As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam] Winter is Here

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    raaaaage

I switched my credit card and now I can't access the market for 7 days. Why, Steam! I want to trade cards and buy things for Christmas and gaaaaah hmmph.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    Ceno wrote: »
    I think I have enough in my wallet to finally nab AC3 if it goes on a flash/daily. So I am mulling over whether to wait for that, or just wait and put that towards Thief in February.
    If you can swing it, get the Washington DLC, too. The animal powers are awesome and make Connor super mobile despite the lower skyline of colonial America. Also, double assassinating fools as a super-awesome spirit eagle is pretty great.

I... what?

I own AC3 and haven't played it yet, and you described a whole bunch of mechanics I had NO idea were in this game.

The animal stuff is only in the Washington DLC. I enjoyed the main game quite a bit, but if Enemy Within hadn't come out this year The Tyranny of King Washington would have been my favorite piece of downloadable content. Not-really-an-Assassin Connor is so much more sneaky and mobile than Assassin Connor is that it's not ever funny.

He can go invisible, he can summon wolves to do his dirty work, he can fly from point to point like an eagle, he can use that flight to assassinate, and he can turn into a bear to absolutely wreck crowds of guards. AC3 got a lot of guff for not being as fun as the 2 trilogy was, but the DLC knocked it out of the park in terms of fun and interesting mechanics.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    some of you should have bigger wishlists

Sometimes people have decent wishlists, and then other people come along and decimate said wishlists, leaving only scattered remains.

Other people by the name of @Beryline who like to sneak up on you and gift pinball tables that have only been on there for a few hours.

Thanks for the new Star Wars Tables and may the force be with you when we all get our gifting revenge!

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    PSA:

Borderlands 2 GOTY $15

This is the correct link! Thanks for catching that @Iolo.

If only this was for PC. I would appreciate a heads up of someone sees the PC version for cheap.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    @Talus is a magnificent human being who sent me a code this morning, but I just got home uphill in Renton snow to redeem it.

Crysis 2 maximum edition! I need a youtube video of someone saying "YEEEESSSSSS" in the most metal fashion possible.

• Options
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Seriously, has anyone else run into this problem? Steam declines your card, the bank says the reason they were given is your CVV2 code is wrong but you are clearly entering the right numbers and your card works fine everywhere else? Halp.

Have you been to Target in the past month?

Our two cards (different accounts) stopped working last night, and when we called the bank they said they were automatically deactivated because of the data breach at Target.

Are you sure your card is working elsewhere since you tried to use it on Steam and had it declined?
    Yup, checked with the bank this morning AND used it to make a small donation to another Children's Hospital charity just to make sure. However it appears it is working again now after I submitted a ticket to Steam support.

Wait! You got a quick response from steam support? During a sale?

What is this strange power you possess?

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    PSA:

Borderlands 2 GOTY $15

If only this was for PC. I would appreciate a heads up of someone sees the PC version for cheap.

@PrjctD_Captain, BL2 is steamworks. This site gives you a mac code that you activate on steam and get the PC version as well. I've gifted codes from this site to PC users before.

$15 for GOTY is craaaaazy vaaaaalue!!!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    New power supply installed and I'm ready to give steam the rest of my money. Maybe eventually get around to playing a game or two but only if there is time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Iolo wrote: »
    PSA:

Borderlands 2 GOTY $15

@PrjctD_Captain, BL2 is steamworks. This site gives you a mac code that you activate on steam and get the PC version as well. I've gifted codes from this site to PC users before.

$15 for GOTY is craaaaazy vaaaaalue!!!

Oh really??

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    badpoet wrote: »
    I wish you had an option to just buy stuff and play stuff without all these stupid cards shitting up your inventory. I don't want cards, badges, or achievements, for that matter. Just sell me the games, and let me play the games, without giving all this junk to my account.

If you dont want them, you could always just sell them on the market for free money.

@Talus9952 Check my inventory of games, I will give you games straight up for your cards.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    PSA:

Borderlands 2 GOTY $15

@PrjctD_Captain

Borderlands 2 is a steamworks game. Meaning, whichever platform you buy it from, you will be able to redeem it on steam and play on both mac and/or PC.

