Options

[League of Legends] Now taking bets for the most broken change

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Sivir doesn't give a shit about anything but getting paid so her trauma is relatively minor

Katarina's a stone cold sociopath

Everyone else is probably a wreck

Liss is fine. Annie is insane. Poor Udyr and Volibear though.

They are good peeps in an ungood world.

Udyr before League: Magical hobo bear who cannot die and punches people.

Udyr after League: Magical hobo bear who cannot die and punches people.

Here's the thing though, us bears like killing, but we want that killing to mean something. There's nothing meaningful about what's happening here :/

• Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Keep in mind we're right smack in the middle of mid lane and I have a minion wave of about 10 minions i'm standing in. As SOON as he got to me and hit the bear stun he clearly did a Michael Bluth(i've made a huge mistake) and popped his ghost and ran away but it was of course too late and I hit him with Q/E and a couple autos and now I have 2 kills instead of 1 and a red buff which I used to snowball the game.

that's a GOB, BUDDY

and I do gobs all the time... mostly involving dashes on ad carries

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    so what happens when you form a psychic summoner link with a bird

like valor isn't an exceptionally smart bird or anything he's just a fuckin' bird

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    so what happens when you form a psychic summoner link with a bird

like valor isn't an exceptionally smart bird or anything he's just a fuckin' bird

yeah but like....

*gestures uselessly and then holds head in hands for a really long time*

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    now that I think about it, Jinx's psyche is probably about the most accurate for what you get when you brutally murder a person over and over

if anything she's too well adjusted for what they go through and I am now deeply suspicious of the other champions

Annie, Lux, and Teemo are all somewhat crazy.
    Anivia is probably fine, since she's used to the end of everything, not some meager individual lives.

What is this? You mean because she's a Phoenix she's used to death or..dare I ask?

Because she's survived the end of the universe. Repeatedly. She's ancient beyond reckoning.

The longer this conversation goes on the larger the black void that's slowly devouring my remaining sanity gets.

I'm going to try to understand, I am certain this is going to cause me immense pain, but nonetheless I am intrigued.

How has Annivia survived the end of the universe repeatedly? Like, if the universe ends, how is there possibly a place she could exist to continue onwards?

she doesnt really remember anything beyond a life or two, everything other than that is hazy, so i dont even think she could answer that

But if she doesn't remember anything, how does she know she's seen the end of the universe multiple times?

How do we know she's not some crazy psycho bird who just thinks she's seen the end of the universe repeatedly because she got really trippy one time and blacked out?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    he exists through all of time but there's nothing he can do about it

and he knows how the future turns out when he's in the past

so he's just really, really fucking depressed

Anivia handles the whole everything you ever knew or loved will die and all trace fade from existence better, thats for sure.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Valor may just be a bird, but he's scratched the eyes out of gods and void demons alike

also keeping Valor in summoner's rift is the best way to keep the species from going extinct since no matter how many times he gets eaten by Khazix or stuffed by Rengar he comes back

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    oh my god this qt game is magical.

Teaching koreans the american way.
    What's going on? Where is he streaming?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    now that I think about it, Jinx's psyche is probably about the most accurate for what you get when you brutally murder a person over and over

if anything she's too well adjusted for what they go through and I am now deeply suspicious of the other champions

Anivia is probably fine, since she's used to the end of everything, not some meager individual lives.

What is this? You mean because she's a Phoenix she's used to death or..dare I ask?

Because she's survived the end of the universe. Repeatedly. She's ancient beyond reckoning.

The longer this conversation goes on the larger the black void that's slowly devouring my remaining sanity gets.

I'm going to try to understand, I am certain this is going to cause me immense pain, but nonetheless I am intrigued.

How has Annivia survived the end of the universe repeatedly? Like, if the universe ends, how is there possibly a place she could exist to continue onwards?

she doesnt really remember anything beyond a life or two, everything other than that is hazy, so i dont even think she could answer that

But if she doesn't remember anything, how does she know she's seen the end of the universe multiple times?

How do we know she's not some crazy psycho bird who just thinks she's seen the end of the universe repeatedly because she got really trippy one time and blacked out?

