As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We're talking [chat]ball

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Hmm. Mum has sent me two documents in French that she wants me to summarise for her.

This is not good.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Honk wrote: »
    I dunno it's just so weird to me. You have this staple of modern luxury but lose power and on day two it is pooped all over and a refugee camp.

It is a GOOD BUSINESS being a cleaning contractor in Alabama right now.
    Civilisation is a thin veneer over an animal core honk.

It used to be said that any civilisation is three missed meals away from anarchy. With most of western civilisation I think you can add electricity and running water to that too.

Shit, I'd be worried if Twitter or facebook went down for more than a day.

Casual on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2013
    This week in the news has been outright mad.

SOTU, recorded meteorite shower, ship of the damned, national mascot of SA is a murderer, Aliens game receive worst reviews in history.

edit: NK blows up nuke.

edit2: Pope resigns.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    oh my god my nap turned into eight hours of sleep and I have something due before 6am this morning

hurry hurry

I see

I have napped twice in this time, Jake

and now it is time for proper sleep.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Casual wrote: »
    I dunno it's just so weird to me. You have this staple of modern luxury but lose power and on day two it is pooped all over and a refugee camp.

It is a GOOD BUSINESS being a cleaning contractor in Alabama right now.
    Civilisation is a thin veneer over an animal core honk.

It used to be said that any civilisation is three missed meals away from anarchy. With most of western civilisation I think you can add electricity and running water to that too.

Shit, I'd be worried if Twitter or facebook went down for more than a day.

Yeah it is so weird.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Wow

Thank you, ubiquity of dash cams in Russia

I know, right?

This is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen.

And I mean in the actual meaning of the word: inspiring awe.

Because wow.

Russia must look a big target to the universe, because... damn. First, Tunguska, now this?

PS: Yes, I've seen the pictures of the big damn meteorites that hit the US back in the Gold Rush days, I'm under no misconceptions that we have some kind of space-rock-shield out here the States.

Anyway, I hope everyone injured makes a speedy recovery. When space shoots at us, we're all the same nationality. Earthicans, united by the great taste of Charleston Chew!

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    1360811037-0.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options

SOTU, recorded meteorite shower, ship of the damned, national mascot of SA is a murderer, Aliens game receive worst reviews in history.

OH MY GOD NOT THE WOMBAT!

Nobody tell Bob, he'll be heartbroken!

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Assuming you're from the UK here, since you seem to know what's going on not only in NK, but in SA as well. Do yourself a favor. Don't look up any news stories with the keywords 'Coronation Street.'

If you do, don't say I didn't warn you.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Yeah, Kevin Webster possibly another celebrity kiddie fiddler.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    Hansel & Gretel Get Baked
    A brother and sister battle a witch who lures teenagers into her suburban home with her special blend of marijuana where she then proceeds to kill and eat them to maintain her youth and beauty

time to play: excerpt from fanfiction_txt or feature film

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    what, i'm still valentine jailed

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    Honk is one of them svenskies

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Tarranon wrote: »
    what, i'm still valentine jailed

Mods who can undo it must be sleeping off either a marathon session of lovemaking, or a marathon session of hitting the bottle.

Not being judgmental, mind you. I met a new girl, and we both thought it was bit early to be Valentines'ing together, so I've been drinking and catching up on some Amazon instant viewing. Date set for tomorrow night.

Zoku Gojira on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Whoo! Got the love fool badge after all.

• Options
    Fucking Pistorius man. I remember when he did not win last summer olympics he lodged some complaint blaming the others for essentially cheating, and it was in poor taste. But the thing was people seemed pretty upset that he was complaining like they wanted him to be absolutely perfect - even a good loser.

They must be devastated. Apparently there was a history of DV too if I understand correctly, that SA media had chosen to not write about. Probably to keep throwing their perfect mascot around.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    This is a cute story.

The commercial itself trips me out just a little bit, because even though it's been about 5 years, and I only spent three days there, I still remember sharply riding a bike through San Francisco streets and I recognize most of the places they photographed this dude at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG2DRiQt1b0

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    whenever i call them they just say they can't talk because they're about to enter a love tunnel

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    Honk is one of them svenskies

Jaa bårk den hoodleflugen!

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular

Swedish government turns out to have made the costliest business decision in national history when it bought Nuon.

Everybody's been eating horsemeat.

The Wii U sells like the GameCube in January.

