As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Omegathon Games

124»

• Options
    phamtqphamtq Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hell, I'll just throw one more out there. Super Street Fighter II HD remix. I'll bug the UDON guys to see if they'll leak any information. :D

phamtq on
  • Options
    KyoutekiKyouteki Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I predict a full round of Sonic 2 Multiplayer.

Kyouteki on
  • Options
    Tony_BTony_B Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'll go for Joust, just for kicks

Tony_B on
    PhotoshopHeroescopy-1.gif
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Tony_B wrote: »
    I'll go for Joust, just for kicks

Funny you should say that, I was thinking the same thing last week.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    phamtqphamtq Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Just as a follow up. Got a response from Brian Dunn at Capcom Digital. Puzzle Fighter HD Remix will be at PAX. You can find it at the Foundation 9 booth (118).

link

phamtq on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    So... who won?

Squashua on
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    So... who won?

Final two rounds are tomorrow.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    Squashua wrote: »
    So... who won?

Final two rounds are tomorrow.

Then, what's the status, or am I missing that thread?

Squashua on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Smash Bros. Brawl for the final event.
    Because I want it to be.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Final game choice was alright, but I was kinda put off by the crowds reaction to constant sword lunges.

*STAB* Yaaaaaay!

*chop* Yaaaay!

*shank* etc...

I mean, I understand that they have a lot to play for but I just wish we had seen things like plasma boxin' and snipe sticks instead of constant power weapons.

Samir Duran Duran on
    Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    And since he didn't specify what it was, the final game was Halo 3.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    baubertbaubert Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Accalon ended up winning. MNC Dover got second. Congrats to them both! It was awesome to watch and a blast all around.

baubert on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    man, they're gonna run out of final battle games soon.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    As epic and kickass as seeing Halo 3 being played did anyone else get annoyed watching the two players? Neither person switched weapons, at all. Why did no one grab the sword and rocket launcher? Had the two players NEVER played Halo before? They would always swap out a weapon and keep the assault rifle instead. Or when they ran out of ammo and just flayed about instead of switching weapons...

I hope the two final omeganaughts see this. Had you guys never played any of the Halo titles before?

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    You must have been watching your own special omegathon in your mind because that's not what I observed.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    sithsethsithseth Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I was going to say they were acting a little bad (it was no "epic" halo2 tourney or anything), but under that pressure, props for not having a heart attack and actually playing a game that kept people on their toes.

PAX RULES!

sithseth on
  • Options
    MrPulsarMrPulsar Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh definitely, the stress under pressure is a lot. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack each round at Guitar Hero. I'm sure having that many people watching them, with such a prize at stake, they might have been a little hindered. I'm sure they've probably played it before though.

MrPulsar on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    yeah, they didn't play flawlessly but I strongly disagree with the OP

they played well and they were under pressure

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Druhim wrote: »
    You must have been watching your own special omegathon in your mind because that's not what I observed.

I'm seriously watching the omegathon final round footage and never once is the assault rifle switchedo ut. they'll pick up another weapon, but the assault rifle is always in their inventory. it was like this "spawn, grab rocket launcher, come accross sword, swap rocket launcher for sword" instead of switching to assault rifle, swapping it for the sword, and having both sword and rocket launcher.

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    StrawberryFieldsStrawberryFields Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    You must have been watching a different tournament or something, or maybe you were on the right side of the stage, because the dude I was watching seemed like he did a decent amount of flipping back and forth between weapons.

StrawberryFields on
    <3
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    You must have been watching a different tournament or something, or maybe you were on the right side of the stage, because the dude I was watching seemed like he did a decent amount of flipping back and forth between weapons.

i was on the right side that is correct but on the left side, he would usually keep the assault rifle instead of getting two power weapons.

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    whatever xxWhiny McWhinersonxx

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    As epic and kickass as seeing Halo 3 being played did anyone else get annoyed watching the two players? Neither person switched weapons, at all. Why did no one grab the sword and rocket launcher? Had the two players NEVER played Halo before? They would always swap out a weapon and keep the assault rifle instead. Or when they ran out of ammo and just flayed about instead of switching weapons...

I hope the two final omeganaughts see this. Had you guys never played any of the Halo titles before?

Hey, I'm here answering questions as you guys see fit.

If you couldn't already tell, I had never played a Halo game before in my life. I know, a rarity, but true. Accalon (Ryan) told me before we started that he had played a lot of Halo 1 and a little Halo 2, but was extremely rusty. I tried to put on the best performance I could knowing full well the outcome that was looming on the horizon. I also ranked 8th in the Quake 3 round, so FPS's aren't my specialty.

About the weapon switching stuff, I found out rather quickly (via the receiving end) that the sword was a basic one hit type kill. I also knew from my Quake training that rockets to the ground work wonders. Honestly, I was just happy that the onscreen buttons showed up when I walked over the weapons or I may have run around with the rifle forever. That's a big reason why I was unable to get out of the f*cking jeep thing I was riding in. That was the only part of my play that I was ashamed of. Otherwise, I think I did pretty well, all things considered.

Anyways, keep the questions and comments a comin'. I'll gladly answer what I can remember.

-Ben "MNC Dover"

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    MNC Dover wrote: »

If you couldn't already tell, I had never played a Halo game before in my life. I know, a rarity, but true. Accalon (Ryan) told me before we started that he had played a lot of Halo 1 and a little Halo 2, but was extremely rusty. I tried to put on the best performance I could knowing full well the outcome that was looming on the horizon. I also ranked 8th in the Quake 3 round, so FPS's aren't my specialty.