She remembers the big things, like that there's a deep corruption in the Freljord that must be stopped at all costs, and that the FedEx guy will be coming by between 2 and 5, and that she is meant to protect the land

• Options
    "hey so you know these invaders from another world based around evolving to better suit themselves and kill all those who oppose them"

"yeah"

"let's make them fight the world's strongest warriors, again, and again, and again"

"yeah alright"

"i hope a girl one comes through later"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited November 2013

She remembers the big things, like that there's a deep corruption in the Freljord that must be stopped at all costs, and that the FedEx guy will be coming by between 2 and 5, and that she is meant to protect the land

The FedEx package always comes while Anivia is in egg form and she misses it and has to wait until the universe ends and things roll back around for another shot at getting that fucking package

override367 on
  • Options

Ok, but if he's an Omnichronic being, then why participate in the league if he already knows how it's going to turn out?

Or is it because he's already participated (participating?) and cannot alter events because he's defined by the causality loop? And if that's true, that's mega fucked up because that would mean that logic, space, and time apply correctly to Zilean and only Zilean, which is like the biggest middle finger the universe can throw at you.

• Options

So she selectively remembers the things that make her look good.

hmmm, not sure if I'm buying this Annivia story.

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular

Ok, but if he's an Omnichronic being, then why participate in the league if he already knows how it's going to turn out?

Or is it because he's already participated (participating?) and cannot alter events because he's defined by the causality loop? And if that's true, that's mega fucked up because that would mean that logic, space, and time apply correctly to Zilean and only Zilean, which is like the biggest middle finger the universe can throw at you.

See, your problem is that you view time as a line.

Zilean exists and can move about in 4 dimensions, but the universe exists in more than 9.

• Options

yeah Zilean was in a time coma trying to see what happens in the future. his people were in the middle of a huge war and he wanted to figure out a peaceful solution

the enemy forces dropped a bomb on his town while he was sleeping and it unmoored him from time

so he's immortal and lives in his giant city but sometimes he wakes up and he's in the past and all of his friends and family are alive and he's like OH GOD DAMNIT

the summoners are basically the only thing that can help him at all

so he doesnt give a fuck about the league

he's just paying his dues to get some sweet, sweet magic

• Options
    Rend wrote: »

Zilean exists and can move about in 4 dimensions, but the universe exists in more than 9.

Imagine four deathcaps on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the deathcap nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of deathcaps and takes the place of the first deathcap. The formerly first deathcap becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff.

Time works the same way.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    my favorite part about the league lore is that elise runs a cult

and the central premise of this cult is that no one can ever know she is secretly a spider monster who kills people

so she joins the league of legends and participates in matches that are broadcasted to every settlement in the entire world

where she turns into a spider monster and kills people

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    What I'm gathering is Summoner's Rift is a magical place where immortality is on a 20 second timer and you can run around and do all sorts of crazy awesome bullshit and Summoners exist in order to prevent the entire affair from turning into "Jackass 4."

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    "That's ridiculous," Elise informed reporters, "No one presumes that hunky Quinn can alter his shape into that of a majestic falcon, and yet these slanderous and xenophobic rumours continue to be spread about Vilemawism. It's nothing more than sexist bigotry."

Coming up next on the 24/7 Journal of Justice hotline: Innervating Locket! Will it really really really come back? Signs point to no.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Assuming that Zilean experiences time as a linear mechanism or not is largely irrelevant to whether he is defined by the causality that he's in.

Even a pan-dimensional being would have to obey causality participating in 4 dimensional space-time. Unless, we're making the argument that causality doesn't exist on Runeterra (which considering everything else makes sense), but that just means that Zilean isn't bound by a causality loop, and is instead a complete dick.

Now, you could theoretically argue about branches of time, that new timelines are generated at intersections of choice, but even then causality is maintained, and Zilean wouldn't be able to know which branch he is in, and thus would be free from casual determination.

Roz on
  • Options

Zilean knows how Morde mid Teemo ADC Yi jungle Gangplank top is going to end, yet he is required to participate or suffer the wrath of LP.

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
  • Options

Assuming that Zilean experiences time as a linear mechanism or not is largely irrelevant to whether he is defined by the causality that he's in.

Even a pan-dimensional being would have to obey causality participating in 4 dimensional space-time. Unless, we're making the argument that causality doesn't exist on Runeterra (which considering everything else makes sense), but that just means that Zilean isn't bound by a causality loop, and is instead a complete dick.