Stuff be messed up and stupid and mixed nuts.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    The videos from the Russian meteorite are kinda crazy. There's one where you see a vapour trail appear and the thing seems to be coming right at you and then it flares really brightly and then disappears behind a hill and OH MY GOD ALIEN INVASION.

• Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    The videos from the Russian meteorite are kinda crazy. There's one where you see a vapour trail appear and the thing seems to be coming right at you and then it flares really brightly and then disappears behind a hill and OH MY GOD ALIEN INVASION.

ZERG RUSH.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I think the student must have gone to special "How not to write a report" and "How to hide the relevant information in your graphs" classes.

Reviewing this document has become rewriting. And redoing his graphs. Boo.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I was wondering what exactly the problem on the carnival ship was, cuz I haven't been paying any attention to that story

This is like a paragraph into the first story I read about THE HORRORS
    Passenger Janie Baker told MSNBC's Ed Schultz that people managed the situation well and that the crew was "fantastic," but on the final night, "people's tempers started flying." She described one incident where another passenger tried to disrupt a movie, and was taken away by the crew. "If we had gone any longer, it could have been much, much worse," she said.

Aaaand ok I don't care anymore

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    This is gonna be like Resistance: Fall of Man. Russia now builds a wall around all their land. We wait a few years and suddenly without warning aliens tear down the wall and go batshit on Europe.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Quid wrote: »
    Whoo! Got the love fool badge after all.

I got no badges which I'm very ok with

Or at least I didn't have to really do anything which I assume nets me no badges?

I am totally ok with doing nothing for nothing

What I'm saying is: hi5 to both of us!

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »
    I was wondering what exactly the problem on the carnival ship was, cuz I haven't been paying any attention to that story

Passenger Janie Baker told MSNBC's Ed Schultz that people managed the situation well and that the crew was "fantastic," but on the final night, "people's tempers started flying." She described one incident where another passenger tried to disrupt a movie, and was taken away by the crew. "If we had gone any longer, it could have been much, much worse," she said.

But there was poop everywhere!

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »

I think you can see the shockwave when that happens in one of the videos too

And it is awesome

• Options
    Siberia, population: 10,236 people.
    Permanently running car cameras: 56,3 billion.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    There's also one which just looks at a road junction for a minute, nothing happening, then it's like someone turned the sun up to full power and the shot almost whites out before fading back down again.

• Options
    I'm kinda tempted to camp the Nintendo thread just so I can start the new one for no other reason than to deny Ross the ability to edit the title to whatever he's recently decided is a super clever way to bitch about Nintendo

• Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    This is gonna be like Resistance: Fall of Man. Russia now builds a wall around all their land. We wait a few years and suddenly without warning aliens tear down the wall and go batshit on Europe.

Ozymandius did it 35 minutes ago.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    Siberia, population: 10,236 people.
    Permanently running car cameras: 56,3 billion.

Watching the footage of the meteors coming down to the tune of Russian pop music is particularly entertaining.

• Options

Rich people not understanding that they can't poop in their toilet without running water is not an emergency, it's just them being dumb.

I mean, it sucks that that's how your vacation goes down, but you've got ziplock bags and hand sanitizer, and you've still got plenty of food and water, and apparently the ship still has power, and the weather is still lovely. It's not like they have to start fires in their cabins for heat.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

Brotherhood, Strength, and Fortitude...in the face of the angry night

sig.gif
  • Options

Real life is suddenly going to have shitty graphics and controls, and everything will turn various shades of brown?

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Those meteor videos are stunning. Why can't something this exciting happen here?

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    Those meteor videos are stunning. Why can't something this exciting happen here?

fuuuuck thaaaaaat

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Aloha! Only a few hours of work-week left!

• Options

Rich people not understanding that they can't poop in their toilet without running water is not an emergency, it's just them being dumb.

I mean, it sucks that that's how your vacation goes down, but you've got ziplock bags and hand sanitizer, and you've still got plenty of food and water, and apparently the ship still has power, and the weather is still lovely. It's not like they have to start fires in their cabins for heat.

I honestly think they had a personal hell there, I don't know about your quote but everything else I've seen speaks to it being very terrible. Simultaneously it seems to me that it was so terrible because they were being dumb and overreacting. Basically when the situation started happening they immediately cast off society and went totally native. So it's interesting to me in a mass psychology way.

I gotta wonder though, they have a pool I figure. A pool has room for several million liters. Did they have a bucket on the ship? Congratulations - now the 3,000 people on the ship can flush their toilets as usual for 6 months.

This discussion has been closed.