Options

Work appropriate [chat]

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Who is getting GTA 5 on the PS3?

I'm not getting it YET, but I mean, that's the system I plan to buy it on.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    something something joke about Benghazi.

something something too soon?

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    I just heard a very bizarre music discussion.

"I've heard Mumford and Sons described as kind of like Coldplay with banjos, would you say that's fair"
    "Yeah, I think that's about right but not quite as perfect as Coldplay"

Did you slap them?

You slapped them right?

Was too bemused.

And like, I'm not gonna shit on somebody too much for their music tastes, I really think Coldplay is pretty okay, I just didn't think there were people near my age that were that into them.

It's not a matter of slappign them for their musical taste.

It's matter of slapping them because of sheer 'wut?'

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    cgFMGFR.jpg

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Mim wrote: »

there have been 2 or 3 PS3 people in chat, and dozens of 360 people.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    just got a requirement to remove all files of a type from servers. Ohkay. We'll try it on a test box first. Woops.jpg Apache doesn't start without its version of that file

are the higher ups trying to wreck our shit or something

Higher ups are morons. Everywhere, in every organization.

sig.gif
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hmm

It looks like the Keg does have vegetarian dishes, just not on their menu - they're available if you ask

Gotta confirm that before the big day

other than that I think i'm good for planning for the next six months :D

The have chicken right? thats the only meat my better half eats.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

i might get it on PS3 if i get it at all, but I think most chatters are getting it on the eggs box.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    something something joke about Benghazi.

something something too soon?

My policy is joke about anything. But if your joke is not funny, then people will be offended and that is on you. You took the risk but lost.

(Figurative you)

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Richy wrote: »
    just got a requirement to remove all files of a type from servers. Ohkay. We'll try it on a test box first. Woops.jpg Apache doesn't start without its version of that file

are the higher ups trying to wreck our shit or something

Higher ups are morons. Everywhere, in every organization.

maybe they just don't want the files on directories reachable by people connecting through apache?

Like, is it all files throughout the server, or just files in the public_html folder.

and what filetype?

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

If I pick it up early I'll get it for ps3 but I'm not sure yet.

I mean, we're two months out from PS4, so I wonder if they'll release a port for it, and I might hold off for when it eventually hits PC someday.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    god damn canadians are a threat to global peace

when will your maple syrupy bloodlust be satisfied

when we are all dead??

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    this chili, you guys. This chili.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Hmm

It looks like the Keg does have vegetarian dishes, just not on their menu - they're available if you ask

Gotta confirm that before the big day

other than that I think i'm good for planning for the next six months :D

The have chicken right? thats the only meat my better half eats.

I know for 100% they have chicken

We have a full on vegetarian (no chicken, no fish) in the party and I don't want for him to starve

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Being vegetarian or vegan has got to be the most miserable experience if you go out dining unless you're wealthy.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    http://www.salon.com/2013/09/10/captain_america_in_a_turban/

this is p cool

sounds like he got only a very small amount of dickishness

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I'll be getting GTA V on PS3.

But I won't ever play multi-player so I guess I don't really count?

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

You know what, Fuck the internet.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this was probably not an official Marriott thing so much as a random hotel manager trying to do something nice.

Yeah, it fell flat and looks silly, but Im sure the heart was in the right place.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Why am I not naked?

That might cool me off.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Being vegetarian or vegan has got to be the most miserable experience if you go out dining unless you're wealthy.

I bet it is far better now than say five years ago

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    I'll be getting GTA V on PS3.

But I won't ever play multi-player so I guess I don't really count?

But we can have orgies together!

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Why am I not naked?

That might cool me off.

how are your poor epilated balls

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    UGH. YOU FUCKS JUST CANT ENJOY A FREE FUCKING MINIMUFFIN, CAN YOU?

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    free muffins and coffee is the best thing to get over something like that that a hotel can provide

more power to em

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    We once had the execs order IT to remove all .mp3 files from a few of our servers. They had decided that people keep their music on shared corporate storage was not cool. The admin in charge of the project took a cursory glance and decided "aw fuck testing, we got good backups rite? lol" So we gave the users a couple of weeks and then blew them all away.

It turned out that a shit ton of notification sounds for a couple of third party software we were using was saved into the user data, which was in turn on the shared drives. So not only did we get a shit ton of "WHAR IS MY MUSIC WHAR!?" calls. But now they weren't hearing notifications and getting errors on one piece of software. The ensuing sifting through backups was hell.

And it still wasn't as bad as when the engineering VP asked us to change every wallpaper in the company to the picture of a high ranking retiring VP. Holy shit what a nightmare.

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    I wish I had gotten free muffins and coffee today

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

Nope. The only places I even have trouble are like the Applebees and Fridays chain sports bar type places, and I wouldn't want to dine there anyway.

• Options
    Kalkino wrote: »

I bet it is far better now than say five years ago

I guess if you like Indian food it was probably okay then.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    UGH. YOU FUCKS JUST CANT ENJOY A FREE FUCKING MINIMUFFIN, CAN YOU?

I like my muffins full and voluptuous

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I might end up becoming a project/program manager now. I am so glad I read the PMBOK, even if it was the most horrible book to slog through ever.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Why am I not naked?

That might cool me off.

how are your poor epilated balls

Healing. And sweaty.

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

You know what, Fuck the internet.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this was probably not an official Marriott thing so much as a random hotel manager trying to do something nice.

Yeah, it fell flat and looks silly, but Im sure the heart was in the right place.

I'm trying to understand the time window, if anything else... They are very weird and arbitrary times to have picked, as they don't line up with when the planes hit or anything.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    So, I ran a playtest of Savage Worlds over IRC just now and it went really well. Decided for my home tabletop crew here in Toronto I am going to do a fantasy game with it. Only instead of the traditional medieval pseudo-English fantasy world, it's going to be very Scandinavian in tone. Fuckin' draugrs and trolls and shit.

• Options
    that engineering vp needed to be punched in the face

my background is muppet beaker this is incontrovertible.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I wish I had gotten free muffins and coffee today

That would have made my morning a little bit better, especially with all the "Hey! Remember 9/11? That sure did suck, didnt it?" stories on the news.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    TL DR wrote: »

Nope. The only places I even have trouble are like the Applebees and Fridays chain sports bar type places, and I wouldn't want to dine there anyway.

That's why I said wealthy.

You're the 1%.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    indian_food_1000_0096.jpg

damn it, too slow

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I get social anxiety from time to time but lately I've been alright, have hung out several times with people I'd never spoken to in person before and had good times. Alcohol probably helped a bit

you did fine last night!

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Pony wrote: »
    So, I ran a playtest of Savage Worlds over IRC just now and it went really well. Decided for my home tabletop crew here in Toronto I am going to do a fantasy game with it. Only instead of the traditional medieval pseudo-English fantasy world, it's going to be very Scandinavian in tone. Fuckin' draugrs and trolls and shit.

Savage worlds is a nice, compact system. I played a few sessions of the Deadlands setting, and it was fun.

I of course played a Zoro-style fighter based on Antonio Banderas .

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Taco Bell is also super vegetarian friendly.

Not so much vegan, though.

SW-4158-3990-6116
This discussion has been closed.