As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PS Vita] Cerny giveth and Cerny taketh away

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Isy is on the last step on his way to Nirvana. That's his last incarnation.

I thought all you had to do to experience nirvana was own a Vita. Giving one away seems counterproductive to that goal!

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Isy is on the last step on his way to Nirvana. That's his last incarnation.

I thought all you had to do to experience nirvana was own a Vita. Giving one away seems counterproductive to that goal!
    When you meet the Buddha on the road, you must kill him. He will only become corrupted by you, and you will never be enlightened by him.

Obviously, the only way to become more enlightened than owning a Vita is giving a Vita away to someone else.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Holy crap. I just listed off all the games I've got on my Vita (not counting any digital games - PSP, PS1, Vita - that I've bought and not put on it, or bought and taken off it). This is what goes in my jacket pocket, currently :
    [Vita games]
    • Dragon's Crown
    • Guacamelee
    • Muramasa : Rebirth
    • Rayman Origins
    • Gravity Rush
    • Uncharted : Golden Abyss
    • Sorcery Saga : Curse of the Great Curry God
    • Zero Escape : Virtue's Last Reward
    • Persona 4 Golden
    • Limbo
    • Plants Vs. Zombies
    • Hotline Miami
    • WipEout 2048
    • Super Stardust Delta
    • Retro City Rampage
    • Sly Cooper : Thieves in Time
    • Dokuro
    • Atelier Totori Plus
    • Velocity Ultra
    • Ys : Memories of Celceta
    • Stick it to the Man
    • Tokyo Jungle
    • Spelunky
    • Urban Trial : Freestyle

[PSP games]
    • Valkyria Chronicles II
    • Persona 3 Portable
    • Patapon 2
    • God of War : Chains of Olympus
    • God of War : Ghost of Sparta
    • Metal Slug XX
    • SEGA Genesis Collection, which includes...
    1. Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
    2. Altered Beast
    3. Bonanza Bros.
    4. Columns
    5. Comix Zone
    6. Decap Attack
    7. Ecco the Dolphin
    8. Ecco: The Tides of Time
    9. Ecco Jr.
    10. Flicky
    11. Gain Ground
    12. Golden Axe
    13. Golden Axe II
    14. Golden Axe III
    15. Kid Chameleon
    16. Phantasy Star II
    17. Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
    18. Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
    19. Ristar
    20. Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
    21. Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
    22. Sonic The Hedgehog
    23. Sonic The Hedgehog 2
    24. Super Thunder Blade
    25. Sword of Vermilion
    26. Vectorman
    27. Vectorman 2
    28. Virtua Fighter 2

[PS1 games]
    • Chrono Trigger
    • Final Fantasy VII
    • Resident Evil 2

[Metal Gear Solid games!]
    • Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
    • Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of Liberty HD (Vita)
    • Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater HD (Vita)
    • Metal Gear Solid : Peace Walker (PSP)

We are living in the future.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Fun fact. If you've purchased Flower back in the day, you now have a free copy of Flower for the Vita that you can purchase too.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Fun fact. If you've purchased Flower back in the day, you now have a free copy of Flower for the Vita that you can purchase too.

god bless cross buy

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

Is Flow the same way? I noticed it was free on PSN and did buy it on PS3 years ago.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Holy crap. I just listed off all the games I've got on my Vita (not counting any digital games - PSP, PS1, Vita - that I've bought and not put on it, or bought and taken off it). This is what goes in my jacket pocket, currently :
    [Vita games]
    • Dragon's Crown
    • Guacamelee
    • Muramasa : Rebirth
    • Rayman Origins
    • Gravity Rush
    • Uncharted : Golden Abyss
    • Sorcery Saga : Curse of the Great Curry God
    • Zero Escape : Virtue's Last Reward
    • Persona 4 Golden
    • Limbo
    • Plants Vs. Zombies
    • Hotline Miami
    • WipEout 2048
    • Super Stardust Delta
    • Retro City Rampage
    • Sly Cooper : Thieves in Time
    • Dokuro
    • Atelier Totori Plus
    • Velocity Ultra
    • Ys : Memories of Celceta
    • Stick it to the Man
    • Tokyo Jungle
    • Spelunky
    • Urban Trial : Freestyle

