Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PS4] Playstation NOW (Gaikai) is announced and detailed - Beta coming later this month

24567100

Posts

  • DirtyDirty regular Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    Dirty wrote: »
    From the previous thread.
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    I give up: I just can't figure out why there's always one human who dies out of the blue in Resogun.

    I restarted the first stage like four times, kept a super close eye on Keepers, but no matter what there would always be a guy who would instantly die.

    The only thing I can think of is that there are enemy suicide bombers who crash into your caged dudes, but I'm not seeing any indication to confirm that.

    But on the subject of confirmations, I can confirm that the shove button is in AC IV after all. It's the X button, except it's not labeled in the context menu for some odd reason.

    One of the humans in stage one requires a 3x multiplier to unlock I believe. It happens when moving into phase 3 if I am remembering correctly.

    Anyone able to confirm that? It's really annoying that the game doesn't even hint about this requirement.

    That's super lame if true. I'm not a high score person, so I never worry about maintaining a multiplier. But if it's required to save all the humans, I'll probably uninstall this one.

    If you're not a high score person why does it matter if you can't save all the humans? Just play it how you want.

    I'm not a high-score guy, but I am an objectives guy. And the objective I was given was "save the humans".

    SpaffyDhalphirSul
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth regular Registered User regular
    I can't test this in work, but supposedly this link will let you save your Facebook replays so you can then upload them to YouTube (and thus link them here):

    http://www.downvids.net

    I'm still wondering how you embed screenshots from Twitter.

  • AaronsxedgeAaronsxedge regular Tokyo, JapanRegistered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    I really hope they figure out BF4 shit soon. I'd like to be able to play the game I bought to play with friends WITH said friends.
    When I jump into the server browser and apply some filtered searching, the game crashes and then when I boot it back up it says my save files are corrupted.

    Okay, so it's not just me with the corrupted save files...
    I really wanted to tackle single player to unlock the multiplayer guns, and two corrupted saves kinda discouraged me.

    Yep. Been trying for two days now. I either get kicked to the lobby or kicked out of the game entirely.

    zx2qzb.jpgrubdcy.png
    PSN: Aaronsxedgex | YouTube: Aaronsxedge
  • nusunusu regular Registered User regular
    If people are interested in picking up NBA 2k14, it looks like Amazon is having a pre-black friday deal on the super fan packs today at 1pm PST. The super fan packs contain the PS3 and PS4 versions (or 360/XBone versions) in 1 downloadable code pack.

    Steam: nusu | Origin: nusu1828 | Bnet: nusu#1828
    Switch: SW-0297-2557-7111/Nusu1828 | PSN: spubiga
    Twitter/Discord/Twitch: Nusu1828
  • FITorionFITorion regular Registered User regular
    well since I didn't get an answer last thread...

    What has been going wrong with some of the systems? Is the broken disk drive the only thing? Have there been other issues causing bricked systems? I want a definitive list so I can check to make sure my system is ok.

  • ScudMuffinScudMuffin regular MarylandRegistered User regular
    Can I manage my Friend Requests and list from the web like I can on Xbox? Adding from the console is slow going...

    XBL: Scud FTW
    PSN: ScudMuffin
  • AllforceAllforce regular Registered User regular
    You can use the Smart Glass app on your phone or tablet to do it, no web interface though that I know of.

  • AaronsxedgeAaronsxedge regular Tokyo, JapanRegistered User regular
    FITorion wrote: »
    well since I didn't get an answer last thread...

    What has been going wrong with some of the systems? Is the broken disk drive the only thing? Have there been other issues causing bricked systems? I want a definitive list so I can check to make sure my system is ok.

    They haven't really said. Some are having trouble with their HDMI ports. The Blue light dealio hasn't been explained to my knowledge.

    zx2qzb.jpgrubdcy.png
    PSN: Aaronsxedgex | YouTube: Aaronsxedge
  • ScudMuffinScudMuffin regular MarylandRegistered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    You can use the Smart Glass app on your phone or tablet to do it, no web interface though that I know of.

    Smart Glass is Xbox -_-

    XBL: Scud FTW
    PSN: ScudMuffin
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid regular Registered User regular
    So, I cannot believe that Warframe has become my go to game on my PS4. That is not what I was expecting at all. The only thing keeping me from throwing money at them as a reward for this is that I don't want to spend my free 30 Sony Bucks on a F2P game.

