Options

Why did you jump on the spikes, Giant Bomb?

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    In my head First Contact would have had Sisko being the one all passionate and motivated about destroying the borg with his new emissary magic and Picard as the voice of reason to temper Sisko's passions. Bam Instant character conflict.

Too bad Rick Berman fucking hated DS9.

Berman and Braga are The Problem with Star Trek today.

Well they're The Problem with Star Trek 1991-2005.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Ceno wrote: »
    Telltale should just take all the storylines from the TNG Season 8 twitter account and do the Lord's work

I'd never heard about that twitter account until this very moment, yet without looking, I know exactly what it is

gKLTcB9.jpg

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    What is it with ricks

Man

I really wish red letter media didn't lean so hard on gross out humor and their stupid boring meta story

Their jokes and criticism are good enough to stand on their own!

Eh

It's mostly ignorable for me

Pretty much as soon as they cut to original footage I skip two minutes and its fine

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    The TNG cast is all still around and able to do voicework

Telltale

I never knew I wanted anything more than this right here. It even works perfectly with their episode system. Have each one have full opening credits like the show.

jAbYpt4.jpg

This week on Star Trek: The Next Generation: Everybody knows someone farted.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    In my head First Contact would have had Sisko being the one all passionate and motivated about destroying the borg with his new emissary magic and Picard as the voice of reason to temper Sisko's passions. Bam Instant character conflict.

They were thinking of rebooting the TV series recently with them in control.

I'd rather see star trek die forever.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm just gonna throw this grenade out there and duck for cover

Star Trek Into Darkness

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

they had enough difficulty getting the full cast together for the series, throwing in a co-star from another, less-popular show would have cut the screen time for the rest of the cast down to like a minute each

• Options

They were thinking of rebooting the TV series recently with them in control.

I'd rather see star trek die forever.

Oh god nooo how do they still hold this much power no

sig.gif
  • Options
    Still want a series based around the life of Kahless and his empire on Qo'nos

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Telltale

I never knew I wanted anything more than this right here. It even works perfectly with their episode system. Have each one have full opening credits like the show.

jAbYpt4.jpg

s2ZiEqS.png

I played the hell out of that game. Fun fact, the away team missions actually changed fairly dramatically depending on who you took with you.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    That first TNG game screenshot looks like an album cover

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm pretty passionate about trek.

I grew up with TNG, like literally. It started the year I was born and from the time I could get away with watching it around 91-92 I did every chance I got.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Just give me a new Star Trek series set like 100 years int he future where there is no way any previous character is still alive. Give me the Enterprise-H or something. Just a bunch of people going out to explore the universe and solving problems using teamwork and technology.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Just give me a new Star Trek series set like 100 years int he future where there is no way any previous character is still alive. Give me the Enterprise-H or something. Just a bunch of people going out to explore the universe and solving problems using teamwork and technology.

Alternate Idea.

Set it in TNG era but in the alternate timeline created by the Abrams movies.

The borg are invading and the primary powers of the alpha quadrant have to try to form a coalition to defend themselves. Creating new political tension as old enemies now have to work together...

• Options
    edited January 2014

also make one of them have HUGE TITS and she has to get naked for some reason every episode

and make them all bitter and dark and edgy and moody

and thrown in a really goofy comic relief character

also there needs to be a time traveler from "the past" (2014) who gets to name drop social media networks ("HOLY SHIT THAT COMMUNICATOR... IS THE NEXT TWITTER") and constantly compare their future world to our present world as a deep metaphor for the future and shit

Brolo on
  • Options
    Also put someone competent in charge.

Braga catches a lot of flack but I think he is good at writing a very specific type of episode, he does rightfully get a bad rap for kissing Berman's ass though.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular

Telltale

jAbYpt4.jpg

It was Data.

• Options
    Diarmuid wrote: »

Telltale

jAbYpt4.jpg

It was Data.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COSeM2EVkDc

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular

I grew up with TNG, like literally. It started the year I was born and from the time I could get away with watching it around 91-92 I did every chance I got.

I remember literally mourning TNG after the last episode. I think I was 14? There were no tv seasons on DVD (or DVDs for that matter) so I was pretty much dealing with the idea that it was entirely over.

• Options
    I've seen Braga credited on things I've enjoyed (including some of the less crappy 24 seasons), so I'm fully willing to put all the blame on Berman.

His face is so punchable.

sig.gif
  • Options

also make one of them have HUGE TITS and she has to get naked for some reason every episode

also there needs to be a time traveler from "the past" (2014) who gets to name drop social media networks ("HOLY SHIT THAT COMMUNICATOR... IS THE NEXT TWITTER") and constantly compare their future world to our present world as a deep metaphor for the future and shit

How about none of that?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014

Get Aaron Paul to play the time traveler and I'm sold

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    have you ever tried to sit in a chair like riker

easy to learn, tough to master

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Request to change "So Raven" to "So Riker".

• Options

I remember literally mourning TNG after the last episode. I think I was 14? There were no tv seasons on DVD (or DVDs for that matter) so I was pretty much dealing with the idea that it was entirely over.

I ended up slowing down on watching it as I turned 10 to 13 or so so around that time I didn't watch it as much.

When I rediscovered it at like 15 it was in repeats on I think TNT I think and I must have seen each episode more than twice.

I never got too much into the spinoff series until very recently though on netflix because the only one I saw on TV was voyager and it is obviously awful.

• Options
    But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    I like Voyager.

• Options
    I've seen Braga credited on things I've enjoyed (including some of the less crappy 24 seasons), so I'm fully willing to put all the blame on Berman.

His face is so punchable.

But! He was friends With Gene Roddenberry!

Even though the first season or two of TNG were largely held back by Roddenberry micromanaging his creative team.

• Options
    But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I wouldn't really punchfight over it though. I'm just sayin'.

But you can call me on
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    I liked First Contact, but Aggressive Movie Picard ruined a lot of it

I also think the borg queen was a little less then necessary.

She's the opposite of what the Borg are about! They are the many that is one! They assimilate, not negotiate. They have no need for centralization of any kind unless it increases efficiency, and there's nothing less efficient than talking with a stupid fleshy mouth

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    a DS9 game would be 1000000 times more interesting as an adventure game than TNG

TNG should be FTL with less combat

• Options
    I like Voyager.

well that was a mistake

• Options
    Request to change "So Raven" to "So Riker".
    Jonathan Frakes IS a Golden God.

• Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    what if they just reused TNG footage and brought in Brad Neely to do Space People Dear Viewer

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    have you ever tried to sit in a chair like riker

easy to learn, tough to master

I don't have the balls to pull it off.

• Options
    The "So Riker" icon can be a full beard with sideburns.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    The "So Riker" icon can be a full beard with sideburns.

B7dEo35.gif

• Options
  • Options
    Stop pretending to be your clone Thomas...

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So there's this free game on iOS and Android called SUITS AND SWORDS

It is a hilariously stupid RPG but it is interesting because the combat is handled through BLACKJACK

The hand closest to 21 gets to attack, if you bust you take extra damage. If you double down you deal extra damage on an attack, if you split you get two attacks.

The magic spells can add or reduce your total, and the expensive ones can fuck with your opponent's.

It is insidiously addicting

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.