[PSP games]
    • Valkyria Chronicles II
    • Persona 3 Portable
    • Patapon 2
    • God of War : Chains of Olympus
    • God of War : Ghost of Sparta
    • Metal Slug XX
    • SEGA Genesis Collection, which includes...
    1. Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
    2. Altered Beast
    3. Bonanza Bros.
    4. Columns
    5. Comix Zone
    6. Decap Attack
    7. Ecco the Dolphin
    8. Ecco: The Tides of Time
    9. Ecco Jr.
    10. Flicky
    11. Gain Ground
    12. Golden Axe
    13. Golden Axe II
    14. Golden Axe III
    15. Kid Chameleon
    16. Phantasy Star II
    17. Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
    18. Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
    19. Ristar
    20. Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
    21. Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
    22. Sonic The Hedgehog
    23. Sonic The Hedgehog 2
    24. Super Thunder Blade
    25. Sword of Vermilion
    26. Vectorman
    27. Vectorman 2
    28. Virtua Fighter 2

[PS1 games]
    • Chrono Trigger
    • Final Fantasy VII
    • Resident Evil 2

[Metal Gear Solid games!]
    • Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
    • Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of Liberty HD (Vita)
    • Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater HD (Vita)
    • Metal Gear Solid : Peace Walker (PSP)

We are living in the future.

Wait wat

You mean to tell me I could have been playing Phantasy Star on my Vita? Why did I not know they put the genesis collection on PSP too?

• Options
    skeldare wrote: »

Is Flow the same way? I noticed it was free on PSN and did buy it on PS3 years ago.

Not for the free one, no. It is cross buy if you purchased (for money) Flow on PSN.

• Options
    H*RH*R Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    The 14 for 14 sale is now live on the store.

Some prices haven't been updated yet.

H*R on
    Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Peace Walker is $7, not $5. That's not a mistake, the original report of $5 was the mistake.

• Options
    So the online playstation store is kinda borked right now, but I had a question: If I buy the vita version of Spelunky, does that count as cross-buy, and I'll also get the PSN version for the PS3?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    So the online playstation store is kinda borked right now, but I had a question: If I buy the vita version of Spelunky, does that count as cross-buy, and I'll also get the PSN version for the PS3?

Yep! Buy one, get the other.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    The only time you have to be wary about Cross-Buy is when there's a retail copy involved. Instances like Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. With those, you only get both if you buy the PS3 version because the PS3 version generally tends to be more expensive by $10/$20. With all PSN-only games so far (unless I'm mistaken), it's "Buy one, get the other(s)" because the prices are the same no matter what platform.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    So uh, the first Muramasa DLC is out? I guess? Out of nowhere.

And I'm reading that you should pop in the game first and let it patch, THEN buy the DLC.

• Options
    Also, how is MGS: Peacewalker? I read somewhere that the current game is pretty difficult simply because there are not many people playing and some of the bosses rely on numbers to defeat.

• Options
    Also, how is MGS: Peacewalker? I read somewhere that the current game is pretty difficult simply because there are not many people playing and some of the bosses rely on numbers to defeat.

The bosses can be tough. They certainly take longer to beat by yourself than the average video game boss.

But it's totally doable by yourself. I did it by myself, and I am stubborn and not great at strategy. And it'll be even more doable on Vita, where you can map the face buttons to the right stick to make looking around and aiming a little more comfortable.

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »

And I'm reading that you should pop in the game first and let it patch, THEN buy the DLC.

"Game has been tweaked."

That's a hell of a patch note.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    If I played peace walker on the Xbox, can I make the controls at least similar to that?

Also I'm reeeeeally debating Thomas Was Alone but I have no idea anything about it. But I hear its great. Is it great?

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    It is the most fun I've ever had in a Metal Gear game, period. Try to play it co-op if you can, but everything in the game is doable solo.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    mxmarks wrote: »
    If I played peace walker on the Xbox, can I make the controls at least similar to that?

