Options

Guild Wars

• Options
    ze swift classze swift class Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sad day for spirit fags.

Well, I'll see you guys in GW2, I think I'll be skipping EotN.

ze swift class on
  • Options
    ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    :'(
    moment of silence

Zoolander on
  • Options
    SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Anyone want a guild? im joining a pve guild so i gotta ditch the guild i made. It's called <Is Bad at Pvp> <LTP>, luxon, has cape, storage, weapons and a few other guild hall things.

i dont really want to disband it but if someone doesnt take it soon i probably will.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    gneGnegneGne Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    What are some fun things to do after you finished the game?

gneGne on
    pasigcopyox6.jpg
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    gneGne wrote: »

PvP, Elite Missions, Max out some titles, Pimp your character, Start again

Rook on
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    I've disbanded KCHS. Nevar forget.

Edit - You didn't disband it, thankfully. You just left the guild, and someone else (Thorn Smashlust) was promoted to leader in your stead. This is good, because I was going to flog you if you'd really disbanded the guild. Those of us who play infrequently, but still do play and don't want another guild, can still use the guild hall, since it's often convenient. And we'd keep the name and cape and the hall services.

Who is Thorn Smashlust?

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    DeadshotDeadshot Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Rook wrote: »

Or quit.

That's also fun.

Deadshot on
    o ok
  • Options
    endlosnullendlosnull Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    KCHS
    Nevar forget!
    gw010nt1.jpg
    gw013xm6.jpg
    gw028xq6.jpg

endlosnull on
    sig02.jpg
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I wish I could have been around for the win over Negative Zero.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    endlosnullendlosnull Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Kreutz wrote: »
    I wish I could have been around for the win over Negative Zero.

First, we lost against Negative Zero, at the time in the top 5 guilds in the game, in an intense fight, lasted a long time. We were using the not-yet-nerfed spirit fags build and n0 was using a spike build with ele lightning.

For the second fight, again it was an intense fight looking like a stalemate but seemed like n0 could pull through, so we decided to go balls out, throw a hail mary, and bumrush their guild leader. n0 quickly realized our last minute plan and decided to counter with their own rush to our guild leader. Thankfully, Wembly, our spirit ranger stayed behind and threw up fertile spirits so our guild leader would have more health. Both guild leader's going down, we managed to get the kill first with ours barely surviving.

Best moment I ever had in Guild Wars. Hands down.
    *EDIT: whoops, thought it was rockmonkey

endlosnull on
    sig02.jpg
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Who is Thorn Smashlust?
    The officer that had been on most recently.

Also, there was a poll of the most annoying Guild Wars build ever. Spirit Spam won by a significant margin.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Who is Thorn Smashlust?

Hah, thanks Engy that's a huge help! :P

Perhaps I should clarify - what is the forum name of whoever plays the character Thorn Smashlust?

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    StealthcStealthc Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    gw013.jpg

Damn Nightfall brought in some hella imba skills, I think 7-8 skills we used in that build got nerfed a week later. I know 4 of them are on my bar
    gw046.jpg

Stealthc on
  • Options
    Aqua DarkAqua Dark Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Deadshot wrote: »

Or quit.

That's also fun.

Deadshot what is with you a GW bashing, go take your WoW shit talk elsewhere, We know you dont like GW just fucking go away.

Aqua Dark on
    There are such things as stupid questions, and you know what they are: so do not ask them!

World of Warcraft IS a drug, if you are playing it seek rehab immediately.
  • Options
    StormyWatersStormyWaters Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Who is Thorn Smashlust?

Also, there was a poll of the most annoying Guild Wars build ever. Spirit Spam won by a significant margin.

Where is this poll?

StormyWaters on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Aqua Dark wrote: »
    Deadshot wrote: »

Or quit.

That's also fun.

Deadshot what is with you a GW bashing, go take your WoW shit talk elsewhere, We know you dont like GW just fucking go away.

WoW sucks more, sorry.