Edit:
    Beaten to the punch! Glad you guys got this covered!

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I never knew that, I just buy games on the cheap and play about halfway through em. But BL2 is a game I've sunk hundreds of hours into and would gladly do again with my new PC that can actually handle it.

• Options
    I wish you had an option to just buy stuff and play stuff without all these stupid cards shitting up your inventory. I don't want cards, badges, or achievements, for that matter. Just sell me the games, and let me play the games, without giving all this junk to my account.

If you dont want them, you could always just sell them on the market for free money.

@Talus9952 Check my inventory of games, I will give you games straight up for your cards.

Um, wow. Not sure if I can accept games for cards. Sounds far too generous.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    So yesterday I sent a friend request to @GnomeTank, whom I know from other threads, thinking I can sneak in a gift or two. Unfortunately, before I even realized the invite was accepted, he had already gifted me Final Fantasy VII.

The message contained a cryptic Ho ho ho, which I can only assume was a reference to an earlier discussion on tax rates and zip codes, with H0H0H0 being the postal code of Santa Claus at the North Pole. Well played, but you're now on my list. Fortunately for you, it's in the nice column. Thanks!

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I received a gift from @DaxterMax
    6VEZ4xZ.png
    Unfortunately I broke my left arm about a week ago, which somewhat limits the games I can play.

Still a great gift and I'll be sure to play it after my arm is healed.

• Options
    omg this is killing me I had to wait until today to buy things BAH

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Holy cats!

jFOfOub.jpg

@DaxterMax you are truly a class act. I am absolutely blown away. I haven't even had a chance to play your last gift, The Wolf Among Us, or the gift before that, Fez, or Splice before that! (But I will!*) I would say that I don't quite know what I've done to be singled out for such extraordinary generosity, except I know I'm far from the only one whose inboxes you light up with class.

Thanks so much. I really appreciate it. <3

Promise dependent on development and commercial availability of longevity promoting technology.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Boo, the Flash Deal price for Risk of Rain has been adjusted. When I voted for it, it said it was going to go down to $4. Now it's been adjusted so if it wins it'll only go down to $6.70.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options

They're worth between $0.15 and $1.50 apiece, so it's very easy to determine exactly how valuable they are in exchange for a game.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Not a game, but this was a helluva classy trade offer from @Antoshka awaiting me when I came back from nap time a bit ago:

antoshkatrade.jpg

Thanks! Closer to a badge I go.

heart2.png

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    spool32 wrote: »
    raaaaage

I switched my credit card and now I can't access the market for 7 days. Why, Steam! I want to trade cards and buy things for Christmas and gaaaaah hmmph.

@spool32, in a pinch you can go into Gamestop or Best Buy and pick up a Steam Wallet card.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Several ages ago (in internet time), when we were still downloading patches over dialup modems, I played Final Fantasy VII. It had a near game killing bug for the graphics card on my PC, which caused all of the cutscenes to render upside-down. Did it stop me? HELL NO! I literally draped myself over the back of my game chair for every cinematic, so that I could watch them correctly. Eventually, I was able to download the patch to fix the problem, but not until I was about a third of the way through the game.

Why the story? Because today @Ice Nein gifted me the game. So I can finally go back and play it again, without standing on my head this time!

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited December 2013

Cards have value, and I have games I can't sell or give away(some), so if you want any of them and we work out a deal, its win-win. I've done trades with other people on the forums if you are worried about anything, and you can see the value of the game/vs the (probably) multiple cards.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    Just grabbed Dragon Commander since it was a flash sale. Anyone played it? I've never really heard of it but it looks right up my alley.

My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    So, I've just barely started Draw a Stickman: EPIC, but the first level is called Cuddle Bunny Peak. Naturally, there are bunnies, and I was so excited to see them. However, my excitement swiftly turned to distress as I died about 30 seconds later after accidentally catching myself on fire. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this one. Thanks again, @emutheelf!

