As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[State of Decay] YOSE available now on XBone/PC. $10 off for returning SoD owners!

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    I'm fairly certain that the character you start with is going to be one of the best melee-focused critters for the whole game. >_>

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Sooooo...how do I get more beds.

Everyone is tired all the time.

Also how do I tell someone to come with me?

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »

They have to want to live first.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »

You gotta build additional sleep areas. If youre low on construction supplies, you can have radio girl find you a spot with the materials you need.

I too would like to know how to get someone to come with me. We're getting surrounded by infestations, and i cant clear them alone.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Pro-tip: when you do a fast search of something, it doesn't automatically cause more noise.

What it does do is allow for a chance of making varying levels of noise if there's a screwup, up to and including "Oh shit, oh shit, we're all gonna die" zombie levels.

*This message brought to you by the Oh Shit, Oh Shit, We're All Gonna Die Foundation.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    I haven't found a sure fire way of coaxing allies to come with on missions. What you can do is wait for a story mission or morale mission to pop up, grab the npc, and just take him wherever you want to go.

In other news, Marcus is my dawg. He's so good at melee that he doesn't even need a weapon anymore. His kicks decapitate zombies. Of course he's still carrying a two handed axe around because it is just soooo satisfying.

Also, hitting zombies with car doors is never going to get old, is it? No, no it will not.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    This game is fantastic for twenty bucks.

Zombies are dangerous enough so they aren't ever just an annoyance.

Outposts are hilarious. I put one on each corner of the starter town and just firebombed every horde with traps before it got to do anything.

Poor ed.

The little things are great. Watchtower guy just plinking away at zombies, random encounters. Haven't gone to the big city yet, seeing how long I can scavenge out in the country.

Has anyone tried living in the kirkman residence? How's the layout compared to the church?

• Options
    Theres a huuuuge ass truck warehouse down by the courthouse where the judge is. I suspect its the end all be all community site.

Trying to build up the materials and people needed to relocate us all down there.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    This game really needs the ability to see how many open slots and static emplacements each potential base has before committing to it.

I moved my camp to a food storage warehouse in the big city and it came with its own dormitory, workshop, and storehouse, but since those were freebie rooms they can't be upgraded. So I had to build another workshop to be able to repair cars, and another bunkhouse so I could upgrade the beds.

Like Jacob said: "Just remember... tree fort!"

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Remarkably decent balance with this game. A lone zombie is easy pickings. Two can be handled easily, but you've got to be careful or you will take damage. Three is getting iffy and you'll very likely get damaged. 4-8? Pull out a gun if you don't want to get shredded. Any more than that? Drop a distraction item and run, because they will eat the hell out of you if they ever get close.

Had a horde within easy view of the church that I tried to gank by drawing them out with firecrackers to drop a firebomb on them. End result? Me hauling my ass back to the church and barely coming away alive; if I hadn't spare firecrackers and somebody hadn't been on the watchtower, I would've been a zombie buffet within sight of safety. They got me down to something like 10% health and chewed up a bunch of rifle rounds, but I got through it.

Actually had to take a break after that, because it was pretty intense.

EDIT: And the character permadeath has me leery about even scouting out one of the infested buildings.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    Sam is quickly becoming my favorite character for her badass dreds and high cardio. She and Marcus had a close call when Marcus had gone missing and Sam went to look for him. Found him in a nearby house, but we alerted two hordes. We had about 15 walkers inside the house with just us two. Thank god for the dodge ability. She bobbed and weaved, spectacularly crashing through a window on her way out of the house to jump in the muscle car and escape with Marcus. Haven't lost a character yet, but it's been close now a couple of times.

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    How do I make more beds? How do I move people into the Kirkman Residence? I love this game but nothing frustrates me more when a game doesn't tell me how the fuck to do things.

• Options
    Use D-pad "up" to pull up your portfolio or whatever, then move over until it shows your residence (it'll show a picture with a basic layout of the church, plus some empty squares).