    I was thinking it'd be Killzone or Assassin's Creed 4, but my instant failure at KZ has left me wanting to put it off for a bit until I'm in a better mood for failing. Also, I completely want to stream my failures so the world can laugh at/with me, but I'm not quite ready for that yet.

    Meanwhile, the early missions of Assassin's Creed IV have me going "I hate this merchant guy and this main story line stuff. I want to get to Ninja Pirating Adventures! Bah, I'll deal with this later."

    Thus, I'm mostly playing Warframe right now, and I am loving it.

    PSN|AspectVoid
  • AaronsxedgeAaronsxedge regular Tokyo, JapanRegistered User regular
    ScudMuffin wrote: »
    Allforce wrote: »
    You can use the Smart Glass app on your phone or tablet to do it, no web interface though that I know of.

    Smart Glass is Xbox -_-

    I think he means the PSN app you can download for your phone. It's pretty tight.

    zx2qzb.jpgrubdcy.png
    PSN: Aaronsxedgex | YouTube: Aaronsxedge
    CarbonFire
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    I really hope they figure out BF4 shit soon. I'd like to be able to play the game I bought to play with friends WITH said friends.
    When I jump into the server browser and apply some filtered searching, the game crashes and then when I boot it back up it says my save files are corrupted.

    Okay, so it's not just me with the corrupted save files...
    I really wanted to tackle single player to unlock the multiplayer guns, and two corrupted saves kinda discouraged me.

    Yeah. Until this shit is fixed, there is no way I'm even attempting single player.
    My friend said he had no issues just doing quick match, but there's some gametypes I don't want to play, you know?
    Also, is there a party system so I can just bring my friends and I into a game, or are we shit out of luck and just have to hope the server it dumps us in has an opening or three?

  • Moridin889Moridin889 regular Registered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    I really hope they figure out BF4 shit soon. I'd like to be able to play the game I bought to play with friends WITH said friends.
    When I jump into the server browser and apply some filtered searching, the game crashes and then when I boot it back up it says my save files are corrupted.

    Okay, so it's not just me with the corrupted save files...
    I really wanted to tackle single player to unlock the multiplayer guns, and two corrupted saves kinda discouraged me.

    Yeah. Until this shit is fixed, there is no way I'm even attempting single player.
    My friend said he had no issues just doing quick match, but there's some gametypes I don't want to play, you know?
    Also, is there a party system so I can just bring my friends and I into a game, or are we shit out of luck and just have to hope the server it dumps us in has an opening or three?

    If you're trying to play Conquest that's a known broken game mode. Any of the 64 player maps seem to be having a hard time right now too.

    Considering the PC patches just listed entering vehicles as a potential CTD, I'd say that may be it

    I've been playing Domination with no issues whatsoever.

  • MachismoMachismo regular Registered User regular
    So further progress in AC4, this is simply the best game I've played in a long time. My holy trinity is probably GTA5, Skyrim, and this. Just so much open-world goodness.

    steam_sig.png
    Erin The RedvamenUnbreakableVow
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth regular Registered User regular
    nusu wrote: »
    If people are interested in picking up NBA 2k14, it looks like Amazon is having a pre-black friday deal on the super fan packs today at 1pm PST. The super fan packs contain the PS3 and PS4 versions (or 360/XBone versions) in 1 downloadable code pack.

    I watch little to no Basketball, and the last Basketball game I played was NBA Jam on the SNES.

    But the unanimous praise has me keeping an eye on this Amazon deal, plus those who bought the system through them should be entitled a $5 credit for their PSN Store (will this be sold through that?).

    Seems a lot of people like Lego Marvel as well.

  • Skull2185Skull2185 regular Registered User regular
    Isn't Conquest like... the main Battlefield mode? Seems like a major screw up to have that borked right out of the gate.

    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    ArchsorcererErin The RedGutterkisser
  • MachismoMachismo regular Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Meanwhile, the early missions of Assassin's Creed IV have me going "I hate this merchant guy and this main story line stuff. I want to get to Ninja Pirating Adventures! Bah, I'll deal with this later."

    Just roll with it. The story is actually quite good. You don't need to do the side stuff in Havana. Finish their story and do the story stuff with your pirate buddies. You could have a ship in about an hour if you didn't get distracted and didn't worry about 100% all the missions.

    steam_sig.png
  • Moridin889Moridin889 regular Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Isn't Conquest like... the main Battlefield mode? Seems like a major screw up to have that borked right out of the gate.

