Options

Really Makes Ya [Chat], Don't it?

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    what do you mean by 'being perma'

high all day, every day

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    When I fly in dreams I always have trouble controlling it.

It starts off fun but then I just start floating away and I try to grab onto things because I'm scared I will float up too high and then fall to my death or just float up so I die.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    what do you mean by 'being perma'

high all day, every day

alright I thought so from context but I never heard that term before, thxxx

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Also, the correct way to play Far Cry 3 is to strap C4 to a vehicle, drive into a base at top speed, jump out and blow your new bomb on wheels.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    sleeping dogs didn't hold my attention

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    @desc

yo god, how are you feeling today?

@TL dr

Burnothy my little teaspoon!

A little sluggish. Day 3 of valerian root extract before bed. Dreams are definitely affected but not in a crazy vivid color way like with a mugwort pillow. It's more like there's a low grade earthy depression -- like the dream is taking a lowered dusty walkway that's just adjacent to a more usual sidewalk.

Long long dream starting with a vague person who was kind of a conglomeration of [chat]ters who had made a sci fi RPG with black and white line art. This multiperson gave me the sheets and a bunch of water colors and brushes and told me to paint it with expressive colors.

So I was making practice sheets with the paint behaving strangely because of dream physics and then the dream suddenly transitioned into a really, really long thing where people were running down the street 28 days later meth zombie style and I was breaking in and out of houses and avoiding dogs and it was stressful.

And now I'm drinking an iced mocha.

How r u

@desc
    it is good to be alive

that is a pretty weird dream! why are you taking the valerian root; insomnia?

i'm way busy but good things are happening on the #savetheworld front. Met a dude last Saturday with some land who is interested in a massive Shiitake project and mycoremediation efforts, and he's introducing me to a dude this Saturday who knows Paul Stamets and is having a hands-on workshop

1. SAVE THE ERF YAY ^_^

2. Valerian: mostly I was looking to make a mugwort dream pillow again and saw random articles from crybabies about valerian root causing "weird dreams" and then I happened to see a little bottle of extract while burning money at Whole Foods so I snatched it to see what all the hub bub was about. The answer is it's very mild and everyone is a wuss.

@desc
    :D
    do you work with lucid dreams or dream interpretation? I had pretty vivid dreams when I was taking piracetam, but generally I don't remember my dreams much.

I read that Laberge / Rheingold book when I was like 14 and frequently had lucid dreams up until I started dating that stoner chick in my 20s. Being perma for a decade reduced all dreaming to a bleached pulp and my recall went away because what was their to remember.

Now I am back on track and recall is way up and lucidity comes and goes. That part is just practice and awareness with signs tipping you off to the dream state.

Anyway yeah dreams are my big thing.

THE DESC TOP LIST:

1. Dreams, dream research, dreams and psychology, neuro stuff and dreams (ex. Comparing flight techniques in dreams with people)

2. The sweetbitter feeling of loss when looking at damaged art or hearing about lost art (ex. The Nike of Samothrace)

3. Spontaneous and fleeting social networks that arise out of sharing (ex. Fixing sound problems and then hugging at outdoor parties)

Edit:

4. Fuck the police

@desc

That's fantastic. I've also observed those effects with being perma.

What do 'flight techniques' refer to?

Just flying in dreams. Everyone has different styles which I find fascinating.

Some people do the superman, some people do the magneto, some people do the leaping long distances thing (the hulk), some people kind of swim.

Oh, neat.

Once when I was a kid, I had bee wings and kind of hovered. I think it was related to a Nick Jr. show :3

Dis u: :bz

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    I'm really just mad at dark souls because I lost everything when I fell down a pit when I was tilting the stick in a direction for ~2s and I hit the roll button and I rolled in the goddamn opposite direction I guess because I did something and didn't wait a frame to actually start moving after an attack animation?

Hahahahahaha.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Chanus

when work cleans my computer i wonder what they're going to make of the numerous avatars with pink hair on my hard drive

You don't have a thing ready to wipe your HD when you leave?

I do that on all my work PCs.

I have tilde remapped to a thermite charge affixed to my hard drive.

Better safe than sorry.

I'm just gonna be all YOU CAN'T FIRE ME I QUIT FORMAT C: *DROPS MIC*

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I think DBZ gets a bum rap because of the Freiza fight, which does have crazy amounts of build up. Subsequent fights are much better about that though.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    syndalis wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    "let's go to tgi fridays and shit on their terrible ice-cream-and-a-little-liquor drinks"

i mean

everyone knows that those things are not good. they're for 19 year olds who don't like alcohol

it's like doing a dogfood taste test and then shitting on how one-note the dogfood is

Reading my comments on that article three years later...
    I've changed, man.

Which one was yours?
    Anonodeeb wrote:
    This poor deluded man probably doesn't realize that the only difference between him and a TGIFriday's bartender is a false sense of superiority and a stupid dog tattoo.