Also I'm reeeeeally debating Thomas Was Alone but I have no idea anything about it. But I hear its great. Is it great?
    I can't remember how it is on the consoles. On Vita, the face buttons won't be used if you map them to the right stick. The d-pad and L and R triggers will do pretty much everything, just like on PSP.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »

Thomas Was Alone is -really- charming and enjoyable and at no point is it -too- difficult, which is a point in its favor for me. Another thing I liked about it is that each level has commentary from the creator, which makes replaying the game possible since you know what to do, but you also get to hear a story about how it came to be, or the difficulty in making it do something or such. It's very interesting, and something I wish more games had. I mean, it probably won't knock your socks off, but I liked it a lot for the neat things it had.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    if I buy wolf among us now do you think I'll get the vita version when it comes out?

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Peacewalker is still a value purchase at 7 bucks.

I bought the game physically and digitally back in the day and I don't regret double dipping at normal and slightly discounted prices. Single digit price is a steal.

• Options
    grim123 wrote: »
    if I buy wolf among us now do you think I'll get the vita version when it comes out?

Probably not, The Walking Dead was never a Cross-Buy title.

• Options
    omg just bought 6 games for 28 bucks.
    wish I'd done the load 60 onto your account for 50 now :s

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Hmm... I have $10 in credit with Amazon still. Could alchemize it into PSN money. Is Lone Survivor any good? I'm debating snagging that and Stealth Bastard as they're both cross-buy games. There are a few on this sale that I'd like to pick up, but negative bank account til Friday = scrape by with the free monies.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    @fawst it looks good try the pc demo(it's flash based)
    ps fuck I want to buy rain too is it good?

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Holy shit, the Nekomata DLC doesn't fuck around on Chaos difficulty. The first boss has four forms and is a solid 20+ minutes.

• Options
    technicaltechnical Registered User regular
    So I got a Walked Dead Vita for Christmas and I've really been enjoying it. It's basically occupying all of my gaming time as of late, even over my PS4. Games I have so far are: P4G, Dragon's Crown, Hot Shots Golf, Spelunky, Gaucamelee and all of the PS+ games.

Persona has pretty much taken up all of my playtime and I have 30 hours on it. It is an incredible game and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Quick reaction to what just happened in game:
    WTF?! Teddie just turned into a person!??!

3DS FC: 3050-8986-0512

PSN: technical_ta
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    So great graphic!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Also, good god... Why does it take so long to copy a game from the PS3 to the Vita? It's not like the game has to be downloaded again.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Now would've been the perfect time for v the remote play functionality of the vita. I'm staying up, on the ground floor keeping an eye on my poorly mother who can't go up stairs. I tried using the laptop but it's not that great lying down. Gonna see how muchi can geta pre owned one for in town because screw this.

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    So great graphic!

Much quality! Wow!

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    So great graphic!

Much quality! Wow!

Alright, that's it. I need someone right now to photoshop Shiba with Kojima hair and glasses and name him 'Hideoge Kojima'.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    What's the thread title mean? All I can think of is Mr. Drippy saying "Ollie my boy!"

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Donnicton wrote: »
    So great graphic!

Much quality! Wow!

Such OLED

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    What's the thread title mean? All I can think of is Mr. Drippy saying "Ollie my boy!"

There's a skateboarding game called OlliOlli that releases for the Vita on Jan. 21.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    It's been said but it bears repeating: Killzone at $9 is a damn steal. It's probably one of the top Vita games of 2013 for me (incidentally Soul Sacrifice was one of the others).

EDIT: I'm so going to use my Double XP voucher when this goes on sale and annihilate all the influx of new users :D

For someone who didn't really care for the PS4 Killzone, any point in me picking up the Vita one?

I really liked the Vita version, beat it and did a number of the challenges. I've yet to finish the PS4 Killzone.

PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

OH MY GOD IT IS!!!

Renzo I could kiss you. In fact, :p there, a little French action.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
This discussion has been closed.