As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] The Sale is over, but remember that Winter is Coming.

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    I need two more cards to complete my summer badge, and I have a bunch of duplicates of other cards to offer in exchange.
    Need:
    Kerbal Space Program
    Torchlight II

Have:
    Bioshock x2
    Chivalry x1
    Dead Island x1
    Football Manager x1
    Prison Architect x1
    Reus x1
    Skyrim x1
    Tomb Raid x2

I also have a copy of Civ 5 (base game) and Renegade Ops games if anyone is interested.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    I just arrived at a destination in Euro Truck 2 and parked up perfectly in less than 30 seconds. Feels good man.

This game has no right to be so good.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    signature.png

The sale might be ending today, but my giveaway will go on until I gain another age level. Enter enter enter!

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    I'm still thinking of throwing $5-10 on my account and just using it to buy summer sale cards.

I figure once the supply dries up they will increase from the dime or so each they are worth right now. If I can double or triple my money by Winter Sale, that'll be decent.

Or I could craft up to Level 5...but spending money to buy imaginary levels just...if it was one or two cards I'm missing? That's one thing. But buying 30-40 cards I need is too much.

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Wait a sec, summer sale is over after today?!?!

Awesome. Wanted to wait until the end of semester to make my purchases, which is precisely tomorrow. Guess I'll wait for the thanksgiving/winter sale then!

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    While we're at it, time for a tally of THE DALE.

I got this for myself:
    Dark Souls - to paraphrase my recommendation, ignore all the LOL PREPARE TO DIE the makers and the fanbase likes saying to scare people off, Dark Souls is the sequel to Super Metroid you always wanted. The next time it goes on sale, get it.
    La-Mulana - since it's not going on actual sale. I loved the original, I have been waiting too long for the remake. If anything else, La-Mulana is a case study on how the ice levels you always dread in video games are made more palatable once they are given some kick ass background music.
    Rogue Legacy - I don't know, I liked these guys's work since "Don't Shit Your Pants".

I got this for others:
    Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe - Got this for @SkutSkut. I mean, it's got everything you love about video games! Jumping! Shooting! MATCHING BLOCKS!
    The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition - Got this for @cooljammer00. A world without easy access to Monkey Island is not a world you should live in.

I received this from friends:
    KOTOR2 - From @Mild Confusion.
    Civilization 5 - From @Hahnsoo1. Oh. Oh god no. My free time is not ready for this.

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Well, this is the first time I've ever managed to snag a pricing error, (screw you, Sonic game pack) so I'm sharing.

signature.png

McFlynn on
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    *yawns and puts on a pot of coffee*

Still have some left to gift, thankfully the sale is on it's final flas*spewwwwww* goddamit Newell Endless Space and Retro City at once! Noooooo must resist!

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Anyone still need the summer dale badge?
    I've got
    Reus x2
    Skyrim
    Torchlight 2

I'm willing to give them away if it helps you finish the badge. On the flipside, if no one wants them, I'd love to hit level 2 but I'd need 7 more badges for that.

I think I missed a vote at some point (maybe from when I was trying to do it on mobile yesterday) because I ended 1 shy of collecting another card.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    La-Mulana is a case study on how the ice levels you always dread in video games are made more palatable once they are given some kick ass background music.

Ice levels always have the best music.

It's one of those longstanding videogame rules, like every 90s platformer has to have a minecart level, and every RPG has to have a sewer level.

edit:
    Svevin wrote: »
    I beat Tomb Raider tonight. Damn, what an amazing game.

Tried the multiplayer afterwards. Not so amazing...

I forgot the newest two rules, both demonstrated so well by the new Tomb Raider:

1.) The longer a game franchise exists, the odds of it turning into an action/cover shooter approach 1.
    2.) Every game must have a tacked on multiplayer component.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    No final vote? I'm like 99% sure I didn't miss one, so I got 32 votes in. Lame, I wanted that last card.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Just curious - how did folks feel about Summer Sale? I was mildly disappointed at the repeats of many of the sales, and also in the community votes again creating duplication. Otherwise I had a great time. To be honest, just more people in chat all the time was great. The card thing was fun, but after I did the first level I just gave away all the cards I earned in chat. I think in the end even if Amazon might have had a better summer sale content wise - it can't replace the community aspect of the steam sales.

Oh, and @luchaire - my last purchase of the sale did include Tomb Raider so I'm pretty excited to give it a try.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Oy. Only a few hours after what would be my bedtime on a normal day, I'm up and about to go sit in a lawyers office all frigging day for a mediation that hopefully will end in our favor.

Next time you hear someone going off about needing tort reform, you can tell them you know a dude that had his wife hit by a car and then had the lady who hit hers insurance company sit on their thumbs for five years before finally coming to the table, and know that sometimes that shit isn't frivolous, and sometimes the people seeking damages are actually victims.

