Options

Brevity. All the cool [Chat] kids are doing it

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    You need to hook up with ege, Hacks. You guys can read self-help books and compare notes on which individuals might be useful in terms of leveraging your success and personal growth.
    Are you kidding me? We would make a terrible couple. Not a night would go by where we wouldn't have at least one screaming match.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    You seriously need a woman

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Nah.

Besides which I'm the only one who can spin my own motor, so sex is right out.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited September 2007
    suilimeA wrote: »
    rant

So uh... are you serious? I can give you some tips if you're serious, but a lot of that sounds pretty facetious :P

It's half-and-half.

I mean, I now think there's a good possibility she might be interested in me. But the prospect of being at a party with her now is kind of terrifying. If she takes the reigns, great, that's awesome. I can go with the flow. But if she doesn't, then I'll be obsessing all night. On the one hand, if I'm just misinterpreting her due to wishful thinking, then she could be totally weirded out by any advances I make. Which is bad, since we are in debate together, and currently slated to be partners, and I definitely would want to be friends with her at least, so I don't want to ruin any of that with awkwardness. On the other hand, if I miss out on her signals, and fail to reciprocate, then I'm missing out on a potential relationship with an incredibly intelligent, interesting, independent girl. Which would be bad.

And also she seems to be fairly sexually active, but not in an exhibitionist/attention-getting way, but in a purely doing-it-because-she-enjoys-it, rather empowered fashion, which is in and of itself appealing, but also intimidating. Because I've never had sex other than being on the receiving end of male-on-male action. So what if she wants it at the party? Thankfully, I doubt that any girl would ever want to jump my bones at some party -- I'm not the kind of guy that happens to. But then again you never know.

So. Yeah. Advice would be good.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    You need to hook up with ege, Hacks. You guys can read self-help books and compare notes on which individuals might be useful in terms of leveraging your success and personal growth.
    Are you kidding me? We would make a terrible couple. Not a night would go by where we wouldn't have at least one screaming match.
    Yes but it will feel so good when he takes you into his muscular arms and you immerse yourself in the scent of his cologne. He'll tenderly calm you before throwing out a few "negs" to make sure you keep coming back for more.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I can go with the flow.
    I can say it doesn't matter,
    Matter anymore
    :whistle:

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Yes but it will feel so good when he takes you into his muscular arms and you immerse yourself in the scent of his cologne. He'll tenderly calm you before throwing out a few "negs" to make sure you keep coming back for more.
    :lol:

Also I'm pretty sure I'm more muscular than him.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Nah.

You are the most relentlessly rationalizing retard ever, Hacks.

Stop. It.

Seriously, prematurely judging people is pretty fucking retarded. I've met tons of great people so far this year, and I didn't think I'd like any of them at first glance.

Repeat after me: I am a nerd. I am retarded. I need to give people the benefit of the doubt. I actually like people, even if I forget that sometimes. I am not a misanthrope.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2007
    You don't fuck your debate partner, Aem. I understand it makes things difficult.

I assume you do the college version of CX, right? What is it - like NDT or something?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    If you feel she is being weirded out by your advances, apologize and come clean that you were misinterpreting things-- you can go one further and explain your naivety if you like.

If you feel you are being advanced upon, go with it and be courteous but unashamed in revealing your feelings.

Also, you should always carry a condom regardless. It's not creepy, it's safe.

Just remember-- if things are ever starting to get awkward or dicey, you have an ace up your sleeve in the form of honesty. You honestly have strong feelings for this girl, and most any faux pas can be reasoned away by claiming fugue of infatuation.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Nah.

You are the most relentlessly rationalizing retard ever, Hacks.

Stop. It.

Seriously, prematurely judging people is pretty fucking retarded. I've met tons of great people so far this year, and I didn't think I'd like any of them at first glance.