    Welcome to DICE. Their QA people fight with Bethesda for worst QA of the year all the time.

    Menasor
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth regular Registered User regular
    I really hope they somehow get the kinks fixed in BF4 soon since you can nab it for $25 next week (plus an additional $10 to upgrade).

    Erin The Red
  • vamenvamen regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Machismo wrote: »
    So further progress in AC4, this is simply the best game I've played in a long time. My holy trinity is probably GTA5, Skyrim, and this. Just so much open-world goodness.

    Preach it, brother! I felt a little burned by 3 and was iffy going into 4, but I wanted something to stretch my PS4's new legs, and man I can barely tear myself away from the game. So much to see, so much to do, the open world, the variety of missions and things to upgrade, and and and.
    I saw some mediocre reviews of it from a few places and from friends, and I feel like I'm playing a different game because I can barely fathom how anyone can't love this game.

    Possibly my Game of the Year.

    Also, don't they realize how much...
    that I want to parkour out of the open windows in the Abstergo building and climb up the side of the huge skyscrapper in a modern day city and eavesdrop on people and jive? I neeeed that. So sad they said we'd likely never see a modern day/future AC.

    I can't *wait* to see what they do with a full out, pure next-gen AC title. It's going to be hard to top being a pirate though.

    vamen on
    PA Fitocracy Group: Join us to try & be healthier so we can all game for many years to come.
    Sometimes I stream but not often!.
    Erin The Red
  • AllforceAllforce regular Registered User regular
    nusu wrote: »
    If people are interested in picking up NBA 2k14, it looks like Amazon is having a pre-black friday deal on the super fan packs today at 1pm PST. The super fan packs contain the PS3 and PS4 versions (or 360/XBone versions) in 1 downloadable code pack.

    I watch little to no Basketball, and the last Basketball game I played was NBA Jam on the SNES.

    But the unanimous praise has me keeping an eye on this Amazon deal, plus those who bought the system through them should be entitled a $5 credit for their PSN Store (will this be sold through that?).

    Seems a lot of people like Lego Marvel as well.

    NBA 2K is DIFFICULT. Just putting that out there. If you're not a student of the game and ready to invest some serious time in the tutorials learning how the game controls and operates you're going to get frustrated quickly.

    That said there's a 2 on 2 streetball mode, you can even be online with like 100 other people running around and watching games simultaneously play out on 7 different playground courts. Which is pretty spectacular.

    imperialparadoxGutterkisser
  • AoiAoi regular Registered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    I really hope they figure out BF4 shit soon. I'd like to be able to play the game I bought to play with friends WITH said friends.
    When I jump into the server browser and apply some filtered searching, the game crashes and then when I boot it back up it says my save files are corrupted.

    Okay, so it's not just me with the corrupted save files...
    I really wanted to tackle single player to unlock the multiplayer guns, and two corrupted saves kinda discouraged me.

    Yeah. Until this shit is fixed, there is no way I'm even attempting single player.
    My friend said he had no issues just doing quick match, but there's some gametypes I don't want to play, you know?
    Also, is there a party system so I can just bring my friends and I into a game, or are we shit out of luck and just have to hope the server it dumps us in has an opening or three?

    Start party with friends.
    Enter Game
    Pop into multiplayer server.
    System sends out invite to everyone in your party.

    It worked in several games I tried it in last night. The one exception is Warframe. It has it's own friend list.

    Erin The Red
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    http://westernmass.craigslist.org/vgm/4200591897.html

    Well...damn. I really want to know the context behind this one.

    They're going to prank their son on Christmas with a PS4 box

    The context is right there!

    That's...a pretty cruel burn.

    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
    Moridin889Rhesus PositiveDhalphir
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    http://westernmass.craigslist.org/vgm/4200591897.html

    Well...damn. I really want to know the context behind this one.

    They're going to prank their son on Christmas with a PS4 box

    The context is right there!

    That's...a pretty cruel burn.

    i await the video of his reaction. that'll be their Christmas present to the world.

  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    http://westernmass.craigslist.org/vgm/4200591897.html

    Well...damn. I really want to know the context behind this one.