I've changed my mind on this. He is still a twat.

What a tool.I'm willing to be that "Angel Payne" dumped him because he kept inexplicably dropping the names of "famous bartenders" like Jerry Thomas, Charles H. Baker or Hugo Ensslin.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    @Chanus

when work cleans my computer i wonder what they're going to make of the numerous avatars with pink hair on my hard drive

You don't have a thing ready to wipe your HD when you leave?

I do that on all my work PCs.

I have tilde remapped to a thermite charge affixed to my hard drive.

Better safe than sorry.

Seems sensible. I've never accidentally hit the tilde~

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Wait you just sat on a hill in Far Cry 3 and sniped?

You didn't do mountain wingsuit parachute ninja assassin tiger liberation mauldeath base assaults?

You were doing it wrong

Once you unlock the crazy sniper rifle with exploding bullets and a huge scope what else is there.

only using arrows and traps.

Far Cry 3: Green Arrow simulator

Once you get the explosive tip recipe and can make the max grenade pouches.

yup. pity the fire arrows didn't work too well.

sitting in the hills. scoping the enemy base. marking each enemy. launching a barrage of fire as a distraction with some explosives on the side then wingsuitting in while dropping fools with arrows to the chest. saying a witty retort each time you pull an arrow out of a dead bad guy.

that is far cry 3 for me and I wouldn't change it for anything.

imagine that as I say that an enemy patrol goes over the land mine I placed on their route before I attacked the base and the explosion is in the background of my post.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    I think DBZ gets a bum rap because of the Freiza fight, which does have crazy amounts of build up. Subsequent fights are much better about that though.

so the android/cell arcs were better?

really though everyone should just watch dbz abridged because it is awesome

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    @Dark Raven X Thinks my terror is awesome.

So mean!

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Got an appointment to look at an apartment Monday.
    I am preparing to steal all of Cass's awesomes.
    All of the awesomes will be mine.

Apartment is a privately held historic building. $600 deposit and $600/month includes water/trash.
    A good portion of the tenants are state legislators and lobbyist and the like that work downtown.
    Neighborhood is mostly renovated early 1900s garden homes and mini-mansions. (To everyone outside of Alabama pretty much just big ass regular houses that are old and look nice)

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

I think it gets a bum rap because of it's absurd amount of filler content!

In that remaster DBZ Kai, they get up to the end of the Cell Saga in 97 episodes. That's 197 in the original run.

They cut literally 100 episodes with no detriment to the story.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Time for dream story time with Mazzy.

So since @Desc mentioned flying dreams here is like the horrifying inverse of that.

In this dream I had wings. Say yay I could fly. Now this dream some how was attached to the Maximum Ride books which are silly teen books but they have kids with wings. So we were trying to escape from whatever evil group was chasing us. And at some point they hit me with something. Something that stole my wings. The realization that I could never fly again hit me as I hit the ground.

Like the idea of losing the ability to fly after you have flown on your own is fucking soul crushing. The sense of loss is hard to describe.

Anti-wing rayguns are bullshit

Fak u NRA

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh shit you can program the Galaxy S4 to be a TV remote?
    SOLDDDDDD

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    awww shit Luke Crane is making a D&D clone.

Lookin forwards to this so much.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    kaleedity wrote: »

so the android/cell arcs were better?

really though everyone should just watch dbz abridged because it is awesome

I think they were, yes. Nothing ever touches the build up to the spirit bomb (I believe that was 2 episodes).

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular

In that remaster DBZ Kai, they get up to the end of the Cell Saga in 97 episodes. That's 197 in the original run.

dbz abridged just introduced trunks for the first time and it's like 33 ~10m episodes in

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i remember reading some otherkin stuff about a kid who's headmate was a dragon breaking down and crying in the school bathroom because he realized he would never fly again

similar @Mazzyx or. . .?

• Options

where is the hilarious button so I can press that

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    SOLDDDDDD

lol that is scrub tier. On NPR this morning they did a story on how you can program a Galaxy (or any Android) to be a fucking satellite. NASA just finished doing this! They are orbiting right now!

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

Cell was too and so are the training arcs that happen before the baddies arrive. Training before Vegeta/Nappa, before/on the way to Namek, before the Androids

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2013
    awww shit Luke Crane is making a D&D clone.

Lookin forwards to this so much.

motherfucking day 1

i've read bits and pieces on the bw board but this is the first real firm announcement

so excite

Vanguard on
  • Options
    @TehSloth

you were my one thousandth agree! Congratulations you've only made me stronger.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Why the fuck does my foot hurt?

Is it because I ate that shitty chinese food last night (it was so shitty, guys, like no flavor or texture except terrible)?

Why are you doing this to me, God? Is it because I have better hair than you?

