla yet?

No, I played Matev's Star Wars Mini but I haven't played one run by Obi himself yet.