Options

THIS IS ABOUT DRAWING A LINE IN THE [CHAT]

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Goddamnit, Wizerds of the Coste

STAHP

STAHP MAKIN NEW CARDS!

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Do you think a high fructose corn syrup free Grape Cocktail drink line called Legitimate Grape would sell in the flyover states

y/n

I'd drink it

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    also there are people who still hold on to beliefs about sexuality and family and marriage in the way that people hold on to notions about national identity and ethnicity, i.e., not in a way that can actually be bargained with

You've lost me

I think he means tribalism, basically.

And the idea you can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason into.

yep

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Actually, happy, games do cost weird cents. They just hide it behind powercards at all modern arcades. You put points on a card (say 10 points per $2) and games cost 6.8 or 9.7 or whatever points. It is definitely by decimals. Not flat points.

Dave & Busters and Main Event are that way.

See I even thought of that while I was trying to fall back asleep

why were they even using coins cards would at least kinda make sense

• Options
    once it crosses over into "a criticism of this concept is a sign of an imminent assault on who I am", it's hard to open any minds

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Do you think a high fructose corn syrup free Grape Cocktail drink line called Legitimate Grape would sell in the flyover states

y/n

I'd drink it

but drinking it consensually is like drinking warm beer

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    "legitimate rape" has some obvious appeal to people who believe in a karmically just world, which is generally thought to be a universal instinct

Make as big a controversy over it as possible, so liberals get very angry. If Chick-fil-a is any indication, it'll fly off the shelves when indignant conservatives try to defend American values, and you'll make bank.

• Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular

y/n

I believe there already is a similar product on the market, targeted towards anime-watchers called "Tentacle Grape".

how do you like it

That hurt, Lud-sama.

That hurt. uguuuuuu

camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I just drank a can of Azul Coconut Juice I bought at the local dollar tree

it was fucking delicious

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Oh man, I tried that Coconut Water stuff recently because I love coconut.

Apparently the flesh of the coconut is where they keep all the nice flavor because the water tastes like fucking snot.

What the everloving shit is wrong with people?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Madpanda wrote: »

y/n

I believe there already is a similar product on the market, targeted towards anime-watchers called "Tentacle Grape".

how do you like it

That hurt, Lud-sama.

That hurt. uguuuuuu

Yer a monster...

BAKEMONO!

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    the sucky part is that

1) the teacher is actually really smart and personable, and makes great discussion (and on the occasion when someone ventures a dumb or facile opinion he is gracious and walks them to an interesting position)
    and
    2) i don't know a lot at all about colonial influences in the 16th and 17th century- i know a good bit about the wars but not the global economic factors and other stuff the class is focusing on right now

so if more people got involved (leading to more broad discussion) i could probably learn even more, personally.

but everyone else is intimidated by the professor i guess, or completely uninterested.

i dunno.

it's not a 101 course, so either they're history majors (which kind of makes me think- well, why the hell are they so apathetic, they majored in this and took some earlier courses in the sequence) or they, like me, chose this as an elective. why!? it's clearly marked writing intensive.

it's frustrating, whatever the explanation.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    @Feral

I kinda suspect those 3 mana fliers are going to beat the shit out of the prerelease.

3/1 trample or 2/2 haste, on commons? In a set with very little burn or reach?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    also there are people who still hold on to beliefs about sexuality and family and marriage in the way that people hold on to notions about national identity and ethnicity, i.e., not in a way that can actually be bargained with

You've lost me

And the idea you can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason into.

yep

you keep talking like that's a bad thing

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    whenever my wife and I end up at a dave & busters we start with all the intentions and trappings of being young professionals kicking back for a night of wacky high energy arcade games

but about 30 minutes in we become 70 year old grannies playing the fucking coin pusher games getting excited over tickets

as we walk out, each holding what amounts to our 20th matching set of D&B mugs a single tear rolls down my cheek, and death ticks another day off my life.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    1. Coconut water is revolting.
    2. Ludious likes coconut water.

You do the math.

No really, somebody do the math. Reflexive property or something? I don't remember all those fucking theorems!

• Options

y/n

I'd drink it

but drinking it consensually is like drinking warm beer

Never serve my cousins warm beer

warm being any temperature above 3 degrees C

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    What's looking so interesting about Gatecrash? I had a brief look through the cig a couple of days ago in preparation for prerelease, but nothing strikes as supercool except maybe Bloodrush and Cipher.

@Bethryn

I think each of the guilds is well-balanced, and I think each guild has multiple archetypes it can draft. I think limited will have a pretty varied field.

And it's hard to predict what Standard will look like in a month. Standard is already wide open with an unprecedented variety of viable strategies, and this set just adds to the variety.

And the flavor is fan-fucking-tastic. They're pushing the "big city" theme really hard:
    36.jpg

6.jpg

74.jpg

102.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

You've lost me

yep

I mean... when it leads to justifying beliefs that harm others without regard...

