Options

Pork [Chat]

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    A vote for every square kilometre a man owns. Multiplied by the number of degrees he holds.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Abdhy, supporters of the "people's filibuster", or whatever, are always going to believe it's appropriate to discard the rules of governance when it's useful, and shield themselves with those rules when it's useful. To storm the halls when they don't get what they want by normal means, and expect the same institutions they are rejecting to respect them.

It's the more ominous version of taking over the Dean's office on campus.

When the "rules" determined that talking about Roe V. Wade during a debate on the legality of an abortion bill in your state is not on topic and dismiss your filibuster? Yeah, fuck those rules. The game is fixed.

I wasn't listening, but on a bill declaring that you need a hospital room instead of an outpatient clinic to perform the procedure, I'm legitimately unclear on how Roe v Wade is related.

did you forget the bill outlaws abortion after 20 weeks?

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I hope Wendy doesn't end up in the national congress where she won't have any effect

since that institution is probably broken until we have a large scale violent uprising or something after housing crash #7 when people can't afford the new ipad anymore

• Options
    Sen. Garcia said vote was taken at 12:03 a.m.
    Gallery cleared by troopers. Senate plans to reconvene in a while. West plans to question validity of SB5. Senate has not adjourned.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Don't Republicans value standing up for what you believe in? Didn't Wendy Davis literally do that?

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhy, supporters of the "people's filibuster", or whatever, are always going to believe it's appropriate to discard the rules of governance when it's useful, and shield themselves with those rules when it's useful. To storm the halls when they don't get what they want by normal means, and expect the same institutions they are rejecting to respect them.

well the ominousness of it is because of the possibility of something not like this happening.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

When the "rules" determined that talking about Roe V. Wade during a debate on the legality of an abortion bill in your state is not on topic and dismiss your filibuster? Yeah, fuck those rules. The game is fixed.

I wasn't listening, but on a bill declaring that you need a hospital room instead of an outpatient clinic to perform the procedure, I'm legitimately unclear on how Roe v Wade is related.

Because the decision included placing undue burden on those seeking abortions, which would include shutting down all but five clinics in a state larger than France.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    Reopened my third eve account. Officially have no life.

What do you need three accounts for?

One for combat, one for mining (I guess?) and one for?

one for blackops bs that can covert bridge stealth bombers
    one for prober that can fling stealth bombers at scrubs
    one for bomb truck to carry bombs for when stealth bombers need more to bomb people with

So you can run a one man stealth destruction show? That's pretty baller.

>.>

And suddenly I am dreaming of an EvE where you get to control a small fleet instead of just one ship.

Oh gods I need new pants.

I would just be fcing a bunch of other guys in bombers.

Also you can already do that with isboxer.

There's a guy in goonswarm who runs an entire squad of 7 bombers by himself.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    The notion that 'the system works' because you can just vote for 'the other guy' is so hilariously naive.

If this bill passed, it'll be the courts the defeat it, or won't. Either way, voting for 'the other guy' will do nothing to repeal this bill.

The next American that tells me Canada is less free than the US is getting popped in the mouth.

• Options
    I hope Wendy doesn't end up in the national congress where she won't have any effect

since that institution is probably broken until we have a large scale violent uprising or something after housing crash #7 when people can't afford the new ipad anymore

Governor!

• Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    Don't Republicans value standing up for what you believe in? Didn't Wendy Davis literally do that?

Republicans value standing up for what David and Charles Koch pay Fox News to tell you what to believe in

or voting to repeal Obamacare for a 38th time

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

one for bomb truck to carry bombs for when stealth bombers need more to bomb people with

>.>

And suddenly I am dreaming of an EvE where you get to control a small fleet instead of just one ship.

That's awesome. But holy crap that one guy has 7 accounts to himself.

Beginning to understand how EVE is profitable for CCP.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

the filibuster was completely within the rules, and the rules were broken to end it. but yeah, angry mob etc

You do realize I'm on your side with this.

Despite how often you've used the topic as a jumping off point for a day long abortion conversation in [chat].

I did want her to succeed and see the bill go down.

• Options
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    y'see, it always starts with insisting that all your elected representatives are illegitimate, and that the mob is the real legitimate representative of the people

from a state where the ruling party is upending decades of state norms on the basis of "we have a mandate" when they got 7% fewer votes than the other party last election but gained seats, I'm having trouble accepting the validity of your argument

Insisting my representatives are illegitimate is like insisting water is wet

perhaps it's because a substantial minority of your state is so culturally dissociated from the rest of it that it has a complete and utter disagreement over what are appropriate norms in governing procedure?

this level of disconnection only really resolves itself when the shooting starts

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

the filibuster was completely within the rules, and the rules were broken to end it. but yeah, angry mob etc

Despite how often you've used the topic as a jumping off point for a day long abortion conversation in [chat].