:(

What a way to end the Steam sale. :rotate:

:lol:

EDIT: Oh, and I swear I didn't miss a vote, but I'm somehow 1 behind in getting my last card? WTF! I totally wanted that final $.15 since I finished my level 5 badge. :P

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    La-Mulana is a case study on how the ice levels you always dread in video games are made more palatable once they are given some kick ass background music.

Ice levels always have the best music.

It's one of those longstanding videogame rules, like every 90s platformer has to have a minecart level, and every RPG has to have a sewer level.

Based on a sample size of 1, I agree with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOaxCYswJYs

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Anyone still need the summer dale badge?
    I've got
    Reus x2
    Skyrim
    Torchlight 2

I'm willing to give them away if it helps you finish the badge. On the flipside, if no one wants them, I'd love to hit level 2 but I'd need 7 more badges for that.

I think I missed a vote at some point (maybe from when I was trying to do it on mobile yesterday) because I ended 1 shy of collecting another card.

@ArcSyn I could use the Torchlight II one, it would put me within one card of finishing! (sig has steam ID).

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Just curious - how did folks feel about Summer Sale? I was mildly disappointed at the repeats of many of the sales, and also in the community votes again creating duplication. Otherwise I had a great time. To be honest, just more people in chat all the time was great. The card thing was fun, but after I did the first level I just gave away all the cards I earned in chat. I think in the end even if Amazon might have had a better summer sale content wise - it can't replace the community aspect of the steam sales.

Oh, and luchaire - my last purchase of the sale did include Tomb Raider so I'm pretty excited to give it a try.

@Lindsey Lohan, it was a great sale, one of the best in the past few years. The trading cards and badges added a metagame that had been missing for a while. There were some really good deals we hadn't seen before including some recent releases, like Gunslinger and Blood Dragon off the top of my head.

The thread had an especially great mix of grizzled hands and starry-eyed newcomers marveling at their backlog explosions (and the strange, Shangri La on the Internet that is this forum and thread). Chatting aplenty, few great contests, lots of giveaways and a metric shit ton of gifting. And the gifting-as-combat-and-murder that started to characterize the thread in the past couple of months exploded into World War Gifting, which was pretty entertaining even for those of us non-combatants.

I think some people even played some games?

Great sale all around!

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    SirMontySirMonty Mount Backlog, Base CampRegistered User regular
    <- starry-eyed

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    The Summer Dale may be over, but this thread's class never ends. I've been mightily gifted this sale, so in an effort not to start a class war, I'm using Switzerland Steamgifts to give away a few things. All are for members of the Adventure Team group.

Today's Giveaway!
    signature.png

signature.png
    Includes Darksiders, Red Faction: Armageddon, Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, and Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png
    Should include most if not all of the DLC

signature.png

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Hm lets see..

For myself (I'm a selfish Bastard):
    Civ 5 Brave New World (lucked out on the accidental sale), and upgraded to Gold.
    ALL the Pinball tables I was missing
    Expedtions: Conquestador
    Prison Architect
    Chivlary
    Towns
    FFVII
    Baldur's Gate
    Star Forge
    ..hm I was sure it was more. Must have missed some.

Gifted:
    Expedtions: Conquestador x5 (boring I know)

Got gifted:
    Clastle Crashers (thanks Isy!)

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    So after seeing some Awesomenauts, I bought a 3 pack of it, because it was $6, and one copy was like $3. PM me if you want one of my two spare copies :P

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    I liked the sale quite a bit but I do wish they would bring back the steam mascots next sale. It was somehow less charming without their antics.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Gifted:
    Crusader Kings II
    Defender's Quest

Received:
    Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
    Just Cause 2
    Legend of Grimrock
    FEZ
    Torchlight
    Elven Legacy

Purchased:
    The First Templar
    Analogue: A Hate Story
    Skyward Collapse
    Sleeping Dogs Square Enix Character Pack
    GRID
    Transformers: War for Cybertron
    Din's Curse
    Awesomenauts
    The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn DLC
    Afterfall InSanity Extended Edition
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack WW
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown: Slingshot DLC
    Dungeon Defenders
    The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
    Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon
    Evoland
    Mount & Blade: Complete
    Dishonored - The Knife Of Dunwall DLC
    Dishonored - Void Walkers Arsenal DLC
    Reus
    Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials
    Dishonored (ROW)
    Poker Night 2
    The Swapper
    System Shock 2
    Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army
    Mars: War Logs
    The Walking Dead
    Anno 2070
    Magicka
    Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
    Dark Souls
    Bioshock Infinite

...that actually wasn't as bad as I thought.

