Options

Everyone Play Netrunner With Me and Bogart and Cesca and Elldren [chat]

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Last nights breaking bad?

Hooollleeeeeeeeeeee sheeeeeeiiiiiittt.

No show has hit the feels so hard. Period.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Also, the new guy telling me he's leaving made me realise that people here seem to be under the illusion that i know what i'm doing.

haha nope. FlyingByTheSeatOfMyPantsHereOhGodOneOfTheseDaysMyHouseOfLiesWillComeTumblingDownAndEndMe....

sig.gif
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2013
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    What's the point of being a Vegan Libertarian. To me the two philosophies don't seem like they jibe.

Man I don't even know. Common ground of ruining pleasant conversation at cocktail parties?

all i know is a vegan libertarian is the last person i would want to go to dinner with

just when you're done with the tedium of getting a meal ordered to the right vegan specifications

you're stuck with splitting a ticket and trying to wheedle a non-embarrassing tip out of a libertarian

fuck that

god i love getting meals out with the nyc group

every time getting more than enough for the meal + tip

i think there must be less common posters who fuck up our boston meals where a lot of times the money doesn't make sense at the end of the night

fucking boston people

Eating out with people you don't know well is terrible. One of them is always a cheap fucker who clearly hasn't put in enough cash. So you end up in a really tense situation where you're somehow £40 short and suddenly everybody has to throw another fiver in.

This happened at a friend's birthday a while back where she invited a lot of B-team friends. It was clear that the cheapskate was in that section. Nobody really wanted to go for a drink afterwards as things had got quite unpleasant.

when we've come up short at pax it's mostly been because people haven't considered tax, which adds up on a $1600 ticket.

also some people are cheap. that too

You get a prix fixe every year?
    How is that complicated?

also lots of people order drinks to the table, even though it'd be easier for people to start individual bar tabs

i found that the friday night thing usually goes pretty smooth, though, vs the other stuff

like i think saturday night bar stuff has been a headache for 3 of the 4 years?

and oh god the time we tried to order pizza to the hotel sunday night in 2011ish i think?

such a painful experience

i just want to throw my wallet at the nearest person and then put on headphones and turn them up

How is ordering a pizza even remotely complicated?

"Yo. Im getting a pizza"
    "cool bro, Ill throw in for dat"

Done.

oh, deebs

sweet, young deebs

you've only known the summer

you've never seen winter, when snow falls high as castles and white walkers stalk the forests

and 5 nerds argue about the relative merits of vegetable pizza and whether more than one person likes sausage and if it should have half pepperoni and how many pizzas do we need and how should we pay for it

i'm getting mad just thinking back to how long that conversation lasted

Organichu on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Welp. See you guys around November 15th. ludious83 at geemail dot com for gchat.

Love and peace etc

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    What I've found depressing is that I'm eating and working out about as well / much as at any point in my life and I still can't keep weight off. I was at 180 for years while I was dating / newlywed, but now I'm well past 210 and creeping towards 220. If things don't turn around, I'll just need to start buying 36" waist pants.

The stupidest thing is my cardio is the best it's ever been. Ah well, guess that's part of hitting 30.
    I'd have another look at your diet, it's a much bigger factor on your weight than exercise.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    What's the point of being a Vegan Libertarian. To me the two philosophies don't seem like they jibe.

Man I don't even know. Common ground of ruining pleasant conversation at cocktail parties?

all i know is a vegan libertarian is the last person i would want to go to dinner with

just when you're done with the tedium of getting a meal ordered to the right vegan specifications

you're stuck with splitting a ticket and trying to wheedle a non-embarrassing tip out of a libertarian

fuck that

i think there must be less common posters who fuck up our boston meals where a lot of times the money doesn't make sense at the end of the night

fucking boston people

Eating out with people you don't know well is terrible. One of them is always a cheap fucker who clearly hasn't put in enough cash. So you end up in a really tense situation where you're somehow £40 short and suddenly everybody has to throw another fiver in.

This happened at a friend's birthday a while back where she invited a lot of B-team friends. It was clear that the cheapskate was in that section. Nobody really wanted to go for a drink afterwards as things had got quite unpleasant.

when we've come up short at pax it's mostly been because people haven't considered tax, which adds up on a $1600 ticket.

How is that complicated?

also lots of people order drinks to the table, even though it'd be easier for people to start individual bar tabs

i found that the friday night thing usually goes pretty smooth, though, vs the other stuff

and oh god the time we tried to order pizza to the hotel sunday night in 2011ish i think?

i just want to throw my wallet at the nearest person and then put on headphones and turn them up

"Yo. Im getting a pizza"

Done.

oh, deebs

sweet, young deebs

you've never seen winter, when snow falls high as castles and white walkers stalk the forests

and 5 nerds argue about the relative merits of vegetable pizza and whether more than one person likes sausage and if it should have half pepperoni and how many pizzas do we need and how should we pay for it

Get your own small pizza and fuck everyone else you wrong-headed freaks om nom nom nom.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    desc wrote: »
    Man I could probably buy a treadmill or some weights

hmm

ponder ponder ponder

Over time, if we used them, it'd totally be less expensive than a gym membership for two people

but finding room for them could be tough

Buying exercise equipment is the quickest way to ensure you will never exercise.

mostly i just feel dumb as hell even thinking about going to the gym

i don't know form i don't know much of anything I guess I can go and walk on a treadmill

frankly I feel dumb just talking about dieting and trying to lose weight especially in [chat] because i basically feel like everyone is laughing and making a jerkoff motion

but if I had a thing in my apartment at least i could turn the tv on and look dumb in semi-private

Wait why do you feel dumb talking about dieting and working out? A bunch of us are trying to do both. No one's going to poop on you for taking care of yourself.

Having your own treadmill is cool (but they are pricey and take up space).

It is only day two and I am a stupid fat fuck

On the flipside of the argument, the ONLY reason I exercise on a regular schedule right now is because I have stuff at home. Like, the idea of getting in my car and driving to a place to workout is laughable and I'll never do that (except MMA training but that's on hiatus). But having stuff at home? This allows me to workout every other day at my leisure and do so while watching people play LoL or some other show. It's da best.

EDIT: WTF is an exerscuse?

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

fuck that

fucking boston people

How is that complicated?

"Yo. Im getting a pizza"

Done.

oh, deebs

sweet, young deebs

vegetable pizza?

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    @cinders order placed vibratingdolphin.gif #YOLO

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Am I in a fairy land where you ask for a ticket to get split appropriately based on what you ordered? How else is the cute waitress supposed to know that you're a big tipper?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    lud is taking holz from message bored?

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

fuck that

fucking boston people

How is that complicated?

"Yo. Im getting a pizza"

Done.

oh, deebs

sweet, young deebs

If I were there Chu, I woulda been like "Fuck you guys I'm ordering a pizza that I will buy myself and someone else can have some if ya want you bitches"

This year, chu, that someone can be you.

We Lady and the Tramp a slice too.

It will be so kawaii.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    lud is taking holz from message bored?

got points. S'my rule. Just so no one is so confused or starts weird rumors again (which they will). If I get points I leave until they wear off. It's what I do. If I'm pissing the mods off and pissing other people off, it's better for me not to be here than get banned. It's not some WOE IS ME attitude. I still read the forums and like/agree and PM. It's just best for me. It's, for me, logical.

So stuff. I return to the shadows.

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    like the nexus 4 unlocked 8gb is less than $300 o.o

that is cheaper than a lot of phones with subsidy!

that started out at 300 unlocked though so its kind of a special case

google is pretty awesome about wanting quality android devices in errbody's hands (ie nexus 4, nexus 7 etc)

I just wish they'd make a stock android phone that has a cdma or whatever antenna so I can use it on verizon. Verizon ain't got shit for stock android phones.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    going out with the nyc crew is awesome

"the tab is only $50 a person?! i was expecting it to be in the hundreds"

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Lude what did you even

Oh, the pedophile thing

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    luds if you need someone to whine to about the ol' south I'm just this handle at gmail

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Lude what did you even

Oh, the pedophile thing

Pedophiles are people, too.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

fuck that

fucking boston people

How is that complicated?

"Yo. Im getting a pizza"

Done.

oh, deebs

sweet, young deebs

Ok. You fucks can have fun arguing.
    /Goes to grubhub
    /orders pizza Dee wants
    If you fucks wanna throw down, great. If you don't want to throw down because the pizza isn't 1/4 shallots and 3/8 pork sphincter, you're welcome to have a slice after I rub my sweaty balls on it.

