Options

Port[chat]ia

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    WHY IS ALL OF MY GOD DAMN BREAD ALWAYS GOD DAMN FROZEN

Microwave it and it'll go all sticky and weird and make for a good sammich exactly one time before you realize it's actually terrible!

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

something something australia

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    I am probably going to lose my job.

Fuck and bugger.
    Ugh, that's terrible. :(

Time to form an escape plan!

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular

because you put it in the freezer?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

because you put it in the freezer?

I would hazard a guess that Cass did not do this, but someone else in her house did contrary to her requests.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    all my bread is frozen too. Otherwise half of it will turn bluegreen before I can eat it.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »

Fuck and bugger.

Step one: hang around here until I get my notice.
    Step two: ?????
    Step three: no PROFIT

:(

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote: »
    I am very, very bored and have no motivation to do anything constructive.

Might try eating something and see if that gives me the energy to do something.

I am going to bake some butter and salmon.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »

Fuck and bugger.

Step one: hang around here until I get my notice.
    Step two: ?????
    Step three: no PROFIT

:(

You'll have to activate your network and set up job posting e-mail at the least. See if you can find something else, basically.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    morning folks

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    bogart play dayz with me

limited offer is an M16 and a revolver because I have double up of both sidearm and main weapon

I am not part of the PC master race. And am at work to boot.

• Options
  • Options
    I want to be rich so I can buy all you console people gaming PCs

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Farah cat's new favourite place - pressed up right against my leg
    KC0Bp.jpg

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Goddamnit...just caught up with @Benarwhal 's updates and now I'm all teary eyed.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    KC0Bp.jpg

You know im a nerd because I spotted the white OG PS2 before anything else

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    KC0Bp.jpg

You know im a nerd because I spotted the white OG PS2 before anything else

And the old-school xbox to it's left.

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    bogart play dayz with me

limited offer is an M16 and a revolver because I have double up of both sidearm and main weapon

I am not part of the PC master race. And am at work to boot.

join usssssssssssss

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Man I really hope Steambox is an attractive option, i would consider supplementing it with a laptop and just getting rid of my desktop alltogether

• Options
    I tried playing PC on my tv yesterday but I can't fucking make out snipers or tanks way off in the distance

a 42 inch screen thats 9 feet away is considerably smaller looking than my 25 inch monitor nearly attached to my face

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Man I really hope Steambox is an attractive option, i would consider supplementing it with a laptop and just getting rid of my desktop alltogether
    If they can make it work then I'd happily pick one up and not worry about the state of my PC, but I just can't see it working.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    simon what's a japanese dive bar like

describe it vividly

I am intensely curious

@Abdhyius

I am not a huge frequenter of bars, but here is a quick rundown of this place

It is a "snack bar", which is like a low-rent version of a hostess bar; it features heavily made up women who serve you drinks and talk to you, refill your drinks unless you explicitly tell them not to, and bizarrely high prices

The only piece of technology here which looks like it dates from a time after the late 90s is the karaoke machine, which is (for karaoke machines) relatively recent

The wallpaper is beige and peeling, the ceiling as well; the floor is cracked and laminate. The furniture is old and stained. There are boxes everywhere. The air is stale and reeks of cigarette smoke that hasn't - or can't - be vented.

The bartender is a wizened, heavy-set Japanese woman in her 50s, at best. The two hostesses are wearing attire that would seem suited to the late 90s nightclub scene. None of them are conventionally attractive, to put it mildly.

There is a small child here, perhaps one who goes to an elementary school I teach at. He is watching television and flopping on the seating that is (currently) unoccupied. Nobody seems to care that he is here.

The people there insist we karaoke. We perform three Lady Gaga songs at their request. The yakitori man attempts a rendition of 'Yesterday'.

We have since moved on. The bill came to around $125 - the toothless man who runs the yakitori truck dragged us here paid it entirely. He is very drunk and appears not to care that he has effectively sunk more money into us than he has ever gotten from us, now.

We moved on to a bar I actually frequent, a Brazillian-themed bar with nice music, atmosphere, and visible pricing scheme. He hated it. The entire time we were there he commented in rude Japanese that the place was too "prideful", asked questions of the proprietor about how long they had been there, why they were Brazillian-themed, etc. The woman in charge put on that Japanese posture which was expressing toleration, not amusement. We left after two drinks and some "bad tasting" food, in his words.

We move on to another snack bar - one that is better lit, but still fundamentally a snack bar. We drink glasses of watered down shouchu and listen to karaoke. This place made us take off our shoes, at least.

