Options

The Fourth Playstation Store Thread - NA: Blood Dragon, Soul Sacrifice, Spring Sale

• Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    Sly 4 sale? What US sale?

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Ooh, $20 for Sly Cooper 4. Yoink!

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    What was the concensus on Sly 4; PS3 or Vita?

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    PS3.

Its cross-buy, so that way you get both!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Awwww yessssss!

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    What's the consensus on Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault? I liked the demo fine, but I've heard the rigid structure of the tower defense thing gets grating after a while.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I think FFA feels more like Ratchet & Clank than it does tower defense. I really enjoyed it, and I don't even like tower defense. You're mostly going to be taking down the enemies yourself, and defending your base feels a bit like the arena battles in the regular R&C games. The defenses that you place are really just to give you some wiggle room on returning to your base during an assault.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Ah I thought I misread it and it was on the US store only. Good to know. Also Deadly premonition is available to purchase too. So tempting. ..

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    god watch the store not update until like 2am tonight

I WANT MY BLOOD DRAGON SONY LETS DO THIS

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    god watch the store not update until like 2am tonight

I WANT MY BLOOD DRAGON SONY LETS DO THIS
    How badly do you want it? Because how late the update is - is directly proportionate to how badly you want something in it. The Soul Sacrifice demo a few weeks back was one of the most anticipated things on PSN in a while. The store update ended up being so late that it didn't even come out till some time the next day.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    yea, im jinxing it i know. PSN will probably go down for a week or something just so i cant blood dragon.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Then you will buy it and the next day it will be free PS+

So thanks in advance for that!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    update is live! ps+ prices arent up yet i dont think, but the games etc are there.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    not sure if you all saw this or not, but May's PS+ lineup for US was announced.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=55849524&postcount=15793

Sleeping Dogs being the big one.

• Options
    blood dragon doesnt seem to show up anywhere in the store at the moment for whatever reason, but you can buy it through the web store. just a heads up.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

:-/ The biggest "big name" game I played when I had that three months of Plus (and then the additional accidental 3 months of Plus I got auto subbed to) was Borderlands.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    So being a person who has never played a metal gear solid game, but has played and loved most of the splinter cell games, which MGS game should I try? I've always heard they're similar? I loved chaos theory the most if that helps. I also don't want to watch a movie. I've heard some have ridiculously long cutscenes.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    So being a person who has never played a metal gear solid game, but has played and loved most of the splinter cell games, which MGS game should I try? I've always heard they're similar? I loved chaos theory the most if that helps. I also don't want to watch a movie. I've heard some have ridiculously long cutscenes.

All of them have ridiculously long cutscenes. The one with the best gameplay is kind of a toss-up. It's somewhere between MGS3, MGS4, and MGS: Peace Walker. If you buy the HD collection, you get 2, 3, and Peace Walker.

3 isn't a bad place to start the series, too. It's a prequel, so I don't think you need to have played 1 and 2 beforehand to get it.

But I mean, if long unpausable cutscenes are a deal-breaker, look elsewhere.

• Options

The games are at times more movie than game. I have a friend who loves the series but he might be insane.

I suppose you'd need to start at the beginning, when things were less crazy.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Yeah, everyone who loves the series is insane. Every one of us. We're all incapable of reconciling the enjoyment we get out of these games with the reality that they suck shit.

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »

All of them have ridiculously long cutscenes. The one with the best gameplay is kind of a toss-up. It's somewhere between MGS3, MGS4, and MGS: Peace Walker. If you buy the HD collection, you get 2, 3, and Peace Walker.

3 isn't a bad place to start the series, too. It's a prequel, so I don't think you need to have played 1 and 2 beforehand to get it.

But I mean, if long unpausable cutscenes are a deal-breaker, look elsewhere.

i was gonna say that. i havent actually played a MGS game since 2 on the ps2, but i have 3HD on my ps3 whenever i get the urge. one of my good friends says its pretty much his favorite game ever, so ive been meaning to give it a shot.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Ah ok. Maybe I'll just pick up the SC collection sometime and play through those again.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    Thanks for the link to the Sly/US sale. I shall be picking that up tonight when I get back from bowling, because cross-buy(yay!) and I've always wanted to play a sly game. I love the style and platformers so its a no brainer at that price. Plus proves to be a worthy purchase yet again.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Growlanser is 50% off.