Deadshot on
    o ok
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Stealthc wrote: »
    Damn Nightfall brought in some hella imba skills, I think 7-8 skills we used in that build got nerfed a week later. I know 4 of them are on my bar

Lets see, Song of Restoration, Ballad of Restoration, Energizing Finale, "Watch Yourself!", Rampage as One, "Stand Your Ground!" (nerfed twice), Shield of Absorption and "They're on Fire!" were all skills that we used that they nerfed. Plus they made it so armor doesn't stack above +25. This is when HA was filled with Searing Flames teams that we could beat down trivially.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    So, ArenaNet is coming back to PAX:

http://guildwars.com/events/tradeshows/pax2007/default.php

They mention a 1v1 sealed play tournament (excitement!), but I can't find the exact rules for it. The "Sealed Play" section just talks about the 4v4 they had last year.

RandomEngy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Sealed Play involves you getting a pack of cards designating what skills you can use.

Which is really bad for hero battles, since it basically relies on one having absolutely perfect builds that the retarded AI can run without all that much micro as well as a build that can break through said AI without much difficulty.

http://www.guildwars.com/competitive/sealedplay/

Deadshot on
    o ok
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Who is Thorn Smashlust?

Where is this poll?

Personally, I would've voted for the R/N "Toucher" build. Irritating.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I know what sealed play is, I got 3rd last year. I'm actually pictured on the page. Is it just sealed play with Hero Battles? That would be really weird and insane and I feel compelled to sign up if that's the case.

RandomEngy on
  • Options
    StealthcStealthc Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sealed play for anything is good.

They should totally have a sealed play ladder for GvG's.

Stealthc on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Stealthc wrote: »
    Sealed play for anything is good.

They should totally have a sealed play ladder for GvG's.

Yeah, it's a shame they didn't do more to have *fun* pvp rather than the sort of *elite play* pvp.

I still remember the days of owning in TA with an Amity Pacifism monk

Rook on
  • Options
    atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I was in the sealed play tourney last year as well. This is what the devs told me.

Sealed Play: The devs make a build they think should in theory work and hand you the cards. So it is not completly random. If you can put yourself in there shoes that is when looking at the cards.

atray on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    New Guild Wars: Eye of the North Trailer http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22568.html

(includes a sexy grown up gwen)

edit:

Also pre-orders are up apparently http://www.guildwars.com/products/eyeofthenorth/preorder/

Rook on
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The new items are useful, though not perfect, but I'm not gonna complain about a nice sword, bow, or staff. Also, they updated the modding of bonus items. Rhino's Charge is useful!

Perrsun on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    New Guild Wars: Eye of the North Trailer http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22568.html

(includes a sexy grown up gwen)

edit:

Also pre-orders are up apparently http://www.guildwars.com/products/eyeofthenorth/preorder/

Wait, Gwen is in EotN? Like, little Gwen who disappeared after the Searing? Goddamnit, I'm going to have to buy this one too. :?

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Bear CavalryBear Cavalry Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So are the kchs still inactive? I ask this because I was looking for a group of pa people to quest with.

Bear Cavalry on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So are the kchs still inactive? I ask this because I was looking for a group of pa people to quest with.

Yeah, they're still inactive I believe. Nobody plays anymore.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    squirlysquirly Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, I haven't been on here in a long time and I stopped playing GW not too long before Factions came out, I think.

Okay, so when I stopped playing IWAY was still fairly huge, spiking was still a bit, people were still doing trap runs in UW, etc. Also, the guild I was in was in the top 100 and my rank is something above 3, I had a ton of cash, had a lot of good items, blah blah.

So when I played I was fairly good and I was more or less in the know of everything but now I want to get back into GW and I have no idea where to start:

- Should I start on Factions or Nightfall?
    - Should I buy them both at the same time?
    - Are there many people still playing either of them?
    - Is it hard to find groups since there are now 3 'episodes' (Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall) and soon to be another (EOTN)?
    - Should I skip Factions/Nightfall and start with EOTN than go back to those 2?
    - I'm assuming there's nothing greatly bad with adding all the new chapters to my existing account?
    - What are the huge things that have happened since I stopped playing? Are there new things like UI mods?
    - Is there any reason to play Prophecies?