Select an empty square there, then select the option that builds a basic sleeping area (no beds, just cots). Then you have to build a workshop (which takes another square) before you can upgrade the cot area to a bunkhouse (which will give you 8 more beds; the game will tell you that you have to build a workshop in order to build a bunkhouse).

As far as moving to another place, I have no idea.

• Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    I'm loving this game, but I think the workshop is broken. Well, I did, until I saw a post from the devs. Turns out they just failed hard when designing it.

Official Forums
    Hello! I've seen a few questions on how to repair your vehicles. I will do my best to try to explain how this currently happens...

When you first start a new game, a clock starts.
    Once 14 real life hours have passed since you first started your new game, the game will consider that the next real life day.
    You have to exit the game for this logic to occur.
    When you continue your game again, the game will check the clock and make the repairs to your vehicle (if the dependencies are met).

Repairs are dependent on the following:
    The vehicle is parked in a designated parking spot.

Normal workshop will only repair tire and body (non-engine). Warehouse has a built in version of this that cannot be upgraded.
    If you then have the upgraded your workshop for car engine repairs, your vehicle will repair engine damage as well as tire/body

All of this happens when you continue your game after a 14 hour cycle has passed.
    Please note that the basic workshop will not repair a vehicle at all.

So...yeah. "Once a day" doesn't mean in-game days, thus screwing anyone who plays more than two hours each night. I guess this explains why I've played all day and my nearly broken weapons in the stash haven't been fixed.

XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    That's a bit silly.

None the less, it looks like I am not going to be playing this game for a very long time because they fucked up on the rating here in Australia. Apparently it will need to go through certification or some shit again, which pretty much means it will be weeks away before it comes out here. I am extremely unimpressed, given other developers and publishers can routinely get games out here day and date, I am honestly not sure what they fucked up on here but I am actually not inclined to blame the Australian government for this one (for once - they have greater sins).

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    Ugh I hate adventuring around
    At night in this game. Wish I could sleep through it

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • Options
    Outposts have made my life so much easier! I didnt know they laid out traps. No more hordes pushing me around.

4 of my community members are missing, though... Including Marcus. I dont know whats causing this.

• Options
    DigitalSyn wrote: »
    Ugh I hate adventuring around
    At night in this game. Wish I could sleep through it

I like the flashlight option though. Bright enough to be useful, not too dark without it, doesn't run out of batteries.

I'd still want a sleep option. Ive hit too many people with firebombs to have more than one guy available

• Options
    Lt. FraggLt. Fragg Registered User regular
    So apparently I have one of those good problems. I found a nice cache of meds and managed to haul them back myself (for some reason, radioing for help didn't do shit).

However now, it tells me the meds wont last the night, unless I have a storage area. Problem being, I bring up the church floorplan, and there are no options for a supply dump or whatever, just the regular building options.

Any ideas?

• Options
    Lt. Fragg wrote: »
    So apparently I have one of those good problems. I found a nice cache of meds and managed to haul them back myself (for some reason, radioing for help didn't do shit).

However now, it tells me the meds wont last the night, unless I have a storage area. Problem being, I bring up the church floorplan, and there are no options for a supply dump or whatever, just the regular building options.

Any ideas?

Cheesy pete, how many meds do you have stockpiled? I mean I have enough for 4-5 days and have no issue.

• Options
    Voro wrote: »
    I'm loving this game, but I think the workshop is broken. Well, I did, until I saw a post from the devs. Turns out they just failed hard when designing it.

Official Forums
    Hello! I've seen a few questions on how to repair your vehicles. I will do my best to try to explain how this currently happens...

When you first start a new game, a clock starts.
    Once 14 real life hours have passed since you first started your new game, the game will consider that the next real life day.
    You have to exit the game for this logic to occur.
    When you continue your game again, the game will check the clock and make the repairs to your vehicle (if the dependencies are met).

Repairs are dependent on the following:
    The vehicle is parked in a designated parking spot.

Normal workshop will only repair tire and body (non-engine). Warehouse has a built in version of this that cannot be upgraded.
    If you then have the upgraded your workshop for car engine repairs, your vehicle will repair engine damage as well as tire/body

All of this happens when you continue your game after a 14 hour cycle has passed.
    Please note that the basic workshop will not repair a vehicle at all.