I've even already finished Bioshock Infinite! I bought and finished a game during the Steam sale! I'm currently slogging through Borderlands 2 (picked up from GMG just before the Dale) but I'm thinking that I'll probably play some combination of Blood Dragon, Dishonored, GRID, Analogue: A Hate Story and Dungeon Defenders once I clear Borderlands off my plate.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular

Oh, and @luchaire - my last purchase of the sale did include Tomb Raider so I'm pretty excited to give it a try.

I thought it started strong but as the days went on it started to repeat some deals. Games that were also mid week deals and weekend deals leading up to the sale were also getting repeated.

Disappointed Kentucky route zero didn't win the community vote and that rogue legacy didn't hit 33% off. I think the could have made a killing a 9.99

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Oh - it was a fun sale, especially glad they did the card thing (I just personally didn't bother crafting more than one summer badge). I'm really thrilled with the cards going forward, it's a great way to encourage actually playing games, and the seeing so many of the new emoticons in the chat room was a riot. The postcard artwork on the front page was also well done (especially the Football Manager card).

I think I was more disappointed in the flash sales, because except for a very odd one on Saturday night it felt like most flashes were also dailies.

I too played a lot during sale - Defiance is way better than I expected, my son and I have logged hours into Castle Crashers already and waiting for Sonic Racing Transformed to go on sale led me to play some original Sega Racing. Today I finished the sale by grabbing Tomb Raider, Sonic CD, Cart Life, and the Commander Keen pack. For some reason as much as I got some major big budget games, Cart Life is the one I want to get home to play tonight.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I need to go back and review all my purchases, but I think I did pretty well for myself this year in that I kept things mostly under control. Looks like I bought roughly 9 games of my own, received 3 as gifts, and sent out 11(?) games as gifts.

• Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    The Civ 5 accident was easily the best part.
    Also glad I held out for a FFVII sale.

And of course all those lovely Pinball tables.

Giftbombing Expedtions: Conquestador on the start of my Holidays was fun too :D
    (Might have not been very coherent at the end of that..)

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    The damages. All in all I think I did pretty good for the ~$40 I had at the start of the sale from the funds I added back in May. Sold some cards get get a little extra too.

For me:
    Two Worlds 1 & 2
    Borderlands 2 character DLCs
    Skyrim DLC
    Various small DLC for other games
    Fallen Enchantress

Gifts from:
    Just Cause

Gifts to:
    Nothing

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    $265. I spent entirely too much this sale, but I think I'm finally done.

Games gifted to wholesome folks:
    Alice: Madness Returns
    Dragon's Lair
    Thomas Was Alone
    Dark Souls x2
    Ys I and II Chronicles
    Garry's Mod
    Antichamber
    FEZ
    Penny-Arcade : Episode 4 x3
    System Shock 2 x2
    KOTOR II
    Organ Trail
    Dishonored + DLC
    Alan Wake Bundle
    Mark of the Ninja x2
    Orcs Must Die 2
    Awesomenauts
    Bully
    Sonic Racing Transformed x3

Super Gift for my brother's birthday
    Terraria
    Alan Wake Bundle
    Mark of the Ninja
    Torchlight II
    The Secret World
    Dishonored
    System Shock 2
    Defiance
    Receiver
    Final Fantasy VII
    Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

Games I done got gifted:
    To the Moon
    Don't Starve
    Scribblenauts
    Fez
    FC3: Blood Dragon
    Super House of the Dead Ninjas
    The Witcher 2
    Strike Suit Infinity
    Bad Bots
    Monaco
    Sonic Adventure 2 & BATTLE
    Receiver
    Final Fantasy VII
    Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

Games selfishly bought for myself:
    Civ 5 Gold Edition
    Overlord II
    McPixel
    System Shock 2
    The Swapper
    Mirror's Edge
    Orcs Must Die 2
    Mortal Kombat Komplete on GMG
    DMC
    Evoland
    Gunpoint
    Dragon's Lair
    Sonic Racing Transformed

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Your super gift owns. Pro gifting to family member.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Maybe I should pick up Bit.Trip Fate. I don't think releasing that game in the middle of the sale did it any favors. Pretty much got buried, despite being on sale for half off.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited July 2013

I wasn't disappointed. I like that sales have a pretty good chance of repeating in case somebody misses one that they were really looking for. What I miss, and I don't think is ever coming back, are the special achievements from the (I think) 2011 Winter sale. They were fun, and they encouraged me to play games that I had just picked up or bought and never touched. I didn't win any games that year, and I don't think I managed to offload my coupons, but it was fun waking up every morning and thinking "I've got an hour before I have to go to work - time to figure out Orcs Must Die!"
    Wait - people are done? I'm still making my last purchases this morning :)

We got in from the water/theme park far too late and exhausted for me to figure out what to buy. In other news, I'm very old and feeling every year of my 36. I'm honestly surprised I made it to work this morning - and frankly if my team mate wasn't already out today that might not have happened.