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    SOLDDDDDD

lol that is scrub tier. On NPR this morning they did a story on how you can program a Galaxy (or any Android) to be a fucking satellite. NASA just finished doing this! They are orbiting right now!

One step at a time bro.
    You're overwhelming me with galaxy orgasms.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    About the Dragons Crown stuff
    Thank you for contacting me; I am George Kamitani from Vanillaware.

I’ll go into detail about the reasons behind some of Dragon’s Crown design concepts.

I believe that the basic fantasy motifs seen in Dungeons & Dragons and the work of J.R.R. Tolkien have a style that is very attractive, and I chose to use some orthodox ones in my basic designs. However, if I left those designs as is, they won’t stand out amongst the many fantasy designs already in the video game/comic/movie/etc. space. Because of that, I decided to exaggerate all of my character designs in a cartoonish fashion.

I exaggerated the silhouettes of all the masculine features in the male characters, the feminine features in female characters, and the monster-like features in the monsters from many different angles until each had a unique feel to them. I apologize to those who were made uncomfortable by the art’s appearance, and did not see the same light-hearted fantasy in my designs.

I don’t harbor any ill-will to Jason Schreier for the article he originally posted about the Sorceress or his follow-up. Although it may be negative feedback, I am very thankful for having one of our titles being covered. I do understand what Jason and the rest of the discussions on the internet are saying for the most part. I am not sure if I can implement the critiques from him and others around the internet into my future artistic creations, but I will definitely keep in mind that these opinions are out there and affect people on a personal level. I feel that any form of media content faces death when it doesn’t receive attention at all. So, be it criticism or support, I am truly thankful for the people talking about Dragon’s Crown and the people discovering Vanillaware for the first time.

In regards to the Dwarf image I posted on my Facebook page: This image was never intended to attack Jason. Originally, it was a promotional image that I created for my fan base in Japan, which I posted to the official Vanillaware Twitter account earlier.

We receive many requests from companies to create publicity illustrations for the game, but we never received any requests for the Dwarf. Also, as the game’s street date nears, most retail shops start requesting exclusive art for their retailer-exclusive bonus items. In Japan, these illustration requests can even be as specific as something like female characters in swimwear. In these requests as well, the Dwarf was nowhere to be seen.

So, I decided to unofficially draw a sweaty Dwarf in a bathing suit, with a bit of cynicism towards those retailer requests. I drew 3 of them to show that there are character color variations available.

However, this image is something I created on my own, and will not see the light of day in any publication. I felt it was a shame to just throw it out, and thought I’d just post it on my own Facebook. That’s when I remembered Jason’s article and thought that I’d post it as a little joke with a comment. I used an automated translator to try and make a lighthearted joke in English, but clearly that wasn’t the case. I was very surprised to see the crazy aftermath.

It’s okay if it was just me who was criticized, but it is not my intention to cause problems for Dragon’s Crown publisher (ATLUS) and all the other people who are involved in this project. From now on, I will limit myself about transmitting something personal out in the public.

Also, it would be very appreciated if you could please contact Index Digital Media, Inc. if you plan to make anything related to this matter, including this e-mail, into an article.

Lastly, please tell Jason that I am sorry for causing him trouble, and also to please don’t let my actions cause him to shy away from Vanillaware products…

Good bye, and thank you.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Got a needle in my arm right now

Givin blood

For glory, cookies and juice

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    TehSloth

you were my one thousandth agree! Congratulations you've only made me stronger.

Oh no, I didn't commemorate mine, I don't have any idea who it even was.

I feel like such an agreeslut

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Sloth, agree with this post.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Givin blood

Your definition of glory is cookies and juice?

Seems sensible enough.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Yeah, you an agreeslut.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    @spool32
    http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/03/how-nasa-got-an-android-handset-ready-to-go-into-space/

Awesome details about why they chose this particular device, and the prep needed to make it space-friendly for the ISS

TL DR on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    My final day at work will be full of sweeping, epic camera shots until the final dramatic closeip where you hear me say "Geth, delete."

• Options
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    When I fly in dreams I always have trouble controlling it.

It starts off fun but then I just start floating away and I try to grab onto things because I'm scared I will float up too high and then fall to my death or just float up so I die.

Flying in dreams is tied to focus and intention. Fear and distraction will guide the dream because the entire fabric of the dream state as you perceive it is defined by your emotional state*. You're afraid to float too high or to suddenly plummet but neither could actually harm you.

*injects @daemonsadi with the drugs from Inception*

6MtsS4Dl.jpg

Before you can fly you must learn to sit, grasshopper.
    * not unlike waking life :bz

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Givin blood

Your definition of glory is cookies and juice?

Seems sensible enough.
    And mini sandwiches!

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    i remember reading some otherkin stuff about a kid who's headmate was a dragon breaking down and crying in the school bathroom because he realized he would never fly again

similar @Mazzyx or. . .?

Mine was a dream. Probably connected stress and had no connection to reality?

So no

u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.