As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Pals Gaming: Killer Pinstinct

• phantompowerphantompower Registered User new member
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Same here, no friends with an Xbox just yet. Do you know if those challenges add to gamerscore like achievements or are they different, I think I did the earlier one which was just to do an ultra online, think i got some kp for it. I will add you soon, I am Ayefkay

I am also in need of some Xbox friends - and where best to find them then on the PA boards where I have been lurking for years. Take it easy on me.

• phantompowerphantompower Registered User new member
    Anyone else who wants to add me as a friend and play some KI...feel free. Again, I am not that good, but I take the beatings well. My gamertag is 'phantompower'

• GooseyGooseGooseyGoose Registered User regular
    Anyone else who wants to add me as a friend and play some KI...feel free. Again, I am not that good, but I take the beatings well. My gamertag is 'phantompower'

That is one of the best pictures of pikachu I've ever seen. I'm being serious. I play occasionally as gooseygoose. I'd be down for some games if I'm online at the same time.

• Konig WolfKonig Wolf Registered User regular
    Added everyone as a friend who posted their Gamertag in this thread. My Gamertag is the same as my forum user name here.

I really haven't had time to play KI, let alone my Xbox One due to work/being sick/holiday, but would love to try to complete the Friend Stomper challenge if anyone would like to play a few rounds in the next couple days.

• vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    I'd really like to try to complete it. I'm a late shifter, so I don't get to play until pretty late at night, but I've been adding everyone who's sent a message/friend request so far.

Keep an eye out, dudes. Missing a challenge so early on is going to set off a NEW level of brain squirrel problems...

55ymlH2.png
  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Not too concerned if I miss those, waiting for pin challenges before I go hard

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    just wanted to say my name is gooseygoose88, not gooseygoose on xbox live

• msuroomsuroo Registered User regular
    Got my XB1 fired up last night and...KI doesn't work. It freezes up on the "Checking for downloadable content" screen. Tried rebooting, deleting/reinstalling, everything. I was finally able to get into the game and mess around in the dojo by disabling my internet connection (remembering when Mass Effect a similar problem), but I'm hoping this gets fixed before the pin challenges go live.

On a side note, Jesus I am terribad at this game. Even the dojo was humbling.

• Midas244Midas244 Registered User regular
    User name is Hand of Midas, add me! :)

• vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    It's a tight window, with less than two hours left, but for those of you still grasping for the Friend Stomper challenge...

Just go into exhibition matches, and before hitting "Ready" to start the fight, hit "Y" to bring up your matched opponent's gamer card and add them as a friend. You'll appear as a new follower for them, but they don't have to accept the friend request, nor will it distract them from the game. Win three matches like this, and Friend Stomper is yours!

55ymlH2.png
  • Konig WolfKonig Wolf Registered User regular
    Thank you so much for posting that information vid! Just completed the challenge and finished the third win with my first ultra!

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I've added everyone so far, but I have yet to find anyone in Manchester with an XBONE. Hopefully I can find someone in Seattle who is willing to trade time on theirs for pizza and alcohol. And the added bonus of watching me get beaten to a pulp for an hour or so.

• sirensiren Registered User regular
    Another Pinny Arcade collector here, just picked up KI Pin Edition off of eBay after I noticed the MS Store online cancelled my order for some odd reason...

Did anyone ever figure out why they cancelled a bunch of orders?

Feel free to add me on Xbox as
    Gene Defect

• HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    To confirm: once someone buys an edition of the game (I bought the Ultra on launch day), it's too late to associate a Pin Edition with that account (since the game can't be redeemed on an account which already owns the game)?

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Headhunter wrote: »
    To confirm: once someone buys an edition of the game (I bought the Ultra on launch day), it's too late to associate a Pin Edition with that account (since the game can't be redeemed on an account which already owns the game)?

@TheHonestHippo Can anything be done?

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

In this case couldn't you just enter the code into the site where you sign up?

And then you could probably sell/give away that code or something as one that can't get the pins or whatever.

Received a bunch of invites through the Xbox one app, away on holiday atm. Coming home tonight, will add you all soon.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    Opps, my xbl tag is MAN1C 2K Btw

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
    edited December 2013
    So I'm back home now. Wondering if we have enough people for a mini tournament? Im thinking about 8 players? maybe a small prize at the end? Something to get us in the mood and excited for the soon to start pin related challenges

Whether or not we all play together, i just went through the thread and made a list of everyones Gamertag who has said they own an Xbox One and KI.

Ayefkay
    vidkid7
    phantompower
    gooseygoose88
    Konig Wolf
    Hand of Midas
    Gene Defect
    MAN1C 2K
    pedroasani
    msuroo
    NinjaLunchBox79
    gn0xious
    InsaneMox

Might be a good idea to have these in the OP for future reference?

