As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Western [Chat]

• Options
    The Razor's EdgeThe Razor's Edge Simple, but effective Ain't nothing fancyRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    we did start cars with the m113s on occasion

I can't say I've ever seen that done. Does it work okay?

I was an M113 driver

Oh. I'm sorry. My question should have been, are you okay?

Yes and I loved those vehicles

they were awesome

You are not alone in feeling this way but I don't get it. Bradleys are terrible in every way.

Well, except the breaking down way. But still, just about any other vehicle would be preferable to riding in a Bradley.

Should drive in a T-34

Okay fair point, I meant modern military NATO vehicles. I also would not want to ride in an ox-powered wagon.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    daemonsadi we may end up in Omni Parker also

The Hilton is closer to the custom house and to the convention center, but it's a little more expensive and it doesn't look like anyone else will be there...

@Hakkekage

shweet.

The lady will be happy to hear that!

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Deebaser wrote: »
    @deebaser did you just get a 1 bed room for you and razz

um

um

would you be ok...sharing

also of course we would give you money

ng7oA4A.png

@Hakkekage

Did @Beast! text you or are you psychic?
    Hi guys, I have now read this text online before I read it on my phone.
    Thanks for pointing out how good I am at phones.

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

I was an M113 driver

they were awesome

You are not alone in feeling this way but I don't get it. Bradleys are terrible in every way.

Well, except the breaking down way. But still, just about any other vehicle would be preferable to riding in a Bradley.

Should drive in a T-34

Okay fair point, I meant modern military NATO vehicles. I also would not want to ride in an ox-powered wagon.

for certain values of modern.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Everything on the iPad is sandboxed and there is no user accessible file system, so you don't send files to the iPad, you send them to an app. Which is, inexplicably, the way computer illiterate people talk about computers anyway. "Word lost my files", "I can't play that song it's in Kazaa, not iTunes".

Sending files to apps can be done via iTunes and a USB cable but that shit is so 2000 and late. Now we use cloud services, dropbox integration or whatever. Depends on the app.

the app is ibooks

I don't think you can dropbox files to ibooks

it'll work eventually

it just wants to take a few moments to judge you for reading fantasy books first

355020_600.png

I

what

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    That reminds me podly

Do you have any recommendations for cheap sound system to use with dj equipment? At this point I don't need anything remotely close to what you would use for a show/party. Just something so I can practice setting shit up in my headphones while peeping the actual output through speakers

you should be able to get a pair of krk rokit 5s for pretty cheap in the used market

Word. I see they're good for studio reference - if I had people over and bumped em a little bit would I end up blowing them out?

I mean they're monitors, so not something you'd want to run a soundsystem off. But they're loud enough for small party

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Everything on the iPad is sandboxed and there is no user accessible file system, so you don't send files to the iPad, you send them to an app. Which is, inexplicably, the way computer illiterate people talk about computers anyway. "Word lost my files", "I can't play that song it's in Kazaa, not iTunes".

Sending files to apps can be done via iTunes and a USB cable but that shit is so 2000 and late. Now we use cloud services, dropbox integration or whatever. Depends on the app.

the app is ibooks

it'll work eventually

it just wants to take a few moments to judge you for reading fantasy books first

355020_600.png

I

what

You don't know about dinosaur erotica?

(SFW and hilarious)

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »

the app is ibooks

it'll work eventually

355020_600.png

I

what

There was an av club article about these ladies. Its basically dinorotica

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

I was an M113 driver

they were awesome

Bradley is a completely different vehicle from an M113

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    @Deebaser what's Friday night looking like for you guys

wanna go out for food/drinks/hookah

and talk BUSINESS?

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »

um

um

ng7oA4A.png

@Hakkekage

Considering the green text, I would say you aren't very good at phones at all...
    @syndalis
    #applesmug

• Options
    BEAST! wrote: »

um

um

ng7oA4A.png

@Hakkekage

Considering the green text, I would say you aren't very good at phones at all...
    @syndalis
    #applesmug

daaaaaaaaaamn

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    quickly someone come pretend there's a emergency that needs my expertise and then come tuck me in with a cup of hot cocoa

• Options
    The Razor's EdgeThe Razor's Edge Simple, but effective Ain't nothing fancyRegistered User regular
    a bradley isn't an m113

It's not, but the latter is becoming increasingly rare in NATO forces and they feel basically exactly the same. I don't know about driving, though, I've never driven either of them except for just moving them around lots.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser what's Friday night looking like for you guys

and talk BUSINESS?

Nothing on the agenda, but I don't get out of class until 8:40 because I am bad at school...

Actually, I think we have a midterm this friday. Not sure. Like I said, I'm bad at school.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    I never understood the hate for itunes but!