Repeat after me: I am a nerd. I am retarded. I need to give people the benefit of the doubt. I actually like people, even if I forget that sometimes. I am not a misanthrope.
    You people are waaay more entertaining than my floormates. There's a reason I keep coming back to this place. :wink:

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Hacks doesn't need a girlfriend. He needs something good to die for. Y'know, to make it beautiful to live.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    If you feel she is being weirded out by your advances, apologize and come clean that you were misinterpreting things-- you can go one further and explain your naivety if you like.

If you feel you are being advanced upon, go with it and be courteous but unashamed in revealing your feelings.

Also, you should always carry a condom regardless. It's not creepy, it's safe.

Just remember-- if things are ever starting to get awkward or dicey, you have an ace up your sleeve in the form of honesty. You honestly have strong feelings for this girl, and most any faux pas can be reasoned away by claiming fugue of infatuation.

That's actually pretty good advice. And yes, I do honestly have feelings for her. She's a fantastic person.

@Will -- no, I do Parliamentary debate, because fuck Policy, son. I am not speed-reading some nonsense off of cards over and over and over again at every tournament. Policy kids are fucking nuts.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Nah.

I don't even want to know what that means

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    I have a really good grounding and a lot of really good therapy, and I'm generally pretty street-smart and people-savvy-- I just suffer from a bad streak of self-sabotage, and fearing to employ the full brunt of my charisma or clevers because I used to be a misogynist and believe women couldn't be strong. Now that I've gotten over that rather sexist view, I'm okay being a strong and capable woman who can actually take care of herself-- ain't no thing wrong with that.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    If Asimov had never been, what rules would androids follow?

Gim on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    I'm guessing Hacksaw is still suffering from crippling social anxiety.
    Not really, I just don't care to know my dorm mates, is all. These people are more or less irrelevant to my success here, seeing as none of them share majors with me.

Hell, none of them even work in the same department as I do. They're about as inconsequential as they come.

EDIT: Man Senj, you're supposed to have my back.

I used to be pretty introverted, even for someone that went to Caltech. But later I made some friends and I realized that it's a lot less stressful if you have some people to talk to, which is nice for just day to day chatting (obviously you like chatting or you wouldn't be in this thread), but particularly useful if you ever feel down or need a hand with stuff. Once I had to move all my stuff from an on-campus dorm to an off-campus one that was like 4 blocks away, and I had no car. Luckily for me, my roommate had a car, and her boyfriend helped me move a bunch of heavy stuff. Without their help, I would have exploded from stress. Then there was the time my boyfriend and I broke up for 4 hours. I spent the first hour crying my eyes out in my room, but then I went to talk to my friends, and they were incredibly supportive and I felt a lot better.

tl; dr: Friends are good.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    There are objectivist dating sites. lawd

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Gim wrote: »

You would be asking that question to our robot overlords.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Man, Hacks, turn off your goddamn computer, and go talk to your goddamn floormates. My current roommate was my floormate Freshman year. My best friends from college (really, the only ones I keep in touch with) are my former suitemates and floormates.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    There are objectivist dating sites. lawd
    Best argument for eugenics I've ever heard.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Not really, I just don't care to know my dorm mates, is all. These people are more or less irrelevant to my success here, seeing as none of them share majors with me.

Hell, none of them even work in the same department as I do. They're about as inconsequential as they come.

I used to be pretty introverted, even for someone that went to Caltech. But later I made some friends and I realized that it's a lot less stressful if you have some people to talk to, which is nice for just day to day chatting (obviously you like chatting or you wouldn't be in this thread), but particularly useful if you ever feel down or need a hand with stuff. Once I had to move all my stuff from an on-campus dorm to an off-campus one that was like 4 blocks away, and I had no car. Luckily for me, my roommate had a car, and her boyfriend helped me move a bunch of heavy stuff. Without their help, I would have exploded from stress. Then there was the time my boyfriend and I broke up for 4 hours. I spent the first hour crying my eyes out in my room, but then I went to talk to my friends, and they were incredibly supportive and I felt a lot better.