I'm installing GW now and it will probably take forever to update. So, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, seriously.

I'll update with more questions I think of. :o Edit: Also realised my trading account is still there and my last one was in '05 haha.

squirly on
    Diablo2 [US West; Ladder]: *DorianGraph [New/Main] *outsidewhale [Old]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    multiplemoose.jpg

I finally got my MOOSE! :D

Perrsun on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    squirly wrote: »
    Nightfall. You get Heroes in NF (customizable henchmen, you set their skillbars and equipment). But Factions has the Alliance Battles PvP, which is fun.
    You can. Won't make too much difference.
    Lots of people still play NF. Less play Factions, but it's not dead.
    - Is it hard to find groups since there are now 3 'episodes' (Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall) and soon to be another (EOTN)?
    It can be in Factions at certain times of the day. NF, not so much. Also, the Heroes will help you reduce your need for full-human parties at some points.
    Probably not, though you could.
    - I'm assuming there's nothing greatly bad with adding all the new chapters to my existing account?
    There's no reason to NOT do them all on the same account. Yes, link them.
    - What are the huge things that have happened since I stopped playing? Are there new things like UI mods?
    Yes, people are modding GW now, but it's client-side-only texture-mod stuff. Putting a picture of your cat on your shield etc.
    You might need a specific skill capture, and ToA is still more popular than either Factions' or NF's equivalent.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    squirly wrote: »
    Yeah, I haven't been on here in a long time and I stopped playing GW not too long before Factions came out, I think.

Okay, so when I stopped playing IWAY was still fairly huge, spiking was still a bit, people were still doing trap runs in UW, etc. Also, the guild I was in was in the top 100 and my rank is something above 3, I had a ton of cash, had a lot of good items, blah blah.

So when I played I was fairly good and I was more or less in the know of everything but now I want to get back into GW and I have no idea where to start:

I'm installing GW now and it will probably take forever to update. So, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, seriously.

I'll update with more questions I think of. :o Edit: Also realised my trading account is still there and my last one was in '05 haha.

If you've got some level 20 characters that you like already, I'd probably wait for Eye of the North. Plenty of people are going to jump from Nightfall to it.

Also check out the NEW trailer/talk for it, looks cool
    Hi-Res
    Low-res

Rook on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Awesome, thanks heaps Perssun, I'm going to pick up a copy of NF when I find one (Last 3 EB stores I checked were out of stock, sigh).. than after I play that a bit I'll probably skip Factions and get EotN than eventually get Factions. :)

Rook, I have 3 LVL 20 PVE chars and the 4th slot I used for PVP but these characters are.. I don't really even remember, so I'd make new ones for sure. Is that the trailer with the burning forest and that? I watched that and was thoroughly impressed!

squirly on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Interesting thing from those videos: You won't need to own NF to unlock and use the 10 heroes they'll give you in EotN.

I like the Dervish armor they showed in there, but the other sets didn't really appeal to me.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I just bought Nightfall.. like, 35 seconds ago. :)

squirly on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Eye of the North actually looks cool. I skipped NF, I tried it on a trial, but just couldn't get into it. But it would be cool to do some dungeon crawling with some of the old KCHS crew, even if the guild is dead. I'm sure I have most of you on my friends list.

Drool on
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, I'd be up for playing some more GW, especially with EOTN coming out if a some of the old KCHS crew started running again.

Side Note: I totally got to meet Rook and Monkee while I was in Scotland, it was awesome and we had pizza. :D

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh man that's pretty cool. Was Rook all like, "Monkeeeee get back here you tit *sigh"? Cause that's mostly what I remember about running missions with them.

One thing I don't like about EotN is the gay little rabbit guys. I know it's a rule written somewhere that every RPG ever has a diminutive cute magic using race, but I always respected GW for it's lack of a gnomes, tarutarus or other cute races.

Drool on
  • Options
    ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Well, I have the original guild wars, and played until level 6.

It never captured my attention, particularly.

Then again, I essentially played it as a single player game, considering I had no friends to party with

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg