• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    okay

shadowrun is the best

that is all

goodnight [chat]

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    did someone, three pages ago, seriously say that Pacific Rim was rich with subtle meaning without drawing attention to it, and then use a heroic man stepping out of a hatch into a ray of divine light while smiling beneficently in a literal exploration of the memories of someone whom he had saved as an example?

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I just made a pot of coffee

I don't wanna go to sleep -.-

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    C++ breaks my heart every time I find a new limitation.

Why C++, why? :(

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I just made a pot of coffee

I don't wanna go to sleep -.-

sir coffee!

... sir coffee!

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    What's this noise about Monopoly eliminating the Jail in new editions?
    Monopoly – one of the typically longer board games – no longer has jail time, because its manufacturer, Hasbro, figures kids don’t have time to waste in the slammer.

工事中
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Monopoly – one of the typically longer board games – no longer has jail time, because its manufacturer, Hasbro, figures kids don’t have time to waste in the slammer.

You can hardly ruin the game, and making it shorter is an improvement!

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Use assembly

• Options
    damn cinders agreed as fast as geth

• Options
    CINDER IS ROBOT?

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    jacobkosh, bogart

Saw The Wolverine. They made some interesting decisions. First, it's not a Wolverine movie. It's a Logan movie. The stakes in the film are more personal. It's about him coming to grips with the death of Jean more then fighting the villian. It's weird to say this but it's much more intimate then you'd expect. It has some flaws but it casts off the stench of the previous Wolverine movie.

AO Scott at the New York Times called it "intimate" too. This makes me happy. Comic readers have known for decades that small personal stories can be as good as the huge epic ones. It sure would be nice of movie people finally figured that one out too.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Monopoly is only "long" if you play with bullshit house rules designed to make it more "fair."

It's amazing how much quicker the game goes if nobody gets a "free parking" money bonanza.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    beep boop

• Options

Buddhists have taken over, and they will slowly remove each unfun mechanic from monopoly until there is nothing left, because that's all it contains

And then children will sit in a circle around a blank board and achieve the enlightening purity of blank thought

• Options

they're playing goddamn monopoly

they always have time to waste in the slammer

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Monopoly is only "long" if you play with bullshit house rules designed to make it more "fair."

It's amazing how much quicker the game goes if nobody gets a "free parking" money bonanza.

even without house rules it's still pretty dang long!

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Every limitation of C++ is a lesson. That lesson is if another language tell you it can do a thing C++ cannot, that thing comes at a terrible cost.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    They need to ignore previous xmen movies and restart from that most recent one

Xmen 3 was an abomination

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

that is actually what they are doing

the new movie is Days of Future Past, which is a time travel story, and it's going to have cast from the original movies and First Class together in it, and Bryan Singer has pretty much come out and said that X3 will be mysteriously forgotten about

• Options

Every limitation of C++ is a lesson. That lesson is if another language tell you it can do a thing C++ cannot, that thing comes at a terrible cost.

D:

I just want to dynamically generate things in multi-dimensional arrays. :(

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    An ivory computer keyboard would be amazing

someone phone me the president of the congo

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

You can hardly ruin the game, and making it shorter is an improvement!

I'm all for making the game shorter - the last round we played with 4 people lasted at least 3.5 hours. And we only stopped because one person went broke and had to leave.

But...
    And, unlike in the original version of Monopoly, players are not fighting to own properties – they’re competing to buy brands, such as Coca-Cola and McDonald’s.

:(

工事中
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    desc wrote: »
    jacobkosh, bogart

Saw The Wolverine. They made some interesting decisions. First, it's not a Wolverine movie. It's a Logan movie. The stakes in the film are more personal. It's about him coming to grips with the death of Jean more then fighting the villian. It's weird to say this but it's much more intimate then you'd expect. It has some flaws but it casts off the stench of the previous Wolverine movie.

I am hearing interesting reviews. Hmm.

I think some reviews will like it, and some are going to be pissed off this isn't X4.
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    jacobkosh, bogart

AO Scott at the New York Times called it "intimate" too. This makes me happy. Comic readers have known for decades that small personal stories can be as good as the huge epic ones. It sure would be nice of movie people finally figured that one out too.

It's the thematic successor to the Claremont/Miller limited series. Logan as the wandering ronin idea. The plots aren't the same, but a lot of the ideas pop up. And the scale of the villians is smaller. Logan vs Yakuza. Logan fighting people with swords. It really isn't a movie about saving the world, it's about him saving himself.