About the weapon switching stuff, I found out rather quickly (via the receiving end) that the sword was a basic one hit type kill. I also knew from my Quake training that rockets to the ground work wonders. Honestly, I was just happy that the onscreen buttons showed up when I walked over the weapons or I may have run around with the rifle forever. That's a big reason why I was unable to get out of the f*cking jeep thing I was riding in. That was the only part of my play that I was ashamed of. Otherwise, I think I did pretty well, all things considered.

Anyways, keep the questions and comments a comin'. I'll gladly answer what I can remember.

-Ben "MNC Dover"

Will halo 3 be in your diet for the next omegathon?

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    davertrondavertron Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hey Ben man, I think you did awesome, especially considering you had never played Halo. The pressure up there is enormous. At least you were up there long enough to settle down a bit...

:)

davertron on
    davertron.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    MNC Dover wrote: »

-Ben "MNC Dover"

Will halo 3 be in your diet for the next omegathon?

Sigh, I don't think I have a choice. I'm preparing my skin for the endless Halo 3 comments to be hurled my way next year. I may scream on the inside in Halo 3 is in next years Omegathon though. My early predictions will be as follows:

Round 1 - Twister (shudder)
    Round 2 - Mario Kart Wii (if out by then)
    Round 3 - Unreal Tournament (OG version)
    Round 4 - Rock Band (again)
    Round 5 - Tetris Attack (SNES version)
    Round 6 - Joust (Arcade version)

Hey, I could be wrong though.

Thanks for the support Dave. I must admit though, I was playing up to the crowd a lot. They all seemed to sense, correctly, that I was the underdog. Every time I got a gun or a kill they just went nutso and oddly enough, you feed off of it. Case in point, in the second game. I walked by the four wheeler and the crowd got real loud. At that point, I was down a few kills and didn't want to risk it. When I came across it again, I got near it and the crowd got loud again. As I walked away, the crowd groaned, so I went back to it and they went crazy. After I figured out how to get on, I realized I was pointed straight at a launch ramp and knew that I was destined to make that leap. If only I knew how to leap out of the vechile! Doh! Total noobie move right there. What can I say, I did it for the fans. Oh, and Ryan totally raped me the last round :)

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    majin23xmajin23x Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    davertron wrote: »
    Hey Ben man, I think you did awesome, especially considering you had never played Halo.
    Limed for truth. I'd never had guessed you never played a Halo game before.

I fully agree. Then again, I've only played a tiny bit of Halo myself, but it looked like you knew what you were doing to me. The first match was close and made for a really exciting event.

majin23x on
    **Still Undefeated at Jenga!**
  • Options
    Tony_BTony_B Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    majin23x wrote: »
    Hey Ben man, I think you did awesome, especially considering you had never played Halo.

I fully agree. Then again, I've only played a tiny bit of Halo myself, but it looked like you knew what you were doing to me. The first match was close and made for a really exciting event.

Dammit, why did it have to be Halo 3... I kick ass at Halo!! Ah well.

I aggree completley you were an awesome opponent for never playing. Mad props bro!

Tony_B on
    PhotoshopHeroescopy-1.gif
  • Options
    AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Tony_B wrote: »
    majin23x wrote: »

Dammit, why did it have to be Halo 3... I kick ass at Halo!! Ah well.

I aggree completley you were an awesome opponent for never playing. Mad props bro!

I couldn't have asked for a better match. I was incredibly rusty and you picked it up really fast so we were pretty darn close on par for skill and you really suprised me with how well you played! Before the show you had me pretty much convinced you'd be stuck in a corner spinning in circles the whole time the way you wer talking about never playing before... proved me wrong! But I"m glad you did because it was an epic final round and I'm glad you were my challenger.

Kick some ass for me next year, I'll be pulling for you Dover!

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
  • Options
    a714generationa714generation Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hey guys, there's a cool picture of Me, Ben, Ryan, and Tony rocking it out on stage that I posted at the bottom of my run down of the Omegathon. Check it out by following the link in my siggy or clicking right here.

a714generation on
    The Weekend Gamer--All about gaming culture, living among non-gamers, and growing up in the nintendo generation

• Options
    Soda241Soda241 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    MNC Dover made me cry.. When he play halo 3. I'm sorry :) but he did, They both fail at play halo 3 WHAT A WASTE OF GAME TIME PLAY. but :) grats to the winner.

Soda241 on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    They both played Halo 3 better than you handle the English language. I'm sorry :) but you fail.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    davertrondavertron Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ha, I would say that was harsh Druhim but he started it...

davertron on
    davertron.png
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I loved what happened through out it all.

I never thought newbies playing halo would be better to watch then FPS-gods.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The Omegathon was a blast. I will never forget how happy I was that I made it through Calling All Cars. I may have only gotten one point, but damn it felt great!

Cynd3rCyn on
  • Options
    a714generationa714generation Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I was rooting for You Cyn, and when you scored that point I was willing you to hold on and make it through! Thanks for hanging out before hand in the console freeplay room. It was awesome to get a chance to chill with you and your +1!

a714generation on
    The Weekend Gamer--All about gaming culture, living among non-gamers, and growing up in the nintendo generation

• Options
    Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hell yeah man, too bad we didn't get to stay and practice more. Congrats on making as far as you did. :)

Cynd3rCyn on
  • Options
    lordthandalordthanda Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    What can I say. It was fun playing with all of you guys. Hopefully we'll be able to get together for an '07 omeganaut reunion sometime next PAX.

lordthanda on
    -LT the BP
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    wetzelcoatlwetzelcoatl Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    yeah i had an awesome time playing with everyone. i have a feeling the group picture of all of us is going to be my desktop background for a long time

wetzelcoatl on
This discussion has been closed.