So...yeah. "Once a day" doesn't mean in-game days, thus screwing anyone who plays more than two hours each night. I guess this explains why I've played all day and my nearly broken weapons in the stash haven't been fixed.

Yeah it is extremely frustrating the number of references the game makes to "days" yet for some reason there is this bizarre fucking requirement for some things to take Real World Days and other things take In Game Days. And they never tell you which is which.

Like, I set my storage area to "Try Preserving Food," thinking - oh, three days to smoke some meat doesn't sound so bad.

Nope. Won't be done until fucking Saturday.

:|

• Options
    Goddamnit, Marcus just died. My one gripe about the game is the gun mechanics are awful.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Goddamnit, Marcus just died. My one gripe about the game is the gun mechanics are awful.

And the Wilkinson story mission is buggy as all hell. If you don't bring guns to it you are well and proper fucked. Lost my Marcus there too and I am not happy about it one bit. I almost had him maxed out.

but this game

• Options
    The farmhouse siege? Beat it with pretty much just molotovs :D

Maya's been my grrl so far. Marcus is ok, he's missing though... Come back Marcus!

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    You guys are talking about an in-game thing that says they are missing? I've had people go out on their own missions, so they are not at the safehouse and you can't switch to them.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I actually save-scummed the Wilkinson mission (just turned off the system when the mission because impossible to recover) because fuck no am I going to lose a character because he brought a shotgun instead of a gun of one of the other 10 bullet types they had there.

Here's what I ended up doing and it made it a thousand times better:
    1. Shut down the system if you're already committed to the mission.
    2. Get an expensive item from the church supply stash that you won't use (I had a shovel), plus a gun in 9mm or .45 (those are the most common gun types I've found; there's 5.56 ammo at the Wilkinson place as well).
    3. Grab a stack of healing items, plus a stack of firebombs.
    3. If you have an automatic weapon, go to manual aim with it and press A; this will set it to single-shot mode and save you a HUGE amount of ammo.
    4. Make sure you've got at least one slot free so you can get a free combat item when you start the mission.
    5. When you get inside the Wilkinson place, put the expensive item in their stash (this gives you a big chunk of trust-money you can use to buy at least a whole stack of ammo from them).
    6. When the fight starts, watch the barricades and CAREFULLY headshot zombies while they smash against them; also make sure to keep the barricades repaired, and you can repair barricades even as zombies are whacking at them.

I did things this way and it went from a suicidally impossible mission the first time around to a tense, but completely doable, fight. Zombies like to bunch up at the barricades, so sometimes you can step outside and firebomb a crowd of them while they're banging on a barricade.

Also, I am completely boggled that the devs put crazy-high real-world time limits on things, though I played quite a bit today and didn't bump up against them. Somebody should try disconnecting from the internet and running the system clock forward to see if you can get around a stupid limit like that. If you've been saving to the online cloud (like I was doing before I changed back to my HDD), you can copy your save file back to your hard drive through the main menu settings option. There's an option for saving back to the hard drive, which takes the cloud file and puts it with your system; then you can disconnect from the internet and mess with the system clock without having to start over.

EDIT: Oh, and does anybody know which missions have a time limit to start them? I've had a few end that I didn't get around to, but I want to explore more than I want to push the main missions forward.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Lt. FraggLt. Fragg Registered User regular
    I actually save-scummed the Wilkinson mission (just turned off the system when the mission because impossible to recover) because fuck no am I going to lose a character because he brought a shotgun instead of a gun of one of the other 10 bullet types they had there.