    They're going to prank their son on Christmas with a PS4 box

    The context is right there!

    That's...a pretty cruel burn.

    i await the video of his reaction. that'll be their Christmas present to the world.

    So this is what happens when the internet-savvy have children. Maybe this ecosystem of family-killing wages is doing something right.

    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • Skull2185Skull2185 regular Registered User regular
    AC4 for me is met with some series fatigue, mixed with general annoyance that they still haven't made non-shitty free run controls by the 6th main console entry of the series. I loaned it to my brother in exchange for Knack (which I'm enjoying. I think that may have also been part of the problem. Too many super serious grimdark FPS games lately. I needed a lighthearted colorful game to cleanse the palette,I guess). I fully intend to pick it back up and give AC4 a serious try, though. My brother wont shut up about how awesome being a pirate is.

    I got up to the part in the story where you get your ship and crew but
    I cannot get past those friggin warships with their mortars. I figured, after like 5 deaths, that I was supposed to just outrun them and sail away. I just can't avoid their artillary...

    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    http://westernmass.craigslist.org/vgm/4200591897.html

    Well...damn. I really want to know the context behind this one.

    They're going to prank their son on Christmas with a PS4 box

    The context is right there!

    That's...a pretty cruel burn.

    i await the video of his reaction. that'll be their Christmas present to the world.

    So this is what happens when the internet-savvy have children. Maybe this ecosystem of family-killing wages is doing something right.

    also it is possible that they're getting him an Xbox and are just messing with him as opposed to getting him just an empty box and creating a story that he'll tell to multiple therapists over the course of his life.

  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    http://westernmass.craigslist.org/vgm/4200591897.html

    Well...damn. I really want to know the context behind this one.

    They're going to prank their son on Christmas with a PS4 box

    The context is right there!

    That's...a pretty cruel burn.

    i await the video of his reaction. that'll be their Christmas present to the world.

    So this is what happens when the internet-savvy have children. Maybe this ecosystem of family-killing wages is doing something right.

    also it is possible that they're getting him an Xbox and are just messing with him as opposed to getting him just an empty box and creating a story that he'll tell to multiple therapists over the course of his life.

    I stand by my suspicions.

    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    and you are absolutely right to. waiting for the video to hit youtube will be the most exciting part of Christmas this year. :)

  • bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    nusu wrote: »
    If people are interested in picking up NBA 2k14, it looks like Amazon is having a pre-black friday deal on the super fan packs today at 1pm PST. The super fan packs contain the PS3 and PS4 versions (or 360/XBone versions) in 1 downloadable code pack.

    I watch little to no Basketball, and the last Basketball game I played was NBA Jam on the SNES.

    But the unanimous praise has me keeping an eye on this Amazon deal, plus those who bought the system through them should be entitled a $5 credit for their PSN Store (will this be sold through that?).

    Seems a lot of people like Lego Marvel as well.

    NBA 2K is DIFFICULT. Just putting that out there. If you're not a student of the game and ready to invest some serious time in the tutorials learning how the game controls and operates you're going to get frustrated quickly.

    That said there's a 2 on 2 streetball mode, you can even be online with like 100 other people running around and watching games simultaneously play out on 7 different playground courts. Which is pretty spectacular.

    On the other hand, I got NBA 2K14 purely for the graphical spectacle and have been enjoying it. The "learn the moves" tutorial is pretty quick and you can do it in parts, but either way, I've been having fun with the MyPlayer NBA RPG even if I'm taking dumb shots poorly. It's playable, at least at that level, without a huge investment.

    3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • LutExIVLutExIV Thieves Guild Chairman In the ShadowsRegistered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    Allforce wrote: »
    Dirty wrote: »
    From the previous thread.
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    I give up: I just can't figure out why there's always one human who dies out of the blue in Resogun.

    I restarted the first stage like four times, kept a super close eye on Keepers, but no matter what there would always be a guy who would instantly die.

    The only thing I can think of is that there are enemy suicide bombers who crash into your caged dudes, but I'm not seeing any indication to confirm that.

    But on the subject of confirmations, I can confirm that the shove button is in AC IV after all. It's the X button, except it's not labeled in the context menu for some odd reason.

    One of the humans in stage one requires a 3x multiplier to unlock I believe. It happens when moving into phase 3 if I am remembering correctly.

    Anyone able to confirm that? It's really annoying that the game doesn't even hint about this requirement.