Anyone smart enough to outsmart Sherlock Holmes is worth listening to, hacks

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    @Will -- no, I do Parliamentary debate, because fuck Policy, son. I am not speed-reading some nonsense off of cards over and over and over again at every tournament. Policy kids are fucking nuts.
    I did it in High School and won state. But you're right that it's a twisted form of competition and really inapplicable to ever trying to convince anyone of anything. It has some interesting tactical thinking to it though.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Hacks doesn't need a girlfriend. He needs something good to die for. Y'know, to make it beautiful to live.
    I really just want a new mistake. Loose is more than hesitate.

Do you believe it in your head?

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Anyone smart enough to outsmart Sherlock Holmes is worth listening to, hacks
    So I forced myself to talk to people like you guys told me to do a week ago.
    And it worked. I made new friends.
    But then my new friend was sitting with my lab partner * she was so fucking mean, like power and control I will dominatrix you mean* " Sure you guys can do some of the experiments ".... 2 seconds later
    " YOU ARE DOING IT ALL WRONG, NO NO. FINE ITS FINE. NO NO. IT DOESNT EVEN MATTER ANYWAYS "
    I bailed out :|

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I met two of my best friends in dorms in university. Meeting people in dorms is totally not overrated.

And seriously, you will never have an easier time getting pussy.

EVER

edit: easier, not "easy"

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Playing wii tennis makes me want a full out tennis game for the wii, with singles and online play. It has to be able to be like actual tennis matches though, those are intense.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    I did it in High School and won state. But you're right that it's a twisted form of competition and really inapplicable to ever trying to convince anyone of anything. It has some interesting tactical thinking to it though.
    My brother was all about cross-ex. I wonder if he's still ego-searching my posts for any mention of him. If so, he's a dick. You hear that, Michael?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I met two of my best friends in dorms in university. Meeting people in dorms is totally not overrated.

And seriously, you will never have an easier time getting pussy.

EVER

edit: easier, not "easy"

Just make sure you card someone before flirting with them. :P

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

You would be having your faced bashed in by our robot overlords.

Figured as much. Asimov sure gets a lot of credit for his arbitrary rules. I'll try writing a definitive sexy rule list for the ladies and see if I'm as cited for my genre-stagnating genius in 50 years.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    And seriously, you will never have an easy time getting pussy.

EVER
    This I know.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    But then my new friend was sitting with my lab partner * she was so fucking mean, like power and control I will dominatrix you mean* " Sure you guys can do some of the experiments ".... 2 seconds later
    " YOU ARE DOING IT ALL WRONG, NO NO. FINE ITS FINE. NO NO. IT DOESNT EVEN MATTER ANYWAYS "
    English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?!

Thanatos on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    Apparently I've heard a fair number of Aqueduct songs and really liked them but I only just now got around to actually getting my hands on them. Thank you, college radio.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I can't even remember the last time I did anything that could be considered "sociable."

Elendil on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    One of my suitemates has bioshock cracked on an amazing computer. He's also extremely hot and friendly.

I'll try to make friends with him.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    My brother was all about cross-ex. I wonder if he's still ego-searching my posts for any mention of him. If so, he's a dick. You hear that, Michael?
    CX really makes assholes out of people. I was a raging dickhead while I did it and it took a few years to wear off.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, somehow he thought that arguing like that in real life made him right. It just made him incredibly fucking annoying.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    CX really makes assholes out of people. I was a raging dickhead while I did it and it took a few years to wear off.
    Fuck debate. It's all about Mock Trial.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    And seriously, you will never have an easy time getting pussy.

EVER
    This I know.

NO.

GO OUT THERE AND FUCK.

I COMMAND THEE.

Seriously, go out and fuck girls. NOW. WHAT ARE YOU DOING AT THE COMPUTER!?!

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Thinatos wrote: »
    English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?!
    Maybe he's never hered it spoken the right way.

Dynagrip on
This discussion has been closed.