I don't think anyone who cared about that game doesn't already own it, but I still hope it gets some people interested.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular

I bought it two days ago and haven't even touched it yet... PS+ strikes again.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Sleeping Dogs is fantastic. I played through it on the PC and still need to get through the DLC.

• Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    I'm more excited about The Pinball Arcade, but that has a lot to do with the fact that I already played Sleepy Dawgs on my 360. Overall, May is looking kind of weak even compared to April.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Reports claim the PS3 version of Deadly Premonition suffers from framerate issues and an overall worse performance than the 360 version.

Really disappointing if true.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Blah Blah Update Post.
    Playstation Plus

Instant Game Collection

Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov’s Revenge

Discounts

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
    PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3) $39.99 $27.99 $19.59
    PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS Vita) $35.99 $24.99 $17.49

BIOSHOCK (Big Daddy)

BioShock 2 $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
    BioShock $19.99 $13.99 $9.79

Metal Gear (Raiden)

Metal Gear Solid $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty – HD Edition $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater – HD Edition $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
    Metal Gear Solid HD Collection $39.99 $27.99 $19.59
    METAL GEAR SOLID: HD COLLECTION PS Vita $34.99 $24.49 $17.14
    METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
    Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker – HD Edition $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
    Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
    Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus $9.99 $6.99 $4.89

Sly Cooper

Sly Cooper : Thieves in Time $39.99 $27.99 $19.59
    Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time PS Vita $26.99 $18.49 $12.94
    The Sly Collection $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
    Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
    Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
    Sly 2: Band of Thieves $9.99 $6.99 $4.89

LittleBigPlanet (Sackboy)

LittleBigPlanet $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
    LittleBigPlanet 2 $19.99 $13.99 FREE
    LittleBigPlanet Karting $39.99 $27.99 $19.59
    LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita $35.99 $24.99 $17.49
    LittleBigPlanet PSP $14.99 $10.49 $7.34

Devil May Cry (Dante)

Devil May Cry HD Collection $29.99 $20.99 $14.69

God of War (Kratos)

God of War : Chains of Olympus $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
    God of War Collection $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
    God of War HD $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
    God of War II HD $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
    God of War: Ghost of Sparta $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
    God of War: Origins Collection $19.99 $13.99 $9.79

inFAMOUS (Cole MacGrath)

inFAMOUS $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
    inFAMOUS 2 $19.99 $13.99 FREE
    inFAMOUS Festival of Blood $9.99 $6.99 $4.89

Twisted Metal (Sweet Tooth)

Twisted Metal $39.99 $27.99 $19.59
    Twisted Metal $5.99 $3.99 $2.79
    Twisted Metal 2 $5.99 $3.99 $2.79
    Twisted Metal: Black $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
    Twisted Metal: Head-On $7.99 $5.59 $3.91

Ratchet & Clank

Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
    Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One $19.99 $13.99 FREE
    Ratchet & Clank: Collection $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
    Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
    Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
    Secret Agent Clank $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
    Price Change

Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom – PSP Game (now: $9.99 original price: $24.99)
    White Knight Chronicles 2: Concierge – Caesar – PS3 Add-on (now: Free original price: $0.99)
    White Knight Chronicles 2: Concierge – Cisna – PS3 Add-on (now: Free original price: $0.99)
    White Knight Chronicles 2: Concierge – Eldore – PS3 Add-on (now: Free original price: $0.99)
    White Knight Chronicles 2: Concierge – Framboise – PS3 Add-on (now: Free original price: $0.99)
    White Knight Chronicles 2: Concierge – Grazel – PS3 Add-on (now: Free original price: $0.99)
    White Knight Chronicles 2: Concierge – Kara – PS3 Add-on (now: Free original price: $0.99)
    White Knight Chronicles 2: Concierge – Leonard – PS3 Add-on (now: Free original price: $0.99)
    White Knight Chronicles 2: Concierge – Miu – PS3 Add-on (now: Free original price: $0.99)
    White Knight Chronicles 2: Concierge – Rocco – PS3 Add-on (now: Free original price: $0.99)
    White Knight Chronicles 2: Concierge – Scardigne – PS3 Add-on (now: Free original price: $0.99)
    White Knight Chronicles 2: Concierge – Shapur – PS3 Add-on (now: Free original price: $0.99)
    White Knight Chronicles 2: Concierge – Yulie – PS3 Add-on (now: Free original price: $0.99)
    White Knight Chronicles 2: Guild License – PS3 Add-on (now: Free original price: $0.99)
    White Knight Chronicles 2: Token Storage Ticket – PS3 Add-on (now: Free original price: $0.99)
    White Knight Chronicles 2: Geonet License – PS3 Add-on (now: Free original price: $0.99)