Here's what I ended up doing and it made it a thousand times better:
    1. Shut down the system if you're already committed to the mission.
    2. Get an expensive item from the church supply stash that you won't use (I had a shovel), plus a gun in 9mm or .45 (those are the most common gun types I've found; there's 5.56 ammo at the Wilkinson place as well).
    3. Grab a stack of healing items, plus a stack of firebombs.
    3. If you have an automatic weapon, go to manual aim with it and press A; this will set it to single-shot mode and save you a HUGE amount of ammo.
    4. Make sure you've got at least one slot free so you can get a free combat item when you start the mission.
    5. When you get inside the Wilkinson place, put the expensive item in their stash (this gives you a big chunk of trust-money you can use to buy at least a whole stack of ammo from them).
    6. When the fight starts, watch the barricades and CAREFULLY headshot zombies while they smash against them; also make sure to keep the barricades repaired, and you can repair barricades even as zombies are whacking at them.

I did things this way and it went from a suicidally impossible mission the first time around to a tense, but completely doable, fight. Zombies like to bunch up at the barricades, so sometimes you can step outside and firebomb a crowd of them while they're banging on a barricade.

Also, I am completely boggled that the devs put crazy-high real-world time limits on things, though I played quite a bit today and didn't bump up against them. Somebody should try disconnecting from the internet and running the system clock forward to see if you can get around a stupid limit like that. If you've been saving to the online cloud (like I was doing before I changed back to my HDD), you can copy your save file back to your hard drive through the main menu settings option. There's an option for saving back to the hard drive, which takes the cloud file and puts it with your system; then you can disconnect from the internet and mess with the system clock without having to start over.

EDIT: Oh, and does anybody know which missions have a time limit to start them? I've had a few end that I didn't get around to, but I want to explore more than I want to push the main missions forward.

Hmmm had a feeling I did that mission "wrong". I also did it with just a few molotovs and a few ninja sneaks out onto the porch to hose preoccupied Zeds tearing down the barricades.

It was easy even with the horde - it was the fat fuck that gave me some trouble :P Still managed to survive though.

And regarding my earlier storage question, still dont know how to store extra surplus, but some in game trigger raised the med consumption, along with a full household, so the extra meds came in handy and none went to waste.

And yea, members will just leave on their own missions, and radio girl will bug you to all hell if they're in trouble and need a rescue. Almost lost one like that because I ignored it for so long.

Fun game, but I did expect a bit more freedom. All the damn missions that keep coming up seemed time sensitive, so I haven't really had the time to take off and really explore yet. Speaking of, am I supposed to be wiping out these infestations? I have been ignoring them since I never have a partner, and now it seems there is a lot more of them and hordes wandering the streets.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    The infections are actually not too horribly bad, now that I've gone after a couple of them. I think that if you were to do something like toss firecrackers or use a noisy timer outside one of the infested buildings, you could probably draw out a bunch of the zombies and mow them down with a car. You have to get the "boss" zombies in those places as well, but I've only found screamers so far and you can actually use sneak attacks on them or take them down with a headshot.

Unless they see you, in which case you're in for trouble if you haven't killed all the other zombies around. But if you have, then you can just pop them in the face without a problem. Don't get cocky, though; all it takes is for a roaming swarm to get alerted by a screamer to make clearing an infestation go downhill fast. If things get dicey, just run for it, or at least have a car nearby to even up the odds.

And pretty sure infestations get worse if you leave them; the infestations I have all went from one screamer to two at around the same time, so leaving them be probably means more trouble later on.

EDIT: FYI, your hideout has a set limit of each resource type it can hold (I think it's 50 across the board for the church, and the limit is shown in some menu). If you're near that limit, just don't grab any more of that resource type. The map will still remember resource locations, so you can just go back later to order a lackey to come out and grab it when you actually need it.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    I understand that people should play games however they want and everyone has different things they enjoy... but that seems kind of lame to me. I barely got through that mission without a gun, and yea, lesson learned, come prepared. The game was designed/balanced around people getting killed. You save-scummed that mission because you weren't prepared, what is going to stop you from doing that all the time? Aren't you afraid you are going to make the game trivially easy by doing that?

Not sure if you can really tell on timed missions. I do know that you will get a radio call warning you that you need to act soon on some missions. However, I don't know if you always get a warning like that, or if the warning is just reminding you that the missions is there.