I'm sorry if you didn't want me to discuss it. and yes I know you're "on my side" but doesn't mean I have to agree with all your comments! :)

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Texan Republicans can't wrap their heads around the idea of midnight yet claim to have a really good handle on the exact moment life begins.
    Twitter source. Also the background image this person has at the moment is great.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Then stop playing Devil's Advocate by not understanding what you're talking about.

• Options
    unfortunately I see a near zero percent chance of this changing anything in the long haul, and I would be shocked if this is the last abortion restriction texas has

we'll see our first miscarriage execution in Texas, in all likelihood*

*unless the woman manages to get pregnant while on death row, in which case it would be murder to execute her

• Options

Governor!

This country could use another Ann Richards.

• Options
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    These Rosatom adverts are a great deal like the Hanso Foundation adverts made for the Lost ARG

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options

>.>

That's awesome. But holy crap that one guy has 7 accounts to himself.

Beginning to understand how EVE is profitable for CCP.

Yep, being able to trade game time for in game cash is amazing. No one would pay 7*10-15 dollars a month to run that many accounts. But finding 7 people who'll sell you a month of gametime for 500ish million isk? Easy as fuck.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    y'see, it always starts with insisting that all your elected representatives are illegitimate, and that the mob is the real legitimate representative of the people

from a state where the ruling party is upending decades of state norms on the basis of "we have a mandate" when they got 7% fewer votes than the other party last election but gained seats, I'm having trouble accepting the validity of your argument

Insisting my representatives are illegitimate is like insisting water is wet

perhaps it's because a substantial minority of your state is so culturally dissociated from the rest of it that it has a complete and utter disagreement over what are appropriate norms in governing procedure?

this level of disconnection only really resolves itself when the shooting starts

There's no disconnection to be had, the Republicans know they don't have a mandate, they've rigged the rules to sell as much of Wisconsin as toxic waste dumping ground as they can before they're EVENTUALLY tossed in a 15 point loss at some point and take lucrative jobs in the private sector

along the way if they ban abortion and crush unions, so much the better

• Options
    Holy fuck.
    Ok so some of the repub senators came forward and admitted they were not entirely sure what bill they voted on, yes, this is real life
    Source. And:

tumblr_mozjhb9ze51rkyw4do1_500.png

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    My plan back in the day was to make a dedicated mining account in EvE, and use it to pay for its own monthly game time and just send the excess straight to my mercenary in Dust 514.

But then Dust 514 turned out to be really bad.

• Options
    Abort the Texas State Senate.

• Options
    It's kind of telling that no one knows what the hell is actually going on.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    the threat of a low-level democratic body being hijacked by an organized concentrated interest because its local opposition is too diffuse is an omnipresent one

the only real permanent cure is to dissolve the body and revert its powers to a sufficiently senior level of representation, such that elected representatives are actually representative, due to a diffusion of interest imposed by sheer size

all American states are arguably too small, even California and Texas, since both tend to be dominated by one of their national parties each. But "dissolve Texas" is hardly going to be on the average American's political horizon.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Looks like Texas Senate just cut the live feed.

• Options
    Davis: The filibuster was worth it.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Cinders wrote: »
    pw4viAk.png

I would point out the reason they're holding her arms like that isn't because they think she's about to fight them, it's because she's an old lady going down stairs in handcuffs, and if they don't support her it would be really easy to fall

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    You guys

Dip a hotdog bun in chocolate sauce

It's amazing

#InsightfulCommentary

#ThisIsWhyIStoppedPosting

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    the threat of a low-level democratic body being hijacked by an organized concentrated interest because its local opposition is too diffuse is an omnipresent one

the only real permanent cure is to dissolve the body and revert its powers to a sufficiently senior level of representation, such that elected representatives are actually representative, due to a diffusion of interest imposed by sheer size

all American states are arguably too small, even California and Texas, since both tend to be dominated by one of their national parties each. But "dissolve Texas" is hardly going to be on the average American's political horizon.

Dissolve Texas in acid, however, would probably have a significant amount of supporters though.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options

The problem is that sufficient popular support in elections is unduly difficult by design of those in power.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Heh, someone tried to tell the ustream guy I'm watching that he's not media, and he said "Yes I am, there's 3000 people watching this right now"

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    pw4viAk.png

I would point out the reason they're holding her arms like that isn't because they think she's about to fight them, it's because she's an old lady going down stairs in handcuffs, and if they don't support her it would be really easy to fall
    I get that.

The optics are amazing, though.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    My plan back in the day was to make a dedicated mining account in EvE, and use it to pay for its own monthly game time and just send the excess straight to my mercenary in Dust 514.

But then Dust 514 turned out to be really bad.

That is a bad plan for a whole host of reasons.

Also, give dust time.

CCP develop games on very different timescale to other developers.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

This discussion has been closed.