    That's super lame if true. I'm not a high score person, so I never worry about maintaining a multiplier. But if it's required to save all the humans, I'll probably uninstall this one.

    If you're not a high score person why does it matter if you can't save all the humans? Just play it how you want.

    I'm not a high-score guy, but I am an objectives guy. And the objective I was given was "save the humans".

    I haven't noticed humans dying to low multipliers, but it's possible I missed it. I do know that at least one level will toss out multiple keeper sets that unlock to different human boxes. They have come out so close that it will only anounce "keepers detected" once. This leads me to destroy the first set, grab the human, drop him off and get a "human lost" call for the other guy.


    Man I can't wait to dig into AC4, but I want to finish KZ first.

    26965406221_865f825658.jpg
    Steam/PSN/XBox Live:LutExIV
  • MachismoMachismo regular Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    Machismo wrote: »
    So further progress in AC4, this is simply the best game I've played in a long time. My holy trinity is probably GTA5, Skyrim, and this. Just so much open-world goodness.

    Preach it, brother! I felt a little burned by 3 and was iffy going into 4, but I wanted something to stretch my PS4's new legs, and man I can barely tear myself away from the game. So much to see, so much to do, the open world, the variety of missions and things to upgrade, and and and.
    I saw some mediocre reviews of it from a few places and from friends, and I feel like I'm playing a different game because I can barely fathom how anyone can't love this game.

    Possibly my Game of the Year.

    Also, don't they realize how much...
    that I want to parkour out of the open windows in the Abstergo building and climb up the side of the huge skyscrapper in a modern day city and eavesdrop on people and jive? I neeeed that. So sad they said we'd likely never see a modern day/future AC.

    I can't *wait* to see what they do with a full out, pure next-gen AC title. It's going to be hard to top being a pirate though.

    Having played the modern day section in Spain in AC3... I hope they don't do it too much. Sneaking into a building using the AC mechanics only works to a point. At a certain point, it is to easy to see the flaws in the system due to our modern-day experiences. That said, in support of the traditional gameplay it works since the experience is a limited scope thing. For example, go into this building, after hours and do what you do. Oh, by the way, you can get in through that tower they are building next door which is perfectly climbable.

    steam_sig.png
  • bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Someone asked in the earlier thread about the Vita TV: apparently the Japanese OS doesn't have the PS4 Link app yet, so in addition to the whole "no NA accounts" thing, this means really really do not plan on using it for PS4 stuff on launch.

    I'm still getting mine on Friday, I'll let you all know if anything changes with it, and I hope it does.

    3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • ED!ED! regular Registered User regular
    FITorion wrote: »
    well since I didn't get an answer last thread...

    What has been going wrong with some of the systems? Is the broken disk drive the only thing? Have there been other issues causing bricked systems? I want a definitive list so I can check to make sure my system is ok.

    They haven't really said. Some are having trouble with their HDMI ports. The Blue light dealio hasn't been explained to my knowledge.

    While there may be other causes of the Flashing Blue Light, the primary cause seems to be the "handshake" that is done with your TV not being made. I've also found it happening when I have to power off the console and there is a disc in the machine - I'll just get stuck in the Blue Light loop.

    I'm more annoyed that the controller last significantly less than the DS3. If that's the cost of having an always on light, I'm all for being able to turn it off.

    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • VothVoth regular Registered User regular
    I picked up the camera. I'm hoping they patch in support for both 3d and Move for KZ or anything else in the future. I'd love another Sports Champions.

    reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • AllforceAllforce regular Registered User regular
    Things I still haven't figured out:

    1. How does recording videos work? I have never hit the "record gameplay" button yet when I looked at my Capture folder I have all these random videos on there. Some are like 12 minutes of a random game of COD, some are 8 seconds of me at the title screen of Resogun. Makes no sense. Where do I go to see the last 15 minutes that its supposedly always recording?

    2. Can you watch someone's twitch stream right through the console?

    3. Can you really only switch avatars you've bought or downloaded via the PS3? I have a bunch from Plus but they're nowhere to be selected, yet the one applied to my account now is one o got via the same process and applied via the PS3 awhile ago.

  • ED!ED! regular Registered User regular
    Once you hit the SHARE button it will save what it has been recording and ask you what you want to upload. So if you've hit the share button previously, it will present you with what it has recorded so far since that point.

