Options

Emergency Broadcast [chat]

spool32spool32 Contrary LibraryRegistered User regular
test-pattern-burn-screen.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_hMtdEDVUk

This has been a test of the emergency broadcast [chat]. If this had been a real [chat], instructions would follow indicating what comments to make.

This was only a test.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    Cinders wrote: »
    Lady coat and the frozen midwest.

@Cinders

lady coats are tough and i probably won't be much help in general

the problem is mostly that traditionally women's garments were much more fashion-oriented than men's garments. this basically meant that lady clothes were only intended to be worn for a season before the look was moded, and this was reflected in their construction. they were flimsy and shitty, but happily generally priced accordingly.

this is changing some, i believe, but not 100% is the direction i'd prefer - basically certain sectors of menswear is now getting designed and built the way that traditional ladies clothes are. i'm looking at you express and AX and A&F and hollister etc.

probably your choices are going to be:

a) practical and durable and reasonably priced but maybe a little frumpy - for this i'd recommend lands end or maybe ll bean. their menswear is actually pretty classically styled and largely kind of smart. their womenswear though has a tendency to make you look like you live in like maine or wisconsin.

b) won't keep you warm and will maybe last a season but will be cheap and cute: H&M

c) expensive, middling durability, and styled a little different than you probably want: ann taylor, brooks brothers women's lines. brooks especially is pretty preppy but if you think you can rock that go for it

d) stuff that is more translady friendly: i have heard that lane bryant is good for this. their whole business model is building flattering cuts and also dealing with customers respectfully. if you're at the mall you might want to stop in and see what's up.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    path of doge?

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I'm so happy , I've lost 15lbs so far ^_^

msmya on
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    OH THANK GOD THAT WAS AN ETERNITY

/firstworldproblems

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    path of doge?

yyy

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    my beer thing got swallowed by the last chat >:[

• Options
    msmya wrote: »

whoa that is great mya!

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Post was eaten by thread closure. :(

What I was going to say re:Tonberry King grinding is that that only gives you SP. To actually fill in blank nodes and max out your stats you need to fight the Coliseum only monsters.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    that is the worst - maek good post and discussion has closed, destroying it forever

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

how u do this

u channel ur inner wizard

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    ns6ur1r.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    http://i.imgur.com/Nbitf0z.jpg

Holy fk my father is an old

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    ns6ur1r.png

oh my god this person is going to make a wonderful know-it-all freshman

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Eh, wasn't that good a post. Just went into a bit more detail for those who might not perfectly remember how the sphere grid and the coliseum worked. Most of it was extra info probably not needed.

Usually I'm smart enough that I'm careful if we're on page 99 or 100 but I wasn't paying attention this time. :(

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Ah ha ha ha, the final Miss Universe commentary extravaganza is up, I can't believe I missed it. Potentially NSFW due to bikinis, but no painted nudity this round.

@Regina Fong @Captain Carrot @Cinders @surrealitycheck

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    http://science.time.com/2013/10/22/the-united-states-of-attitude-an-interactive-guide-to-americas-moods/

You belong in California!
    The researchers found a creative way to confirm this theory, comparing the date the 48 surveyed states became part of the union with their relaxed and creative profile. The result: the later a state joined, the higher its score turned out to be. That very openness and wanderlust stays with the native-born residents of these regions, often impelling them to keep right on moving.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Thanks Will.

• Options
    I cringe at that reddit only because I was that guy when I was that age.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/ns6 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/img]

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM EXCUSE ME

SIR?

HAVE YOU READ THIS BOOK

IT'S CALLED ATLAS SHRUGGED

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    Also, I actually gave things to do at work today. It's refreshing.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Miss+Universe+National+Costumes+Part+3%20%2814%29.jpg
    “China is ready to INVADE YOUR NIGHTMARES, WORLD.”

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    let me tell u about this wutang clan

it aint nothing ta f with

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    if you're good at art i want to knock you over and feast on your heart so i can gain your skill

YESSSSSSSSSSS.

*fist bump*

I know that feel.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    http://science.time.com/2013/10/22/the-united-states-of-attitude-an-interactive-guide-to-americas-moods/

The researchers found a creative way to confirm this theory, comparing the date the 48 surveyed states became part of the union with their relaxed and creative profile. The result: the later a state joined, the higher its score turned out to be. That very openness and wanderlust stays with the native-born residents of these regions, often impelling them to keep right on moving.

Oh hey, I belong in Oregon

I'm comin for u

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    ns6ur1r.png

this picture is tumblr level bad

• Options
    Also, I actually gave things to do at work today. It's refreshing.

Are they having you do chemical engineering stuff now like you wanted?

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I was out grocery shopping. You should tie Geth to the NSA to avoid situations like this.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I want to kick this guy in the nuts

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/05/booming/i-want-to-be-a-millennial-when-i-retire.html?_r=3&

his son is not living the life of a millennial, his son is living the life of a professional musician

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

often times i find the best way to find something you've lost is to retrace your steps

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    TehSloth wrote: »

Oh hey, I belong in Oregon

I'm comin for u

no fak u stay out oregon is full

• Options

massachusetts has nearly the lowest score for conscientiousness

it's totally true. people are just kind of self-centered and inconsiderate by default around here, like def more than average for other places

a lot of assholery in general

sometimes i meet people from maine, though, and they're way worse

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    ns6ur1r.png

I wonder if my political opinions when I was 16 sounded like this. Y'know, batshit crazy.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Dear Jim,

Can you please paint Jeff Goldblum in his classic Jurassic Park pose - open shirt, breathing heavily, with beads of sweat dripping down his chest - while Barney the Dinosaur stands behind him giving him a massage, looking a little bit rapey.

Cheers dude.

Roberta
    531883_257885374365074_259402142_n.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    ns6ur1r.png

this picture is tumblr level bad

Tumblr has less libertarians.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

You're the only one who /gets/ me sometimes

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular

often times i find the best way to find something you've lost is to retrace your steps

I am stealing this

I will not credit you for it

• Options
This discussion has been closed.