Now, you could theoretically argue about branches of time, that new timelines are generated at intersections of choice, but even then causality is maintained, and Zilean wouldn't be able to know which branch he is in, and thus would be free from casual determination.

congratulations you have put more thought into LoL lore than the Riot Games lore team

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    "That's ridiculous," Elise informed reporters, "No one presumes that hunky Quinn can alter his shape into that of a majestic falcon, and yet these slanderous and xenophobic rumours continue to be spread about Vilemawism. It's nothing more than sexist bigotry."

Coming up next on the 24/7 Journal of Justice hotline: Innervating Locket! Will it really really really come back? Signs point to no.

I

but Quinn is a boy?

Now my head hurts

• Options
    edited November 2013
    i always love the cries of "riot is RUINING the lore!"

girrrrrl that lore was ruined when you got it fingersnap

Arch wrote: »

I

but Quinn is a boy?

Now my head hurts

i was mirroring the hilarious comedy of the journal of justice

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options

yeah Zilean was in a time coma trying to see what happens in the future. his people were in the middle of a huge war and he wanted to figure out a peaceful solution

the enemy forces dropped a bomb on his town while he was sleeping and it unmoored him from time

so he's immortal and lives in his giant city but sometimes he wakes up and he's in the past and all of his friends and family are alive and he's like OH GOD DAMNIT

the summoners are basically the only thing that can help him at all

so he doesnt give a fuck about the league

he's just paying his dues to get some sweet, sweet magic

Ahh, so basically, he's a dick. That makes sense.

"Yo, there's totally this terrible stuff that's going to happen and I could like tell you guys, and you could prevent it, but I'm just so fucking high on magic right now that I can't remember"

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular

There is no such thing as a causality loop.
    Also, I'm only arguing Zilean can navigate 4 dimensions, not all of them.

• Options
    diana/leona is cool

the whole freljord thing is cool but its kind of lame that there will never be a conclusion

same with vi/jinx

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular

I

but Quinn is a boy?

Now my head hurts

Stop that.

Quinn is really Leblanc.

Truth.

Study it out.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    You know that Riot really needs to release some fucking content when we're sitting here talking about lore.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Basically, Zilean is trapped outside of reality, except he occasionally gets pulled back into the normal timestream, at random places.

Summoners are the only beings that can actually make contact with him and summon him, which means for 15-45 minutes at a time, Zilean can be perfectly sane, and anchored in the Runterra world.

He uses that time to not only fight, but multitaskes trying to figure out how summoning even fucking works and how he could apply it to himself, to either drag his ass back to normal time flow at the minimum, or, at best, to find a way to save his people.

And Elise leads a CULT. All she needs to say is "FOLLOW ME AND YOU CAN HAVE POWER LIKE ME". The League is a walking billboard to her.

Lissandra? Well she's just dumb.

Transporter on
  • Options
    the cult is based around her just being a cool, pretty lady

when spider legs sprout out of her back her cultists are like FUCK THIS I'M OUT

• Options
    Joe K wrote: »

I

but Quinn is a boy?

Now my head hurts

Stop that.

Quinn is really Leblanc.

Truth.

Study it out.

ow ow ow

• Options
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    The problem is that they've been slowly removing all references to the Institute of War from the lore, so at some point these people are just going to aimlessly fight in an arena which will be more of a metaphor for war rather than an explicit mechanism to deal with it.

I'm also not completely clear on how Summoners fit in. Like, am I an anonymous Piltovian noble who summons Caitlyn, or what?

Summoners go to school and train at it for many years (see: Lee Sin lore)

they form a psychic connection to the champions and order them to do shit on the battlefield

It's really just a really awkward and hamfisted way to make THE PLAYER PART OF THE GAAAAAAAAME

Kind of like Planeswalkers in Magic the Gathering?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

There is no such thing as a causality loop.
    Also, I'm only arguing Zilean can navigate 4 dimensions, not all of them.

There is a causality loop. Well, at least, that's the best term I've heard for it, because we don't even know if it exists but we assume that causality is maintained in the event of time travel. (unless of course you subscribe to the many worlds theory, in which case the causality of the first time line is maintained but the new timeline is not deterministic)

If Zilean can see the future, and causality is maintained, then fate is absolute. Anything he knows will happen, must happen, because he experiences unbounded time.

Roz on
  • Options

Constants and Variables. There is always a top lane, there's always a Teemo, there's always a Mushroom.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular

I don't see why. It all seems to work out well enough for him at least.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Yes. Yes. Yes.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
This discussion has been closed.