I just had a fumbling conversation with the middle aged Japanese woman next to me about which schools I taught at. The yakitori man insists I keep drinking.

It is 11pm, and I left the apartment with the intention of going out for dinner at 7pm.

I do not know what will happen next.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    the catar revolution has begun

avfacing like @echo right now

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I wrote that post over the course of the last [indiscernable time period]

I apologise for any fundamental mistakes in tense or grammar

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Casual, I hope things work out.

Me too. I just really don't want to be long term unemployed again. I'm in a better position now than I was before I got this job but searching for work is horrible and I hate it.

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

describe it vividly

I am intensely curious

@Abdhyius

It is a "snack bar", which is like a low-rent version of a hostess bar; it features heavily made up women who serve you drinks and talk to you, refill your drinks unless you explicitly tell them not to, and bizarrely high prices

The only piece of technology here which looks like it dates from a time after the late 90s is the karaoke machine, which is (for karaoke machines) relatively recent

The wallpaper is beige and peeling, the ceiling as well; the floor is cracked and laminate. The furniture is old and stained. There are boxes everywhere. The air is stale and reeks of cigarette smoke that hasn't - or can't - be vented.

The bartender is a wizened, heavy-set Japanese woman in her 50s, at best. The two hostesses are wearing attire that would seem suited to the late 90s nightclub scene. None of them are conventionally attractive, to put it mildly.

There is a small child here, perhaps one who goes to an elementary school I teach at. He is watching television and flopping on the seating that is (currently) unoccupied. Nobody seems to care that he is here.

The people there insist we karaoke. We perform three Lady Gaga songs at their request. The yakitori man attempts a rendition of 'Yesterday'.

We have since moved on. The bill came to around $125 - the toothless man who runs the yakitori truck dragged us here paid it entirely. He is very drunk and appears not to care that he has effectively sunk more money into us than he has ever gotten from us, now.

We moved on to a bar I actually frequent, a Brazillian-themed bar with nice music, atmosphere, and visible pricing scheme. He hated it. The entire time we were there he commented in rude Japanese that the place was too "prideful", asked questions of the proprietor about how long they had been there, why they were Brazillian-themed, etc. The woman in charge put on that Japanese posture which was expressing toleration, not amusement. We left after two drinks and some "bad tasting" food, in his words.

We move on to another snack bar - one that is better lit, but still fundamentally a snack bar. We drink glasses of watered down shouchu and listen to karaoke. This place made us take off our shoes, at least.

I just had a fumbling conversation with the middle aged Japanese woman next to me about which schools I taught at. The yakitori man insists I keep drinking.

It is 11pm, and I left the apartment with the intention of going out for dinner at 7pm.

Good lad!

Find out if there are any okama hostess bars and go there next.

Need more adventure!

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Simon this is a fascinating adventure

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2013

describe it vividly

I am intensely curious

@Abdhyius

>Go North.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i'm impressed you managed to type this on the go

live blog adventure

poo
  • Options
    See, Simon? It's fun to go out and meet new people.

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    I wrote that post over the course of the last [indiscernable time period]

I apologise for any fundamental mistakes in tense or grammar

I think you died and are in Japanese purgatory.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    By the end of the night every conversation will be desu desu desu desssuu? Desu desu! DESU! DESSSSUUU?!?!?!

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Simon this is a fascinating adventure

You're one dream sequence from being in a Murakami novel, simon.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

describe it vividly

I am intensely curious

@Abdhyius

Go North.

Whence You Came.

Whence You Came.
    One for then Limmy's Show fans there.

• Options
    Oh wow I got 2 $20 off codes for these games, niiiiiice

• Options
    What is yakitori?

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    In a reversal of stereotypical roles it is I who had an antisocial evening today in Japan, I just spent the last 4 hours in the bowels of an arcade.

However, I do now have these:
    F32794EF-9507-4313-9673-7C0D3541A765-4434-000011F36ABCF973.jpg

and a burning desire to march soldiers bravely to their deaths.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    What is yakitori?

Kabobs
    Edit: Specifically, Chicken Kabobs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakitori

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    @BobCesca, I figure the holiday in February will tide us over for boardgames for January (alright, early February), but we should sort something out for the end of Feb/early March. I'll send a message out near the end of the month for the usual suspects.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    baby, I got sick this mornin
    a sea was stormin inside of me
    and baby, I think I'm capsizin
    the waves are risin, and risin

This discussion has been closed.