As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Planetside 2 VANU] Apparently there have been upgrades! People are playing this!

• Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    My body is Reggie.

Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    Hoping to be available tonight myself. I got to play for a good bit last night; I like the flow the lattice system brings. It also helps that everyone wanted to check out Indar and for a while all three factions had roughly equal population.

NC pop dipped for a bit and we started pushing them back, but the push stalled out shortly after Tawrich as it looked like most of the VS decided to move north and join in the push against the TR.

Had some great battles up there, too.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    So apparently they adjusted some of the SC/Cert costs for certain weapons. Anyone come across a list of these changes?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    They made some pretty cool map changes across the board. Got rid of some pointless outposts and stuff, move around a lot of capture points. Really streamlined a lot of it all. Hopefully the other two maps dont take to long to revamp.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    So apparently they adjusted some of the SC/Cert costs for certain weapons. Anyone come across a list of these changes?

From reddit
    Main Battle Tanks:

AP Main Cannon (Supernova FPC, Titan-150 AP, P2-120 AP)- 500/700 -> 750/700

HE Main Cannon (Supernova VPC, Titan-150 HE, P2-120 HE)- 750/700 -> 1000/700

Vanguard (but not Harasser) Enforcer ML85- 250/500 -> 1000/700

Vanguard (but not Harasser) Enforcer C85 Modified 1000/700 -> 250/500

Various vehicles:

G-30 Walker- 1000/700 -> 750/700

G-40F Ranger- 1000/700 -> 750/700

E540 Halberd- 250/500 -> 750/700

Multiple classes:

Faction-specific alternative Pistol (Manticore, Rebel, TX2 Emperor)- 500/700 -> 250/500

Automatic Shotgun (Pandora VX25, AF-57 Piston, AS16 Nighthawk)- 1000/700 -> 750/700

NC/TR large magazine Shotgun (NC12 Sweeper, TS4 Haymaker)- 1000/700 -> 250/500

VS large magazine Shotgun (Nova)- 1000/700 -> 750/700

NC/TR fast reload Shotgun (Mauler S6, FA1 Barrage)- 1000/700 -> 750/700

VS fast reload Shotgun (Thanatos VE70)- 1000/700 -> 250/500

Infiltrator:

Semi-auto Scout Rifle (Nyx VX31, AF-6 Shadow, HSR-1)- 1000/700 -> 750/700

Full-auto Scout Rifle (Artemis VX26, AF-18 Stalker, SOAS-20)- 1000/700 -> 250/500

Heavy Assault:

VX29 Polaris, EM1, T9 CARV S- 1000/700 -> 250/500

AA Lock-on Launcher (Nemesis VSH9, Hawk GD-68, ASP-30 Grounder)- 1000/700 -> 250/500

AV Lock-on Launcher (Hades VSH4, AF-22 Crow, M9 SKEP)- 1000/700 -> 250/500

Medic:

Corvus VA55, Carnage BR, TAR- 1000/700 -> 250/500

Engineer/Heavy Assault:

Battle Rifle (Eidolon VE33, Warden, AMR-66)- 1000/700 -> 250/500

Engineer/Light Assault:

Razor GD-23, Serpent, LC3 Jaguar- 1000/700 -> 250/500

MAX:

Second Default MAX AV (Comet VM2, NCM2 Falcon, M3 Pounder HEG)- 1000/700 -> 250/500

High Capacity MAX AI (Cosmos VM3, AF-23 Grinder, M2 Mutilator)- 1000/700 -> 250/700

I would download a car.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I heard a call. Someone remember to yell at me tomorrow!

• Options
    Tomorrow being Thursday or Friday?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Thursday night, I think!

I'll be on tonight. I've basically run through the bonus 10k certs they awarded me (for reasons which are still not entirely clear) and am actually making a hundred+ certs a night for the past couple nights, between alert bonuses, population bonuses, daily award ribbons ... I actually feel like I'm making progress!

Of course, I still die a lot to people who are BR80+, but whatchagonnado?

Best part the other night was retaking a small base on Amerish (NOT INDAR! WOO!) with a primarily VDRS crew. Right before the base fell, a bunch of the NC who'd been holed up in the spawn room switched to infiltrator, ran out, and hid / cloaked. IRNV scopes are civilization.

• Options
    Lt Muffin360Lt Muffin360 Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I heard a call. Someone remember to yell at me tomorrow!

Don't worry. We will make sure to turn on the SniperGuy symbol spotlight for you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Quick, hide the Sunderers

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    Spanish InquisitionSpanish Inquisition Suprise Posting SpainRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Thursday night, I think!

I'll be on tonight. I've basically run through the bonus 10k certs they awarded me (for reasons which are still not entirely clear) and am actually making a hundred+ certs a night for the past couple nights, between alert bonuses, population bonuses, daily award ribbons ... I actually feel like I'm making progress!

Best part the other night was retaking a small base on Amerish (NOT INDAR! WOO!) with a primarily VDRS crew. Right before the base fell, a bunch of the NC who'd been holed up in the spawn room switched to infiltrator, ran out, and hid / cloaked. IRNV scopes are civilization.