Fuck the Pizziarchy

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    going out with the nyc crew is awesome

"the tab is only $50 a person?! i was expecting it to be in the hundreds"

Since Beast moved to our neighborhood, we've been saying that a lot.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Ludious is the James Harrison of [chat]

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    If it takes more than 2-3 minutes to set up a pizza order, you are doing it wrong.

I find ordering one cheese pie, and then whatever the fuck I actually want to eat solves most problems. Nobody can hate cheese pie except for it being plain.

Or they are vegan, at which point their treachery is revealed and I can kick them out of my home.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    the key to getting food with a bunch of people is understanding that not everyone likes or eats the same things you do and to not be a douchebag

if your dietary requirements are really that onerous, adapt and don't burden the group

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    geez escapist's GTA 5 review is not kind

I'm not sure I want to buy it, it sounds like Kane and Lynch 3 but with good gameplay

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Am I in a fairy land where you ask for a ticket to get split appropriately based on what you ordered? How else is the cute waitress supposed to know that you're a big tipper?

"Yo, separate checks. Yes, mine's the one with your phone number on it."

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    If it takes more than 2-3 minutes to set up a pizza order, you are doing it wrong.

I find ordering one cheese pie, and then whatever the fuck I actually want to eat solves most problems. Nobody can hate cheese pie except for it being plain.

Or they are vegan, at which point their treachery is revealed and I can kick them out the window of my home.

ftfy

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @jacobkosh

So I'm finally taking your suggestion and reading one of the DaveB APs when I found this line:
    Cowl retrieves his gun from the car's glovebox. Mace has opened the trunk of his muscle car, revealing a whole arsenal of weaponry, and retrieved a Tonfa.

This makes me pretty sure that "Trunk full of weapons" is a benefit from the Order Status merit. You get to one dot and the Order gives you a lot of guns and all of the stuff to secure them nicely in ones trunk.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    syndalis wrote: »

Or they are vegan, at which point their treachery is revealed and I can kick them out of my home.

1 cheese
    1/2 pepperoni, 1/2 peppers and onions

Anyone that isn't at least partially satisfied with that can eat a dick.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    the key to getting food with a bunch of people is understanding that not everyone likes or eats the same things you do and to not be a douchebag

if your dietary requirements are really that onerous, adapt and don't burden the group

"Let's get a pizza."
    "I'm lactose intolerant."
    "Let's get Chinese."
    "Gluten doesn't agree with me."
    "Let's get a steak."
    "I'm vegetarian, too."
    "Let's get fast food. You can order a salad."
    "They don't kill their animals ethically so I'm boycotting all fast food."

• Options
    Also synd. If we're at your apartment and a Gyro Pizza isn't ordered. Imma make a frowny face.

• Options
    Also synd. If we're at your apartment and a Gyro Pizza isn't ordered. Imma make a frowny face.
    Gyro Pizza will be ordered if I am ordering food for a party.

It's pretty much a requirement now.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I've never met a vegan who didn't either plan ahead or just not go out with the group.

Now, non-chrohns-but-still-non-gluten people, on the other hand

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

"Let's get a pizza."
    "I'm lactose intolerant."
    "Let's get Chinese."
    "Gluten doesn't agree with me."
    "Let's get a steak."
    "I'm vegetarian, too."
    "Let's get fast food. You can order a salad."
    "They don't kill their animals ethically so I'm boycotting all fast food."

I protest

lactose intolerance doesn't inhibit cheddar consumption, it should have no bearing on pizza!

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Cheddar cheese on a pizza? Now I've heard everything.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I've never met a vegan IRL. At least, I'm assuming I haven't.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    If I hosted a party / gathering at my place, seriously how many people would come?

• Options
    I've never met a vegan IRL. At least, I'm assuming I haven't.

you probably just thought that they were heroin addicts

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    In the year 2525
    If man is still alive.
    People will be attending St. Ludious Cathedral for Sunday mass.

Also
    If people start arguing about pizza this is what I do.
    1) Go ahead and order myself a pizza
    2)Watch as they stop arguing long enough to look at me in bewilderment as I devour it.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Why is everyone alergic to gluten all of the sudden

• Options
    I had someone order a vegan pizza once.

It was wheat crust, red sauce and vegetables. No cheese to glue it all together.

It was tomato veggie pie, you had to eat it with a fork and knife like Donal Trump, and it was just a fucking mess all around.

Vegans suffer from a self-inflicted wound made of terrible food choices.

SW-4158-3990-6116
This discussion has been closed.