I don't know if infestations spawn more zombies or not. I have been avoiding the hordes of zombies myself and recently got a quest to thin them out, so they might be related. I'm pretty sure the horde was heading to my safehouse too, so that could have been a gameover.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I had zero guilt about save-scumming that mission, because it's one thing to be prepared (which I generally am, with enough stuff to handle a fair bit of scavenging and fighting), and it's a completely different situation to get screwed because the game throws a knock-down drag-out kit-out-for-nothing-but-combat-and-make-sure-to-bring-the-right-gun mission at you with zero warning. I also had a "help the other survivors" fight immediately beforehand and knew I was equipped to handle another one of those (though that fight drained my resources as well), but what the game throws at you is way more combat-heavy than taking down a measly dozen or so zombies.

I mean, the game basically says "go check out these dudes", instead of something appropriate like "a bunch of zombies headed that way, just so you know while you go check them out". That's not unforgiving, it's just stupid. It's basic common sense to warn a player about a major event like that so they can prepare, especially when the fail result is getting permanently dead. And I can't walk around the entire game carrying enough ammunition and combat items for a full several-dozen zombie fight plus boss zombies, not if I want to scavenge for more than one or two items at a time. I was up in that area doing stuff, checked out a mission with an entirely innocuous description, and have no patience for devs expecting me to be psychic enough to bring a ton of artillery and healing items without even hinting at major combat.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    How has it taken so long to make this game? Its so good.

But I fear for spoilers and I am having far too much fun in my zombie sandbox to risk it, so I will get caught up in here once I am sated.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I had zero guilt about save-scumming that mission, because it's one thing to be prepared (which I generally am, with enough stuff to handle a fair bit of scavenging and fighting), and it's a completely different situation to get screwed because the game throws a knock-down drag-out kit-out-for-nothing-but-combat-and-make-sure-to-bring-the-right-gun mission at you with zero warning. I also had a "help the other survivors" fight immediately beforehand and knew I was equipped to handle another one of those (though that fight drained my resources as well), but what the game throws at you is way more combat-heavy than taking down a measly dozen or so zombies.

I mean, the game basically says "go check out these dudes", instead of something appropriate like "a bunch of zombies headed that way, just so you know while you go check them out". That's not unforgiving, it's just stupid. It's basic common sense to warn a player about a major event like that so they can prepare, especially when the fail result is getting permanently dead. And I can't walk around the entire game carrying enough ammunition and combat items for a full several-dozen zombie fight plus boss zombies, not if I want to scavenge for more than one or two items at a time. I was up in that area doing stuff, checked out a mission with an entirely innocuous description, and have no patience for devs expecting me to be psychic enough to bring a ton of artillery and healing items without even hinting at major combat.

It's a little different in this game though, because even an easy "kill 4 zombies" mission can turn into a massive 25 zombie fight if you make noise in the wrong place. You should be prepared all the time, or know that if you are not prepared, you could lose a character. The other half of my issue was so what if you lose a character? The game was designed around you losing people in your group. It's going to happen, part of the fun is going to be figuring out how to recover, and carry on. Finally, you could have just left the mission when you saw that you weren't prepared. There would probably be consequences, but I doubt it would be the end of the game if you fail it.

And again, I'm not trying to tell you how to play/enjoy the game. I'm just trying to provide a different view that losing a character isn't the end of the world. I think for me, I'm not save-scumming because it's a slippery slope. If I reloaded the game after something like that, I'd be tempted to do it again if say a regular mission triggered a zombie horde randomly... or if I turned slightly early and flipped my car or whatever.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    And I'm totally fine rolling with situations I create where I end up getting swamped by zombies because I let myself get cornered or underestimated the situation. I've come within a hit or two of being eaten a few times and managed to get away, but those were all from me doing something dumb or not planning.

But I was simply in no mood for failing a mission or dying because the game failed to give me so much as a "there might be some risk of lots of zombies" warning. And even then, I could likely have handled the mission just fine if the Wilkinson stash had included shotgun shells along with 10-12 other ammo types there. There was just too much "we could have let you prepare for this mission but didn't" going on for me to tolerate it, so I didn't. Missions designed to be failed without foreknowledge in a setting like this is something I have zero patience for, and that Wilkinson mission is a prime example of that sort of thing. If I'm supposed to fail, don't give me the illusion of control and then ambush me with a dumb fight that I would normally prep for.