You got the certs because they can't refund space fun buxs, which they 'refunded' for multiple purchases of the same stuff. And anyone who ever spent anything got a free membership with xp boost for this month.

Plus a double XP weekend is coming up.

Spanish Inquisition on
    AKA: gottabegaming, gotta, gottabeajerk, and Mr. Wave's Point/Click Adventure.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! Oh bugger.
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    Mentalgen! Tonight we dine... At the disco!

Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    I'll wear my best purple spandex!

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Thursday night, I think!

You got the certs because they can't refund space fun buxs, which they 'refunded' for multiple purchases of the same stuff.

I know that's what they said, but I only have 1 character, and the number of times I purchased the same item is less than a handful, so I'm not sure where they got more than 10 thousand certs from.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    they claim there were no errors, or at least none they can find, but anecdotal evidence seems to put the lie to that (or they refunded more stuff than they claimed they would.)

my math was that I'd get a 2800 cert grant (2 duplicate purchases at 700 SC each), but they gave each of my characters 5500. I can't think of any way they'd have arrived at that number. But they've also said they aren't going to claw back any of the grants, so bank error in your favor I guess.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    BBYnE36.jpg

Magrider lumifiber "2.0" (with cosmetic armor as well!) ... I want it.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    That is one sexy tank.

• Options
    Also:

5sp3yOq.jpg

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    Mmmmeeeeyaaahummm... eeeeh.

And that's all I have to say about that.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Going to join up with some of you Vanu sometime soon. It's going to be a new character with very few things transferring over from my main. I was thinking of dumping most of my certs into heavy assault, with the lancer as my first purchase. Past that, what should I dump my certs into? What is the general consensus on the vanu LMGs?

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Going to join up with some of you Vanu sometime soon. It's going to be a new character with very few things transferring over from my main. I was thinking of dumping most of my certs into heavy assault, with the lancer as my first purchase. Past that, what should I dump my certs into? What is the general consensus on the vanu LMGs?

They are all good for different things. Some have better hip fire accuracy, some are better at range.

The lasher is also a fantastic weapon once you learn how to use it.

Lancer is fun indeed, my favorite use is sniping MAX with it. Don't neglect the other rocket launchers though, sometimes the lancer is not ideal.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    The stock Orion is very good in close quarters, I usually just use that on my heavy. It does suffer at medium to long ranges so you could try the Pulsar LSW which is a better all around option and is 250 certs.

The Flare and the Ursa are the slower firing, harder hitting, lower COF in ADS options. I haven't tried them much myself, most of the time when I am using a heavy I am assaulting towers and a close-quarters weapon shines the most there.

When I farted around with the NS LMG in the VR it seemed like a really solid all-around option, plus it sounds cooler than any of the Vanu weapons, (which hopefully will change soon) and it will work on all your characters so that is another thing to consider.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I love the Pulsar. Throw on a 1.5x sight and a forward grip and it's a killing machine. Shreds at close quarters and if you manage your bursts it can put the hurt on at range.

Fleeb on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the horizontal recoil on the ursa and flare is pretty unfortunate and makes them really hard to use. They want to be a long range weapons, but wind up just kind of being bad at everything. I like the sva-88 the best, personally.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    The new lattice system is FANTASTIC. I am hype as fuck to play this again. I'm at work for two and a half weeks but will be playing when I get back. I want COA back!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    I use Orion for CQC (and medium range with burst control), and the Flare for longer range stuff.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I tried out the Sirius SMG earlier. That was fun. Infiltrators always gun me down that way, so it was nice to be on the giving end and actually have a positive K/D as Infiltrator for once.

Tempted to buy it sometime.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    The new lattice system is FANTASTIC. I am hype as fuck to play this again. I'm at work for two and a half weeks but will be playing when I get back. I want COA back!

It has its pros and cons. Right now since its only on one map it kinda removes options and strategy.

Its great for farming certs in zerg vs zerg though. But for now since the numbers don't really have much options to spread out, the battles become pretty linear based on population.

What's really nice is the capture point redesigns. Keeping them away from the spawns and tweaking some of the areas really makes things flow better.

The new ZOE on VS MAX is just fantastic though.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    So I am now downloading 8 gigs worth of patch. I have no idea what's going on, but the last I remember, I bought the SX6? The medic gun that everyone said was awesome, after they said the shotguns were not worth it.

• Options
    Shotguns are situational, but they can be quite good at shorter ranges. Light Assault gets the most use out of shotguns generally, because of their mobility.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    I really, really like the new VS MAX ability (ZOE).

It has made MAX fun to play and totally worth pulling one outside of the usual "hey we need a dual burster over here".

This of course means it is destined to be nerfed into oblivion.

• Options
    I am slowly working on getting my MAX timer down, as I want to specialize in MAX a bit more. Unlocked the first rank of ZOE but haven't really tried it out yet.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    The ZOE needs a few upgrades before its noticable.

The biggest benefit I've noticed for it is the comet. The anti-infantry guns its ok for, I mainly toggle on/off for the mobility. But the extra damage trade-off makes it nothing special and I wouldn't worry about a nerf.