    I will say it is wildly inconsistent in what automatically gets recorded - first party games seem to work as intended, but something like ACIV - I only have the one screenshot I took. In theory, this should be a continuous process - however developers can limit what can be recorded (it seems anything can be screenshotted).

    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth regular Registered User regular
    1. It's supposed to save the last 15 minutes of your game at a time. I'm not sure what it determines to record in smaller chunks, but my guess is either reloading checkpoints or loading screens.

    2. You certainly can, that's the point of the Live from Playstation tab.

    3. Dunno

    In related news, Xbox One won't have streaming support this year:

    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/11/live-gameplay-streaming-on-xbox-one-delayed-until-2014/

  • zllehszllehs regular Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    Things I still haven't figured out:

    1. How does recording videos work? I have never hit the "record gameplay" button yet when I looked at my Capture folder I have all these random videos on there. Some are like 12 minutes of a random game of COD, some are 8 seconds of me at the title screen of Resogun. Makes no sense. Where do I go to see the last 15 minutes that its supposedly always recording?

    2. Can you watch someone's twitch stream right through the console?

    3. Can you really only switch avatars you've bought or downloaded via the PS3? I have a bunch from Plus but they're nowhere to be selected, yet the one applied to my account now is one o got via the same process and applied via the PS3 awhile ago.

    1- well its supposed to record your last 15 minutes of gameplay and that is what you can edit and then upload
    maybe those short clips are lapses in your gameplay? like you hitting the PS button (or share) stops the recording maybe? I know everytime I press share it takes a screen shot

    -2 Totally! You can watch a ton of live streams from the "Live from Playstation" tab I was watching someone play a speed run of knack earlier today
    I'f youre asking can you watch someones specific stream from the PS4? like a person on your friends list? I think so... If they are broadcasting I thing the option shows up if you go to them on your friends list

    takes a little time to load but Gaikai is what should make it instantly responsive i think

    3- IDK

  • ChanceChance regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Dirty wrote: »
    Allforce wrote: »
    Dirty wrote: »
    From the previous thread.
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    I give up: I just can't figure out why there's always one human who dies out of the blue in Resogun.

    I restarted the first stage like four times, kept a super close eye on Keepers, but no matter what there would always be a guy who would instantly die.

    The only thing I can think of is that there are enemy suicide bombers who crash into your caged dudes, but I'm not seeing any indication to confirm that.

    But on the subject of confirmations, I can confirm that the shove button is in AC IV after all. It's the X button, except it's not labeled in the context menu for some odd reason.

    One of the humans in stage one requires a 3x multiplier to unlock I believe. It happens when moving into phase 3 if I am remembering correctly.

    Anyone able to confirm that? It's really annoying that the game doesn't even hint about this requirement.

    That's super lame if true. I'm not a high score person, so I never worry about maintaining a multiplier. But if it's required to save all the humans, I'll probably uninstall this one.

    If you're not a high score person why does it matter if you can't save all the humans? Just play it how you want.

    I'm not a high-score guy, but I am an objectives guy. And the objective I was given was "save the humans".

    Your objective is now to not drop your multiplier for all of the first level.

    Tips :
    • Picking up a human keeps your combo going
    • Dropping off a human keeps your combo going
    • You can boost into a human to pick them up
    • Your combo disappears super-fast, so plan your approach to humans to pick up and their drop-off points accordingly (make sure there are enemies to kill near it), just be careful not to play so defensively that you're holding on to one human while two more are waiting for rescue.
    • I believe boosting - while it doesn't pause the combo meter cooldown - slows its decay, so use it to blitz across the level to killable enemies.
    • Y'know the detonation at the end of a boost? (1) You can boost longer the more enemies you fly into. (2) The size of the detonation at the end of the boost increases based on how many enemies you killed in the boost.
    • Killing enemies with a boost detonation is like killing them with overdrive - you get more points the more enemies you kill very quickly.
    • It's almost always better to do short, five-inch boosts to zip around the screen and remain invincible. The longer you boost, the longer it'll take for you to be able to boost again - so short boosts are best for your survivability.

    You can do this, Dirty. You can make it through the first stage without ever dropping your combo and make 5 million points.

    I believe in you.

    [edit] Oh, and save all humans. That too.

    Chance on
    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    CarbonFire
This discussion has been closed.