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Today I added 'ghost' to the list of my favorite words, but only when it is used as an adjective (i.e. ghost chilis or Ghostface Killa)

Today is a good day.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    the sucky part is that

1) the teacher is actually really smart and personable, and makes great discussion (and on the occasion when someone ventures a dumb or facile opinion he is gracious and walks them to an interesting position)
    and
    2) i don't know a lot at all about colonial influences in the 16th and 17th century- i know a good bit about the wars but not the global economic factors and other stuff the class is focusing on right now

so if more people got involved (leading to more broad discussion) i could probably learn even more, personally.

but everyone else is intimidated by the professor i guess, or completely uninterested.

i dunno.

it's not a 101 course, so either they're history majors (which kind of makes me think- well, why the hell are they so apathetic, they majored in this and took some earlier courses in the sequence) or they, like me, chose this as an elective. why!? it's clearly marked writing intensive.

If it's writing intensive, maybe they really like writing papers and hate talking in class. That's actually an argument for why they wouldn't be piping up in class.

• Options

You've lost me

yep

i'm aware

we've had long arguments in [chat] before about notions of nationalism and such

this is one of those "agree to disagree" things, I'm afraid

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

Apparently the flesh of the coconut is where they keep all the nice flavor because the water tastes like fucking snot.

ok what brand was it, because not all coconut water is created equally my friend.VitaCoCo, that shit that is getting pushed at the big box stores now?

That is literally, LITERALLY, yeti menses.

What you want is C20

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    Today I added 'ghost' to the list of my favorite words, but only when it is used as an adjective (i.e. ghost chilis or Ghostface Killa)

Today is a ghost day.

• Options
    the sucky part is that

and

i dunno.

ooh ooh ooh. what's the economic factors about.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

Coconut water is delicious

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    1. Coconut water is revolting.
    2. Ludious likes coconut water.

You do the math.

No really, somebody do the math. Reflexive property or something? I don't remember all those fucking theorems!

What I was talking about was Coconut JUICE, you Reagan-era scrub tier dinosaur, and you just haven't had good coconut WATER.

• Options
    and it's not a proper noun.

an example of how ludicrous that is: Tap Water

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    whenever my wife and I end up at a dave & busters we start with all the intentions and trappings of being young professionals kicking back for a night of wacky high energy arcade games

but about 30 minutes in we become 70 year old grannies playing the fucking coin pusher games getting excited over tickets

as we walk out, each holding what amounts to our 20th matching set of D&B mugs a single tear rolls down my cheek, and death ticks another day off my life.

holy shit you and your wife are the reason Dave & Busters frustrates the hell out of me

I want video games and skee ball, not bullshit where you bet on "horses" on a mechanical track! HNNNGNGH

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    There's something disturbing about taking all that time to bust a hairy nut and drink the warm liquid inside it.

• Options

Coconut water is delicious

Like, I've had coconut milk before, which I know is like coconut water plus sugar and stuff... and I like that a lot.

Maybe it was this particular brand.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    the sucky part is that

and

i dunno.

'boxers are stupid, great danes rule, blah blah gdp'

my prof told me to relay this to you x.x

• Options
    the last time I drank coconut water, it was out of something like this:

360px-Coconut_drink.jpg

decent, but a sight too expensive for something pretty darned close to water.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

ok what brand was it, because not all coconut water is created equally my friend.VitaCoCo, that shit that is getting pushed at the big box stores now?

What you want is C20

yeah there are fucking worlds of differences between coconut waters

Some is runny snot, some is just vaguely coconut flavored sugar water, and some is mana from heaven

• Options

What you want is C20

VitaCoCo sounds right.

Fuck.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

holy shit you and your wife are the reason Dave & Busters frustrates the hell out of me

I want video games and skee ball, not bullshit where you bet on "horses" on a mechanical track! HNNNGNGH

It's the reason my girlfriend and I never went back to D&B after it opened up near Universal Studios.

• Options
    the sucky part is that

and

i dunno.

'boxers are stupid, great danes rule, blah blah gdp'

my prof told me to relay this to you x.x

*throws things*

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Having drank the actual milk out of actual coconuts, I can assure you the flesh is not the only place where the flavour collects.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    @Feral

I kinda suspect those 3 mana fliers are going to beat the shit out of the prerelease.

When is the prerelease?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Feral

I agree. Boros can do Boros Elite -> Daring Skyjek -> Skyknight Legionnaire and attack with a 3/3, flying 3/1, and flying 2/2 on T3.

Simic can do Experiment One -> Shambleshark -> Drakewing Krasis and attack with a 3/3, 3/2, on T3 and flying 3/1 on T4. (Edited to fix this.)

You have a lot of opportunities to be aggressive with this set and I think that's going to keep Orzhov in check.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
This discussion has been closed.