I think the constant crying in /yell is just the TR and NC not being used to our MAX units not sucking total fucking ass. ZOE MAX still gets totally annihilated by a NC scatter MAX.

Try ZOE with dual comets though and you will just rip vehicles apart.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Sorry to everyone for dropping off kind of abruptly last night (esp. @LtMuffin360)!

It was fun while it (briefly) lasted! :)

I'm trying out a new "attack helicopter" build for the Scythe: PPA (High zoom), Photon Rocket Pods (IR optics), Scout Radar (about to upgrade to ... rank 3, 150m), Composite Armor (rank 2?), maxed-out Hover Stability airframe.

I rip tanks apart, and finding infantry "hiding" is lots of fun. I don't seem to rack up too many kills, but I get lots and lots and lots of assists - usually because I put down a lot of hurt, but then have to run away to repair, because lifetime over target is ridiculously short. Everyone and their brother has a lock-on weapon and flak is everywhere. The lack of flares (which I always use when running an AA-build Scythe) really, really hurts in the current environment.

Smart flying - popping up and over terrain features, always having a convenient mountain to hide behind (you know, like a helicopter ... - can ameliorate this somewhat, but, seriously, ESFs are fragile as hell.

I've got about two hundred certs at the moment, which I'm probably going to invest in upgrading the Scout Radar to rank 3 for more through-the-mountains visibility.

Fun thing I found out this weekend: ESFs will instantly explode when they run into trees, but missiles seem to have no problem whatsoever flying through them. More investigation is warranted.

Has anyone else had success running a similar build? Tricks and tips you can share?

• Options
    Probably 85% of my playtime is in a scythe. I run: Hailstorm Turbo Laser, rocket pods, Hover 3, Flares, Auto Repair

I think the turbo laser is needed for air to air engagements, especially on indar with the lattice system in place. All the major engagements are typically too hot for air to enter (at least during primetime) so this results in many pilots looking to cut off reinforcements around the large engagements often leading to minor air battles where you can't really count on anyone nearby to help you out.

On Waterson there are at least a few pairs of fighters that roam together from both NC and TR that can destroy unaware pilots. Thankfully the TR guys always seem to do reverse maneuvers over and over again, so when they pull a second or third one they have zero speed letting you dive and corkscrew out of there sometimes. The auto repair helps immensely in these battles, often I can evade them for 15-20s giving me time to regenerate some health and maybe get some help from the ground. If they make a mistake I might get some damage on them to force them to bug out. I don't often get kills on experienced pilots; most of my A2A kills are on people that don't really know what they are doing.

The Striker (TR lockon missile launcher) can avoid trees and allied units so if you are in TR territory and get locked don't even bother trying to obscure the missile. Dive and burn your afterburner and don't go back. Sometimes if you get locked and use your flares you'll get hit by 2-3 rockets anyway and if there is more than one person with a Striker firing at you it is possible all of the second persons rockets will hit you even if you flared. With lock-ons as popular as they are now, I won't fly without flares even though sometimes they aren't completely effective.

• Options
    mccart wrote: »
    Probably 85% of my playtime is in a scythe. I run: Hailstorm Turbo Laser, rocket pods, Hover 3, Flares, Auto Repair

My AA-built Scythe is Hailstorm (with +magazine), Missiles, Hover 3, maxed Flares, and Composite Armor. How would you rank the Auto Repair against the composite armor?
    With lock-ons as popular as they are now, I won't fly without flares even though sometimes they aren't completely effective.

Yeah, I'm trying to fight against his tendency with my attack chopper build, but it's seriously annoying the amount of lock-on from ground targets I have to deal with.

• Options
    My scythe has ejection seat. I then find a sunderer that we are having trouble taking out and fly over to it and jump out while those little fuckers are trying to lock-on to my scythe..... then C4, job done.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    I prefer being a Mag jockey so flying is mainly in response to heavy enemy air. With that in mind, I equip a turbolaser, AA missiles, flares, and stealth. Since most air tends to be focused on air to ground action, flying at high altitude allows me to pounce on low flying aircraft.

Also, if you are fighting Reavers, take advantage of the wonky ramming mechanics. More often than not, you will be able to fly away from a mid-air collision. Oddly enough, this does not work with the frailer looking Skeeter.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    My scythe experience is normally as follows:

1. Pull Scythe
    2. Fly to target area
    3. Attack a target
    4. Lock-On warning / taking fire from enemy - take evasive maneuvers!
    5. Impact with tree, mountain, or ammo tower. Respawn at nearest base.

At least I know I'm making people happy. I'm sure many TR/NC have gotten a good laugh from my sudden and amazing ability to fly into things as soon as I come under fire.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    I haven't tried composite armor, mostly because with flak I seem to either get away with not too much trouble or get instantly exploded by fire from 5 maxes. When there is flak present there is usually so much of it that I'm not sure if the armor would allow me to get in there and do some damage.

I've thought about trying it but auto repair has saved my butt so many times now I think I'll stick with it at least until they do the ESF overhaul and see what things are like then.