Ayefkay on

8fuuo_RK.png
    So I'm back home now. Wondering if we have enough people for a mini tournament? Im thinking about 8 players? maybe a small prize at the end? Something to get us in the mood and excited for the soon to start pin related challenges

Whether or not we all play together, i just went through the thread and made a list of everyones Gamertag who has said they own an Xbox One and KI.

Ayefkay
    vidkid7
    phantompower
    gooseygoose
    Konig Wolf
    Hand of Midas
    Gene Defect
    MAN1C 2K
    pedroasani

My XBLA name is gooseygoose88.

• msuroomsuroo Registered User regular

Ayefkay
    vidkid7
    phantompower
    gooseygoose
    Konig Wolf
    Hand of Midas
    Gene Defect
    MAN1C 2K
    pedroasani

Great idea - you can add me as msuroo.

• NinjaLunchBox79NinjaLunchBox79 Registered User regular
    Well I'm new to this pin thing. A big KI fan so I bought the pin edition. Would love to add more people to my friends list for help on the challenges .... been playing but still getting my butt kicked lol. Gamertag is the same as forum name 'NinjaLunchBox79' thanks!!

PedroAsani wrote: »

@TheHonestHippo Can anything be done?

I appreciate the effort, but I might end up just buying them from the store (which I think is an option): unless they sell out, saving on the shipping by combining the pins into one huge order (as opposed to 1-2 purchase per month as I believe the challenges require redemption within 30 days) is pretty much a wash.

In this case couldn't you just enter the code into the site where you sign up?

And then you could probably sell/give away that code or something as one that can't get the pins or whatever.

If I understand correctly, the challenge tracking is tied to the game code that is entered on the KI Pin Edition page. It's not a big deal, was just wondering..

• gn0xgn0x Arizona, USARegistered User regular

Ayefkay
    vidkid7
    phantompower
    gooseygoose
    Konig Wolf
    Hand of Midas
    Gene Defect
    MAN1C 2K
    pedroasani

Feel free to add me, gn0xious

• InsaneloonInsaneloon Jefferson City, MissouriRegistered User regular
    I like that idea, and I'd like to put my name out there too, although I won't have my XB1 until Christmas. It's InsaneMox - can't wait to play with everyone!

Instead of making new posts with gamertags, ive just added them to my earlier post, will still try to get them on the OP ASAP

8fuuo_RK.png
  • ancienteternityancienteternity Registered User regular
    I've got mine set up now, gamertag is ancienteternity. It's so much fun getting beaten to a pulp! :)

3HbAeAg.png

I'm ready for the next PAX already!
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Just an FYI for those who play fighting games on the 360/PS3, there is a converter that seemingly just came out that lets you use your old controllers (check their list on their site) for KI. Got one and should have it tomorrow (along with my Xbox One).

I'll report back on how well it works (if anyone cares).

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • ancienteternityancienteternity Registered User regular
    Anyone else having issues unlocking the World Tour challenge? I know I've beaten each character once online, but it's not even tracking anything, let alone giving me the challenge!

3HbAeAg.png

I'm ready for the next PAX already!
    I've noticed that with some achievements you need to do one more than what is required for it to tick.

8fuuo_RK.png
    Is there an online/offline discrepancy with Achievements? I know that Steam has troubles with that.

edited December 2013
    Could also need to be ranked and not exhibition matches.

edit: Ordered the wrong usb thingy. Damn it. Returning that today and ordered the right one. Maybe some KI next week. If the pin challenge starts before the usb thing arrives I'll still go for it obviously.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    I've noticed that with some achievements you need to do one more than what is required for it to tick.

I think it's a platform issue, it happens a lot with Forza Motorsport 5 too. :/

• BeardedPotatoBeardedPotato Registered User regular

Ayefkay
    vidkid7
    phantompower
    gooseygoose88
    Konig Wolf
    Hand of Midas
    Gene Defect
    MAN1C 2K
    pedroasani
    msuroo
    NinjaLunchBox79
    gn0xious
    InsaneMox

XmodY
    (which will also be handy to add if you play Forza.)

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    So do we still have no idea when the events are going to go live? Still contemplating the whole Xbone thing D:

at this stage, i think it will start in January

8fuuo_RK.png
    I thought the Sabrewolf pin was coming mid-late December? But yea, January is the start of the trials or whatever. I mean, that is the first month on the display case.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    Oh Pinny Arcade, what have you done?! I just bought a $40 game for $130 on eBay...

Oh Pinny Arcade, what have you done?! I just bought a $40 game for $130 on eBay...

Are there no MS stores near you? There should be some copies there.

• DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I thought they were all sold out a week ago? The one near me doesn't have any.

Dreamwriter on