Sales

BioShock – PS3 Game (now: $13.99 original price: $19.99)
    BioShock 2 – PS3 Game (now: $13.99 original price: $19.99)
    Devil May Cry HD Collection – PS3 Game (now: $20.99 original price: $29.99)
    Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time – PSP Game (now: $14.99 original price: $29.99)
    Gungnir – PSP Game (now: $14.99 original price: $29.99)

-(PS3) Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 ($19.99)
    -(PS3) Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut ($39.99)
    -(PS3) Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon ($14.99)
    -(PS3) Poker Night 2 ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Zombie Tycoon II: Brainhov’s Revenge ($9.99, Cross-Buy with PS Vita)
    -(PS3) Demos for Urban Trial Freestyle, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and Poker Night 2

-(Vita) Soul Sacrifice ($35.99)
    -(Vita) Zombie Tycoon II: Brainhov’s Revenge ($9.99, Cross-Buy with PS3)
    -(Vita) Demo for Pure Chess PS Vita

-(PS2) Katamari Damacy ($9.99)

-(PSP) T.A.C. Heroes ($19.99)

Blood Dragon Blood Dragon Blood Dragon Blood Dragon Blood Dragon.

Also Soul Sacrifice. And the Spring Fever sale is balls-out fantastic. There's some good stuff here!

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Bit of an overlook to not discount the new DMC under the Dante category.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Bit of an overlook to not discount the new DMC under the Dante category.

Especially since it's a PASBR-themed Sale and New Dante is the one in the game.

...huh, I never actually thought about that. Way to go, Capcom.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Reports claim the PS3 version of Deadly Premonition suffers from framerate issues and an overall worse performance than the 360 version.

There's worse than that. Claims of save bugs perpetuated the NeoGAF thread too.

I'll definitely wait for the price drop.

Or import Red Seeds Profile.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    What's the consensus on Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault? I liked the demo fine, but I've heard the rigid structure of the tower defense thing gets grating after a while.

A huge step up from All 4 One but it still isn't the real sequel to A Crack in Time we all want. It's a pretty good game though. Gameplay's back to normal, but with the tower defence aspect. It's short, but I don't really think that's a bad thing. I'd recommend it, especially since you get Ratchet: Deadlocked/Gladiator HD for free whenever it comes out (plus Motorstorm RC for Europe/Aus/NZ).

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    How long is this sale going on? Might have to pick up a PSN card tomorrow. I've been waiting for Growlanser to drop below $20. I guess I can save the extra $5 for when Guacamelee hopefully drops a bit...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

There's worse than that. Claims of save bugs perpetuated the NeoGAF thread too.

I'll definitely wait for the price drop.

Or import Red Seeds Profile.

I just....how do you make a worse version of that game? That's simply not feasible.

Has there ever been a patch that has actually fixed framerate issues? If they can't at least make the game run on par with the 360, then the extra scenes/additions isn't worth the performance downgrade.

Are the load times at least faster?

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    If the original version is any measure, people will cling to any measure of the PS3 version being worse as "a resounding success," "five stars," "even when they didn't fix such a horribly broken game its charm still makes it amazing"

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    So, I'm new to PSN a bit. the Playstation plus instant game collection accumulates stuff over time the longer you have it, and you don't need to "tag" a game during the period it is offered, right?

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I believe you do need to start the DL then cancel it, so it's attached to your account.

uyvfOQy.png