Options

All will [chat] me, and despair

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Also Shivahn I didn't get a scholarship for my PhD

I am applying midyear, so there are less available, and I am still possibly going to get a place (my potential supervisor emailed me on Modsu to check some supervision stuff)

but this has taken the wind from my sails, some

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you can get the place, but that's kind of a sucky thing to recover from.

You'll be fine in the end though! Keep your chin up <3

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    wtf does that dude pronounce fresh lettuce fraiche lettuce ?

My money is on french canadian.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I honestly saw that there was a brony convention recently and locally.

It made me judgmental enough that I never bothered watching the show.

I don't even know why! It looks pretty cool, to be totally honest.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    So after being essentally accused of lying about my hours and leaving a very angry replay to said accuser I was left a note saying this:
    Bloodyroar

I apologise, I wasnt being one bit implying you didnt know what you were doing, and I did not change your hours Im aware thats not my job the note left was ment as a question not an accusation.

weird how in the payroll book my hours were changed when she left the note, but if she didnt change it who did since she was the only person in between when it was originally there and then to the changed version.

Its "possible" that it was changed the day before when she wasn't here but then why would she of left the note?

Shes a terrible liar and I am going to have to talk to my boss about this.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »
    holy shit

them chanting "mcdonald's is my kind of place" is incredibly unsettling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTSdUOC8Kac

see, while this has plenty to laugh about, it is still a product of a time when advertising became incredibly savvy and became basically inextricable from every other medium of culture

those old mcdonald's ads though? jesus they just really highlight how fucking evil and inescapable capitalism is

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

I am applying midyear, so there are less available, and I am still possibly going to get a place (my potential supervisor emailed me on Modsu to check some supervision stuff)

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you can get the place, but that's kind of a sucky thing to recover from.

We'll see! I can apply for a scholarship again when the academic year begins properly, and my fees will be entirely paid for regardless of a scholarship, so that ship ain't sunk

Not that I have time to care, anyway, since I'll be on a plane home in eight days aaaaaaah

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    anybody who goes "aha, I have the loyalty of a significant majority of the peasantry and intellectuals: you'll never, ever murder us into oblivion, and everyone one of us you strike down will only make us stronger!" has never reflected upon the european wars of religion

the "they shot one of us - let us unite and rise up!" response has sharply diminishing returns

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Neco wrote: »

It depends entirely what you're watching for.

But it's well written and well animated, and was definitely designed by someone who wanted girls' entertainment to be engaging and interesting and not something parents would hate, so it is kind of neat if you're sort of a feminist-interested person who looks at stuff sociologically sometimes.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
  • Options

We'll see! I can apply for a scholarship again when the academic year begins properly, and my fees will be entirely paid for regardless of a scholarship, so that ship ain't sunk

Not that I have time to care, anyway, since I'll be on a plane home in eight days aaaaaaah

Yay for floating ships. Keep me updated!

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Garfunkel and Oates are not funny and get pretty much all their publicity for being mundane enough for nerds to get the courage to believe that they could stalk them and maybe they wouldn't report them to the cops

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The last line was my favorite part.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    if I find out Trayvon owned a ukelele I will reverse all ill-will I have thrown and Florida and instead consider them the paragon of the American justice system

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Garfunkel and Oates are not funny and get pretty much all their publicity for being mundane enough for nerds to get the courage to believe that they could stalk them and maybe they wouldn't report them to the cops

Techno sucks.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Helloween's doing a Valkyria Chronicles LP

I like to imagine him as SCheck's cooler, thinner brother

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    If there is a hit pop song with lyrics more painful than "Breakfast at Tiffany's", I can't think of it at the moment.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

But it's well written and well animated, and was definitely designed by someone who wanted girls' entertainment to be engaging and interesting and not something parents would hate, so it is kind of neat if you're sort of a feminist-interested person who looks at stuff sociologically sometimes.

wow, that sounds way better than being a fucked up failure of a human being who generally likes things aimed at 12 year old girls.

Do you have something that works for potemayo?

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »

Techno sucks.

I composed a response to this. But then I realized that if you like that, it was probably caustic enough that you would cry.