• Options
    Why the fuck do all of my people go missing? I'm spending most of my time rescuing missing people at this point. Anyone have any tips?

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Does anyone else now have a used car emporium outside the front gates?

Because if you need a ride and are ok with some slight damage, boy does Marcus have the car for yooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Why the fuck do all of my people go missing? I'm spending most of my time rescuing missing people at this point. Anyone have any tips?

Maybe your base is low on supplies so they go out looking on their own? I have no idea, I've never had anybody missing that I've noticed.

Anyway, biggest complaint I'm having about the game right now is that the framerate is atrocious. Yeah, I can see why they didn't prioritize optimization considering what a meaty chunk of game this is for twenty bucks, but that doesn't keep me from wishing the game would stop dropping down to 10-15 FPS as often as it does. Driving is especially bad; I've had the game drop textures outright because the system is chugging so hard, leaving me with flat-grey vehicles or popping scenery.

Ah well, PC version should handle those issues handily; pity we have no idea when it will hit.

• Options

I beat that mission with my bare hands and 1 painkiller.

Bare hands because I had 2 damaged weapons and they both broke in the first wave.

1 painkiller because fatty zombies are stupid easy to fight on that porch. Get them to charge off the porch, then dropkick them in the head repeatedly as they try to climb back up.

So you were unprepared in the zombie apocalypse, and got mad about it. Not the developers fault. You don't NEED guns to do anything so far, Most of the time they are a bigger hindrance than help. I just started finding grenade launchers and have put all of them into storage, or given them to ed. No way am I causing that much noise.

You need more outposts. They increase the chance your people come home safely by 15% each one.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    So you were unprepared in the zombie apocalypse, and got mad about it. Not the developers fault. You don't NEED guns to do anything so far, Most of the time they are a bigger hindrance than help. I just started finding grenade launchers and have put all of them into storage, or given them to ed. No way am I causing that much noise.
    You keep in mind that you're clearly just Too Hardcore for the likes of me, and I'll keep in mind that I've been playing games for plenty long enough to a) know when shitty design choices are in play and b) that fun overrides Hardcore.

If people got to that and didn't have an issue, whatever. But objectively? That mission is ass, so I can gladly disregard you telling me how I should be playing the game. Seriously? Getting butthurt because you don't like how someone else is handling the game? Pretty tedious.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    Always drop some frames pulling into the driveway up to the church, I end up like the pizza delivery guy from Home Alone, always hitting the same thing (because the controls lock up).

Also I see that cars go from white smoke to black smoke to smoldering fire. I haven't done anything else with my car that's billowing out fire, but I had kind of expected it to explode GTA style at some point.

Also for anyone not in the know: You can't change your home base until you get a message about people at base wanting to look for a new place. After that you can go to any of the potential homes, call up the radio with d-pad down and change home locations for however many resources and influence points.

Outposts are supposed to cut down on the hordes and general zombie-dom, so I assume they could potentially help people getting lost/going missing. Those generally show up as a mission somewhere on your map (although they do keep telling me Jack is missing and I don't see a specific Search and Rescue on my map, so maybe some of them are story-related).

It'd have been nice if they stole the one newish good idea from Two Worlds II co-op and had the timers work in game time while you're playing and real-time when you're not.

• Options
    Additional point: placing outposts strategically can reap excellent benefits; don't just pick some random buildings and make them outposts. On the corners of major intersections are good because the traps will kersplode hordes, and spacing them a good distance away from base allows you to stray pretty far for scavenging. You can't drop rucksacks at them, but being able to offload weapons and items makes scavenging much, much less of a chore than it could be.

Speaking of in-game timing, something that has me concerned is the resource consumption rate. The game will say "-X per day" for each type, but is that in-game days or real-time days? Because it would be really obnoxious if I have to play every day to keep from having 0 resources if I don't get to play for a while.