As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Really Makes Ya [Chat], Don't it?

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Yessssss great Geth awesome

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    @Chanus

when work cleans my computer i wonder what they're going to make of the numerous avatars with pink hair on my hard drive

You don't have a thing ready to wipe your HD when you leave?

I do that on all my work PCs.
    hmmmm

hm

My biggest obfuscation of what I did at the office was once I had an entire virtual PC that I ran off a USB stick that VPN'd into my home machine and would encrypt all communication to and from my home VPN.

Even if they saw the VPN connection, they couldn't see what was IN it, and they would have told me to cut it out without punishing me for posting censored boobies on a videogame forum.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I think DBZ gets a bum rap because of the Freiza fight, which does have crazy amounts of build up. Subsequent fights are much better about that though.

Cell was too and so are the training arcs that happen before the baddies arrive. Training before Vegeta/Nappa, before/on the way to Namek, before the Androids

Training is fine IMO. It's not just staring. I always thought of DBZ as being like an epic poem, where there are pages and pages about a hero arming himself for battle.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    When I fly in dreams I always have trouble controlling it.

It starts off fun but then I just start floating away and I try to grab onto things because I'm scared I will float up too high and then fall to my death or just float up so I die.

Flying in dreams is tied to focus and intention. Fear and distraction will guide the dream because the entire fabric of the dream state as you perceive it is defined by your emotional state*. You're afraid to float too high or to suddenly plummet but neither could actually harm you.

*injects @daemonsadi with the drugs from Inception*

6MtsS4Dl.jpg

Before you can fly you must learn to sit, grasshopper.
    * not unlike waking life :bz

So what do I do?

Please teach me master!

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    far cry 3 actually makes me angry with how bad the writing is

im sorry i cant hear you over blaze di fiya make it bun dem

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Buttlord wrote: »
    far cry 3 actually makes me angry with how bad the writing is

Buttlord? Butthurt.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    My thing about the artist's response to the Dragon Crown thing is how oblivious he seems to be to exactly what he's doing.

But that seems to be par for the course.

Anyway, Bioware strikes me as the most forward thinking when it comes to gender equality, not the least of which is their sensible including of various orientations, but in Mass Effect 3, Ashley's armor had massive tit canisters. And if your Shepherd is female, same with your armor.

Armor isn't made that way!

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Hello chat thread. Please make the day go faster. It isn't even noon and i'm counting the minutes until I'm reunited with my Sweet Action.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Eight notifications?! You do lov...

Oh. I'm just @'ed in a quote tree.

*cries*

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Flying is easy. Just go to the airport and buy a plane ticket. Assuming you're not vaguely middle eastern you'll be cloudbound in no time t'all.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    syndalis wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    @Chanus

when work cleans my computer i wonder what they're going to make of the numerous avatars with pink hair on my hard drive

You don't have a thing ready to wipe your HD when you leave?

I do that on all my work PCs.
    hmmmm

hm

My biggest obfuscation of what I did at the office was once I had an entire virtual PC that I ran off a USB stick that VPN'd into my home machine and would encrypt all communication to and from my home VPN.

Even if they saw the VPN connection, they couldn't see what was IN it, and they would have told me to cut it out without punishing me for posting censored boobies on a videogame forum.

I figure that if I leave a job voluntarily I'll have plenty of time to offload anything relevant to the org and make sure all the important data on my PC is saved somewhere, then I can kick off a disk wipe that they'd do already before re-issuing the PC. And if I'm fired and they let me near the computer again, well fuck it - burn it all down.

Got maintenance accounts with external login access at my last two employers too. I check every month or two, just to see if they're still active. You never know when you might need something like that...

spool32 on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    username bongbonga

wtf this must be a joke user or some bullshit

/googles

wellp that's an awesome Filipino surname I guess!

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    desc, you make me blush

• Options
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    My fiancee and I are going to get married in a movie theater this august, but I need a movie to show after the ceremony.

Any ideas, chatters?

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    When I fly in dreams I always have trouble controlling it.

It starts off fun but then I just start floating away and I try to grab onto things because I'm scared I will float up too high and then fall to my death or just float up so I die.

Flying in dreams is tied to focus and intention. Fear and distraction will guide the dream because the entire fabric of the dream state as you perceive it is defined by your emotional state*. You're afraid to float too high or to suddenly plummet but neither could actually harm you.

*injects @daemonsadi with the drugs from Inception*

6MtsS4Dl.jpg

Before you can fly you must learn to sit, grasshopper.
    * not unlike waking life :bz

So what do I do?

Please teach me master!

http://zmm.mro.org/teachings/meditation-instructions/

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    My thing about the artist's response to the Dragon Crown thing is how oblivious he seems to be to exactly what he's doing.

But that seems to be par for the course.

Anyway, Bioware strikes me as the most forward thinking when it comes to gender equality, not the least of which is their sensible including of various orientations, but in Mass Effect 3, Ashley's armor had massive tit canisters. And if your Shepherd is female, same with your armor.

Armor isn't made that way!

well maybe future armor is

Meershep has a codpiece

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Said it last night but I will say it again, fuck the new youtube front page.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    My fiancee and I are going to get married in a movie theater this august, but I need a movie to show after the ceremony.

Any ideas, chatters?

Misery

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Any ideas, chatters?

Without knowing more about your relationship and friends this would be hard to do.

But obviously Die Hard.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
  • Options

Any ideas, chatters?

oh god you're really asking us?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107211/

• Options
    Actually looking at that movie page gives me a physically nauseous feeling. The things I will do for a joke?

I'm literally gagging a bit here.

@Feral I forget sometimes just how visceral my reaction is.

• Options

Any ideas, chatters?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107211/
    This was for the funny response.

I asked the movie thread for the more thoughtful ideas. :P

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Any ideas, chatters?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414993/

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

Any ideas, chatters?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290223/

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

Any ideas, chatters?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0128853/?ref_=sr_1

fixed that link since it was broken :rotate:

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    Hey I think I'll call the help desk and put in a ticket for some support! I won't give them any information to help fix my issue except for my work phone!

/takes a week off

goddddammmmmit!

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Any ideas, chatters?

Entirely unrelated but: Monster Team

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
  • Options
    Was not expecting that Gooey.

• Options
    goddamnit, gooey

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    that link almost made me gag gui

• Options
    Thread, recycle Geth at page 100.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    DBZ is the best show in the world and anyone who disagrees with me is broken.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100

@Irond Will

This is how you set a thread to close. Now you know that.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

Any ideas, chatters?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414993/

this is a valid answer

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
This discussion has been closed.