I'm sure you're a cool dude and I wouldn't want that, so here's a picture of awesome whiskey

003.JPG

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    No one should ever play a ukulele.

It is known.

It is known.

• Options
    Kentucky needs to start making some Gay Bourbon Whiskey. For equality.

• Options
    redx wrote: »

wow, that sounds way better than being a fucked up failure of a human being who generally likes things aimed at 12 year old girls.

Do you have something that works for potemayo?

I must ponder this atop my mountain.

• Options
    If there is a hit pop song with lyrics more painful than "Breakfast at Tiffany's", I can't think of it at the moment.

I mean, the terrible lyrics are kind of the point

but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-26hsZqwveA

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

And I said

What about

Breakfast at Tiffany's?

She said I....something something that's all I remember...

• Options
    Sheryl Crow's "All I Wanna Do" is pretty bad in that regard.

• Options

I should really give it a fair chance.

I like what I have seen of it, it seems like a fun show.

But then...BRONY CONVENTIONS...

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

It is known.

It is known.

....My mom plays a ukulele : (

The dog tried to break it earlier today though.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

Techno sucks.

I composed a response to this. But then I realized that if you like that, it was probably caustic enough that you would cry.

I'm sure you're a cool dude and I wouldn't want that, so here's a picture of awesome whiskey

003.JPG

Vlbyq4s.gif

• Options

It's a fun show with a pretty ok fanbase overall, but with a really really big fucking obnoxious portion who make watching the show, like, their thing.

Though I also have really strong feeling about bronyism as a phenomenon that non-bronies care about and largely think they're used as a scapegoat and convenient socially acceptable funnel for a desire to gender police, so I mean, I kind of hate everyone here.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

I look at stuff sociologically always!

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    I had a Sezerac made with Sezerac 12 year, in san jose. i could have sprang for the expensive one.

Now, like, I'm 56 miles from the closest place that might be able to make a leather bound book.

The lack of culture in Florida is shameful. Is a gin gin mule really so much to ask for?

• Options
    edited July 2013
    And I said what about
    Breakfast at Tiffany's
    She says
    I think I
    Remember the film and
    As I recall I think
    We both kinda liked it
    And I said
    well that's
    one thing we got.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular

I mean, the terrible lyrics are kind of the point

but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-26hsZqwveA

doo doo doo doo, doot do doo doo, doot do do doo doo doo doo doo :whistle:

• Options

Techno sucks.

003.JPG

kentuckyyyyyy

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    And I said what about
    Breakfast at Tiffany's
    She says
    I think I
    Remember the film and
    As I recall I think
    We both kinda liked it
    And I said
    well that's
    one thing we got.

Even when I was a kid, that song made me blind with rage.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

It is known.

It is known.

duh

they should play a cavaquinho instead

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    And I said what about
    Breakfast at Tiffany's
    She says
    I think I
    Remember the film and
    As I recall I think
    We both kinda liked it
    And I said
    well that's
    one thing we got.

Like, I keep seeing it on netflix, and the only reason I am tempted to watch it is that song. it's in, like, 4 different instant ques for that reason.

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »

I look at stuff sociologically always!

And that's why you're awesome, aside from all the other reasons that is the case :P

• Options

It's a fun show with a pretty ok fanbase overall, but with a really really big fucking obnoxious portion who make watching the show, like, their thing.

Though I also have really strong feeling about bronyism as a phenomenon that non-bronies care about and largely think they're used as a scapegoat and convenient socially acceptable funnel for a desire to gender police, so I mean, I kind of hate everyone here.

I can't really argue with this.

I think "brony" stuff is weird, but also kinda cool, if maybe a bit hard to discuss with.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    knitdan on
  • Options
    redx wrote: »
    And I said what about
    Breakfast at Tiffany's
    She says
    I think I
    Remember the film and
    As I recall I think
    We both kinda liked it
    And I said
    well that's
    one thing we got.

Like, I keep seeing it on netflix, and the only reason I am tempted to watch it is that song. it's in, like, 4 different instant ques for that reason.

I've heard it's a great movie (and an even better book), but I couldn't get past the heinously racist asian landlord slapstick 'humor' it opens with.

This discussion has been closed.