As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E PbP] Kingmaker OOC Thread (Game closed due to Alien Abductions!)

1234568»

• Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    Talonrazor wrote: »
    Thievery: 1d20+2 20

1) Yesss! Going to setup the fire flasks in the wagon and push it near the entrance, off to the side.

2) He also is going to bury the ice flask underneath the ground out in the side away from the wagon. Plan is to establish it so the fire bomb goes off and those fleeing the bomb will hit the buried ice bomb.

3) Do I need to make a second roll for that?

4) He is going to hide towards the outbuilding near the gate.

1)Where exactly will you place it, in terms of the grid? I can photoshop that wagon, but I just need the exact Co-ordinates as to where to place it.

2)Again, co-ordinates please. It helps me so that I can place it exactly where you'd like to have it. If you want, you can PM me the locations as well.

3)Sure, you might, or you could take 10 on your thievery roll if you want.

4)Which building is that? A2 or A3? Note that A3 has a horse named Claptrap that is kind of jittery, and has to be placated (DC is in the post where I added the map), whereas A2 has no windows overlooking the Market Yard.

• Options
    TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    1) Ok, I want to put it in that alleyway below building A3 along N5-L5. Kinda in the way of the gate but not blocking it.

2) R5 for the landmine!

3) Ok, going to TAKE A CHANCE ON... CHANCE! Thievery: 1d20+2 7 FUCK YOU FATE! So, yea. That will suck!

4) I will be at A3. Can I lead the horse somewhere else? If not, I will take 10 on Nature and 10 on Stealth check.

Anyone else got any bright ideas?

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    1) Ok, I want to put it in that alleyway below building A3 along N5-L5. Kinda in the way of the gate but not blocking it.

2) R5 for the landmine!

3) Ok, going to TAKE A CHANCE ON... CHANCE! Thievery: 1d20+2 7 FUCK YOU FATE! So, yea. That will suck!

4) I will be at A3. Can I lead the horse somewhere else? If not, I will take 10 on Nature and 10 on Stealth check.

Anyone else got any bright ideas?

3) So by that roll, an enemy with a Passive Perception of 7 or above will spot it. You can still take 10 on the roll if you want.

4) Where do you have in mind to take the horse? You can still move the horse someplace else in the trading post. It will however, take time to do it. In this case, if you go for option 3 (Reroll or take 10 on the bomb), you won't have enough time to do option 4 (move the horse someplace else). Therefore, it's one of those 'choose A or B' options.

• Options
    Can someone else move the horse? Is anyone else doing anything? :P I want my landmines to work, damnit.

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Can someone else move the horse? Is anyone else doing anything? :P I want my landmines to work, damnit.

Well, so far its only Gatsby, doomybear and Talon that are ready, and I haven't heard anything from the rest (though Kilnaga did say he was sick).

But it's been over two weeks without any progress, and I for one like to move the story somewhat. Post incoming today/tonight. So if anyone still needs a spot to hide, now's the chance to post...

This means you...
    @NerfThatMan
    @Kilnaga
    @SaberOverEasy

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    OK, post is up. If you got questions, feel free to ask in the OOC thread.

I decided to add the rest of the party in different spots. Let that be a reminder not to post your !Readies.

Some known facts:
    - None of them have weapons out.
    - They are surprised and therefore grant Combat advantage.
    - Neither Sveltana or Jasper will be in the fight, hence why I did not add them in the battle map.
    - And because I was in a hurry, Human Mercenary #1 is @L12, and Human Mercenary #2 is @M11

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    That accent reminds that it was Steve Irwin's birthday yesterday! :):(

Edit: By the way, who are we going after first? It seems like Smith can keep the two human bandits busy for a moment while everyone else takes down the elvish barbarian - that's my suggestion for the start, at least.

doomybear on
    what a happy day it is
  • Options
    doomybear wrote: »
    That accent reminds that it was Steve Irwin's birthday yesterday! :):(

That's freaky, since i was just thinking on giving one of the cronies a Steve Irwin accent that day D:

I was literally thinking on him when I was posting that thread. Which is weird, since I didn't know it was Steve's b-day.

Creepy :(

• Options
    So going to wait until everyone has rolled init before I detonate the wagon.

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    @SaberOverEasy
    @Kilnaga
    @NerfThatMan

you guys OK or anything?

• Options
    Haven't seen them for awhile.

Do we continue on or scrap this?

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    I'll give it another week (including the next weekend) to hear from them.

Otherwise I might have to pull the plug on this one :(

Having lost one PC is quite depressing (but salvageable) in a PbP is one thing, but half the party?! D:

I mean, I could temp the PCs, but then we'll have to run another recruitment drive, which would just slow it down even more.

Still, here's hoping it can be saved.

• Options
    Aw. Well, when people disappear there isn't too much you can do, I suppose. I can wait.

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm REALLY sorry guys.

Seems with half the party gone AWOL and I just don't have the time to run ANOTHER recruitment thread in the future. :(

Therefore, I've decided to cancel the game here I'm afraid. It's also depressing that it's my shortest running campaign here in the forums, which bums me out more than it should. Still, it's been a pleasure DMing for you guys. I have to say both Smith and Dhyrn stood out as my two favorites, with Arifyn and Matthew being a close second (I was especially looking forward to the two's encounter when Arifyn realized Matthew was a magic user).

Still, brief though it was, it was a swell ride, and I hope I entertained you guys for this short time. Here's myself wishing to you all to enjoy the games your playing (or in Talon's case, DMing) in Critical Failures. Hope you enjoy your time there.

See you, Space Cowboy...

Signing off!

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    Aw. Well it was fun while it lasted! Thanks for DMing! c:

what a happy day it is