• Options
    Heartlash wrote: »
    Just grabbed Dragon Commander since it was a flash sale. Anyone played it? I've never really heard of it but it looks right up my alley.

It's fantastic! The strategy part is fun, if not the most challenging, and the world building/RPGs side of it that you play between missions is where the game truly shines. Also lest I forget the games true crowning glory Dragons. With. Jetpacks.

• Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    I'm upgrading my old-ass PC in a week or two, whenever Newegg sends me the rest of my parts. Those Crysis deals are mighty tempting, seeing as I've never been able to play them and now I will. Should I bite on that bundle?

• Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Seriously, has anyone else run into this problem? Steam declines your card, the bank says the reason they were given is your CVV2 code is wrong but you are clearly entering the right numbers and your card works fine everywhere else? Halp.

Have you been to Target in the past month?

Our two cards (different accounts) stopped working last night, and when we called the bank they said they were automatically deactivated because of the data breach at Target.

Are you sure your card is working elsewhere since you tried to use it on Steam and had it declined?
    Yup, checked with the bank this morning AND used it to make a small donation to another Children's Hospital charity just to make sure. However it appears it is working again now after I submitted a ticket to Steam support.

Wait! You got a quick response from steam support? During a sale?

What is this strange power you possess?
    Well, I didn't actually get a response, it just started working again so I'm not sure if my ticket had anything to do with it.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Thanks to @Psiberian for Two Worlds 2!

Also if you people didn't vote for Risk of Rain I'm going to be very cross!

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    I haven't been able to keep up with the thread the past two days. The number of posts has exceeded my abilities. Class, class everywhere.

Since it's the holidays, I have a goofy little thing I'm doing...

When this thread hits the page that is equivalent to the day of my birth, I will send at least one gift out randomly.*
    When this thread hits the page that is equivalent to the year (last two digits of course) of my birth, I will send at least one more.*

The Gut Challenge: Can you use the above to figure out my actual birthday, including year? There's a prize in it for you. PM me your guess when the time comes. The first person to guess correctly wins.**

*If you are one of the random recipients, make sure to post fairly quickly as the pages surely won't stop flying by.
    **If you are one of the random recipients, you can win the challenge.
    ***As an assist and because I may want to give out other gifts, I will make sure to notify the recipient if the gift received is a Gut Challenge gift or not.

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Only 3 pages since this morning? For shame, steam thread. For shame.

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    I was minding my own business when @Talus9952 shows up out of nowhere and presents me with a Telltale games code, which seems to contain approximately 50 billion games. This was a devastating stroke to the backlog. (Thank you very much, you classy individual!)

Um, wow. I just checked to see my number of games. 204, you guys. 204. I was under 100 before the Thanksgiving sale. You are all a classy bunch of monsters! (And you can stop now. <3 )

• Options
    I was minding my own business when @Talus9952 shows up out of nowhere and presents me with a Telltale games code, which seems to contain approximately 50 billion games. This was a devastating stroke to the backlog. (Thank you very much, you classy individual!)

Um, wow. I just checked to see my number of games. 204, you guys. 204. I was under 100 before the Thanksgiving sale. You are all a classy bunch of monsters! (And you can stop now. <3 )

The villanous bunny calls for a ceasefire? What sorcery is this?

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Please believe me when I say that this protest not only never, ever works, but might actually make things worse.

I speak from experience.

*twitch*

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Psiberian for Two Worlds 2!

Also if you people didn't vote for Risk of Rain I'm going to be very cross!

I won't be buying it but I voted Risk for Rain as it seems like the most likely game people here will want

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Because everyone on my friends list has this already

Just Cause 2
    Loading...?

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Viking wrote: »

Just Cause 2

Yoink! Thanks!

PrjctD_Captain on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Only 3 pages since this morning? For shame, steam thread. For shame.

I actually caught up!

Thanks @malakaius for the totally-not-saleing CK2 DLC

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Viking wrote: »

Just Cause 2
    Loading...?

Disagree =(

Oh well, someone already grabbed it. Have fun!

• Options
    I just want to say:

@HiT BiT is made of awesome and win and amazing things.

For reasons.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
This discussion has been closed.