As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Real [E3] Thread (Check OP For Streams)

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    We saw Sony bend Microsoft over today. Never thought it'd happen. I'm still stunned.

Just relax and let it happen. It'll all be over eventually.

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    Where are the edits. I want to see the video edits of the conferences that make them all look terrible and hilarious. WHERE ARE MY EDITS?

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    You know that Sony was super giddy with excitement the entire night to make that used games/no drm burn.

They were giddy like five year old boys after drinking a gallon of kool-ade.

Cerny knew. Right after the Microsoft conference when he sat down with Keighley and smiled. He knew.

God I bet that's a good feeling, knowing that no matter what happens that evening, even if Ubisoft manage to somehow Ubisoft up their own demo, everything is going to go swimmingly regardless.

I've had that feeling once. That feeling where you know your opponent just made the worst possible mistake, only they don't see it yet. At first, you freak out a little, because you think you've missed something. Something glaringly obvious. But you do a quick check, realize you have the clear, and just start smiling, because you've already won. You still have to go through the motions; but it is the best feeling, and you can't help but grin the whole way through.

Roz on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    We saw Sony bend Microsoft over today. Never thought it'd happen. I'm still stunned.

That is terrible, hilarious, and ironic. 8->

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular

You are a terrible person for this.

But I can appreciate the irony.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013

I forbid you from ever using this as flavor text :P

Roz on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular

Post of the year right here folks. It's so... I don't know. Poetic?

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    ku-medium.png

The gifs I'm seeing around are already pretty incredible.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    So my ranking of the conferences:

Sony (floored me)
    EA (Solid line up of games)
    Ubisoft (awkward, lineup not as solid as EA's)
    Microsoft (good presentation, just personally not interested in the games they presented)

Not knocking points off Microsoft for what Sony did, this is based off my opinion of what they brought individually.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh cool, the central line in the PS4 is going to have the PS2 blue in it. I always liked that shade.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    This reminds me of that episode of the Boondocks where the faux-Shang Tsung is shouting "FINISH HIM!" at the top of his lungs and the chick rips the guys heart out.

It was exactly like that really.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Man I really hope Microsoft does something, like make the game less expensive if you own a 360 already, just... something.

I really want to play Ryse guys!

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Makes me sad that GAF is down.

They usually don't disappoint on that front.

(see the Seven Xbox One gif floating around)

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    ku-medium.png

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/549/148/f29.gif
    (6MB gif)

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    ku-medium.png

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/549/148/f29.gif
    (6MB gif)

Awww, that needs to be Tretton.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    Today was awesome. I have been legitimately upset over where I thought the future of gaming was going, and today relieved a ton of my fears. The two companies could have switched names and I wouldn't have been any less happy. This isn't because I hate Microsoft or love Sony, it's because I won't support one kind of DRM over another.

What an awesome day. Man I feel great. I was legitimately worried earlier today that I wouldn't get to play MGSV.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular

Yikes. Slightly creepsauce, but it is the midnight hour. . .

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    This was way more brutal than when Sony killed the Saturn. Sony took the Xbox One apart tonight. I'm not alone in thinking the PS4 was pushing much more impressive graphics, right? For $100 less?

Just wow.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Today was awesome. I have been legitimately upset over where I thought the future of gaming was going, and today relieved a ton of my fears. The two companies could have switched names and I wouldn't have been any less happy. This isn't because I hate Microsoft or love Sony, it's because I won't support one kind of DRM over another.

What an awesome day. Man I feel great. I was legitimately worried earlier today that I wouldn't get to play MGSV.

Sony would have had to basically given up on Japan completely for them to have gone with a restrictive DRM scheme like MS has and I never saw that in the cards.

People were assuming that because MS did it Sony was forced into doing it as well when nope, MS was just being an idiot.

This is nearly as bad as the PS3 versus 360 debacle and I think it will when all the chips are counted come back as an even worse result for MS than it was for Sony. Sony actually has a stronger first party now, is cheaper, is releasing at the same time with loads of good press (even their one black mark, charging for online, is something that MS has done now for two generations and they can always tout the free games.)

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    ED! wrote: »

And here I thought quoting the Xbox conference would be amusing.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular

I didn't watch it. There has to be some context there, otherwise - what an awkward statement.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular

I didn't watch it. There has to be some context there, otherwise - what an awkward statement.

Yes. It was.

When a presenter said it during the XBone presentation.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    This was way more brutal than when Sony killed the Saturn. Sony took the Xbox One apart tonight. I'm not alone in thinking the PS4 was pushing much more impressive graphics, right? For $100 less?

Just wow.

It's similar in that both Sega and MS really didn't understand the tone of the market they were in. Unlike Sega though MS has largely good credit with most of its fans with no Sega CD or 32x in recent memory, though it does have some people fed up with paying for gold or still salty over RROD or disc scratching and a lot of flak from the indy scene on the publisher end.

I do agree that this is shaping up to be a much worse deal though.

• Options
    It's nuts the way a single day cleared up the next decade of gaming for me. Everything but the One, easy as that.

• Options
    BMcw9kiCMAANA1L.png

Amusing.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    iuQBijQ7Z74Vy.gif

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular

Just wow.

It's similar in that both Sega and MS really didn't understand the tone of the market they were in. Unlike Sega though MS has largely good credit with most of its fans with no Sega CD or 32x in recent memory, though it does have some people fed up with paying for gold or still salty over RROD or disc scratching and a lot of flak from the indy scene on the publisher end.

I do agree that this is shaping up to be a much worse deal though.

Like I said.

If you'd asked me what system I was getting a month ago, I would have said the next Xbox right off the bat.

Now, I'm 100% getting a PS4.

• Options
    They did completely blow off the Vita for a second year running. Most people didn't notice or care but they basically only announced what, 2 new ports and that the games they announced last summer would come out this year.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Speculatively, where would Microsoft go without a successful 3rd generation console? Windows 8 doesn't seem to be pulling any slack either.

Can MS survive on corporate licenses?

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    I loved the contrast between MS and Sony when they were talking about their commitments to indie titles.

MS shows a minecraft video and Sony has eight games being played on stage.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular

Just wow.

Nope and it's not surprising given that it's significantly more powerful.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Speculatively, where would Microsoft go without a successful 3rd generation console? Windows 8 doesn't seem to be pulling any slack either.

microsoft office costs like four million dollars per licence

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular

It's great too because this is not a verbatim quote but we all know the cultural relevance of phrases like this.

“let it happen, it'll be over soon.”

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013

MS pulls a truly ridiculous amount of money from business software and Office. They'll survive just fine.

Suriko on
  • Options
    I have to say this has been the most entertaining E3 to watch in a long time.

• Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular

Survive? Yes. Keep their shareholders happy? No.

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    “You like this!” he responded.

“No, I don’t like this!” she replied.5

I think this is just the icing on the cake here.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular

Survive? Yes. Keep their shareholders happy? No.

I know Sony hasn't been doing all that well lately, either, but at least they have their fingers in more than two things.

This discussion has been closed.