I just had to download the newest itunes because the old one wouldn't work with my ipad any more I guess

so I did that and now it doesn't see the ipad or my iphone when I plug them in

how fucking dumb

program, your one job is to talk to these fucking devices

YOU HAD ONE JOB

who plugs their ipad or iphone into their computer anymore?

god

look at grandpa skippy plugging in his devices

tell us what it was like to see your first horseless carriage grandpa

was black and white television the most amazing thing you had ever seen

did your uncle ever tell you stories about the great war

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    a bradley isn't an m113

It's not, but the latter is becoming increasingly rare in NATO forces and they feel basically exactly the same. I don't know about driving, though, I've never driven either of them except for just moving them around lots.

if you've never driven either, then what the hell are you on about? :P

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    haha

I haven't bought anything off Amazon for a while... my search history is entirely due to this place... the most recent items, listed together, are:

Dinosaur Erotica
    Abraham Lincoln: Fuck Lord of the Moon
    Swiss Army Masturbation Cream
    Emjoi AP-18 Emagine Dual Opposed 72 Tweezer Head Epilator

• Options
    Deebaser what's Friday night looking like for you guys

and talk BUSINESS?

Nothing on the agenda, but I don't get out of class until 8:40 because I am bad at school...

Actually, I think we have a midterm this friday. Not sure. Like I said, I'm bad at school.

after a midterm is the perfect time to hang out.

But yes. You should know if you have a midterm or not. Like. Definitely you should know that.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    oh sweet

i'm going to be an "engineer" a club which is going to be turned into a studio and music production school as well and I'll be a studio manager

millhouse, the coming up thereof, etc

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I once sent Jake a text and it came out green and I was like: OH SHIT MAYBE I WAS WRONG ABOUT THIS GUY BAILING ON MEETING HIM

But I went anyway and it was fine, he has an iPhone, he was just working in a basement.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    a bradley isn't an m113

What I'm on about is that they both feel like sardine cans.

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    So today, I called the letting agency for my flat (the closest thing we have to a landlord) three times to ask what I could do about my beeping smoke detector. All three times they said they'd get in contact with someone who would call me back, and all goddamn day, I didn't hear a word. No one ever use Rent Locally in Edinburgh. They are complete bullshit.

In better news, my flatmate sent me a picture of the disembodied detector on my desk. If the agency ever comes around to inspect our place, which seems highly unlikely given how damned incompetent they appear to be, I will put it back together. Until then, smoke detectors are the worst and I hate them.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    a bradley isn't an m113

What I'm on about is that they both feel like sardine cans.

well, yeah, for the sardine, maybe

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I once sent Jake a text and it came out green and I was like: OH SHIT MAYBE I WAS WRONG ABOUT THIS GUY BAILING ON MEETING HIM

But I went anyway and it was fine, he has an iPhone, he was just working in a basement.

i dont understand this post

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Someone gives you their number on OKCupid. You punch it into your phone and hit Message. Hold your breath until the send button turns blue.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    What... what does it mean when a text is green?

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    My character in Pokemon looks like a homeless Vietnam vet. I AM PLEASED.

• Options

iPhones show the message as blue if sent from another iPhone or green if sent from some non-iPhone using scum

• Options
    So today, I called the letting agency for my flat (the closest thing we have to a landlord) three times to ask what I could do about my beeping smoke detector. All three times they said they'd get in contact with someone who would call me back, and all goddamn day, I didn't hear a word. No one ever use Rent Locally in Edinburgh. They are complete bullshit.

In better news, my flatmate sent me a picture of the disembodied detector on my desk. If the agency ever comes around to inspect our place, which seems highly unlikely given how damned incompetent they appear to be, I will put it back together. Until then, smoke detectors are the worst and I hate them.

have you tried changing the battery? Because that is why smoke detectors goes "beep" you see :P

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    What is this colour text thing

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    This is my phone it is pretty cool.

Motorola_WX345.jpg

My carrier is Consumer Cellular, voted #1 by the AARP.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Only blues qualify as polite society.

• Options
    Podly wrote: »
    oh sweet

i'm going to be an "engineer" a club which is going to be turned into a studio and music production school as well and I'll be a studio manager

millhouse, the coming up thereof, etc

THRILLHO

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

iPhones show the message as blue if sent from another iPhone or green if sent from some non-iPhone using scum

oh lol so crapple isheep need to only be with their own

give me real power

give me video game emulators

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Oh Hell yes. Just weighed myself at 197. Which means after dinner I should wake up around 196. Which means at my weigh in tomorrow morning I'll actually probably be back at 197.

Gonna have a baller breakfast tomorrow morning. Then a sensible lunch and dinner and probably continue to not drink til I get to 190.

Def gonna start looking a restaurant coupons on Amazon though.

Quid on
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

technically blue = imessage and green = text message

so if you're in an area with good cell reception but back LTE/wifi then even texts from iphones could be green cause it wasn't sent over imessage

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    What is this colour text thing

blue = normal person you can associate with

green = unwashed troglodyte masses, probably a pedophile/anime

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    This is my phone it is pretty cool.

Motorola_WX345.jpg

My carrier is Consumer Cellular, voted #1 by the AARP.

The thing I love about those commercials is how much of a sad, and probably violent loser the husband is.

When she waves her hand in front of the viewfinder and he looks like he's going to smack her.

Or when he's all, "Shut up, bitch, I like my simple phone."

This discussion has been closed.