They are. Kinda. In a very X-Men kind of way. The next movie is based on Days of Future Past. And with X-Men time travel they can use it to reset the bits of the series they need to. Also make First Class and X1/2/3 work together. And The Wolverine has a teaser scene for it.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

D:

I am not sure exactly what you are talking about, but you should consider vectors of smart pointers.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

that is actually what they are doing

the new movie is Days of Future Past, which is a time travel story, and it's going to have cast from the original movies and First Class together in it, and Bryan Singer has pretty much come out and said that X3 will be mysteriously forgotten about

Yeah. The new Wolverine movie has Jean dead, Logan is upset about killing her and that is the sum total of the references to X3.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    You'll never have to reference count or track heap memory again! - Terrible cost
    Forget strong typing, that's for chumps! - Terrible cost
    Why do you have to know if an object has a method before calling it? - Terrible cost
    You can inspect an object's methods and members without knowing what to cast it to! - Terrible cost
    Fuck primitives, everything is an object! - Terrible cost
    Fuck pointers, references4lyfe - Terrible cost

Let this philosophy and its universal truth guide you.

• Options
    Also there are exactly zero references to the first Wolverine movie.

• Options

D:

Oh, you can do that in C++, you just have to be very very careful.

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

D:

I am not sure exactly what you are talking about, but you should consider vectors of smart pointers.

I'm sure there's a way, but right now:

ClassIMade* pClassIMade = new ClassIMade[x]; = :)

ClassIMade* pClassIMade = new ClassIMade[x][y]; = NO

And I keep running into these sorts of things and it's super annoying.

• Options

wolverine-noooo.jpg

• Options
    You'll never have to reference count or track heap memory again! - Terrible cost
    Why do you have to know if an object has a method before calling it? - Terrible cost
    You can inspect an object's methods and members without knowing what to cast it to! - Terrible cost

Uncle Donkey, what exactly is a reference?

(I am entirely serious in this inquiry, though there's a good chance after a single sentence I will say "oh nevermind I get it now")

• Options
    edited July 2013

D:

I'm sure there's a way, but right now:

ClassIMade* pClassIMade = new ClassIMade[x]; = :)

ClassIMade* pClassIMade = new ClassIMade[x][y]; = NO

And I keep running into these sorts of things and it's super annoying.

That's because

ClassIMade** pClassIMade = new ClassIMade*[x];
    for (int i = 0; i < x; i++)
    {
    pClassIMadeb][/b]i[b][/b = new ClassIMade[y];
    }

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular

This has to be a good thing and it's not like my wife is going to care: She's going to see Hugh Jackman with his shirt off. That's pretty much it.

What amuses me more is the upcoming days of future past, which is pretty much directly confirming the argument I have made about it all along that X-MEN 3 showed the "good guys" to be utterly wrong and that they were selling out their future by their actions.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Aegeri wrote: »

This has to be a good thing and it's not like my wife is going to care: She's going to see Hugh Jackman with his shirt off. That's pretty much it.

What amuses me more is the upcoming days of future past, which is pretty much directly confirming the argument I have made about it all along that X-MEN 3 showed the "good guys" to be utterly wrong and that they were selling out their future by their actions.

She will have mixed feelings. There is very little shirtless Hugh Jackman but there is some Hugh Jackman side ass.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    It is morning. It is a nice morning.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    It is morning. It is a nice morning.

It is 1:20 in the morning.

Go to sleep.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I heard Hugh Jackman doesn't even sing in The Wolverine. Pass.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Activision Blizzard are buying themselves out from Vivendi for 8.2 billion dollars.

That is some huge fucking news.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »

She will have mixed feelings. There is very little shirtless Hugh Jackman but there is some Hugh Jackman side ass.

That will suffice I feel.

Or at least it will have to in order for me to see Svetlana Khodchenkova (Viper) :P

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options

Uncle Donkey, what exactly is a reference?

(I am entirely serious in this inquiry, though there's a good chance after a single sentence I will say "oh nevermind I get it now")

Well, in C++, references mean something else but what I'm referring to is like when some languages (Java, C#, Python) say: "NO POINTERS TO MEMORY" and refer to objects and arrays by a sort of ID number called a reference that doesn't mean anything in particular and you can't do math with it, but acts as like, a ticket stub to refer to an object.

This discussion has been closed.