On a positive note - I woke of up a fresh copy of Noitu Love 2: Devolution courtest of @Treadlife. Thanks!

Edit: Forgot the @!

I blew the last of my money yesterday. I'd been waiting to be able to buy Rogue Legacy so I just piled Shadowrun Returns and the Metal Sonic/Outrun pack for Sonic Racing Transformed on there at the same time.

SPEND MY MONEY FOR ME
    Oh, and my offer from yesterday still stands. I have $1.02 sitting in my Steam wallet. PM me what you want that's cheap and it's yours. If you don't I'll just spend it on cards like a dummy!

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Maybe I should pick up Bit.Trip Fate. I don't think releasing that game in the middle of the sale did it any favors. Pretty much got buried, despite being on sale for half off.

Oh shit - I love Bit.Trip games. I did not notice it come out. On to the wishlist it goes!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    I spent more than I should have and received more than I deserve, I would like to thank each and every one of you for making this an amazing community to be a part of. It truly is an honor. :) You all rock, So much love.

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Last time there was a sale with a vote didn't it wind up 1 shy of getting another...whatever the reward was.

Probably need to think of it less as being 1 short of another card than there being 2 extra chances for everyone to get 10 cards from voting.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Boughted:
    Go Home Dinosaurs!
    Waves
    Shadowrun Returns
    The Bard's Tale
    Deadpool
    Fowl Space
    Super Meat Boy
    Rayman Origins
    Risen 2 Gold
    Dark Souls
    Dead Island Riptide
    Defiance Standard Edition
    Skyrim Hearthfire
    The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn DLC
    Crysis Maximum Edition Bundle
    Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC
    Wargame Franchise Pack
    Might and Magic Heroes VI - Shades of Darkness
    RPG Maker: Modern Day Tiles Resource Pack
    RPG Maker: Futuristic Tiles Resource Pack
    RPG Maker VX Ace
    RPG Maker: DS Resource Pack
    Might and Magic: Heroes VI - Danse Macabre Adventure Pack
    Might and Magic Heroes VI - Pirates of the Savage Sea Adventure Pack
    Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
    Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy
    Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle
    Thomas Was Alone
    Hero Academy - Gold Pack (Nov 2012)
    Van Helsing: Blue Blood
    The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
    Cargo Commander
    Call of Juarez Gunslinger
    Surgeon Simulator
    Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package
    Puzzle Agent 2
    Puzzle Agent
    Endless Space + Disharmony
    Super Splatters
    Gnomoria
    Triple Town
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Gift copies:
    Fallout New Vegas Ultimate  
    The Bard's Tale
    Thomas Was Alone
    System Shock 2  
    Alan Wake Bundle
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    System Shock 2  
    Rock of Ages
    System Shock 2
    Just Cause 2
    Puzzle Quest 2
    The Basement Collection
    Hero Academy
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Wizorb
    The Basement Collection
    Thomas Was Alone
    The Cave
    System Shock 2  

I'm in withdrawl from not being able to vote for something new today....

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I just got hit with a last minute gift from @zebukiel of Endless Space Gold. The sale closes in but the class never ends!

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    I'm still thinking of throwing $5-10 on my account and just using it to buy summer sale cards.

I figure once the supply dries up they will increase from the dime or so each they are worth right now. If I can double or triple my money by Winter Sale, that'll be decent.

Or I could craft up to Level 5...but spending money to buy imaginary levels just...if it was one or two cards I'm missing? That's one thing. But buying 30-40 cards I need is too much.

Saw the price increase coming soon so I snatched up all the cards I needed left to get a Lv.5 Badge three days prior to the dale ending. Last three levels only spent about $3.00. Which was all made by selling cards, heh.

I see the Skyrim Getaway cards are now a whooping 27¢!

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    PartizankaPartizanka Registered User regular
    I've been super busy, but I want to point out @Prisca sent me The Witcher 2 which, for reasons, I couldn't accept, but its a super awesome gift anyways.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
    Who cheer when soldier lads march by
    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
    The hell where youth and laughter go

Steam - Partizanka | Live - Partizanka
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I've got about 11 bucks left. Help me decide how to spend it!

I could grab a handful of budget titles such as Cart Life, Botanicula, Audio Surf and Abe's Odyssey.

Or I could grab one big thing. Either Divinity 2 (been on an action RPG kick lately) or Recettear.

Orrrr I could leave my current balance and add $15 to get Shadowrun this week.

What say you folks?

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Beat the eldar campaign of retribution, good writing except for that ending.

But considering I've beaten RAGE, it's not the worst ending I've played.

This discussion has been closed.